Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Looking forward to January 2016 so I can start playing the BDSSE.

catte (eater) tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
SC-23548 EVA FROM SHIP GIVES CRIME LEVEL

ACTUAL RESULT
as soon as I touched alt F to leave ship I became a criminalr

EXPECTED RESULT
Expect that exiting a ship not be illegal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TTerrible posted:

My new favourite citizen line is "If you'd been following this from the start and watched all the dev updates you'd know that..."

Trust me, friend, we have watched just as many videos as you have we're just not several thousand dollars invested so we see it for what it is.

Yeah, funny how doing that makes you bitter, jaded, and cynical to the point where you get banned.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT

standing there in boxers or civilian cloths or vanilla flight suit

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, funny how doing that makes you bitter, jaded, and cynical to the point where you get banned.

Yeah, but the mistake you made was in trying to help. You monster.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I don't even think we will get a stripped down version of the original vision like with Freelancer. I'm sure any major publisher's marketing execs and team can see there is no brand appeal or profitability in buying up this heap of poo poo.

Maybe they can by the rights at firesale prices to use Roberts' name and the SC IP to make a phone game.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nickiepoo posted:

Yeah, but the mistake you made was in trying to help. You monster.

Yeah man, gently caress me for caring about something I believed in.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AP posted:

EXPECTED RESULT

standing there in boxers or civilian cloths or vanilla flight suit

quote:

OS language: english

1) baught flight suit
2) klickt on unequip

English eh?

I'm beginning to think that the only people playing SC at the moment are literal retards.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think the thing that a lot of redditors etc. who think goons are a spontaneous Derek Smart-generated assault squad miss is that Goons as a whole were really on board with this project in the KS and early days.

Like, hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in ships on board. Only the constant stream of paaarp from Roberts started to sour the goon opinion of the project.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Chalks posted:

English eh?

I'm beginning to think that the only people playing SC at the moment are literal retards.

The tens of thousands being spent on the game didn't clue you in earlier?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Squadron 42 Reveal Teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk

CoD Reveal Teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY

Squadron 42 Preview Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8YkjRs-S8w

CoD Preview Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpcNQNJmU9Y

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I can still remember the collective nervous laughter on reddit as the B4TBG "10 For the Chairman" transcriptions got funnier and funnier.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Charles Get-Out posted:

I think the thing that a lot of redditors etc. who think goons are a spontaneous Derek Smart-generated assault squad miss is that Goons as a whole were really on board with this project in the KS and early days.

Like, hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in ships on board. Only the constant stream of paaarp from Roberts started to sour the goon opinion of the project.

And the ones that do know that also think that the only reason any goons are upset is because we wouldn't be able to grief in Star Citizen...somehow?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

even CIG's fake money tracker says they're hosed

lol

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A true believer wouldn't question Christ Roberts, nice try.

I know we're just retreading old jokes here but having followed your SC posts since I joined SA I just want to say that I feel for you over what happened because yeah, gently caress this unholy mess.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And the ones that do know that also think that the only reason any goons are upset is because we wouldn't be able to grief in Star Citizen...somehow?

Star Citizen is grief - no goons required.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

poo poo, I had forgotten how loving dumb "The Morrow Tour" actually was.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

I hate the "Bishop Speech" video. I still don't know what it's about because I can't sit through the whole rambling mess.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Charles Get-Out posted:

I hate the "Bishop Speech" video. I still don't know what it's about because I can't sit through the whole rambling mess.

Ethics in videogames.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Charles Get-Out posted:

It took a friend of mine getting fired and me getting banned in order to really break the illusion that things weren't utterly and completely hosed. And this is after years of delays, patronizing comments, failed expectations, and general stupidity on the part of CIG. Hell the reason I even paid attention to Smart was because I genuinely thought that his antics would at least shake things up enough for CIG to change. Obviously that hasn't happened, it never will happen, and with the latest TOS I'm convinced that CIG knows they're hosed as well.

fnox
May 19, 2013

The thing about planets is that they're not even something too complex, it's been done a million times, you don't even need to procedurally generate anything, you just make it so when you warp to a planet or get too close, you get a prompt saying something like "WOULD YOU LIKE TO LAND IN PARPTONA IV, COMMANDO?", you press yes, a little animation of a landing procedure plays, and you end up in the Parptona IV "spaceport" or whatever with the rest of your fidelitous friends. All you're doing is loading a new map and placing the player there, this is basic MMO stuff.

But no, of course that's not good enough for Christ Roberts! You must be able to land ANYWHERE on the planet because it'll be fully populated with everything and you'll be able to set your base there and you'll be able to land your whole fleet there and there will be pirates living in the planet and they will have custom AI and they will have goals and they will tell you their goals and aspirations and where did they graduate commando school and they'll have per player relationships and you'll be able to kill them and they won't respawn and.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

No suprise. The brain cells tasked with storing that memory have commited suicide or t-posed.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 16, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I hope 2.5 has the car dealership.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Charles Get-Out posted:

Oldman doesn't move his eyelids or his eyebrows for the entire duration of the loving speech.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Charles Get-Out posted:

Go watch Starship Troopers, now imagine the speeches weren't satire.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Richie Stardust posted:

Dip the DEP any?

no way, seen people try and the consequence from that though (100% retirement with no consequence)

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

fnox posted:

All you're doing is loading a new map and placing the player there, this is basic MMO stuff.

Which can also be pretty much seamless a-la Elite which I'm pretty sure (correct if wrong) works exactly in this way.

I'm double bitter at myself over this game because I initially ignored Elite because the ships are just dumb triangles and why should I care. I recently played the tutorial where you just jump over to the next system and back and it was honestly one of the coolest things I've ever done so yeah.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

fnox posted:

The thing about planets is that they're not even something too complex, it's been done a million times, you don't even need to procedurally generate anything, you just make it so when you warp to a planet or get too close, you get a prompt saying something like "WOULD YOU LIKE TO LAND IN PARPTONA IV, COMMANDO?", you press yes, a little animation of a landing procedure plays, and you end up in the Parptona IV "spaceport" or whatever with the rest of your fidelitous friends. All you're doing is loading a new map and placing the player there, this is basic MMO stuff.

But no, of course that's not good enough for Christ Roberts! You must be able to land ANYWHERE on the planet because it'll be fully populated with everything and you'll be able to set your base there and you'll be able to land your whole fleet there and there will be pirates living in the planet and they will have custom AI and they will have goals and they will tell you their goals and aspirations and where did they graduate commando school and they'll have per player relationships and you'll be able to kill them and they won't respawn and.

And there should be base building like Rust and stuff! And you should win prizes for playing!

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

One of the most memorable things about this whole delusion for me is Crobz waving his 2,000 page magnum opus (script for SQ42) onstage as if somehow it proved something, then having a CIG peon scurry to pick it up after he dropped it like Star Marine.

There's been an innumerable amount of CIG self-fails since then, but that point was peak hubris from Crobz. It's been almost vertically downhill ever since.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

squadron 42 gameplay reveal: you are a rookie who has to follow some goober and listen to him yammer then you have to sit and listen to someone else

call of duty: infinite warfare gameplay reveal: you are the captain of a ship and a space fighter pilot and a space marine and you say what missions you go on then you go there and board a ship then blow it the gently caress up after wrecking some fools in zero-g with a loving grappling hook

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It took a friend of mine getting fired and me getting banned in order to really break the illusion that things weren't utterly and completely hosed. And this is after years of delays, patronizing comments, failed expectations, and general stupidity on the part of CIG. Hell the reason I even paid attention to Smart was because I genuinely thought that his antics would at least shake things up enough for CIG to change. Obviously that hasn't happened, it never will happen, and with the latest TOS I'm convinced that CIG knows they're hosed as well.

why the gently caress would you think anyone at all would respond to smart?

the circle jerk in this echo chamber has to date provide no substance or proof of any of the claims laid out. so theres that.

goons are so irrelevant in this landscape now including your glorious leader, its time to let it go

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
So irrelevant, pays $10 to argue with them

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Lazrin posted:

the circle jerk in this echo chamber has to date provide no substance or proof of any of the claims laid out. so theres that.

goons are so irrelevant in this landscape now including your glorious leader, its time to let it go

im glad of it

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Lazrin posted:

those goonies are so irrelevant that i'm going to pay :10bux: to join their dead gay comedy forum to tell them how irrelevant they are!!!!

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
CiG did respond to Smart :classiclol:

(just not in a good way)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kosumo posted:

I like how after all this time they still can not make it so you can invite other people into your hangar - I mean, it's not like some people brought heaps of hangar flair and internet space ships to show off.

Which makes me doubly wonder about the point of hanger ready ships? I mean, what's the point of spending money on something you can neither actually use nor lord over your filthy plebe minions?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Ash1138 posted:

those goonies are so irrelevant that i'm going to pay :10bux: to join their dead gay comedy forum to tell them how irrelevant they are!!!!

disposable income, sorry ur space poor :smuggo:

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 16, 2016

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Samizdata posted:

Which makes me doubly wonder about the point of hanger ready ships? I mean, what's the point of spending money on something you can neither actually use nor lord over your filthy plebe minions?

Cheapest way to actually be able to respawn?

EDIT: Wait, no, I totally misread this.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

KiddieGrinder posted:

disposable income, sorry ur poor :smuggo:
pity me, the poor wageslave plebescrub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

Dude, even the cleaning lady at CIG reads this thread, that's why you're here.

CHARACTER STUCK IN T POSE ON EXITING SHIP IN EVA

• Locked thread