Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
i forgot what tipps.app was. i assumed everyone was talking about a tip calculator or calc.app until I checked my junk folder

it's a wizard - seinfeld dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
it doesn't delete the app, it just deletes the icon lmao

craig's the best

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

who cares, the system apps are like 150mb tops

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

PleasureKevin posted:

there's a loblaws subsidiary that only takes mastercard

Yes, noted poverty food retailer No Frills no longer takes visa along with walmart

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Millstone posted:

Yes, noted poverty food retailer No Frills no longer takes visa along with walmart

I'm not sure they ever took it

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
2027. jony ive, ceo of the nearly defunct apple, comes onstage at WWDC (estimated attendance: 75). he starts to speak, then closes his mouth and looks around the assembled journalists and developers that remain devoted, frowning. "It's called macOS Pubis Mons. loving bastards," he shouts into the air. he then takes his iPhone 13sx out of his messenger bag's iphone pocket, and throws it on the ground, putting a crease in it. he walks offstage, muttering.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snapchat A Titty posted:

do you still use itunes 6 or something or do you just not sync anymore?

Soldier of Fortran posted:

he doesn't have anything running ios 5 and you shouldn't attempt to engage him, honestly.

anyways, i'm glad i can finally hide the stocks app. thanks tim.

e: oh and tips.app.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i know

i just sometimes like to call stymie out on specific points and then drill down there and win the battle and call it and disengage

apple has gotten so bad that people live in denial about someone preferring (and having) a phone that functions properly

here's a fact that will blow your mind: when i unplug my headphones and plug them back in, the last thing i was listening to resumes playback instead of randomly playing another app

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stymie posted:

apple has gotten so bad that people live in denial about someone preferring (and having) a phone that functions properly

here's a fact that will blow your mind: when i unplug my headphones and plug them back in, the last thing i was listening to resumes playback instead of randomly playing another app

My first generation iPod Touch did this and my new iPhone doesn't. Crapple.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

creationist believer posted:

i forgot what tipps.app was. i assumed everyone was talking about a tip calculator or calc.app until I checked my junk folder

it's a wizard - seinfeld dad

prefer to read "its a wizard" in costanza dad unless im missing somethere here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*shaking hands with splayed / tensed fingers in brooklyn jewish gguy gesticulating at the deli abhout the price of roast beef or w/e way* it's a wizard!!!! it's just a god damned wizerd!!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Smythe posted:

*shaking hands with splayed / tensed fingers in brooklyn jewish gguy gesticulating at the deli abhout the price of roast beef or w/e way* it's a wizard!!!! it's just a god damned wizerd!!

serenity now

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Smythe posted:

prefer to read "its a wizard" in costanza dad unless im missing somethere here

please see season 9 episode 15, ive pasted the wikipedia synopsis to get the refrance

Jerry buys his dad a $200 Wizard organizer for a birthday present. George receives a message from Susan's parents, the Rosses. Jerry and George debate about the race of Elaine's new boyfriend and that intrigues her – is he black? George returns the call from the Rosses; the Foundation is having an event this weekend, but George doesn't want to attend, so he comes up with a story that he has to close on his house in the Hamptons. Kramer announces his retirement, a Hollywood big shot has optioned his coffee table book about coffee tables. Elaine finds evidence that leads her to believe her boyfriend is black. Susan's parents see George on the street in the city, during the time he is supposed to be in the Hamptons.

Jerry is woken up early in the morning at his parents' house and gives his father the Wizard, which Jerry claims he got from a deal at only $50. Morty is only impressed by it being a "tip calculator", although Jerry claims it does other things. (ed: this part is the joke) Later he discovers that Kramer has moved to Del Boca Vista phase III to join the other retirees. Elaine laughs when Susan's parents ask her about George's house in the Hamptons, revealing the lies. Morty, who can't run for president of the condo association because he was impeached from their previous condo, decides that Kramer should be elected condo board president of Del Boca Vista phase III, so Morty will run things from behind the scenes, like a "puppet regime". Elaine schemes to try to determine her boyfriend's race. As George finds out the Rosses knew that he lied, and they allowed him to continue lying, he keeps building on his lie and picks up the Rosses to take them to the Hamptons, to "see who'll blink first".

Kramer begins his campaign and the condo newsletter, The Boca Breeze has good things to say about him. When Elaine's boyfriend says they are an interracial couple, she is convinced he is black. Kramer receives some bad press from The Boca Breeze; it's damage control time. Kramer suggests buying each member of the board one of those Wizard "tip calculators". Jerry knows he can't get the deal he told his father he'd received, but Kramer says not to worry, Bob Sacamano's father lives in Florida and can help them out. Elaine discovers her boyfriend is not black, and that he referred to them as an interracial couple because he thought she was Hispanic. Sacamano's father comes through with knock-off "tip calculators" called "the Willard", which can't calculate tips properly and in some cases lack a full complement of numerals, costing Morty and Kramer the election. George and the Rosses reach the Hamptons, where he blinks first and the truth is revealed. The Rosses confirm that they dislike George, and blame him for Susan's death.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
oh gently caress, john gruber is in this bar

i have made poor life decisions

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hey you early adopter beta fuckers. can iOS 10 set custom vibration patterns for individual apps, or are they still holding that back to try and make people use their locked-in iMessage bullshit. thanks in advance for answering my question, bitch

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

GameCube posted:

hey you early adopter beta fuckers. can iOS 10 set custom vibration patterns for individual apps, or are they still holding that back to try and make people use their locked-in iMessage bullshit. thanks in advance for answering my question, bitch

what?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rjmccall posted:

you should have started loudly talking poo poo about kubrick, fonts, and james bond

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

baseball

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

GameCube posted:

are you alright

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

GameCube posted:

lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

rjmccall posted:

gently caress that neoliberal shithead

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

creationist believer posted:

please see season 9 episode 15, ive pasted the wikipedia synopsis to get the refrance

Jerry buys his dad a $200 Wizard organizer for a birthday present. George receives a message from Susan's parents, the Rosses. Jerry and George debate about the race of Elaine's new boyfriend and that intrigues her – is he black? George returns the call from the Rosses; the Foundation is having an event this weekend, but George doesn't want to attend, so he comes up with a story that he has to close on his house in the Hamptons. Kramer announces his retirement, a Hollywood big shot has optioned his coffee table book about coffee tables. Elaine finds evidence that leads her to believe her boyfriend is black. Susan's parents see George on the street in the city, during the time he is supposed to be in the Hamptons.

Jerry is woken up early in the morning at his parents' house and gives his father the Wizard, which Jerry claims he got from a deal at only $50. Morty is only impressed by it being a "tip calculator", although Jerry claims it does other things. (ed: this part is the joke) Later he discovers that Kramer has moved to Del Boca Vista phase III to join the other retirees. Elaine laughs when Susan's parents ask her about George's house in the Hamptons, revealing the lies. Morty, who can't run for president of the condo association because he was impeached from their previous condo, decides that Kramer should be elected condo board president of Del Boca Vista phase III, so Morty will run things from behind the scenes, like a "puppet regime". Elaine schemes to try to determine her boyfriend's race. As George finds out the Rosses knew that he lied, and they allowed him to continue lying, he keeps building on his lie and picks up the Rosses to take them to the Hamptons, to "see who'll blink first".

Kramer begins his campaign and the condo newsletter, The Boca Breeze has good things to say about him. When Elaine's boyfriend says they are an interracial couple, she is convinced he is black. Kramer receives some bad press from The Boca Breeze; it's damage control time. Kramer suggests buying each member of the board one of those Wizard "tip calculators". Jerry knows he can't get the deal he told his father he'd received, but Kramer says not to worry, Bob Sacamano's father lives in Florida and can help them out. Elaine discovers her boyfriend is not black, and that he referred to them as an interracial couple because he thought she was Hispanic. Sacamano's father comes through with knock-off "tip calculators" called "the Willard", which can't calculate tips properly and in some cases lack a full complement of numerals, costing Morty and Kramer the election. George and the Rosses reach the Hamptons, where he blinks first and the truth is revealed. The Rosses confirm that they dislike George, and blame him for Susan's death.

drat........................ im Owned.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rip

that's a good ep tho

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
sleep tight, sweet prince,

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

GameCube posted:

When I used the incorrect phone for a couple weeks (iPhone 6s) it did have some poo poo way to make custom haptic feedback notifications in iOS 9

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

triple sulk posted:

rip

that's a good ep tho

They all are.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cool it's pissflas

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

macOS beta havers: what is the version number in About this Mac? 10.12.0?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PleasureKevin posted:

macOS beta havers: what is the version number in About this Mac? 10.12.0?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what the gently caress else would it be

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

thanks

Last Chance posted:

many speculated it would be macOS 11, macOS 12 or just macOS Sierra or something

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

thanks

many speculated it would be macOS 11, macOS 12 or just macOS Sierra or something

many idiot hell fuckers, sure

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

The Party has decided that they don't need apple in china anymore and have fired their first warning shot. I guess $1B for chinese uber wasn't enough to grease the right palms.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

specifically the Chinese government said apple ripped off some Chinese phone nobody's ever heard of and banned sales of the 6 and 6s

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Luigi Thirty posted:

specifically the Chinese government said apple ripped off some Chinese phone nobody's ever heard of and banned sales of the 6 and 6s

chances of that chinese phone nobody's heard of being leaked poo poo from apple designs of the 6/6s that they just copied

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

only in Beijing, and the ban isn't in effect due to an appeal. this one will likely go away, but Apple is on notice now. their attempts to get into India will probably escalate even further, except India is a very different country (for one thing, like 10x the amount of street-pooping)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

b-but the China thread in D&D said mainlanders poop exclusively on the streets of Hong Kong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

zen death robot posted:

what the hell does this have to do with apple

have you seen the latest ios beta? a discussion of poop is clearly relevant

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sniep posted:

chances of that chinese phone nobody's heard of being leaked poo poo from apple designs of the 6/6s that they just copied

100%

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Millstone posted:

When I used the incorrect phone for a couple weeks (iPhone 6s) it did have some poo poo way to make custom haptic feedback notifications in iOS 9

yeah but only for apple's knockoff whatsapp clone called iMessages, i think. i want a special buzz just for my Dokonoko notifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Last Chance posted:

lol. even this guy can't deal

• Locked thread