Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
AFL-CIO just endorsed Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Grundulum posted:

"Adults" have Trump at 70% unfavorable? What demographic is that?

Edit: and are they also asking children?

the poll just calls the sum 'all adults' for some reason

Chelb fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 16, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BlueBlazer posted:

Background checks please. I do not want impinge on the holy sanctity of the right to bear arms, just make sure a process is in place during the acquisition of those arms. You have said arms, go ahead and bear away. Not like they can be really taken away without your permission anyway. You have a gun. You'll shoot me.

Yeah, but that's been a favorable position for years and the GOP has made no movement on it. The "terrorists with guns" thing is flashy and timely and plays against the GOP's whole "liberals are soft on terror" narrative which makes it politically viable in a way a super popular thing like universal background checks bizarrely isn't.

Politics are ugly and hosed up.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Current CNn chyron: trump tells gop leaders to be quiet or "I'll do it myself"

Loll

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

emdash posted:

Current CNn chyron: trump tells gop leaders to be quiet or "I'll do it myself"

Loll

gently caress you Jobu says Trump.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
We are gonna end up with Ted Cruz aren't we.

The GOP can't afford to not ratfuck trump right now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

hhhat posted:

Can someone post this on Facebook and save it a few more times I can still read the words

https://youtu.be/QEzhxP-pdos

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Dexo posted:

I'm not sure if the GOP is smart/brave enough to do anything, is the thing. We are talking about a party that basically twiddled their thumbs while Trump racked up delegates.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

What can they do? Ratfucking Trump (now) elects Clinton.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Prester Jane posted:

And now some choice quotes from a Politico article titled "Trump's relationship with RNC sours".

"...While Trump had promised Priebus that he would call two dozen top GOP donors, when RNC chief of staff Katie Walsh recently presented Trump with a list of more than 20 donors, he called only three before stopping, according to two sources familiar with the situation. It’s unclear whether he resumed the donor calls later...."

:allears:
Do you think it's because they'd start yelling at each other over the phone?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I kinda think the GOP will wait for him to self destruct. At this rate of hemhorraging support and burning bridges there is no way he can stay in til November. But I would relish the chaos of a convention ratfucking

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

emdash posted:

I kinda think the GOP will wait for him to self destruct. At this rate of hemhorraging support and burning bridges there is no way he can stay in til November. But I would relish the chaos of a convention ratfucking

The honorable Zodiac Killer from Texas has already written off this election, this is his Reagan/Ford moment.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

He got more primary votes than any other Republican in history, probably not a good idea to undermine the will of the voters like that. You see how superdelegates pissed off so many people this cycle and those only appear to undermine the will of the voters.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
That would be exciting, the republicans are already hosed so who doesnt want some exciting political action?

USPOL Goon meet in cleveland? We can all just fight it out in a parking lot Anchorman-style and post the results.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Trabisnikof posted:

I dunno, if Clinton is going to win and the GOP is going to self-destruct from Trumpism either way, ratfucking Trump only to give Cruz a black eye in the general seems pretty win-win to me.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol wait Cruz's name has a filter on it. is that new?

Trabisnikof posted:

Clinton is winning no matter what. Like full stop, barring some unforeseen poo poo happening. And if that unforeseen poo poo happens any republican is going to do well.

At least Cruz or Kasich, doesn't force every single GOP elected official, and politician to constantly answer questions with no good answer about what their thoughts are on Trump's latest gently caress up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I dunno, if Clinton is going to win and the GOP is going to self-destruct from Trumpism either way, ratfucking Trump only to give Cruz a black eye in the general seems pretty win-win to me.

They aren't going to blow up the party even worse for the sake of Ted loving Cruz.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

That would be exciting, the republicans are already hosed so who doesnt want some exciting political action?

USPOL Goon meet in cleveland? We can all just fight it out in a parking lot Anchorman-style and post the results.

are you trying to solicit a mob to gun down black protesters when the rnc comes to town

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

They aren't going to blow up the party even worse for the sake of Ted loving Cruz.

But would they do it to make him a laughing stock and unelectable in 2020? That's my Faustian proposal.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

zoux posted:

Hahaha I wonder if there's a difference between Vietnam, Afghanistan and the continental US. Can anyone think of any?

Ooh, ooh! I got one! The American populace was never given Stinger missiles in the 80s by the CIA!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah no, as a black dude if I lived in Cleveland I would call into work take time off and not leave my house until the RNC leaves

Fuuuuuuck that poo poo.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

STAC Goat posted:

A bunch of Republicans straight up thought Romney was going to kill Obama based on them. It was nuts. I knew people who were totally shell shocked the next day and basically going "wait... were the polls right?" Supposedly Romney himself was blindsided.

It cannot be repeated enough: Romney was so sure that he was going to win despite all evidence to the contrary that he didn't write a concession speech, hired a massive barge in Boston Harbor with fireworks that never went off, and didn't make plans to get home after the rally because he thought the Secret Service would be driving him.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Electric Bugaloo posted:

:allears:
Do you think it's because they'd start yelling at each other over the phone?

I think it is mostly its because Donald Trump doesn't beg people for money, especially not money that should already be his by dint of Donald Trump being the official leader of the GOP. Trump feels that he should be given the money by default and someone else should handle all the begging/pleading for money.

Trump is an addict on a binge and all he cares about doing is getting more of his drug (narcissistic Supply) and he simply is not going to waste his time with any task that is not involved in obtaining more Supply. Pleading for money that he feels he is already entitled too is pretty much the opposite of basking in adulation, so like a 3 year old Trump is simply just not going to cooperate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If they screw Trump out of a nomination somehow, you better believe he will run 3rd party out of spite

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Ooh, ooh! I got one! The American populace was never given Stinger missiles in the 80s by the CIA!

Thanks, Democrats.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Teddybear posted:

It cannot be repeated enough: Romney was so sure that he was going to win despite all evidence to the contrary that he didn't write a concession speech, hired a massive barge in Boston Harbor with fireworks that never went off, and didn't make plans to get home after the rally because he thought the Secret Service would be driving him.

But thoughtful enough to cancel all intern credit cards near immediately after the news, stranding his interns in their hotels.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dexo posted:

Yeah no, as a black dude if I lived in Cleveland I would call into work take time off and not leave my house until the RNC leaves

Fuuuuuuck that poo poo.

Which all reasonable black people in cleveland do because they are normal people with lives and families. Its people being bussed and often paid from every college within 12 hours in every direction that are the real issue. And there are thousands and thousands.

:downs: "This isnt my neighborhood, gently caress it!" *lights car on fire for justice*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Which all reasonable black people in cleveland do because they are normal people with lives and families. Its people being bussed and often paid from every college within 12 hours from every direction that are the real issue.

:downs: "This isnt my neighborhood, gently caress it!" *lights car on fire for justice*

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Spun Dog posted:

matt has Opinions about blacks not knowing their place

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ze Pollack posted:

matt has Opinions about blacks not knowing their place

"It's White Genocide"

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Not Ratfucking costs how many Senators, Congressmen, Governors and State Reps their jobs?

Option A - Not Ratfuck Trump
Lose White House
Possibly lose House of Reps
Possibly lose Senate
Lose X Governors
Lose X State Houses

Option B - Ratfuck Trump
Lose White House

Damage Control.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

MattD1zzl3, circa 1960s posted:

Which all reasonable black people in the south do because they are normal people with lives and families. Its people being bussed and often paid from every college within 12 hours in every direction that are the real issue. And there are thousands and thousands.

:downs: "This isnt my neighborhood, gently caress it!" *inconveniences innocent white patrons by sitting in the lunch counters or by marching across bridges*

seriously though please, please don't shoot any black people later this month :ohdear:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Spun Dog posted:

http://collegecandy.com/2016/02/22/brown-university-failing-classes-protesting-time-management-activism-schoolwork/

quote:

It’s no secret that college students across the country are spending a lot of time protesting whatever is bugging them this week, but apparently they’ve been spending so much time on activism that they’re failing their classes.

An article from Brown University interviewed several students who claim they simply don’t have enough time to balance their schoolwork with their attempts to change the world. Ivy League students who choose protesting over their education. “There are people breaking down, dropping out of classes and failing classes because of the activism work they are taking on,” said an anonymous student called David. “My grades dropped dramatically. My health completely changed. I lost weight. I’m on antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills right now. (Counseling and Psychological Services) counselors called me. I had deans calling me to make sure I was okay.”

I touristed my way through all of the Tamir Rice protests, it seemed like almost everyone, and especially everyone doing destructive or violent things was from out of town and had some university affiliation, often from out of state.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 16, 2016

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

So does Assange actually have anything on Hillary or is this like the last 500 times he's been a grandstanding idiot who is jealous of Greenwald breaking the Snowden stuff?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Spun Dog posted:

Being a racist shitheel is MattD1zzl3's other "gimmick".

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Just stop responding and maybe he'll go away

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

KiteAuraan posted:

like the last 500 times he's been a grandstanding idiot who is jealous of Greenwald breaking the Snowden stuff

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I wish those people could have a taste, just one day of the 'revolution', just to see what it's like when the power goes out and it's not coming back on, going out for patrol to come back to find your house a drone-struck crater, or having most of your friends muster for duty and get wiped out by a different, bigger drone strike. An insurgency has the ability to work, but it's an ugly business, it's not fun, and it can be years, sometimes over a decade, of near constant low-intensity fighting. You have to be able and willing to endure some heavy losses, and those losses are going to be people you know intimately from your community. I'd also like to see what they'd do about logistics after the local Wal-Mart doesn't get restocked because it's now in an active war-zone.

The most ironic part is that if you really wanted to see how to keep the military at bay while you kept an insurgency going you would have to heavily study the tactics used by islamic terror insurgency groups. Either that or the Viet Cong's playbook, I suppose.

Well, I mean, if you happen to feel like moving to the Appalachians it might work out.

You probably can't both be a guerilla and have a cattle ranch, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xae posted:

Not Ratfucking costs how many Senators, Congressmen, Governors and State Reps their jobs?

I don't think its clear at this point, honestly, what's the worst option for GOPe officials. As soon as they endorse/support/don't condemn Trump, their D opponents start running and fundraising on that and polling comes out to demonstrate that "x voters are 50% less likely to vote for you if you endorse Trump" and whether that's true or not, polls scare campaign staffs. So the devil we know is extremely bad for them.

It may not matter though, remember we all thought that eventually the GOP establishment would deign to bestir itself, lazily roll over and crush Trump. That didn't happen and it exposed the deep rifts in the GOP. A successful campaign to replace Trump would take broad agreement on a strategy, candidate, organization, patronage and so on, and I don't think the GOP is in a position to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Xae posted:

And ratfucking him wouldn't do worse? This will still be a base election year even without Trump. But if you ratfuck Trump, you turn off huge swaths of the base. Not just the Trump supporters, but the other Republicans turned off by the party leaders overruling the popular vote.

They're just going to run on the "I stood up to Obama and I can stand up to Trump when he's wrong," and try to mitigate their losses.

• Locked thread