Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Nechronic posted:

Yo, haven't played in months, didn't read thread. Has Taskmaster gotten a rework recently?

Taskmaster is not bad atm. While his skills didn't change, he did get a flat 15% bonus to damage that no one mentioned for some reason. He has a sub-4-minute ttk which is respectable, not great, not garbage. He does just fine in every part of the game at 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The code for every ability comes into being ex nihilo and bereft of prior context, like the Prime Mover or the damage/cost numbers attached to that ability.

I remember Ex Nihilo from Avengers, but who fought the Prime Mover?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

I remember Ex Nihilo from Avengers, but who fought the Prime Mover?

That's my final form. It hasn't appeared yet in the 2016 canon.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Magik is ridiculous, she is one part Jedi one part magical cow enslaver. Only the finest commanding cow, too. Cowmanding. Easiest cosmic trial yet.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Thanks to cosmic patrols, and a me stupidly playing this game again, my casualness has cracked 5000 Omoogle Points.

Also, I really am starting to burn out on the game now. Cosmic term runs are ultra-boring instead of boring, but at least the event raining garbage uniques on me means I can swap them for relics. Also somewhere around 4K Omoogles you start to rain hellfire everywhere; 10K must have absurd damage output for anyone masochistic enough to farm that.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Time to farm perfect endgame gear in case you enter a pro esports professional Marvel Heroes tournament!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Andrigaar posted:

Thanks to cosmic patrols, and a me stupidly playing this game again, my casualness has cracked 5000 Omoogle Points.

Also, I really am starting to burn out on the game now. Cosmic term runs are ultra-boring instead of boring, but at least the event raining garbage uniques on me means I can swap them for relics. Also somewhere around 4K Omoogles you start to rain hellfire everywhere; 10K must have absurd damage output for anyone masochistic enough to farm that.

I just reached exactly 9000. It's not that different, really, you just get bigger red numbers.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

Magik is ridiculous, she is one part Jedi one part magical cow enslaver. Only the finest commanding cow, too. Cowmanding. Easiest cosmic trial yet.

Might I ask your gearing level, omegas and whatnot? I am really enjoying leveling her and I think she may be my "main", so knowing what to shoot for would be great.

Also the ai on teamup captain america could use a bit of work. I made the mistake of putting points in his charge, so at the beginning of every fight he charges kills some trash and charged off in a random direction. He will literally disappear from the fight for minutes at a time off having some ai cap fun half way across the map until the server says he had enough fun and teleports him back to me to start the sequence of events again. This is identical on both civil war cap and anniversary cap.

What I am saying is don't put points in tu caps charge. At this point I may as well leave it in and let cap have his fun till I am 60 on the next two.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

xyigx posted:

Might I ask your gearing level, omegas and whatnot? I am really enjoying leveling her and I think she may be my "main", so knowing what to shoot for would be great.

Also the ai on teamup captain america could use a bit of work. I made the mistake of putting points in his charge, so at the beginning of every fight he charges kills some trash and charged off in a random direction. He will literally disappear from the fight for minutes at a time off having some ai cap fun half way across the map until the server says he had enough fun and teleports him back to me to start the sequence of events again. This is identical on both civil war cap and anniversary cap.

What I am saying is don't put points in tu caps charge. At this point I may as well leave it in and let cap have his fun till I am 60 on the next two.

I use this build - http://marvelheroes.info/builds/tu-gen/captain-america-civilwar/pw:632:635:636:637:641:643:644_pt:1:14:15:1:14:1:15

It is good and fun. His Airborne Assault and Star Spangled Strike do so nice damage. I see 1.5 million pop up every now and then. Plus I will NEVER tire of hearing him tell me how his favorite juke joint closed down. Oh and talking about Rick Rolling :rolleyes:

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:

xyigx posted:

I think Rescue is considered by most to be the most useful team up atm - nanobots!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Dely Apple posted:

I need #blessed her artifacts but yeh she is very fun and good it seems

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Andrigaar posted:

You really shouldn't "farm" omegas, it's just too boring. Just let them gradually wash ashore over the course of your four thousand hours of playtime. A lot of people bought boosts and had to get to 10k the second they upped the limit, but the difference between 7,500 and 10k won't blow your mind, so I just played normally and just reached 9,900. Before long I'll be back to never bothering picking up orbs again and all will be right with the universe.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
when will they add d.va to marvel heroes i will come back when they do

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Ahundredbux posted:

when will they add d.va to marvel heroes i will come back when they do

looking for a very special 6 minute ttk?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

jubelio posted:

looking for a very special 6 minute ttk?

I bet he has a sub 1:00 ttf

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
99 problems but loot aint one.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
Hey, I have some XP stacking questions before I start Peter Parkour's fantastic yellow adventure. How high does the XP bonus go? Apart from my +210% synergy bonus what stacks with what so I don't waste my potions? Thanks!

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Davedog posted:

Hey, I have some XP stacking questions before I start Peter Parkour's fantastic yellow adventure. How high does the XP bonus go? Apart from my +210% synergy bonus what stacks with what so I don't waste my potions? Thanks!

50 cup, 100 green/quad/iridium bar (up to 200 but don't waste your money that way), 100 penta (again, stacks to 200 but unless you are making GBS threads money, don't do this), 100 omega, 100-200 avengers (depending on the number of people using this), 200 summer, 200 winter, 150 I boost, 50 iridium cup, 25 gifted boost, 33 from anniversary cupcakes. Boosts give you anywhere from 1108 to 1408 (again, don't do this unless you are bathing in literal golden shower)

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
Thanks!

Yeah, I won't be stacking it that high but it's good to know it all stacks up. With just over a week with the 1/2 off cosmic week I should be able to get some decent progress!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Ive had Auntie Mang since release but only played him to 14 and he seems, well, ultra mega bad. Like hard to level bad.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Get his aoe physical laser blast and shoot people with it. Congrats now you're level 60!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh good I won't have to pay money for a non-MCU Ultron

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Ive had Auntie Mang since release but only played him to 14 and he seems, well, ultra mega bad. Like hard to level bad.

Who the gently caress are you talking about? If you mean Ant-Man, then yes, he's a pain until you get his sig. If you mean Magneto, he's always poo poo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm not American so i don't pronounce aunt as ant but even i knew who he meant.

The aoe blast is good advice because he has no other good options for breezing through trash below 60 where you can gear high enough that his passive ants and dots will reliably kill poo poo.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
A couple of additional tips for new or returning players:

- Unlock the Hightown patrol zone by completing Chapter 10. (do what the OP says and complete the whole story with at least one character)
- Use 4 of the same type of Unique to exchange for 50 relics or 5 Unique of the same type for 500k value chests. You'll needs tons of cash for re-rolls.
- Re-roll a duplicate item instead of the one you have equipped. It'll keep you from running out of cash and Unstable Molecules only to be left with some terribly lovely stats you have to slot because it's the only one of that type you have. (sperg tip)
- Hightown is best for collecting Uniques
- Don't stuff your stash space with Artifacts. Most of them are poo poo, and hopefully a more veteran goon player will provide a list of ones worth keeping.
- Don't forget your Team-up has their own inventory space. It's shared across all Team-ups, but it's a little more room available for your pack ratting behavior
- Speaking of stash space, if you need an item, ask in game. Chances are some goons will be happy to just give you something to create a blank square in their own stash.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

When your synergy is low and you can't just burn 1-60 unbuffed with half the story quests and a few LQs, it's good to have a few of the low level artifacts about to smooth the process. When you get to the point where you no longer need them, they sell or donate for more credits per space than anything else bar the better credit items and chests.

So do pick up those Cybernetic Implants, Skrull Targeting Computers, Metasensory Arrays and AIM Robot Dispensers. Things that give big cost reduction or Spirit boost are also handy, and anything that gives +1 powers if its other stats are useful. Just don't hoard them in big numbers.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

If you already have the stash tab and the hero token are either of the team-ups from the anniversary event worth getting or is there something else I should spend cake slices on?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Wallet posted:

If you already have the stash tab and the hero token are either of the team-ups from the anniversary event worth getting or is there something else I should spend cake slices on?

just get them. cakes easy enough to come by and its 2 free team ups

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Woo! New thread. The sun god came through after all.

Also; add me to the yellow mans list. I cosmiced my waifu Deadpool.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I was wondering that too since I have all those and around 1700 cake slices.

Collecting a bunch of i80 legendaries/Odins sounded the best, but are the artifact boxes worth the gamble?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Andrigaar posted:

I was wondering that too since I have all those and around 1700 cake slices.

Collecting a bunch of i80 legendaries/Odins sounded the best, but are the artifact boxes worth the gamble?

Not compared to a guaranteed 800-1000 Odin Marks. Every cake you get is at least one hero set for life.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

yeah it's probably a better deal to convert the legendaries from cakes into 8 blessings each and just outright buy artifacts in trade than it is to spend cake slices on crimson boxes

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Team ups or 800 odins? Only team ups I have so far are pirate dp and shield dude.
I also don't have a ton of odins, probably like six good legendaries and maybe 6 or 7 blessings worth that I bounce around between whichever dudes I'm playing most.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

To celebrate Father's Day this year, I (a Father) am going to gift myself the greatest Dad ever -- MR. FANTASTIC!!

Hopefully this makes up for the lack of a father figure growing up :unsmith:

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 16, 2016

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Polegrinder posted:

To celebrate Father's Day this year, I (a Father) am going to gift myself the greatest Dad ever -- MR. FANTASTIC!!

Hopefully this makes up for the lack of a father figure growing up :unsmith:

Unlike your real dad, he won't let you down.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Lozareth posted:

Unlike your real dad, he won't let you down.

That means a lot, thanks.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Everyone knows that Warbaby Cable is the greatest Father Figure in the game.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MichaelMayhem posted:

Greetings!

It's been awhile since I've written up a preview post. Expect more of them in the coming months about our long-term plans and big feature updates we've been working on. Today, we're talking about Dynamic Combat Level, and what it means for the game.

What Is It?

Dynamic Combat Level is a backend system - it will never be displayed as an option, and you'll never be notified it's functioning. It works its magic under the hood, behind the scenes, in order to create a better experience for everyone.

What Does It Do?

Simply put, Dynamic Combat Level scales the difficulty of the game, based on the difference between your level and the enemy's level. If you are a level 30 hero fighting a level 15 enemy, you'll be dealing and taking similar damage as if you were level 15. You'll still have all of your power points, unlocked powers, and gear quality of your real level, so you'll still be much more effective than you were at level 15, you just won't be exponentially moreso.

Currently, damage is predominantly based on level. Anyone who has leveled in Holosim can see this formula at work - if you start to overlevel the intended level band of that Holosim instance, you will notice incredible increases to your damage output, without so much as placing power points or equipping new gear. Eventually, you become completely indestructible and defeat all enemies in one hit. This has always presented a lot of gameplay and content flow issues.

Why Do It?

Dynamic Combat Level is intended to solve a number of problems the game currently suffers. I'll outline them each here, and explain in detail why DCL solves them.

I can't play with my friend because he's a different level!

DCL allows players of any level to play together without restriction. The game automatically adjusts and tunes accordingly, so a level 60 player can play through the story with his level 1 friend if he so chooses.

A level 60 hero is ruining the game for the rest of us in Story mode, one-shotting everything! We can't complete our missions!

A level 60 player in Hell's Kitchen will now be at a reasonable power level (for the best geared level 1 known to man). The level 60 won't be one-shotting everything in sight, which is historically a problem for both new players experiencing the game in areas like Story mode, or in patrol zones such as Midtown where a player can remain overleveled in the "wrong band" and create an unfun experience for the rest of the patrollers.

This game is too easy while leveling up, there's no challenge!

While we do intentionally tune the game relatively low for casual players who are first coming to the genre, a large bulk of the complaints we receive in this department are due to level being so dominant in the combat formula. Unless you are fighting an enemy exactly of your level, the game will feel too easy. Between XP Boost events and login rewards, it's very easy for even a non-paying player to proceed through the game faster than we intended, which means they are going to breeze through the content. DCL solves that by keeping the game at the challenge level we intended, even if you are vastly overleveled for the area you are playing in.

I got separated from my group because we're in different level bands now!

Most (if not all) level banded regions will go away entirely. We may keep a level 60 band and a 1-59 band, but that is still in discussion. In any case, you'll never see that dreaded "not the right level for this region" for most content. Raids may remain as the one 60-only content experience.

I'm a prestige player, and I don't like that most new content is level 60 only!

Game modes such as Age of Ultron and Danger Room can be opened up to be accessible to any levels, now that the game scales dynamically, opening more avenues for leveling your heroes. It may take a couple passes to get XP gains correct as these modes weren't originally built for leveling, but we'll make every effort to have all content going forward use DCL and be level agnostic.

Bonus Round - Global Difficulty Setting

We've been wanting to do this for a long time. The details will come in another dedicated post, but I can't wait any longer to unveil it. One of the biggest reasons we needed to create a dynamically scaled combat system is so that we can then modify that scaling based on your personal preference.

This means, if you want the game to be harder and be more rewarded for that, you can make that choice. There will no longer be a concept of "Red Terminals" and "Cosmic Midtown" and "Red Muspelheim", everything will be baked into the difficulty slider. As a global feature, we no longer have to make these individual regions - the entire game, simultaneously, will have a "Red" and "Cosmic" version, though we'll likely be changing the names a bit.

For our prestige players, if you want to play a slightly harder but not quite Cosmic-level difficulty Story mode, with stops along the way for some harder One-Shots, you will be fully able to. Difficulty will increase not just combat effectiveness (health/damage), but also alter the amount of upgraded enemies, minibosses, affixes on enemies, population densities, and more.

For the endgame players, all game modes will have a Cosmic difficulty option and associated rewards. "Cosmic Story", "Cosmic X-Defense", "Cosmic Age of Ultron", it's all coming with this feature. Raids are the only game mode that may have some of the difficulty options locked when we launch, as we want to spend a bit more time on the individual fight mechanics and the way they grow with difficulty.

WHEN?!

Dynamic Combat Level is planned to release this month, at the end of June. For the current moment, we'll still be keeping the level band system for Midtown and similar modes. It's a decent chunk of additional work to remove the bands, and we don't want that to hold up the system from being launched. We'll take out the bands at a later time.

The Difficulty Setting will come later, probably in Fall of this year.

Thanks for the long read! This is only the first of many deep systems we plan to be tackling going forward as we push to make a higher quality game.
Looking forward to finding out in how many unforeseen ways it'll break the game on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Looking forward to finding out in how many unforeseen ways it'll break the game on release.

lol that is coming out this month. i am worried

• Locked thread