Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
In a vacuum, the Tuchanka section of ME3 is pretty solid, and the combat is good also.

sassassin posted:

The respective voice actors stated as such. Girl Shep was trying to play two characters, Mark Meer one.

Huh. Well Jennifer Hale does a better job as purple hero anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kajeesus posted:

In a vacuum, the Tuchanka section of ME3 is pretty solid, and the combat is good also.

The ending scene is decent enough that everyone forgets how boring the rest of it was.

The combat is easy. Ludicrously so. Everything that made it interesting in the previous two games was stripped out. But now you can roll. Great. Encounter design was garbage.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

hwordhan posted:

Quarian breast milk is likely to be extremely sweet: The L-(+)-Lactose component of milk gives it a slightly sour taste (as it's more likely to ferment), while D-(+)-Lactose, A.K.A. milk sugar, gives it a sweet taste. Both are present in common breast milk, the levo one is just more common. I reckon the opposite is true for quarians.

But that's not the only thing...

Available in breast milk, is the essential amino acid L-Phenylalanine, the body converts this in Tyrosine, which is, in its turn, converted into all sorts of proteins and brain chemicals. (Like adrenaline)

However, its dextro counterpart, has a different function for humans. It prohibits the enzymes that naturally break down endorphin, resulting in an extreme sense of bliss, power, and prohibiting your pain receptors from sending their chemicals to your brain.

:goonsay:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Will this game be VR compatible during romances or what

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Most of the bad things in ME3 are so because it's the sequel to ME2.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also because Shepard had to personally wrap up every unsolvable historical intergalactic conflict and get every major fleet in the universe to converge on a single fairly unimportant planet at their discretion during the single greatest time of crisis in the galaxy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
To be fair, the Reapers made it important by dragging the Citadel there.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All fair points, but what I think you're overlooking is that every single thing about Mass Effect, all of it, completely owns.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kurieg posted:

To be fair, the Reapers made it important by dragging the Citadel there.

It's retroactively justified, but nobody knows it at the time they're committing their entire fleet to Shepard's discretion, Shepard included.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I think "We can beat the Reapers by conventional means, but only if I can coordinate every feuding faction in the galaxy to make a single combined assault" is actually a lot more interesting than everything being based around a Hail Mary plan involving a superweapon. (Especially when they don't appear to know anything at all about what the superweapon does until they use it.)

Recovering ancient artifacts to fortify cultures owns.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

All fair points, but what I think you're overlooking is that every single thing about Mass Effect, all of it, completely owns.

Mass Effect the game yes. Mass Effect the series not quite

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Mass Effect the series is really cool and good and i am looking forward towards playing Andromeda and hopefully it has the same cool multiplayer ME3 has.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Everything.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I liked Mass Effect. I would like to like it again some day.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sounds like a personal problem.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hm. I dunno. I think there's an upper limit on how many things I can like at once.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Will the krogan with a giant hammer be returning in the new game. Please, and thank you.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Theodicy (n) the study of why, since Mass Effect owns, it contains Kai Leng.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Halloween Jack posted:

I think "We can beat the Reapers by conventional means, but only if I can coordinate every feuding faction in the galaxy to make a single combined assault" is actually a lot more interesting than everything being based around a Hail Mary plan involving a superweapon. (Especially when they don't appear to know anything at all about what the superweapon does until they use it.)

Recovering ancient artifacts to fortify cultures owns.

Yeah, I actually got pretty invested in fortifying my forces for the final assault, and was pretty dissapointed when all that did was let me pick the color that came out of the superweapon at the end.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

While odd that they ended the series with a multiplayer only title, I still feel that ME3 was worth the $60.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ME3 was great until the ending, which was so bad that it made you forget about how cool the game was.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

ME3 was great until the ending, which was so bad that it made you forget about how cool the game was.

The ending was so bad that it negated everything before it. Geth/Quarian stuff for example - you have this nice self contained side plot that is contradicted by the ending.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kajeesus posted:

Huh. Well Jennifer Hale does a better job as purple hero anyway.

She completely drops the ball on the "big stupid jellyfish" line in ME1, so I turned away and never looked back.

In all honesty, I think Meer is underrated, especially in ME2 and 3. And even in 1, he's usually spot on with the handful of lines that are supposed to be funny.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

This is because you aren't actually thinking about the story. The game is fun, but doesn't hold up to intelligent thought. And the ending is even worse than you can imagine.

This is condescending AF. The game is the best in the series as far as game play is concerned, and wrapped the character stories up nicely. It does not satisfactorily wrap up the Reaper plot, but IMO they made that impossible by giving them a back story that wasn't about entropy or some kind of big concept relating to the fate of the universe itself, as Sovereign alluded too in ME1.

Geniasis posted:

She completely drops the ball on the "big stupid jellyfish" line in ME1, so I turned away and never looked back.

In all honesty, I think Meer is underrated, especially in ME2 and 3. And even in 1, he's usually spot on with the handful of lines that are supposed to be funny.

I agree. Meer sounds pretty wooden when talking to Liara in Me1, but he is awesome in 2 & 3. Hale is good as well, but Meer is more consistent in his delivery.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Codependent Poster posted:

ME3 was bad until the ending, which was also bad, but a different kind of bad

Agreed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, up until the ending I was constantly gushing about how much I loved the way they were wrapping up the stories. Seeing a lot of the plotlines that I put hours into come to the conclusion that I had hoped they would (because of my choices) was awesome.

Also I played as manshep because how else am I going to bang all the alien spacebabes?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Geniasis posted:

"I should go. I should go? I should go. Do I really sound like that?"

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, up until the ending I was constantly gushing about how much I loved the way they were wrapping up the stories. Seeing a lot of the plotlines that I put hours into come to the conclusion that I had hoped they would (because of my choices) was awesome.

Also I played as manshep because how else am I going to bang all the alien spacebabes?

I played manshep to bang the human spacebro.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Irenaerian point of view: dealing with suffering and evil allows us to transcend and achieve a greater good

this is proven by kai leng eating it like a chump when you own him with vanguard charge

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Geniasis posted:

Meer is really good in ME3, imo. His delivery of the renegade talk-down of the Quarians at the end of the Rannoch arc is just full of contempt.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Mass Effect the game sucks rear end and is bad.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Torrannor posted:

I played manshep to bang the human spacebro.

Only if you don't atomize him on Virmiire

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Geniasis posted:

Hale is good in general, but I think she isn't good during comical scenes or when Shepard's being sarcastic. When I think back to Conrad scenes, it's always Meer in my head. A lot of renegade dialogue is just you being a sarcastic dick, and I like Meer delivering that better.

Wxhode
Mar 29, 2016

by R. Guyovich

MA-Horus posted:

Only if you don't atomize him on Virmiire

Look at this loving poseur who doesn't know Vega is the one true homosex.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Lycus posted:

Hale is good in general, but I think she isn't good during comical scenes or when Shepard's being sarcastic. When I think back to Conrad scenes, it's always Meer in my head. A lot of renegade dialogue is just you being a sarcastic dick, and I like Meer delivering that better.
I think Hale does a great job overall, but yeah, Meer's considerably better at comedy - probably because he just naturally deadpans it, whereas Hale seems like she's really trying to be funny. I feel that doesn't gel well with the way Hale plays the character (either as Paragon or Renegade) either. As a result, the "I should go" routine from Citadel works much better for Meer than Hale.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lycus posted:

"Conrad, let me make this perfectly clear. This is not acceptable."

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I have always felt that the "I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite store on the Citadel" worked better with Meer's delivery because of it being deadpan. Since you can get the endorsement at every store it makes sense that Shep doesn't give two shits about whether it's actually his favourite or not. Hale's delivery, I dunno it seems like she is trying to be sincere and it makes it less funny when you keep hearing it around the Citadel.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Geniasis posted:

"Conrad, let me make this perfectly clear. This is not acceptable."

Yeah, perfect example. Hale blew one of my favorite Meer lines.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Charlie Mopps posted:

Mass Effect the series is really cool and good and i am looking forward towards playing Andromeda and hopefully it has the same cool multiplayer ME3 has.

Personally, I hope it's better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Ice To Meet You posted:

Will the krogan with a giant hammer be returning in the new game. Please, and thank you.

I'm afraid he died.

• Locked thread