Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

And a big fat nerd face

and like fifty loving bowties.

You can't be relevant until you're so unlikable that everyone wants to punch your stupid face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

AP posted:

5760X1080 PIRATE MEDIUM ARMOR

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 5760x1080 and medium pirate armor center screen has medium obstruction, 90% of side monitors is unobstructed.

ACTUAL RESULT
medium armor is suppose to obstruct FOV but with 3 screens i still have complete peripheral view, 90% of left and right peripheral view is unobstructed.

EXPECTED RESULT
obstruct to peripheral view as intended.

bugfiks succsful.

oh wait, wrong game

bugfiks succsful.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 16, 2016

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

ManofManyAliases posted:

IDK. I personally love to argue with him. He's the only one here that has engaged me back in counter argument without calling me an insult.

(Actually, that's not true - he's called me idiot, moron, shill, shitizen, dumbass, etc.) But, I think the point is - he's okay with me just posting. I just wouldn't call him an idol.

I'll try to post a bit more today - take it out on me.

Hey, I tried to engage you civilly several times. I only started calling you a moron when it was clear you didn't want to have actual discussions and you just wanted to inflate your persecution complex and sense of self-righteousness.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I find it good to have a variety of games and other hobbies and not to get too obsessed with just one thing and stake your whole life on it

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Charles Get-Out posted:

Hey, I tried to engage you civilly several times. I only started calling you a moron when it was clear you didn't want to have actual discussions and you just wanted to inflate your persecution complex and sense of self-righteousness.

I had one civil conversation with MOMA. It took several posts to even get it started. I wouldn't try again.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I chatted with him about his hopes and aspirations RE belts and that was good times

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Just wanna chime in here and say I appreciate that everyone posts pictures of their dogges/cattes. There's lots of them out there that need forever homes and you guys are really helping out.

Basically, keep doing what you are doing!!!

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Aha, from the comments:

"No space sim has ever reached the fidelity and complexity of star citizen (even in its current alpha state)"

Come on buddy. Come on.

E:^^^^^ hell yeah. I will never get bored of seeing happy pets.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Propagandist posted:

Just wanna chime in here and say I appreciate that everyone posts pictures of their dogges/cattes. There's lots of them out there that need forever homes and you guys are really helping out.

Yes please, dogs and cats are large part of the appeal of this thread.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

Peter, do you have three monitors?

noHELMET HELMET noHELMET

nice work CIG

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lazrin posted:

time to let it go

He said, clinging to the hope that Star Citizen will be a good game.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 16, 2016

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Charles Get-Out posted:

Yes please, dogs and cats are large part of the appeal of this thread.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Nickiepoo posted:

Which can also be pretty much seamless a-la Elite which I'm pretty sure (correct if wrong) works exactly in this way.

I'm double bitter at myself over this game because I initially ignored Elite because the ships are just dumb triangles and why should I care. I recently played the tutorial where you just jump over to the next system and back and it was honestly one of the coolest things I've ever done so yeah.

This thing is made for VR really. You can relive that tutorial below btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djy83O0nfds

I know the DK2 feed visuals are very bad and this was made 18 months ago, but bear with it. It delivers.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 16, 2016

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I really wish, more than anything, that Croberts would spend some of his time staying up all night here, writing 8 hour rants to goons.

Find that AMD letter!

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

biglads posted:

One of the most memorable things about this whole delusion for me is Crobz waving his 2,000 page magnum opus (script for SQ42) onstage as if somehow it proved something, then having a CIG peon scurry to pick it up after he dropped it like Star Marine.

There's been an innumerable amount of CIG self-fails since then, but that point was peak hubris from Crobz. It's been almost vertically downhill ever since.

Everything with Croberts is just quantity, not quality.

More polygons means better artwork.
More pages means a better script.
More mocap means better mocap.
More handwaving means better ideas.
More money means better game.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Along with the dogges and cattes, I like your avatar too :3:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Propagandist posted:

Dogges r gud.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MilesK posted:

MoMA or that other guy, have you ever considered showing your faith and devotion to Star Citizen by getting a tattoo? I mean, this exciting new IP is going to revolutionize games and be around forever, right?

I want you to be reminded of your grief for the rest of your life

Come one, no one would be stupid enough to get a tattoo to remind them of a failed Chris Roberts project.

You know where this is going, right? Ok.

Ugh.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Dante80 posted:

I have a trackIR, and being able to glance over to my left to deal with my targeting ect ect was really great, yeah. Part of the reason I'd delayed getting into it is that the trackIR went missing and I couldn't bring myself to play without it.

It's turned back up now soooooo

EDIT: Really looking forward to VR being a bit more readily available for games exactly like this. TrackIR isn't a bad solution but man, it doesn't compare.

Nickiepoo fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 16, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I finally made a proper version of this gif, without the Parkinson's

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dante80 posted:

I know the DK2 feed visuals are very bad and this was made 18 months ago, but bear with it. It delivers.

Flying towards a ringed planet in the shadow of its sun while navigating a pitch black asteroid belt with your headlights for vision in VR is one of those moments where everything clicks into place and you realise you are genuinely feeling emotions / fear from playing a game.
It's that kind of thing that when Elite does do it, it blows everything else away. I could see the silhouette of half mile wide rocks out of my side windows, really cool.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Dogges r gud.

Best animal

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Dogges r gud.

I can't get over how rad this little guy is

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Maw posted:

I can't get over how rad this little guy is

He's like a dog concentrate

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Breetai posted:

Just wait until you're in a major battle and then one of the REALLY big capital ships jumps in right on top of you.

You'll be able to tell when it happens. It sounds like the universe is coming to an end as an absolutely massive behemoth rips its way back into normal space and turns the surrounding kilometer of space into a deathscape of lasers. I didn't even know that they existed the first time it happened, and the impact was jaw-dropping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIlFOQK0teg

and two at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTwtZrtmOCU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Dante80 posted:

the ironic part is that the VR for ED was just a pet project by their developers and it turned out awesome

Cobra Engine FTW!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Like I know it's Chris Roberts and it's funny. But as someone with Italian heritage and who's studying to be a history teacher, I am very offended by people constantly pointing out that gesticulation is weird. :colbert:

me irl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Flying in and out and all around a capital ship in VR is pants shittingly good

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cattes r also gud too

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Can you imagine this in Star Citizen with player controlled ships, like they've been saying will be a thing?

Capital ship 1:
BRRRRRROOOOMMMMMMMM

Capital ship 2:
You have been kicked from the server. Reason: 16 players per instance.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Then I see this and VR is revealed as the unimportant gimmick it truly is

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Xaerael posted:

Can you imagine this in Star Citizen with player controlled ships, like they've been saying will be a thing?

Capital ship 1:
Jitters off wildly into space

Capital ship 2:
Jitters off wildly into space

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Capital Ship 1:
Bursts into a million hand-crafted pieces

Capital Ship 2:
Loading Error

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Beet Wagon posted:

Cattes r also gud too

Beet Wagon posted:

Dogges r gud.

Thank you for your service this is not an emptyquote

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's breathing too. And they look away when it starts moving.

I think it's an Alien hatching... :ohdear:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

sometimes things that are not cattes or dogges are also gud

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Beet can we have a video of your dogge? :allears:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

If you watch the tour closely, you'll just see how the player's character clearly notices all the weird poo poo going on around him and keeps looking away like it's some kind of horror scenario.

I also enjoy the grabby hands fidelity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

sometimes things that are not cattes or dogges are also gud

You are a weird goony individual. And I do agree, those are indeed gud.

ps: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE KAYAK VIDEO.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 16, 2016

• Locked thread