Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Bohemian Nights posted:

uhhh dude, everything on the screen is blurry, it's just that things that are tiny on it are harder to see as a consequence. Like I said, near/far-sight isn't really my problem.

I could probably have worded that better, though

Your (eyesight is) just bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Jeza posted:

look at this scrub without a 3d monitor

No that's not how they work either, the depth is fake depth, you see.

No wonder this game is headed down the toilet if everyone who plays it is a dribbling retard. (no offense)

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I know you are trolling but pot, kettle, etc.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Are you saying that I'm black?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
If you are, the kkk was right

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Well, Prime matchmaking has launched. Can't wait to see how this turns out

stump collector
May 28, 2007
New knife skins, and they all look great

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Holy gently caress those Lore knives. :vince:

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

symbolic posted:

Holy gently caress those Lore knives. :vince:

Holy gently caress, they made a Gut Knife look good. :stare:

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
why aren't u posting them in the thread

here, i'll do it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Also, finally a Covert Glock. It only took three years. :unsmith:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

new cases are dropping?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Demostrs posted:

oh my god

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/counterstrike/CSGOatse

this is not a joke

this is a real situation

there's a team named csgoatse

They call it lonely diggin'

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

quote:

– The convar sv_alltalk has been replaced with sv_talk_enemy_dead and sv_talk_enemy_alive.

Neat

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wish they did those finishes with the bowie knife. But I'm being greedy I suppose.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9W2cV7pqK4

haha jesus christ valve

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I don't think it lowers the skill ceiling, it's kinda useless info. It's super loving annoying though. They couldn't have made a new, better sound?!

e: drat if the Autotronic bayonet came in blue I'd buy that so fast you wouldn't believe it

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 16, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Knowning how close an enemy is to reloading is prettty important

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that video goes for almost 4 minutes just to show the bad new sound

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

lol the new mag7 sound

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

honestly I kinda like the "low on bullets sound". it's nice to know.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I hope they can't hear it on the silenced weapons. I don't need a loud clacking to give me away faster

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

mcvey posted:

Knowning how close an enemy is to reloading is prettty important

not to mention guns dont make different loving sounds when low on ammo. jesus christ this is stupid

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
negev and m249 sound kinda nice and meaty now

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Low ammo sounds lower the skill ceiling because it's something different and unfamiliar and I haven't yet learned how to apply it to my advantage yet :qq:

fake edit: I haven't really listened to the new machineguns yet, the MAG-7 sounds funny but whatev it will always take adjusting to when there's a change. Those low ammo clicks do seem like they are way too loud though. Especially if they're going to make it so other players can hear it. Making it an optional thing would be... something, it would help you remember how much ammo is left but also give away your position and status easily. And then nobody serious would bother loading noisemaker rounds at the bottom of each mag so :shrug:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nftyw posted:

Low ammo sounds lower the skill ceiling because it's something different and unfamiliar and I haven't yet learned how to apply it to my advantage yet :qq:

fake edit: I haven't really listened to the new machineguns yet, the MAG-7 sounds funny but whatev it will always take adjusting to when there's a change. Those low ammo clicks do seem like they are way too loud though. Especially if they're going to make it so other players can hear it. Making it an optional thing would be... something, it would help you remember how much ammo is left but also give away your position and status easily. And then nobody serious would bother loading noisemaker rounds at the bottom of each mag so :shrug:

its way to mil sim for cs but it would be cool if you could set those rounds wherever you want in a clip

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

nftyw posted:

Well, it isn't something different. You could always make a small advantage if you kept track of how many bullets your opponent fired. Now a sound cue is there for everyone to get that information for free, rendering counting bullets pointless and giving that advantage out to everyone for free.

Honestly, it's not a huge deal, but it isn't something a skilled player can turn to their advantage. It takes an advantage away.

It also removes a mindgame that happens in high level play where players will choose not to reload in order to not give away their position even though they only have a few bullets left. Previously it was a bluff because an opponent won't know how much of your clip you might have left (let's say they heard you fire 10, but you only had 15 bullets left beforehand). Now there is a sound cue that says "It's a lot safer to push me because I only have a few bullets".

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Jeza posted:

Well, it isn't something different. You could always make a small advantage if you kept track of how many bullets your opponent fired. Now a sound cue is there for everyone to get that information for free, rendering counting bullets pointless and giving that advantage out to everyone for free.

Honestly, it's not a huge deal, but it isn't something a skilled player can turn to their advantage. It takes an advantage away.

It also removes a mindgame that happens in high level play where players will choose not to reload in order to not give away their position even though they only have a few bullets left. Previously it was a bluff because an opponent won't know how much of your clip you might have left (let's say they heard you fire 10, but you only had 15 bullets left beforehand). Now there is a sound cue that says "It's a lot safer to push me because I only have a few bullets".

some of these changes are just so targeted at specific, arguably unimportant situations that makes me wonder who exactly they're balancing the game for.

even in those situations where you are low on bullets, baiting the reload sound and quick switching would usually cause people to push, but now you're at an even more hilarious disadvantage now that people know you are only have 5 bullets now they can just bait out the shots.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The addition of the low ammo sound is so loving weird, who asked for this? Is the one guy working on this game desperately trying to find new features? It's as dumb as the loving revolver

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

good news boys, i was playing casual and got a gamma case
bad news, there was a blatant wallhacking, hop-scripting guy

all in all, evens out :thumbsup:

dam, the gamma, lore and autotronic look real cool. dunno how to feel about the freehand one, but gut says i like it

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 16, 2016

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I only like a few of those skins (the AWP, P250 and revolver)

The knives are cool but lol I'll never own one of those, that's way too much.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Smithereens posted:

dam, the gamma, lore and autotronic look real cool. dunno how to feel about the freehand one, but gut says i like it

I would accept$15-$20 to play a map with a blatant hacker in casual. Heck, I'll play half a map with a blatant hacker in there just to get my xp. I think it more than evens out. Are you going

E: Unless it was below $15 by that time, but they're still at over $8, which I would also accept to play with a hacker for a map in casual. Are you selling it, or opening it?

surc fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 16, 2016

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Smithereens posted:

This is pretty much me today. Played last night with a blatant hacker and got a gamma case today.

Ez $7.25 in Steam Bucks

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Has anyone tried prime MM yet? How are the queue times?

Also that new sg skin is pretty coal and I think it may well replace my ol' trusty Call of Duty cyrex

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Has anyone tried prime MM yet? How are the queue times?

Also that new sg skin is pretty coal and I think it may well replace my ol' trusty Call of Duty cyrex

It seems pretty much the same. Same amount of edgelords, crybabies and shady individuals. But maybe it gets better overtime if more shady individuals go making less crybabies cry.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Prime MM has slightly longer queue times, but the games have been really good so far. People seem to have better vibes on both sides. Maybe I'm just lucky, though.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I played a few games yesterday and it felt essentially the same, except I kept getting put on teams of randoms against 3-4 stacks. Had a seriously shady couple of games too so who knows how this'll shake out.

house of the dad fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 16, 2016

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Prime is probably gonna be the same as normal matchmaking for a while until a few vacwaves has rolled through, Vladimir and Hans can't just buy a new account and requeue prime, there's a bigger barrier for hackers.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i played one prime game with some teens and immediately went back to playing overwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

gigawhite posted:

I played a few games yesterday and it felt essentially the same, except I kept getting put on teams of randoms against 3-4 stacks. Had a seriously shady couple of games too so who knows how this'll shake out.

Pretty sure it will shake out like MM, but fewer hackers and griefers. The whole point is that it makes it harder for people to evade bans, and gives a way to track multiple accounts to a single user.