Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Dude aint have any teeth. What are Carolina "Reepers"? though? Whatever red stuff he ground down?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Oh, goddamned literally pepper fruit. "Carolina Reaper"

I feel bad for that dude tbh.

(thx penguin you answered just before I typed this out I guess)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Ah yes, “Reapers”. :turianass:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Re dudes eating chilis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zhym9oUSGU&t=233s

Guy on the right is a guy really into weird peppers called Chili Klaus. Guy on the left is a kid's TV host. They're actually biting into a Carolina Reaper.

NB: There's subs on if you turn on the CC for those who dont speak danish

(the eating of the pepper is at around 4 mins)

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 03:05 on Jun 16, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Re dudes eating chilis:

Guy on the right is a guy really into weird peppers called Chili Klaus. Guy on the left is a kid's TV host. They're actually biting into a Carolina Reaper.

From a firsthand experience, it definitely feels like when you eat something super spicy that a high seems to come along with the pain.
One time I accidentally cured a hangover with a dried pepper someone told me was a cherry.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

From a firsthand experience, it definitely feels like when you eat something super spicy that a high seems to come along with the pain.
One time I accidentally cured a hangover with a dried pepper someone told me was a cherry.

I once saw a crusty old farmer do this to a customer at the farmer's market. Not sure if he was trying to cure the dude's hangover or just being an rear end in a top hat.

If that dude was you, you can jump pretty high

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Crow Jane posted:

I once saw a crusty old farmer do this to a customer at the farmer's market. Not sure if he was trying to cure the dude's hangover or just being an rear end in a top hat.

Peppers are the ultimate natural medicine.

I hope one day to be a extreme pepper head world Legend.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cobweb Heart posted:

Peppers are the ultimate natural medicine.

I hope one day to be a extreme pepper head world Legend.

wow ive never seen a twitter screenshot from an atari 800

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

abso loving lutely. hot peppers and beer so you're buzzing and it numbs the sharpness a little while still lighting all them dopamines and poo poo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

If that dude was you, you can jump pretty high

Not me, unfortunately.
My experience was provided by a good-natured Nepali friend (who has a heat tolerance unlike anything I've ever seen)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Dude aint have any teeth. What are Carolina "Reepers"? though? Whatever red stuff he ground down?

That is Russell Hawkins, oldest grandson of music legend Ronnie Hawkins, and he is 39 years old. The Carolina Reaper is a very, very hot pepper.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Re dudes eating chilis:

Here's Klaus eating another reaper. So hot it causes involuntary snapping.

https://youtu.be/9k-SBpElcWA

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Centripetal Horse posted:

That is Russell Hawkins, oldest grandson of music legend Ronnie Hawkins, and he is 39 years old. The Carolina Reaper is a very, very hot pepper.

Why does he look like a 60 year old who's had a bunch of strokes?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

cyberia posted:

Why does he look like a 60 year old who's had a bunch of strokes?

I would guess because he does poo poo like vapes carolina reapers, but that's just a hunch.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZQ9NYzbxno

Andrew WK posted:

The endorphin rush is unbelievable.

And the pepper's actually pretty hot, too.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Once at my office somebody brought in a bar of Instant Regret chilli chocolate (6.4m SHU) :

and of course all the guys in the office wanted to show how tough they were and tried a chunk. Quite a few of them had to go and lie down/puke afterwards. :kingsley:

(If you're ever offered some, start with about a quarter of a chunk, even you really like chilli.)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

Once at my office somebody brought in a bar of Instant Regret chilli chocolate (6.4m SHU) :

and of course all the guys in the office wanted to show how tough they were and tried a chunk. Quite a few of them had to go and lie down/puke afterwards. :kingsley:

(If you're ever offered some, start with about a quarter of a chunk, even you really like chilli.)

When I was a kid I would have done it since I ate things absurdly spicy, but as an adult I prefer to actually taste things that I'm eating so I tone it down.

OTOH, I am growing habaneros in my garden this year. The schadenfreude will be me when I brush up against one while picking a tomato and then rub my eyes twenty minutes later.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jesus. Why not just huff pepper spray and be done with it? Go all in.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I have Reapers in my garden this year because I am an idiot. I should have a video of my own freude in about 90 days.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TKIY posted:

I have Reapers in my garden this year because I am an idiot. I should have a video of my own freude in about 90 days.
YOUR TOMATOES ARE COMING IN GREAT THIS YEAR.
/

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

In high school, a friend and i ate some hot pepper on a dare that some kid's dad had grown in Alabama (i was a dumb kid). 45 minutes later, outside, a mosquito flew into my friend's eye and he instinctively swatted at it. He hadn't washed the pepper off his hands.
I felt like there was a blowtorch in my stomach and throat, and was considering death to be a favorable alternative. I can't imagine how his eye felt.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

In high school, a friend and i ate some hot pepper on a dare that some kid's dad had grown in Alabama (i was a dumb kid). 45 minutes later, outside, a mosquito flew into my friend's eye and he instinctively swatted at it. He hadn't washed the pepper off his hands.
I felt like there was a blowtorch in my stomach and throat, and was considering death to be a favorable alternative. I can't imagine how his eye felt.

I once rubbed my eye after eating soup with Daves insanity sauce in it. :downs: The feeling was.... not pleasant. I was seriously looking at the soup spoon as a good way to claw my eye out to stop the burning.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Dicing jalapenos and immediately holding my dick to take a piss is a mistake I've made exactly once.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
This is completely tmi, but here goes:

A few years ago my bf and I were messing around a bit while waiting for dinner to finish up. Dinner that night involved serranos and habaneros, and though he'd washed his hands after cutting them, I guess he didn't do it well enough, because after about two minutes of hand stuff it felt like my entire vaginal area was on fire, and not in a good way. I spent the rest of the night with an ice pack between my legs, and it took a couple days for things to feel normal again. Not recommended.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Getting a box of cheap disposable gloves for cutting hot peppers is a real good investment, folks.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Now I want to put habanero flavored condoms on amazon

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Dicing jalapenos and immediately holding my dick to take a piss is a mistake I've made exactly once.

Crow Jane posted:

Not recommended.

I was about to say y'all's worst fears are about the eyes but holy mackerel I'd hate to be out tending to the garden when my junk started to itch

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNS7zzIzX-E

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I was about to say y'all's worst fears are about the eyes but holy mackerel I'd hate to be out tending to the garden when my junk started to itch

Not gonna ask why you're masturbating over your habanero garden.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

zakharov posted:

Getting a box of cheap disposable gloves for cutting hot peppers is a real good investment, folks.

This. I make sure I have a 50ct box of something like 5 to 7mil nitrile* around the house for all kinds of things including pepper stuff. 10 bucks at Harbor Freight. I'm sure there's a ton on Amazon.

*if latex allergies are a concern

Don't store in drawers/cabinets near your stove or outside in a hot garage. Prolonged exposure to heat causes them to go brittle pretty quickly. Broom/Linen closet should be fine. There's tons of reasons to have them around. Car repairs, food prep, hair dying for all your goofy colors that need to be changed monthly. :v:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

CharlieWhiskey posted:

So were you making chili in the toilet or peeing in the kitchen sink?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I've somehow never had a problem with handling chilies with my bare hands and then hurting my dick and/or eyes with them :shrug:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Iron Crowned posted:

I've somehow never had a problem with handling chilies with my bare hands and then hurting my dick and/or eyes with them :shrug:

So you were trying to hurt your dick after cutting peppers?

You people in the kitchen must be loving confusing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Iron Crowned posted:

You're not doing it right.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

So you were trying to hurt your dick after cutting peppers?

You people in the kitchen must be loving confusing.

Nah, why would I want to do that?

I cook with jalapenos all the loving time, and I've never used gloves either.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

zakharov posted:

Peppers have nothing on frogs/toads.

Personal Schadenfreude story coming up:

I went to pick up my 5 year old from daycare a few weeks back and they were all freaking out about some toad they saw hiding in their playground. I thought they were playing around but they were right. I found him in a little drilled out hole and he was really cool looking. Pretty large and all white. I dug him out and showed the kids and told them not to be scared, it's just a frog. The thing jumped out of my grasp a few times and the group of kids screamed and ran and all that, then wanted to see it again. All good fun. It was hilarious.

About halfway home, I realized I must have rubbed my eyes or something at some point because I experienced this horrible burning, swelling, tears, stinging and redness in my eyes while driving home and, panicking, ran into a CVS to seek out a pharmacist. Turns out it was nothing but bacteria/frog juice/whatever they use for defense but for a while I was searching on my phone for "poisonous frogs and toads in Florida" and wondering if I was going to go blind.

Joke was on me. Trying to teach kids not to be scared of a harmless frog I managed to make my own son even more terrified of them. To this day, he keeps asking me to tell the story about "The Time That Frog 'Bit' You". I didn't even get "frog powers" and get to become a superhero.

I think any animal you encounter in Florida you should just assume it's evil and dangerous and leave it the gently caress alone. There's so much poo poo down here that fucks you up: jellyfish, spiders, (fire) ants, snakes, crabs, sharks...and apparently loving frogs...that's not even counting the serial killers and poo poo.

drat. That was longer than I meant to make that story.

TL/DR: Don't touch frogs in Florida.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Florida seems like Australia in that it seems to be a bad idea to interact with any local wildlife.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SpacePig posted:

Florida seems like Australia in that it seems to be a bad idea to interact with any local wildlife be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world