Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Judges in the Malheur case have dropped a conspiracy charge, which was one of the real legal stretches from prosecution. This ultimately shouldn't make too much of a difference, given the long list of other asserted charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/1nCV4PzZU-M

Just posted to a I Support Lavoy FB page.

Reminds me of this
https://youtube.com/watch?v=kednB29mfoQ

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
The speaker at my university's commencement ceremony yesterday mentioned these guys. She's the Secretary of the Interior, and she was talking about how she used to want to be a biologist or whatever, and the crazy turns that life will take you, and she said something like "I never expected to be dealing with the armed take-over of an Oregon wildlife refuge."

I let out a "hah!" while everyone around me remained dead-silent, which adequately sums up my college career.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

The Ape of Naples posted:

This sound like something that would be in Scarfolk.

http://scarfolk.blogspot.com

Don't Do What Donny Don't Does

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

The speaker at my university's commencement ceremony yesterday mentioned these guys. She's the Secretary of the Interior, and she was talking about how she used to want to be a biologist or whatever, and the crazy turns that life will take you, and she said something like "I never expected to be dealing with the armed take-over of an Oregon wildlife refuge."

I let out a "hah!" while everyone around me remained dead-silent, which adequately sums up my college career.

And now they all think you're a sovcit.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Yup, way to create joinder bro

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

cumshitter posted:

He got pissed because he was told he had to do something he was going to do anyway. He wasn't even told to do it, it was on his receipt and he threw a fit over that despite it being common practice in every restaurant.

It's no different from throwing a fit over those signs that tell you to pay your parking ticket at one of the booths when you can do it at the exit. He intended to pay, it just didn't happen on his terms and for some reason he felt that he had to make it everyone's problem, when there was no problem to begin with.

I found actual footage of Gavin paying his bill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZ56mHlKB0&t=14s

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I AM AN ENTITLED SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE AND YOU ARE ALL BENEATH ME!

That's all I read through the whole thing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

I AM AN ENTITLED SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE AND YOU ARE ALL BENEATH ME!

That's all I read through the whole thing

Whenever they do a study to see how people react to built-in gratuities everyone's always fine with it except impotent middle-aged white men who get off on the tiny semblance of power it gives them over other people :v:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

One guy has pled guilty, the feds are recommending a 6 month home detention (the gently caress?): http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/06/oregon_standoff_defendant_geof.html

Another has decided against pleading, switched his lawyers: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/06/oregon_standoff_defendant_darr.html

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

One guy has pled guilty, the feds are recommending a 6 month home detention (the gently caress?): http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/06/oregon_standoff_defendant_geof.html

That guy is the smallest of the small fish. Feds don't care about him. And besides

quote:

As part of the plea agreement, Stanek must abandon any of his guns seized by the FBI, pay an undetermined amount of restitution and waive his right to appeal his sentence, unless the judge exceeds the sentencing guidelines for the charge. Because Stanek is now convicted of a felony, he won't be allowed to possess any weapons or vote, the judge told him.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How many of these guys will end up back in custody in a couple years on charges of illegally possessing a weapon?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Entropic posted:

How many of these guys will end up back in custody in a couple years on charges of illegally possessing a weapon?

100% of the ones who don't leave prison in a coffin.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I do love the idea that because of their violent paranoid idiocy about the government coming to take their guns, the government has come and taken their guns.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

Another has decided against pleading, switched his lawyers: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/06/oregon_standoff_defendant_darr.html

I assume he'll be on probation after that? It seems like a reasonable sentence for someone that just showed up and didn't organize or steal anything.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Geoj posted:

100% of the ones who don't leave prison in a coffin.

Some of the lesser morons might remain mostly harmless without anyone to lead them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

I assume he'll be on probation after that? It seems like a reasonable sentence for someone that just showed up and didn't organize or steal anything.

"Go home and think about what you've done. And you're grounded from having any more guns."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Lone Badger posted:

"Go home and think about what you've done. And you're grounded from having any more guns."

That sounds about right for some of these idiots.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

prefect posted:

That sounds about right for some of these idiots.

Yeah for the majority of them I kinda don't want them to spend much time in prison since, for example, that's how Weev's neo-nazism crystalized. I just want their guns taken forever and for them to be treated like common street thugs and maybe an assload of community service.

Bonus points if the community service is filling in the poo poo trenches they dug by hand with a tiny shovel.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Genuinely I think the only one who deserves a lot of time is Ammon because he seems to be the head prick using a bunch of really pathetic people to play out his fantasy of being just like daddy. Well and daddy of course

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Al! posted:

Genuinely I think the only one who deserves a lot of time is Ammon because he seems to be the head prick using a bunch of really pathetic people to play out his fantasy of being just like daddy. Well and daddy of course

And Pete "I'm just a reporter" Santilli

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I feel the worst for the brother with the hosed up face that they left out in the cold

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Al! posted:

I feel the worst for the brother with the hosed up face that they left out in the cold
He's just as much of a douchebag as Ammon, just less charismatic. He lead cops on a high speed chase, then spouted a bunch of sovcit garbage in his defense, and that was years before it became fashionable.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The 6 months are just for the one charge he's just pled to.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Aren't plea-deals usually pretty comprehensive... I'll plead guilty to this charge, you drop the others.

Otherwise, why bother pleading guilty at all?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
As a reminder.

I suppose Ryan Bundy is hosed.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Gavin Seims is going further off the deepend the longer he spends travelling around being ignored

'The US Government is funding ISIS'

Jail is cruel and unusual punishment because you're 'disconnected' from your family.

Apparently they're actually prisoners of war because...umm (wouldn't that mean they had commited war against the US, which means as US Citizens they could be charged with treason?)

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
I'd be ok with the Bundys being sent to Gitmo as enemy combatants.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

deep space nein posted:

http://www.theonion.com/video/judge-rules-white-girl-will-be-tried-as-black-adul-18896

but with white antigovernment militia nutters tried as muslim antigovernment nutters instead.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

deep space nein posted:

If nothing else, sending precious white hicks, ones who are actual (if incompetent) anti-government agents, there might get people talking about shutting it down.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Anos posted:

I suppose Ryan Bundy is hosed.

=/

Rick_Hunter has issued a correction as of 19:26 on Jun 17, 2016

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

:lol:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Ahahhahahaaaaaa

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
I don't feel good about laughing at that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Let me show you my U face

:U

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I didn't get it, but then I got it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Krinkle posted:

I didn't get it, but then I got it.

I still don't.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

xthetenth posted:

I still don't.

Same. I doubt the joke's humor will survive explanation any better than a cross drawing ol' white weirdo tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

xthetenth posted:

I still don't.

I was about to go "me neither" and then I got it right as I hit the quote button.

Hint: think about Ryan Bundy's face