Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

xanadu is better animated than anything that has ever been in a western fighting game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWeJ9p42ufg

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Endorph posted:

xanadu is better animated than anything that has ever been in a western fighting game

nobody but hardcore mexicans will even think about buying this game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

nobody but hardcore mexicans will even think about buying this game
im a hardcoore mexican then

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

Me as well hombre

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Endorph posted:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wx7TKxxJM0

e:

"Zayn Malik: Musician Says Met Gala Attire Was Inspired by 'Mortal Kombat' Fighter Jax
Malik told Dazed and Confused Magazine that Donatella Versace asked him to design a costume and the video game character inspired him. Malik wore a suit with metal covers on his arms."

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 16, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I can definitely see why people criticize Injustice for not "feeling like you are controlling Superheroes." In the trailer the characters are always grounded and outside of the supers there aren't many moves that scream "Superhero!"

Why the gently caress do developers think just because the use 3D models now specials have to use abrupt cinematic camera angle switches? It's so distracting and dumb.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Endorph posted:

we all are, carnal

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

El king of fighters catorce

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I forget, are any of you guys Ontario? I'm gonna head into Toronto for *baby's first tournament* next month to play some Xrd, hoping there's some other bads there so I don't go 0-2. The event description is all a bunch of jargon about SF rankings, but they're running Xrd too. It's only 10 + 10 for each game entry so that's in my budget.

https://smash.gg/tournament/fight-for-the-6ix-2nd-impact

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pomp posted:

Xanadu rules

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

attackmole posted:

I forget, are any of you guys Ontario? I'm gonna head into Toronto for *baby's first tournament* next month to play some Xrd, hoping there's some other bads there so I don't go 0-2. The event description is all a bunch of jargon about SF rankings, but they're running Xrd too. It's only 10 + 10 for each game entry so that's in my budget.

https://smash.gg/tournament/fight-for-the-6ix-2nd-impact

I am in Ontario but Toronto is a hell of a long ways away for me. But don't worry about scrubbing it up at your first tourney just go and enjoy, more than likely you will meet plenty of chill people :)

*ed*

Also yes, Xanadu rules.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Xanadu is amazing. :allears:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

bhsman posted:

I honestly don't mean to use it as much as I do. :( It's often the only response my tired brain can muster to some of the petty bullshit that pops up here over pretty innocuous posts.

maybe the reason you suck so much is because you take simple questions as other people "flying off the handle"

my question about what makes you feel qualified to speak for everyone given your posting history is relatively level-headed compared to you actually believing you can speak for any segment of the community at all with blanket statements, especially ones as ridiculous as a consensus on ST being the best SF game. its awesome that you seem to have no idea how smug you come off most of the time (I absolutely know how smug I sound btw)

And my question still stands. Why are you posting here and why did you wander out of the SFV containment thread?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

maybe the reason you suck so much is because you take simple questions as other people "flying off the handle"

And my question still stands. Why are you posting here and why did you wander out of the SFV containment thread?

Sheesh, I wonder why.

gently caress, it's stupid punch games, you can call me out too for daring to say basically the same thing. I mean you could've answered that question if you think it's wrong.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vesperarcade said today that playing with a legacy controller on ps4 lowers the input lag in sfv down to pc with vsync turned off. how the gently caress? sfv is so hosed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Vesperarcade said today that playing with a legacy controller on ps4 lowers the input lag in sfv down to pc with vsync turned off. how the gently caress? sfv is so hosed.

I'd heard something about that before, but the consensus was "by one frame", not "down no PC no vsync".

How does that happen, seriously.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Txn posted:

Xanadu is amazing. :allears:

I too look forward to Bath Salts Mr. Big

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game

Best Fighting Game of All Time or Greatest Fighting Game of All Time?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dias posted:

I'd heard something about that before, but the consensus was "by one frame", not "down no PC no vsync".

How does that happen, seriously.

imagine 4000 evo participants syncing and desyncing ds4s to get that sweet advantage

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

imagine 4000 evo participants syncing and desyncing ds4s to get that sweet advantage

I believe the legacy controller feature is banned at Evo for exactly this reason.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is KoF14 getting a PC release

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The tourney that I mentioned earlier on this page is already saying "no legacy controllers," wonder if that's gonna turn into a thing.

Countblanc posted:

in 2018, maybe.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Countblanc posted:

probably, snk makes their money on steam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it'll happen but don't get hopes up for soon i'd say

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

probably, snk makes their money on steam

I give them money

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zand posted:

my question about what makes you feel qualified to speak for everyone given your posting history is relatively level-headed compared to you actually believing you can speak for any segment of the community at all with blanket statements, especially ones as ridiculous as a consensus on ST being the best SF game. its awesome that you seem to have no idea how smug you come off most of the time (I absolutely know how smug I sound btw)

Last post on this.

Zand, if you're honestly taking offense me saying that most people seem to consider ST the best, then you really need to chill out, especially when that is an observation based on posts such as yours. Stop projecting your frustration and anger over Capcom and SFV on me just because I like the game. I think you're a decent dude but you honestly need to get over it.

If you want, hit me up on the Discord and we can talk about it or PM me.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
:v: :shrug: :shrug: :v:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
:mamacita:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if i had to choose between Zand and a SFV fan posting in this thread, id choose the SFV fan. quote this post if u agree

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Endorph posted:

if i had to choose between Zand and a SFV fan posting in this thread, id choose the SFV fan. quote this post if u agree

same, unironically.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Endorph posted:

I think bhsman is ignorant but well meaning. Zand is just very rude

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

IMO it's unfair that goons are singling out one innocuous poster rather than the goon who beats his son or whatever.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I'm not bad once you get to know me. :shobon:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

mycot posted:

IMO it's unfair that goons are singling out one innocuous poster rather than the goon who beats his son or whatever.

bhsman beats his son? ok I take it back, I will choose zand then

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Gammatron 64 posted:

bhsman beats his son? ok I take it back, I will choose zand then

I was remembering just some E/N thread where the OP also posted in Games regularly, because everyone posts in Games for some reason. Sorry if I worded that confusingly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i want to murder the shrugging guy emoticon