Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
I don't know anyone who likes joe hart. Even city fans don't stick up for him. Absolute twat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Don't sign your posts

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

excuse me lady posted:

I don't know anyone who likes joe hart. Even city fans don't stick up for him. Absolute twat

he's really really good in the champions league, it makes no sense why it doesnt translate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
put lurch on

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

poty posted:

I'm Vardy's #1 fan but Rooney should keep playing from the start he's basically the only good midfielder England has. I'd rather replace literally anyone else

Yeah Alli, who is definately not a natural or very good CAM, shouldn't play there.

Kane looks bad, why not put Rooney and Vardy together as forwards and play Alli centrally? I'm getting dangerously close to the code tag zone here but ffs it can't be worse than the first game and the first half of this one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

We’d thought a lot about what the starting 11 should be, but I didn’t want to start breaking eggs with a big stick.

drat I like badass Woy

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Eau de MacGowan posted:

he's really really good in the champions league, it makes no sense why it doesnt translate

No he isn't good anywhere.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I'd like to see Sturridge start ahead of Kane bit Vardy still coming off the bench.

Lallana has been pretty good so far even if he can only play for an hour before fading.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'd like to see Sturridge start ahead of Kane bit Vardy still coming off the bench.

Lallana has been pretty good so far even if he can only play for an hour before fading.

I would prefer Sturridge to be rested and not risk injury as football is coming home regardless of whether Sturridge starts or not.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
I used to be a big Joe Hart fan but now I call him Blow Fart and I'm excited for whichever foreign keeper Pep brings in to make lots of short passes on the ground to the new defenders.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Could it be going home?!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Kane is a real confidence player though, I don't know how you rebuild his confidence after the last two performances particularly as he almost certainly has to be dropped now.

Every player is a confidence player, some are just poo poo for longer stretches than others.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

KFBR392 posted:

Kane looks bad, why not put Rooney and Vardy together as forwards and play Alli centrally?

Because Rooney is bad, especially when playing as a forward.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Wouldve been good to have an option like Carroll in there.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Just watched the Sturridge goal again and it sends shivers down my spine, tingles through my toes and butterflies through my belly. No other nation can produce that effect, the world looks at England and us fans in pure, undeniable envy. It's coming home.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

blue footed boobie posted:

Because Rooney is bad, especially when playing as a forward.

Not disagreeing but apparently the guy has to start or something

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
it's coming home

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I still believe

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I still believe.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I still believe

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's coming home

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
football's coming home

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Seems a bit reactionary to drop Kane, a lethal finisher who can create something out of nothing, after 1 poor game and a half where all 22 players played like turd.

A bigger concern should be that Dele Alli is playing terribly and is a red card waiting to happen

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Kane hasn't been great but I feel like he's mostly carrying the blame for Rooney & Alli giving him absolutely nothing to work with. It's all just passes into his feet or passes to the fullbacks. Sturridge had an impact because he was dropping into midfield to go and get the ball and make something happen.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Shut up

It's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM

Coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzxMjBEazas

Home

(Crowds singing It's Coming Home still give me goosebumps)

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

i enjoyed the wales fans singing you're going home when they were winning and lol look what happened

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

i enjoyed the wales fans singing you're going home when they were winning and lol look what happened

They embarrassed themselves.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Its

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Coming

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Home

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Monday Bandele posted:

Seems a bit reactionary to drop Kane, a lethal finisher who can create something out of nothing, after 1 poor game and a half where all 22 players played like turd.

A bigger concern should be that Dele Alli is playing terribly and is a red card waiting to happen

Maybe, buy it's absolutely fair and right to do so given the number of in-form strikers we have.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Insanely Sikh posted:

Maybe, buy it's absolutely fair and right to do so given the number of in-form strikers we have.

Rashford looked pretty dangerous when he came on as well, so yeah, when you've got Vardy on that form and Sturridge eager to prove a point, with Rashford as a third choice after those two, it's crazy to persist with Kane when he's been completely ineffectual in each match.

In all the lol England are poo poo chat, the outfield players have played well imo, and eyes should be on Hart. Out of position against Russia and should have kept Bale's free kick out.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Ninpo posted:

Rashford looked pretty dangerous when he came on as well, so yeah, when you've got Vardy on that form and Sturridge eager to prove a point, with Rashford as a third choice after those two, it's crazy to persist with Kane when he's been completely ineffectual in each match.

In all the lol England are poo poo chat, the outfield players have played well imo, and eyes should be on Hart. Out of position against Russia and should have kept Bale's free kick out.

I quite like Rashford and you're right, he made some incisive runs but I thought it was a bad move bringing him on. Lallana was playing very well and the game needed someone with a bit of skill to unpick the defence, as Wales were so drat deep.

The game was so top heavy with 3 strikers and I think that's fine when you're Barca or whatever because you have midfielders who can make incisive passes but instead we kept seeing Sturridge dropping deep and taking poo poo shots. Vindicated because Sturridge dropping deep worked out with the 2nd goal but whatever, can't moan at a win.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lallana fades too much by the end of the game for that

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I feel Lallana was taken off as he had done a shift and the game needed some fresh legs and Rashford didn't look out of place and continues to look a shining talent who's just going to get better and better if he keeps his head screwed on and he seems to be level headed so far.

I felt England got very hit and hope at times in the second half alot of lazy balls towards vardy when there was no space to exploit as Wales were camped on the edge of their area.

Movement aswell wasn't there number of times England were just passing it side to side in defence because no one was moving and wales were pressing quite well.

But England won and I'll give Roy his due he made some very attacking subs and it paid off. If anything maybe Bales goal was a blessing in disguise as if it had been 0-0 he probably would have stuck with Sterling for part of the second half. Sterling is talented but he's just been awful so far and I would be surprised if he sees another minute on the pitch after these two games.

Overall I feel England are playing ok Lallana has looked dangerous and if only he could shoot. Rooney as a midfielder is actually working I know its always fun to rag on him but these past two games have been some of his best tournament England games for years. Defence is still a massive issues even at the end of the Wales game it was a massive flag when Bale got that free header at the death. You watch it unfold and there's a bunch of people just stood in no mans land totally out of the game at that moment lucky it wasn't punished.

is it coming home? No chance. England alot more fun to watch in this competition than probably the past 3/4 they've been involved in.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Hilarious how different Sterling's career is going to be after this tournament.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Monday Bandele posted:

How have they played like turd? England have been exciting and have good chemistry, clearly, and it's coming home. Get out of here with this negative nancy crap1

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Kane and Alli caught the Tottenham disease from the ending of the season, I think it's terminal

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Might be a repost but I'm not going to read 40 pages of "it's coming home"

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/BringRaheemHome?utm_id=106&utm_term=bJQa6rdeJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Simone Poodoin posted:

Might be a repost but I'm not going to read 40 pages of "it's coming home"

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/BringRaheemHome?utm_id=106&utm_term=bJQa6rdeJ

its coming home

• Locked thread