Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I read somewhere that someone swapped a cadillac northstar into an amigo or a rodeo, or maybe it was the oldsmobile version of the engine. I always dreamed of getting a ford 5.0 and transmission in it, but then the dream turned to getting her back on the road in any capacity, and then that dream faded and was replaced with bitter pain and disappointment. That was five years ago, and it hasn't gotten any better. All I wanted to do when I looked at it was hit it with a sledge hammer.

Believe me, I've shed plenty of tears for this thing. I've paid for her at least ten times over by now, but the nickle-and-diming never ended. I just couldn't take it any more. If anyone lives in Western North Carolina I can tell you what scrap yard it's in. I love this car (still do, honestly), but I hate it with every fiber of my being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I know the feeling, I felt similar about my old '82 Ford Fairmont beater that I drove for a couple years in the early 2000s. Comfy bench seats, lots of room to haul people and stuff around, but had way too many problems for a $400 POS. I think the first day I drove it from home from the person I bought it from, it died about halfway back because of the battery. It ran alright but needed a LOT of care to get it back to its glory, by the time I got rid of it I'd replaced like half the mechanical problems but the engine was still lovely and either needed a full overhaul or replacement. I was sad from the standpoint of not having a massive land yacht style car any more, but glad I didn't have to worry about random breakdowns with the newer car I got.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 18, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What goes down stairs, alone or in pairs, and even goes off road?
A thing, a thing, a marvelous thing, everyone knows it's Amigo.
Amigo, Amigo! For sun and love and joy!
Amigo, Amigo! It's fun for a girl and a boy.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Excuse me sir, several of those are in the wrong thread :colbert:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

most definitely in the wrong thread, I'd drive that every day just to gently caress with people.

The Pooooooooooontiac is pretty alright too.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
That Isuzu thing looks very Vauxhall Frontera to me which would confirm its gigantic shitbox status.

Oh hey it is

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This makes me super sad. My first real vehicle was an 88 Isuzu P'up with the factory "offroad" package. 3" lift on 33's, 5 speed, 2.6L 4 pot. Bought with an idle issue as well. Barely knew how to drive a 5 speed let alone diagnose issues. Spent about 2k throwing parts at it from the advice of shade tree mechanics until randomly it was discovered that the crank pulley had been pulled at some point and never torqued down properly. The keyhole had wobbled itself open to the tune of nearly an inch in diameter so every time you fired it up who the gently caress knew what the timing was like. One afternoon and a new crank pulley later it was running the best the truck had ever run in years. Many teenager shenanigans were had. Forest parties, dragging friends' vehicles out of bad decisions, paintball outings, earning money doing ghetto snow plow work with 2x4's strapped to the bumper, through college, awkward sex on an import truck bench seat, I even one time accidentally put it through the front glass wall of a Game Stop, etc. I put 100k of hard as gently caress miles on that 'suzu that already had 150k. Got distracted by a new car purchase and let it sit. Sold it for a song to a friend of a friend because my apartment complex was pissing up a storm that I let it sit.14 years later it is the one thing I regret doing the most and that's saying something as I've had girlfriends that have tried running me down, stabbed me and threw boiling water on me. I miss that loving truck.

Imagine this but champagne paint.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 16, 2016

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Oh look, it's a preview of the 2024 F150 crew cab supreme.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

SlapActionJackson posted:

Oh look, it's a preview of the 2024 F150 crew cab supreme.

When are they going to start offering sleeper cabs on pickup trucks anyway?

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

When are they going to start offering sleeper cabs on pickup trucks anyway?

When they start driving themselves

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CharlesM posted:

What goes down stairs, alone or in pairs, and even goes off road?
A thing, a thing, a marvelous thing, everyone knows it's Amigo.
Amigo, Amigo! For sun and love and joy!
Amigo, Amigo! It's fun for a girl and a boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRnT-TklALk

gently caress man, that guys truck looked so rad, I would've totally bottom barrel engine swap it and took it out to the desert to play.

I completely understand why you got rid of it, it's just terrible because it looks like it didn't have any superficial damage which is rare on a car old enough to buy its own booze.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Every time the American utes come up I'm reminded that the gmc Caballero was a thing.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

This thing was in a parking lot near me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
That doesn't nearly go far enough over the top.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
Aside from that hood ornament, it's pretty rad. Like a Hot Wheels made real.

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Wrong thread

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Thought you were a dummy posting a massive table-breaking image until I realized it was just a huge vertical and the joke was in front of me all along.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

davebo posted:

Thought you were a dummy posting a massive table-breaking image until I realized it was just a huge vertical and the joke was in front of me all along.

Phew, I wasn't the only one. I was furiously swiping my mouse wheel to the right.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
The shift cable on our Trailblazer came unhooked earlier today. While I was on the boat ramp, trying to pull the trailer out of the water. When it came unhooked, the transmission was stuck in neutral. Fortunately the emergency brake worked well enough to keep the truck out of the water until I could block the tires. Also, I had to pull off the drivers side running board to get enough room to reconnect the cable. That was not a pleasant repair.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

n0tqu1tesane posted:

The shift cable on our Trailblazer came unhooked earlier today. While I was on the boat ramp, trying to pull the trailer out of the water. When it came unhooked, the transmission was stuck in neutral. Fortunately the emergency brake worked well enough to keep the truck out of the water until I could block the tires. Also, I had to pull off the drivers side running board to get enough room to reconnect the cable. That was not a pleasant repair.

Having to change cables on anything that was designed LHD and sold as RHD is an utter ball ache. Trying to thread clutch cables through on a Peugeot 106 RHD model comes to mind as it still uses the LHD hole in the firewall but needs to be fed around in an S shape from the RHD clutch pedal.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm a fan of lhd master cylinders activated by a hokey collection of levers from the rhd pedals.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

I'm a fan of lhd master cylinders activated by a hokey collection of levers from the rhd pedals.
The best ones allow the passenger to gently caress with you by randomly applying the brake.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

This is what Bon Jovi arrived to his prom in.

That reminds me. I saw one of those decked out, fancy minivans and the license plate was "Bon Jovi". Seemed pretty appropriate.

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 18, 2016

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Been trying to find a pic of this car for years, I always see it around town.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
But it looks so happy to be there!!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Crustashio posted:

Been trying to find a pic of this car for years, I always see it around town.

You poor Supra, what have they done to you?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Is this why Toyota won't give us another Supra?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Hell even a dumb hybrid one would be fine. The Toybaru is selling ok so they haven't been burned by that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Isn't there a BMW-related Supra in the pipeline? With a distinct possibilty of it having a straight six (the one true powerplant) and a turbo?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Aren't most BMWs I4 turbos now? :(

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

fyodor posted:

Aren't most BMWs I4 turbos now? :(

Well the Smaller M cars are twin turbo I6, but they still make V8s and V12s. The x35i still inline 6 though, as it should be.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I mean, I love I4 turbos too, but I love an NA I6 in a BMW.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

fyodor posted:

Is this why Toyota won't give us another Supra?

Yep, we don't deserve another.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

fyodor posted:

I mean, I love I4 turbos too, but I love an NA I6 in a BMW.

Sadly the last NA I6 has been retired.
The latest car it could be found in was the F10/11 530i, it made 270hp, 240 ft-lbs.

And only outside of North America.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I shouldn't like this as much as I do.

quote:

If I was a junkyard owner, this is the kind of backyard fort I would build for my kids.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I kind of like that dash and wheel and I don't care who knows it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The dash itself is okay. If she used something removable like Silicone then :shrug:

Everything else is terrible, though. Including it being an iA