Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Decided to make an ironman to chill and have fun with, but couldn't decide on a name so i looked to the only place for reasonable names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Macha posted:

Is this game worth the monthly? Right now I think Id just mostly pay monthly so I can access the drat citadel for training and making sweet sweet gold for poopsocking my skills.

There is a 3 for 2 months summer deal right now which is better than single month payments.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Macha posted:

Is this game worth the monthly? Right now I think Id just mostly pay monthly so I can access the drat citadel for training and making sweet sweet gold for poopsocking my skills.

f2p is basically the trial version of the game. You'll hate the game and yourself if you aren't a member. I mean, you'll still hate the game and yourself it'll just be less than if you were f2p.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Swicky posted:

Decided to make an ironman to chill and have fun with, but couldn't decide on a name so i looked to the only place for reasonable names.

:dogbutton:

Amazing.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Scumbags denying me what i'm entitled to

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Swicky posted:

Just remember, though you may find creeping people out to be funny, that still means at least someone is feeling creeped out. Consider how you would feel about being creeped out, and if you really want to inflict that on other people. (The answer is probably yes, the ability to laugh at people trumps such small things as politeness and consideration for how others feel).

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Where do you go that people actually talk?

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Runescape

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Dog Filler? I hardly know her!

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Swicky posted:

gold

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ARE YOU NERDS READY FOR RUNESCAPE: IDLE ADVENTURES BECAUSE I'M TINGLING WITH ANTICIPATION

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm back and gayer than ever

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 2, 2017

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

ARE YOU NERDS READY FOR RUNESCAPE: IDLE ADVENTURES BECAUSE I'M TINGLING WITH ANTICIPATION

Cheat engine>>>select process>>>Runescape idle adventures>>>enable speed hack for 500 times normal speed, Yup I'm ready.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
are you imnplying that people play those games without cheat engine because i don't believe you

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

are you imnplying that people play those games without cheat engine because i don't believe you

I certainly hope no one who plays an idle game doesn't use cheat engine. I can't honestly imagine playing an idle game without it honestly. Like, it saves you so much time and you don;t end up throwing days/weeks of your life into it (I'm looking at your clicker heros).

That said I fully imagine here is going to be a pretty large segment of pubies who have never played an idle game that wont use cheat engine.

Oh also I'm not expecting much from it because the company developing it for jagex has had adventure capitalist (they're main game) rendered un-completable for the past several months and have constantly said that fixing the problem (so it doesnt take you literally 3+ years without spending 50+ dollars) was not a priority.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
the proper way to play an idle game is at most 20 minutes every week when you are incredibly bored or pooping

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
The proper way to play is to uninstall

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Gowerquest is out and it's good!?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New quest is actually amusing and good. Colour me surprised.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Ibblebibble posted:

New quest is actually amusing and good. Colour me surprised.

gower quest takes number 1 quest for me and iv done most of them 376qp its great and you should all do it :getin:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Liquidated all my members bank poo poo and gave away quite a bit of cash to random pubbies in the GE yesterday. Pay it forward, goonscape. I'll be back in a few months once the baby's born and I get some time to sit with her (hopefully) sleeping on/around me.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
We really need rations and logs to be finished in the citadel within the next 7 hours to make sure we meet upkeep

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

fishmech posted:

We really need rations and logs to be finished in the citadel within the next 7 hours to make sure we meet upkeep

All done now

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Do we get anything for capping out in the citadel or is it just for our own benefit?

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Daric posted:

Do we get anything for capping out in the citadel or is it just for our own benefit?

Technically I'm supposed to pay upkeep (and do when I remember/people ask) but that was with the old system where only 4 or 5 people had avatar access, now with everyone having access to it and it's benefits the upkeep system has just sort of been done away with.

I'm not opposed to paying for it, and when I took over as clan leader I opened the discussion about what should be done with it as well as playing around with a few different payment options but ultimately we couldn't really come up with a sustainable system that worked overall.

Really I don't think meeting upkeep (except for last weeks cycle with rations being close to not filled) has been an issue lately since there are so many goons coming in and out of the citadel for the avatars but if anyone can suggest some sort of compensation (or if anyone wants to go back to the old system) I'd be open to re-opening that discussion again!

(really though if you do cap at the citadel and want some gp just catch me in game or post here I play weird hours in game but I'm usually on at least daily when I can be)

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Oh I don't need anything, I'm really new and probably wouldn't have a use for a bunch of money anyway.

I don't understand how the avatar works though. It costs like 300 angogic orts right? And when I was in the citadel I got a message saying I could go to the guy in the keep and get a bonus but when I went to him I got a message saying I couldn't get the bonus because I wasn't high enough level or plots were dilapidated or something of the sort.

I have no idea what I'm doing

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Daric posted:

Oh I don't need anything, I'm really new and probably wouldn't have a use for a bunch of money anyway.

I don't understand how the avatar works though. It costs like 300 angogic orts right? And when I was in the citadel I got a message saying I could go to the guy in the keep and get a bonus but when I went to him I got a message saying I couldn't get the bonus because I wasn't high enough level or plots were dilapidated or something of the sort.

I have no idea what I'm doing

You need to collect like 1400 "resources" out of your cap of 2700 to be able to get the bonus xp in one of the citadel skills. Also, after you've met that bar for multiple weeks in a row, you can use the clan cape to get a medium xp lamp's worth of xp in any skill each week in the citadel.

You also get 45% more xp per skill action at the citadel plots once you've met the minimum resources to get the bonus xp for 3 weeks in a row, and it stays for as long as you don't miss any weeks.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Banging my head against the last fight of "The Death of Chivalry." Every time she spawns the first group of skeletons I just get my rear end handed to me. Is there some weird trick to wrestling the dog poo poo combat of this game?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Tyshalob posted:

Banging my head against the last fight of "The Death of Chivalry." Every time she spawns the first group of skeletons I just get my rear end handed to me. Is there some weird trick to wrestling the dog poo poo combat of this game?

You can use the graves to safespot them and only fight 1-2 at a time. Also she'll spawn skeletons from all three parts of the combat triangle. And avoud her purple bombs.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Spergminer posted:

You can use the graves to safespot them and only fight 1-2 at a time. Also she'll spawn skeletons from all three parts of the combat triangle. And avoud her purple bombs.

I still get my rear end destroyed fighting them 1v1. I think I'm just going to not do this quest.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Tyshalob posted:

I still get my rear end destroyed fighting them 1v1. I think I'm just going to not do this quest.

Save it for later, it was an early, weird experiment in scalable enemies. If you're maxed you meet a weak boss with a ton of HP, no base damage and bombs that hits rapid 990's. If you're really low level you meet a wet newspaper. It sounds like everything inbetween is an unbalanced mess.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The alternate answer is play Old School

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
friends dont let friends play OSRS

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

friends dont let friends play OSRS

Step 1: Log into any OSRS world.
Step 2: Walk to the GE.
Step 3: Type something to the effect that Rs3 is a great game.
Step 4: Watch as every Pubie in a 50 block radius comes to try and defend OSRS as being superior to Rs3 in every way.
Step 5: Have vial handy to collect Pubie tears.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone still do Dungeoneering a lot? I need to do a crap ton of them and it kinda sucks alone and I also have no idea what Im doing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pizza Lady was our DG god, I do it occasionally but I like to solo it so I can do things at my own pace. I'm happy to group up with you if you're on though. IGN is Pasta Boy.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

allta posted:

Step 1: Log into any OSRS world.
Step 2: Walk to the GE.
Step 3: Type something to the effect that Rs3 is a great game.
Step 4: Watch as every Pubie in a 50 block radius comes to try and defend OSRS as being superior to Rs3 in every way.
Step 5: Have vial handy to collect Pubie tears.

ah yes, the taiwan numbah one strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0vUlljX0I&hd=1&t=132s

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Protip: If you want to switch which google account your account is associated with, make sure to get the prompt to add a password before you gently caress around with it. I was trying to switch over, got a bit mixed up, and now my account is floating in the ether with no login tied to it. Hopefully Jagex can unfuck my poo poo.

e:The idle game they're making is sort of neat I guess. Seems most like Trimps so far. Not sure if Jagex gets the irony of making a game where you set a task to complete and go do something else while it's done for you since that's what RS was with bots.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Behind the Scenes July 2016
Port Sarim Invasion
This is an attack that's been building since May's Meg Cases, when you uncovered a plot to pilfer people and take them to the Eastern Lands.
On the 15th of July, these kidnappers will steal a ship off the coast of Port Sarim and send volleys of cannonballs into the town. No pirate, monk or seagull will be safe!

A ship fires its cannons!
Defend the town in an event similar to Invasion of Falador. Fire, fight and fortify to be rewarded with XP plus swathes of cosmetic rewards, like this oar override.

Port Sarim Oar Override
The two-week event will be free-to-play and without any level requirements, so there's every reason to get your whiskers wet. As you've probably noted from these lovely shots, the Invasion brings a graphical rework of Port Sarim. Getting a boat to Entrana has never been so sexy.

Gather a Crew | Miniquest
All of this is leading up to an epic voyage east, and there's no way to do that without a good crew. Pull together a rag-tag band to accompany you on your journey, and earn a unique emote while you're at it.
Build a Ship | Community Event
Next up, it's time to build a ship to the Eastern Lands, and take the fight to the kidnappers. This is a community event in the same vein as The Lost Sword of Raddallin and the God Wars Encampment.
Gain XP in different skills and boost them with golden tools that you gain from Treasure Hunter.
Note that participation in the Build a Ship event is not a requirement for travelling to the Arc

:siren: :siren: Explore the Arc Region :siren: :siren:
Now, the way is clear. It's time to go to the Eastern Lands, and I have the pleasure of announcing that it is coming on the 25th of July.
What excites me most about the Eastern Lands is that this was an update decided by you. You came up with the idea on Runelabs, you voted for it in a Player Power Poll, and you contributed hundreds of ideas. Now, YOU get to explore your creation.
And that's the focus of the Arc region: exploration. Explore billions of possible uncharted islands and find one for you. See what treasure chests, skilling resources or combat encounters are on that island and make a decision: do you want to keep this island forever?
If you do, you can stick a flag in it and its yours. If you don't, then you can move on to the next one.
You will also get to explore three larger islands - not random, but stuffed with things to do.
Waiko is the trade hub and offers some brand new skilling locations. Whale's Maw is a new Hunter and Fishing training area, while Aminishi is a grand temple dedicated to spirit dragons: a slayer monster with a shady secret.
You'll also get four miniquests that will bring an end to the kidnappers that started this all.
Any RuneScape member can make the journey to the Eastern Lands, so make sure you pay a visit.
Chartering a ship to the Uncharted Isles requires resources, however, and to get resources, you will need level 90 in Fishing, Hunter, Slayer or Woodcutting. Make sure you have one of these if you want to claim your island.
This July is just the beginning, as we will travel further into the Eastern Lands in October, with Chapter Two of the Arc.

In Other News Vic the Trader Returns/Flower Outfits
Vic the Trader will be coming back in July, along with the opportunity to trade any unwanted bonus XP for skilling outfits, starfire gear, slayer masks and more.
Meanwhile flower outfits will be kicking off a new fae collection, and you can expect recolourable costumes and a unique teleport.

Really really super excited for the arc region exploration, like more excited than I've been for any update in runescape in quite a long while.