Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I played the tutorial too then never felt the need to play it again.

It's not a bad game, it just didn't click for me. To much dice rolls, I prefer my board/card games to be eurotrash

It's free anyway so anyone can give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

How's that Pathfinder game? I ditn't know it existed until the humble bundle.

I tried it out. I have only played the original Pathfinder board game, not the card game the app is based on, but it's pretty fun! And it has similar flavors to the board game, where who knows what nasty surprise you'll draw from the deck next, so you better carry a shitload of gear and know how to use it so you can stack mad dice rolls.

The main thing I didn't like about it was that it seems pretty clear that they designed for tablets originally, and they just directly shrank the UI for smaller screens. It's playable on my medium-sized Nexus 5X, but some of the text and numbers are very small, and some of the buttons are small to the point that I was concerned about fat-fingering them. The other thing is that they don't really ease you into the grognardy aspects. Grognardy maybe isn't the right word, but I don't know of a term specific to old games like Pathfinder and Arkham Horror :shobon:

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 16, 2016

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Ziji posted:

Has anyone ever played MMA Federation? I can't seem to get it to download (either my phone is incompatible, or it's region locked out of the middle east and VPNs don't seem to work) but it looks pretty great.

EDIT: A developer emailed me and said it is only available on newer smartphones and tablets right now, if anyone was wondering why their's says "incompatible" as well.

I downloaded this game to check it out. Not an MMA fan but found that this game was fun to play. There are a bunch of martial arts disciplines, you start off with two though you can multiclass into more as you go along.

The fight system is based on move cards, with an attack round and then a defense round. You get three random cards from your 40 card deck - you can pick the cards in your deck, and as you unlock disciplines and progress in belt levels you get more and more cards.

Each discipline has its own niche thing - chances to strike critically, chances to combo, counters on defensive moves, etc etc.

The best part about the game is the paper-rock-scissors where you try and guess what the opponent will lead with and then counter - sometimes the obvious wrong choice is the best choice.

There is in game currency, but it is freely given and used only for cosmetic changes to your fighter. Seems to be a pretty small player base, but the training (complete with minigames) and career track are entertaining enough to give the game a shot.

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 16, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The Google Play survey app just paid me $0.60 to say I don't like sports. Thanks Google!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Flesh Forge posted:

The Google Play survey app just paid me $0.60 to say I don't like sports. Thanks Google!

I've been getting a poo poo ton of surveys lately, which is weird, since I'm in Canada.

I'm hanging out with family until Sunday, and aside from Space Team and Card Cast, does anyone have any good phone-based partyish games?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I got an rear end load of surveys but I don't think I've had one in a month now.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think Google should be required to build a "Kelp's Wild Water Slides" in my town.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

tater_salad posted:

I got an rear end load of surveys but I don't think I've had one in a month now.

Same. My last one was over 3 weeks ago.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
On Pathfinder, I play it on my Nexus 6P. I know if I was trying it on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, it would lag like crazy because it uses Unity. It's quite fun. I don't have much issues pressing things. You can just tap a card to view it up close. I haven't fat fingered anything either.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Same. My last one was over 3 weeks ago.

I just looked,
2 month's

I wonder if it's due to not spending real money in Google play in over a year.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

tater_salad posted:

I just looked,
2 month's

I wonder if it's due to not spending real money in Google play in over a year.

Nope. I get plenty of surveys, and I've not spent real money since... 2012, I think? Basically, I've not spent real money since the survey app came out. The card I had on file has long since expired.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Google decided me going to work is worth asking "why did you visit the hotel*?" about once a week now and giving me like 10 cents each time.

*its not really a hotel but whatever

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Google decided me going to work is worth asking "why did you visit the hotel*?" about once a week now and giving me like 10 cents each time.

*its not really a hotel but whatever

It's a brothel isn't it?

I love when I'm delivering mail on any sort of business route cause good God do the surveys flood in

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Chalupa posted:

It's a brothel isn't it?

I love when I'm delivering mail on any sort of business route cause good God do the surveys flood in

I wish

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I work in a food service establishment, and regularly get surveys about it. Five stars, all the way!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I got the same survey twice in a row the other day that asked me:

'Where have you visited recently?'
A - Your local 7-11
B - A restaurant in San Francisco
C - A gift shop in Philly

(I can't remember the actual names of the businesses but that's what they were)

I live in Australia so that was weird as hell but thanks for the dollar, Google!

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I changed my walk to work by a block because it takes me past a boutique hotel that likes to get surveyed. Getting paid on my way to get paid!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
That Kingdom Hearts game should be available for players in Europe now, as well as the non-European country of Australia apparently.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 17, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

That Kingdom Hearts game should be available for players in Europe now, as well as the non-European country of Australia apparently.

Hmmm.. I may have to vpn and give this a try.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I noticed a massive difference by putting google maps on when I head into town. Dunno if my phone just turns the location stuff off when idle or something, but I seem to get a lot more surveys this way.

Also my wife gets about twice as many surveys as me just because she drives to work past a retail park :argh:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

tater_salad posted:

If you're US you won't need it, it's been out here for a while.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I noticed a massive difference by putting google maps on when I head into town. Dunno if my phone just turns the location stuff off when idle or something, but I seem to get a lot more surveys this way.

Also my wife gets about twice as many surveys as me just because she drives to work past a retail park :argh:

I noticed the same thing! After the great survery rush last month I've been getting a trickle maybe one or two a week, but the last two days I was in a part of town I don't go through much so I just happened to keep Google Maps on while I was going from area to area and looking for places to eat and I got 6 surverys just from that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

tater_salad posted:

It's pretty fun. We have a thread for it. Pick Vulpes as your Union. Goons are Vulpes, and we've been the top Union every single week by such a huge margin. It's pretty funny, actually.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Doom & Destiny as well as Doom & Destiny Advaned are on sale for $0.99

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ihatepants posted:

So if I'm reading this right, you can jump straight in to "Advanced" having never played the original?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ihatepants posted:

Ok so I just pulled the trigger on D&DA, is there any reason to also get the first one?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I just got a card in Skyforce Reloaded that disables the EMP wall at the beginning of level 5 and replaces it with the same tracking EMP blast from level 5 in the original game. So whoever was wondering why there were boxes and stuff to shoot on that level, there you go.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Hulk Krogan posted:

I just got a card in Skyforce Reloaded that disables the EMP wall at the beginning of level 5 and replaces it with the same tracking EMP blast from level 5 in the original game. So whoever was wondering why there were boxes and stuff to shoot on that level, there you go.

Do you remember what level and difficulty you were playing when the card dropped? I have been farming 4-hard for 2 weeks and it wont drop.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Len posted:

I finished stage 8 in Sky Force and I want more levels :negative:

Lucky for us, it looks like the game is getting at least 4 new levels in future updates!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Trastion posted:

Do you remember what level and difficulty you were playing when the card dropped? I have been farming 4-hard for 2 weeks and it wont drop.

It was on 8-hard.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 17, 2016

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
For those of you playing Tiny Tower, The VIP package is now 50% OFF through the weekend. The next update also adds TRIPLE daily rent and firework bonuses for VIP owners.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Hunters episode 1 is it good clean turn-based tactical game that reminds me a lot of jagged Alliance and Fallout Tactics, single player and doesn't seem to have any pay to win type mechanics. Fun game! It doesn't have any pretty cutscenes or anything like that but if you like these games you don't care about that anyway.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I made a little video of a nice Nonstop Knight combo of 3-star items that I got from Magma Chests (level 200 to unlock).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1owsU1oy6F0

The sword was bonkers, and let me push up a few more levels. The cloak is just neat, but not really that great. If I sit down to play, I am using a frenzy potion. I did end up leaving the game running while I took a nap, and earned quite a bit of gold.

I mostly favor good rolls over 3-star powers.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 18, 2016

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is cool as I'm nearly out of upgrades!

The worst thing about this game is the fact that it lags up if a heads-up notification appears during gameplay, that has got me killed a bunch of times when trying to do zero-damage runs in the no-health/max-guns plane.

We think the stage 5 card is probably fixed to be one of the last ones you get, some goon earlier said they got it second to last.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've got an LG G4, and was wondering if This War of Mine plays nicely or at least decently with it? My surveys have been going nuts lately so I figured I'd check it out, not many negative reviews on the play store for it with my device, but I trust goons the most with this stuff.

Also, how is Desert Golf ? The screenshots give me a strong nostalgic feeling from NES Golf, so if it's even remotely like that terribly boring game, I'll probably like it.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 18, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've got an LG G4, and was wondering if This War of Mine plays nicely or at least decently with it?

Yes. I'm personally not really a fan of the phone UI but otherwise its totally playable.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 18, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Tunga posted:

We think the stage 5 card is probably fixed to be one of the last ones you get, some goon earlier said they got it second to last.

I doubt it. I got it and I still have probably 40% of the cards to go. RNG gonna RNG.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, how is Desert Golf ? The screenshots give me a strong nostalgic feeling from NES Golf, so if it's even remotely like that terribly boring game, I'll probably like it.

I love desert golf. It's just a (nearly) infinite series of holes where you adjust angle and strength and try to put the ball in the hole. It's permanently installed on my phone.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

Tunga posted:

I just received it as my 3rd non timed card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

eeenmachine posted:

For those of you playing Tiny Tower, The VIP package is now 50% OFF through the weekend. The next update also adds TRIPLE daily rent and firework bonuses for VIP owners.

I'm not seeing that in the UK, maybe I'm too late, but also I'm seeing that it's £33.24 and holy crap no thanks.