Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What, the Hikaru Genji thing?

Look at the mask... or rather, look at the holes in the mask...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tarage posted:

Take a look at page 8. Take a reaaaaaal hard look at the top panel.

You mean how the person in the mask's real eye is totally bugged out?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Covok posted:

You mean how the person in the mask's real eye is totally bugged out?

And the teeth... If Akari isn't wearing the mask... who the gently caress is?!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

Look at the mask... or rather, look at the holes in the mask...

Jesus gently caress.

Behind the sparkles is someone who has seen true fear.

Tarage posted:

Woah...

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tarage posted:

I assumed it was vampire dad in girl mode.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Me, to the author at the fourth page: :worship:

Page 7: oh god i'm dying

page 9: I am dead.

page 17: :ghost: shirou is dead now too

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 16, 2016

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Holy :laffo:, the crowd of kids doing the "ugh" expression.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tarage posted:

Take a look at page 8. Take a reaaaaaal hard look at the top panel.

oh my loving god what is her face under that mask

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tarezax posted:

oh my loving god what is her face under that mask

:kheldragar:

Also, at least this way Shiho won't have to marry Shima. :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The death toll from this chapter is enormous. I died twice at least. The chapters with Magical Akalyn are the best chapters by far.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

The chapters with Magical Akalyn are the best chapters by far.

:yeah:

I'm dead. I cannot read any more chapters. This was the end of the story.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sakurada needs to graduate already

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RIP in pieces, Shirou.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Akari is, intentionally or not, the funniest character in this series. All the idiots are cute and all, but Akari chapters absolutely kill me every time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This chapter taking (deserved) shots at Usagi Drop. I approve.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

This chapter taking (deserved) shots at Usagi Drop. I approve.

I don't know what you're talking about. Usagi Drop never had a time skip or got really creepy. There was no time skip.

Nothing like that ever happened.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. Usagi Drop never had a time skip or got really creepy. There was no time skip.

:thumbsup:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

chumbler posted:

I've never read it. Was there an older character who basically groomed a younger one, and then a timeskip to make their relationship technically not illegal?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I've never read it. Was there an older character who basically groomed a younger one, and then a timeskip to make their relationship technically not illegal?

Nothing like that ever happened. Nothing like the dad just being a good dad and his adopted daughter declaring her love for him and him accepting it once she grew up. Nothing like that.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dammit, how does crap like Usagi Drop get published and the Magical Adventures of Magical Middle-Aged Spinster Akalyn™ remain in the realm of imagination?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

Nothing like that ever happened. Nothing like the dad just being a good dad and his adopted daughter declaring her love for him and him accepting it once she grew up. Nothing like that.

:barf:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Because Bunny Drop was an absolutely fantastic series up til the end when it poo poo the bed in the most laughably horrible way possible. It didn't start out as the "daughter decides to marry her adoptive father instead of going to college and he's ok with it for some reason" manga.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Sometimes I wonder how Japanese fans reacted to that out-of-left-field ending. They excised it from the anime entirely, after all.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HellCopter posted:

Sometimes I wonder how Japanese fans reacted to that out-of-left-field ending. They excised it from the anime entirely, after all.

The anime should've gone a step further and had Rin end up with Kouki when they grew up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

HellCopter posted:

Probably the same way anyone would to a story where a 30 yr old adopts a 6 year old then dates her ten years later when she's 16: horror and disgust.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

The anime should've gone a step further and had Rin end up with Kouki when they grew up.

Actually their parents should have ended up together.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The Tale of Genji has a had a very real and very awful effect on Japanese literature, and that includes manga sometimes.

Also, yeah, the parents should have ended up together. All signs pointed to that happening. But then at the last minute, lol nope Genji time.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wittgen posted:

The Tale of Genji has a had a very real and very awful effect on Japanese literature, and that includes manga sometimes.

Also, yeah, the parents should have ended up together. All signs pointed to that happening. But then at the last minute, lol nope Genji time.

I'm unfamiliar with the Tale of Genji. What happened that lead to this junk? Incest portrayed as a positive?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Covok posted:

I'm unfamiliar with the Tale of Genji. What happened that lead to this junk? Incest portrayed as a positive?

Genji meets nice little girl. Teaches her cool stuff and how to be an ideal woman.

Marries her. :|

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Artificer posted:

Genji meets nice little girl. Teaches her cool stuff and how to be an ideal woman.

Marries her. :|

See also: The Thorn Birds

aaaaaaanyway.

There sure are some funny faces in this silly manga. :)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I hope somebody marries Magical Akalyn.

Why, perhaps I will marry her someday.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 17, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Hey, Tarage, how does a series get discovered for scanlation? Someone has to realize it's any good and spread the word. My best guess is a bunch of individuals who can read Japanese discover it and spread the word to others fluent enough to read until some people decide to bring it over.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tarage posted:

And the epilogue: http://bato.to/reader#7669d370781ea937

Bonus points for the first person to find the hidden horrifying thing.

Oh god the eye. :catstare:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Covok posted:

Hey, Tarage, how does a series get discovered for scanlation? Someone has to realize it's any good and spread the word. My best guess is a bunch of individuals who can read Japanese discover it and spread the word to others fluent enough to read until some people decide to bring it over.

I wish I could tell you. I only came on board after the first school athletics event arc. A lot of times it is just as you said; Someone who reads Japanese decides to translate a chapter and put it up on Batoto.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Covok posted:

I've often seem some early chapters of other stories that have an extra page by the translator who states that they don't have the time to translate the whole thing, but have translated the first few chapters so more people can be aware of it so that it might possibly get picked up.

There are also boards on other forums where you can request for something to be translated, I assume.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a kitten posted:

I hope somebody marries Magical Akalyn.

Why, perhaps I will marry her someday.

But Sakurada, you're still in high school

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Also, while he might have the white horse requirement down, Sakurada is not a prince... as far as we know :tinfoil:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Also, while he might have the white horse requirement down, Sakurada is not a prince... as far as we know :tinfoil:
jesus that would be amazing

Covok
May 27, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Is Sakurada taller or shorter than Koumoto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Covok posted:

Is Sakurada taller or shorter than Koumoto?

:sparkles: Akalyn :sparkles: seems slightly taller than Oka during the fated walk entering the maid cafe and only because she was slightly bowing. Sakurada also is only slightly taller than Oka. I'd guess they're similar in height.

• Locked thread