Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't wait to get home from work and explore the vast Hylian Wilderness on a big tv, finding some shrines and getting their fast travel points so that I can solve their puzzles during my commute the next day while playing on the portable NX tablet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

what monster would design this..

Soral
May 30, 2009

locking the slot open is just asking for tons of dust in the machine..........

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my parents would just hide the cables, this is some dystopian poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
great motivator for grounding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD-D8MSd-3Q

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The local video game chain store by me is known nationwide for a token system it sells which parents can use to reward their children with time units of video game play.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That's grounds for child emancipation imo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OI915QW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_D31yxbQCVC6ND

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
My heart goes out to all those young gamers who have run out of tokens 45 minutes after the checkpoint

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

quote:

Nintendo opted against revealing its new console at this year's E3, but plans to share more about NX later this year. Company president Tatsumi Kimishima has made it clear NX won't be a "pure replacement for the Wii U" and will instead offer a "new way of playing games" when it launches in March 2017.

:/

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm going to buy it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i probably will too. i shouldnt say anything until the nintendo direct revealing it, that they'll spring on us, any day now..

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i6s surely a portable wiiu and thats epic

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

As long as it becomes their new handheld and thus I can play Monhun on a real controller I'll be happy. It will play Zelda so we know at least it isn't like a phone app or something.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

i6s surely a portable wiiu and thats epic

I want to make a backpack that contains my wii u and a bunch of batteries so i can game on the go. i think about this constantly

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I want to make a backpack that contains my wii u and a bunch of batteries so i can game on the go. i think about this constantly

same lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On your next flight bring your gamepad and Wii u in your backpack and plug it into the airplane seat, ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

On your next flight bring your gamepad and Wii u in your backpack and plug it into the airplane seat, ftw

every time i bring my wii u in my backpack to stop from having to check a bag they always pull it out of my bag and use explosive detection wipes on it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When the TSA scans it the amount of fun contained per square inch registers as a powerful bomb

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all we know is that it'll play zelda the same way the wiiu does (yet its getting released separately for the NX), it's not a "direct replacement" and nintendo has no interest in competing with sony and micro horsepower-wise.

its sounding more and more like a re-release of the wiiu with portable features or something lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably won't be able to get a NX for a while sadly because I'll be returning to my poverty gaming habits soon aka, buying one or two full price games a year and emulating old crap on PC in between long map game sessions

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

some gamng podcast talked about how they did this nd ended up playing bayonetta 2 next to a six year old nd his increasingly horrified mom for like six hours ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

being backwards compatible with the U is mandatory..if they just leave mario maker behind and never update it again, that would be like gamer holocaust

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

then again i just read that it hasnt even sold half as many units as the GC, that is insanely hosed up. gamers are retarded

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm realized I'm ok with it if it's primarily portable. I'm pretty stocked up on gaming in front of a tv, but wouldn't mind a more powerful portable that hopefully is a little more comfy to hold onto.

I actually brought my WiiU upstairs to play on the pad in bed or on the balcony :D

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The Wii U is the only console I own, and that's okay.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bobnumerotres posted:

all we know is that it'll play zelda the same way the wiiu does (yet its getting released separately for the NX), it's not a "direct replacement" and nintendo has no interest in competing with sony and micro horsepower-wise.

its sounding more and more like a re-release of the wiiu with portable features or something lol
It absolutely is a replacement for the WiiU. It's just marketing speech as they're trying to not absolutely kill WiiU sales for the next year.

Reminder that the DS was marketed as "a new way to game" and "not a replacement for the GBA". 3 pillars anyone?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

It absolutely is a replacement for the WiiU. It's just marketing speech as they're trying to not absolutely kill WiiU sales for the next year.

i think having a completely bone dry release schedule until the NX comes out did that already lol good point though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think having a completely bone dry release schedule until the NX comes out did that already lol good point though

Have you forgotten about #FE, Sticker Star 2 and Mario vs Sonic at Rio de Janeiro

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
NX is going to be the long-awaited Club Nintendo replacement.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

NX is going to be the long-awaited Club Nintendo replacement.
Miitomo app was actually a test drive of the rewards system.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They already replaced club Nintendo with my Nintendo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

miitomo owns

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm realized I'm ok with it if it's primarily portable. I'm pretty stocked up on gaming in front of a tv, but wouldn't mind a more powerful portable that hopefully is a little more comfy to hold onto.

I actually brought my WiiU upstairs to play on the pad in bed or on the balcony :D

Lmao I've been assuming it's a portable that docks into the tv but I just considered what if it's literally like a gamepad that doesn't use a tv or anything, some insane monkeys paw thing where its all portable and I'm doomed forever to play Monhun and all Nintendo games on tiny devices. Nintendo can't be that stupid but they also totally can be.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The NX is a millenial that plays games for you while you're out and about, you can call him whenever and he'll describe what's happening and follow your instructions so it's just like you're playing yourself even while you're driving to work or at the grocery store.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Have you forgotten about #FE, Sticker Star 2 and Mario vs Sonic at Rio de Janeiro

i forget #FE exists every year until they show it at e3 again

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Eight gorgeous Gamecubes taped together. Nintendo youve done it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I hope the new console is a box with $10000 in it