Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It she from one of the lovely cartoons Rebels or something?

The character is originally from Clone Wars but she's in Rebels as an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

The character is originally from Clone Wars but she's in Rebels as an adult.

Oh yeah, I remember. CW was so bad I never made it past the 3rd episode.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah, I remember. CW was so bad I never made it past the 3rd episode.

It's actually really good and makes Anakin not the worst character ever.

I mean, bro, you watched the entire Unicron Trilogy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Not by episode 3 though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Not by episode 3 though.

Also true.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

It she from one of the lovely cartoons Rebels or something?

I've never cared much for the cartoons but kept hearing how great the most recent two episodes of Rebels (the season 2 two-part finale) were, so I decided to give them a chance. And yup, they are pretty fantastic. They brought Darth Maul back and SOMEHOW gave him a compelling and interesting personality. No really, I swear. And Darth Vader shows up and is voiced by James Earl Jones and it's the scariest Vader has been since Empire, holy poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I mean, bro, you watched the entire Unicron Trilogy.

UT has nothing on all things under the Prequels umbrella.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

UT has nothing on all things under the Prequels umbrella.

Season 1 of Clone Wars is pretty shaky but after that it makes a pretty drastic jump in quality and keeps improving.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Now we get to look forward to Revan being the next impossibly hard to find figure.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rage posted:

Now we get to look forward to Revan being the next impossibly hard to find figure.

Yeah him and Sabrine from Rebels will be the next impossible to get ones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Season 1 of Clone Wars is pretty shaky but after that it makes a pretty drastic jump in quality and keeps improving.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's actually REALLY loving good the further it gets. S2 is a bit shaky still but by the end it's the best thing to come out of the prequels.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

You watched three episodes.

Watch this list. I loving hated Clone Wars until I went through the list this dude suggests.
http://areyoubadenough.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-essential-clone-wars-episodes.html?m=1

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Oh and one time I saw half an episode where Yoda was talking to some clone troopers and the dialogue wasn't lovely and I was like "oh right, I forgot, this character used to be pretty ok. I used to like this character. And he sounds like he used to back when I liked him! .....this is weird."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eh, SW Prequel era is mostly poo poo so I stand by my multi year old assessment.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I also enjoyed the Obi-Wan and Anakin miniseries.

Though prequel Obi-Wan might actually be my favorite Star Wars character somehow.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I also enjoyed the Obi-Wan and Anakin miniseries.

Though prequel Obi-Wan might actually be my favorite Star Wars character somehow.

I'm really hoping the talks for an Obi-Wan solo film happen, Ewan was the best part of the prequels.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

The Rage posted:

I'm really hoping the talks for an Obi-Wan solo film happen, Ewan was the best part of the prequels.

Need a movie of nothing but Sassy-One Kenobi roaming the universe.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The CW series was a hell of lot better than TFA, that's for sure.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Clone Wars is pretty close to what the prequels should have been.
I'll also echo the Obi love; he's the only thing that keeps me from completely disregarding those movies.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
That sweet Revoltech Deadpool is up for order at HLJ and BBTS

gregday
May 23, 2003

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-061716a.htm

Holy poo poo.

I literally thought this was Kylo Ren from the preview image.

gregday fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 17, 2016

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

gregday posted:

Holy poo poo.

I saw some of the Suicide Squad figures last night and they look just as appallingly bad. There is absolutely no excuse for them to be putting out product that looks that bad and charge the price that they are.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That is goddamn atrocious. Jesus christ.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Holy poo poo, he really does look like Kelso

I don't know why anybody still buys Mattel product, especially the DC stuff.

gregday
May 23, 2003

It's not like being accurate would have been any more aesthetically pleasing though. I mean

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Travis343 posted:

Holy poo poo, he really does look like Kelso

I don't know why anybody still buys Mattel product, especially the DC stuff.

The WWE stuff has been getting better and better. I am amazed with what they are doing with the basics line at that price point.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He looks like Big Head from Silicon Valley.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

gregday posted:

Holy poo poo.

It looks like an action figure produced for ultra-religious parents to buy for their sheltered kids.

"Merry Christmas, Son - I got you an action figure of 'Community-Oriented Teen'! It says on the package that he volunteers at the hospital and leads Sunday School classes for elementary-aged children. He comes with a 'Guide for Mentoring Fellow Youths' and a cell phone that only dials 911."

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
That is one horrible action figure.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

That is one horrible action figure.

The less I'm reminded of that atrocity of a movie the better.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Red posted:

It looks like an action figure produced for ultra-religious parents to buy for their sheltered kids.

"Merry Christmas, Son - I got you an action figure of 'Community-Oriented Teen'! It says on the package that he volunteers at the hospital and leads Sunday School classes for elementary-aged children. He comes with a 'Guide for Mentoring Fellow Youths' and a cell phone that only dials 911."

At least that hypothetical figure comes with accessories

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

EDIT: Guess they took it down.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 18, 2016

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What if we now live in a world where the action figures have to match the quality of the movie? :smuggo:

This line from the review cracked me up

mwctoys posted:

The hands are sculpted to hold accessories, of which there are none.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 18, 2016

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Black Panther is in stock on BBTS this morning.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Black Panther is in stock on BBTS this morning.

I got an email this morning saying mine shipped.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I finally got my Kickstarter Mythic Legions. I could only afford two so I went with the Blood Knight caused he looked awesome and the Build-Your-Own-Barbarian because I like Vikings and accessories, plus one of the weapons pack (the contents of which were sculpted by an acquaintance I found out):

As I say every time I get new Four Horsemen figures, these are the best figures they've ever made. The Knight has good articulation for a big suit of armor, the collar is attached but soft plastic so it squishes slightly when you attach the removable pauldrons so you can adjust how they look, and the detail and weathering on the armor is top notch. The cape was tricky, it's got four holes and it seems you need to fit them in some configuration onto pegs on the pauldrons that snap into his back, but it looks odd in a lot of those configurations and ultimately you just need to crease the cape oddly to make it work (it's not soft cloth, but that stuff that older Star Wars figures had for capes once upon a time). He's also got a sword, lance, and axe (which can be single or double edged) so he doesn't want for accessories.

The Barbarian is a customizer's wet dream, an all inclusive figure you can arrange to your heart's content. Two heads (bearded and full helmet), five sets of helm adornments (antler, bull horns, ram horns, bat & eagle wings), two sets of pauldrons, two sets of waist clothes, three swords, a spear, an axe, a shield, and a sash/sword sheath. Add to that the weapon pack which has a warhammer, shield, and staff with three tops (for when you need a touch of wizardry) and the permutations are incredible. I've never had one figure with so many possibilities. It'll take me a while to figure out how I like him best but I'll take pictures as I switch him up.

In short, get some of these if you care about medieval figures at all; they're doing another wave of orders sometime soon and I may be getting one or two if I can afford it, I really want a skeleton.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

So are the Four Horsemen done with the He-Man Matty thing? Cause this looks like what they should've done from the beginning. I understand nostalgia, but hot drat those look really good.

Edit: and hells yes for that vinyl cape! Cloth is ok, but I can't stand the thick rubbery plastic capes (I think Spawn toys started it, and I wish it wasn't industry standard for so long).

Bulgaroctonus fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 21, 2016

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They make a lot more money sculpting DC and MOTUC figures for Mattel than they do with Mythic Legions. Plus they don't have to worry about production when working for Mattel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I'm trying to remember a line of toys from around 2007-2008. They were blind packaged DC Comics buildable diorama figures around 3 inches tall and came with additional parts for a mini bust of Darkseid or something like that. Anyone remember the name of the series? I've been googling for half an hour to no avail.