Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Even with 10 or less settlers every time I went back to a place they'd all be jammed into the same little area all bumping off each other. Then I stopped caring about settlements because you don't even need them for anything. I just use home plate now and settlers can gently caress off and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rasmussen posted:

Even with 10 or less settlers every time I went back to a place they'd all be jammed into the same little area all bumping off each other. Then I stopped caring about settlements because you don't even need them for anything. I just use home plate now and settlers can gently caress off and die.

I use War of the Commonwealth, and with higher spawn rates having developed settlements as little forts of sanity in the storm is a lot of fun. I build fortified and armed structures that I run to, and the organic battles that are caused around and by them are pretty great.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So last week I finally installed that True Storms mod from the OP, and I just experienced my first loving sandstorm and holy poo poo this is completely not what I was expecting.

All I can do is wander around bumping into poo poo trying to find a place to take shelter so I can let it pass. How long do these things last for, anyway?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Beantown Interiors is back on Xbone, so I take it the modders aren't as much in a tizzy anymore?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Kimsemus posted:

I use War of the Commonwealth, and with higher spawn rates having developed settlements as little forts of sanity in the storm is a lot of fun. I build fortified and armed structures that I run to, and the organic battles that are caused around and by them are pretty great.

What are the perf implications of this and does it break normal overworld wandering? It sounds dreamy the way you're describing it :allears:

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Beantown Interiors is also back on the Nexus. Speaking of, the author also made this awesome and adorable Bobbleheads mod - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3299/

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Seashell Salesman posted:

What are the perf implications of this and does it break normal overworld wandering? It sounds dreamy the way you're describing it :allears:

I started a new game with War of the Commonwealth yesterday and my god, enemies everywhere that can put me down so fast.

I left vault 111 and was greeted with a pack of feral ghouls containing 2 Glowing Ones and 15m from them was a horde of molerats including the explodey ones.

Starting weapons do poop for damage so there has been much sprinting.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Found some cool power armour, I'm also using his spartan power armour and gauss rifle remake.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Ever wanted more flexibility and tools for a stealth/sneak/ninja run instead of the simple 'crouch don't make a loving sound' default mechanics now?

Well, Assassin's Utility will give you some more options dealing with NPC's while being all Ninja. Essentially throwables in three different flavours (one is a simple throwing knife, the other a distraction grenade and the final one a flashbang) all that is really missing is some sort of Wasteland Ninja outfit and you got the bare essentials!

EDIT: Oh and a mod that can upgrade the pool cue to a Naginata why not?

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 17, 2016

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Resurrection is very green, but isn't the game set in the fall? Like there's dead leaves everywhere, i kinda figured that was the reason.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Otacon posted:

So last week I finally installed that True Storms mod from the OP, and I just experienced my first loving sandstorm and holy poo poo this is completely not what I was expecting.

All I can do is wander around bumping into poo poo trying to find a place to take shelter so I can let it pass. How long do these things last for, anyway?

If you set it to have longer storms, the answer is "loving forever"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Amusing highlighted mod of the moment, here is a mod which tracks hair growth for your character through the passage of time!

Also, I confess I desperately watch the Nexus site for the following weapon mods:

Sig Sauer pistol.
Watz Laser Rifle.
Classic Super Sledge.
Classic 10MM SMG.
The old school looking sniper rifle.
Hunting Shotgun.
Laser Thompson.

The latter would be really neat if you could upgrade them from the default weapons.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Amusing highlighted mod of the moment, here is a mod which tracks hair growth for your character through the passage of time!

Also, I confess I desperately watch the Nexus site for the following weapon mods:

Sig Sauer pistol.
Watz Laser Rifle.
Classic Super Sledge.
Classic 10MM SMG.
The old school looking sniper rifle.
Hunting Shotgun.
Laser Thompson.

The latter would be really neat if you could upgrade them from the default weapons.

I only just realized this is the first main line Fallout game where there is no 10mm SMG.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Looks like Resurrection got taken down for stolen assets? Still on bethesda.net though.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Is there any mod that will stop all the settlers in Sanctuary Hills from obsessively milling around the area where the workbench is? They have beds and jobs and stuff but when they aren't farming they just wanna bash their heads against the city wall near where the workbench is all night.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Noirex posted:

Looks like Resurrection got taken down for stolen assets? Still on bethesda.net though.
Ah, Nexus mods. Destroying good things to make the crybabies of the world happy.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Is there any mod that will stop all the settlers in Sanctuary Hills from obsessively milling around the area where the workbench is? They have beds and jobs and stuff but when they aren't farming they just wanna bash their heads against the city wall near where the workbench is all night.

Some of the programming surrounding the settlers is unforgivable, and I haven't seen mods to fix this behavior yet. If you use Better Settlers, there is an option to make settlers mortal (which they should have been off the bat but the AI is too stupid). I like to make it so they can die because finding their corpses and trying to figure out what happened is pretty funny and, let's be honest, they are disposable.

However the thoughtful group at Bethesda made a settlement with a highly radioactive pool of water in the middle, and a spawnpoint for settlers that is right next to the highly radioactive water. This wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't only ONE point for settlers to spawn at, or there was some sort of system that moved them to things before you wake-up/fast travel to the location. But nope, they all spawn in one retard ball and then stand there, save for 1 or 2 wandering off, getting radiated and dying. They literally all spawn in one place and then don't react to the damage at all and die. Like c'mon, there are people being paid to design this poo poo?

Anyway, the pile of bodies is still pretty funny.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Sintax posted:

Some of the programming surrounding the settlers is unforgivable, and I haven't seen mods to fix this behavior yet. If you use Better Settlers, there is an option to make settlers mortal (which they should have been off the bat but the AI is too stupid). I like to make it so they can die because finding their corpses and trying to figure out what happened is pretty funny and, let's be honest, they are disposable.

However the thoughtful group at Bethesda made a settlement with a highly radioactive pool of water in the middle, and a spawnpoint for settlers that is right next to the highly radioactive water. This wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't only ONE point for settlers to spawn at, or there was some sort of system that moved them to things before you wake-up/fast travel to the location. But nope, they all spawn in one retard ball and then stand there, save for 1 or 2 wandering off, getting radiated and dying. They literally all spawn in one place and then don't react to the damage at all and die. Like c'mon, there are people being paid to design this poo poo?

Anyway, the pile of bodies is still pretty funny.

You can scrap the car and the barrels to remove the radiation.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I only just realized this is the first main line Fallout game where there is no 10mm SMG.

It's super weird right? maybe it will show up in Nuka World along with the iconic looking laser/balistic sniper rifles.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Segmentation Fault posted:

You can scrap the car and the barrels to remove the radiation.
holy poo poo!!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Panderfringe posted:

Ah, Nexus mods. Destroying good things to make the crybabies of the world happy.

if the guy deboed assets or used them without permission I'm glad he's getting his poo poo taken down until he changes it. Resurrection is cool and all but art theft is much less so. it takes like a minute to type up a note giving credit to the original author (which this guy apparently didn't even do) and to ask for permission to use assets someone else has created

e: lmao the guy who made Resurrection is a re-reg of an account banned for doing the same thing, stealing assets. Strike two, bitch

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 18, 2016

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

The "Scrap Everything" mod shows invisible errr trigger points on that building called something like settler hammer something that you can scrap.

Edit: While it sucks that the resurrection guy is apparently a serial asset stealer (I guess he had been banned from the nexus before, and pretty much everything in resurrection is stolen? Just what I read), it's funny that the guy who uploaded the stolen assets image is the author of a "competing" mod.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 18, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sintax posted:

holy poo poo!!

My GF doesn't do any building whatsoever so when she got to the Castle, she had no idea how to clear the rubble into the armory.
It was adorable.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Haerc posted:

The "Scrap Everything" mod shows invisible errr trigger points on that building called something like settler hammer something that you can scrap.

I went through already and deleted all the "hammer" and "sit on ground" points I could find but there's still something irresistible to them on the other side of the wall...

My plan now is to populate the place with robots.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

SpookyLizard posted:

Resurrection is very green, but isn't the game set in the fall? Like there's dead leaves everywhere, i kinda figured that was the reason.

The start before you go in the vault is right around Halloween (there are decorations everywhere in sanctuary, it's also right around when the game was released, which was pretty cool).

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Learned this the hard way: don't mix and match Bethesda.net mods and externally loaded mods.

I just went through Config Hell trying to get mods in MO2 to show up after reinstalling Fallout 4 and starting fresh.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

I honestly can't think of that without hearing this song.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

So, with Resurrection being taken down, do anyone have a copy? I want to try it out. Preferably newest edition without the audio...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A mod that replaces the ice water in Marcy's veins with human blood.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

i look at the pictures, and i can still see the unbridled hatred behind those eyes. its unsettling.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sadly for Marcy, first impressions are everything still even after the world ends.

Still, she can hang out with the other unpopular barely liked Fallout characters!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
So, we all like legendary mods, we all like more legendary mods added by extensions and dlc, we like 2 legendary mods, yay, (or 4, wowzers)!
but we don't like that the second legendary mod pool of, ugh, legendary mods is crap.
the solution is to make copies of all these legendary mods, and add the ap_legendary2 (and 3, 4.) keyword.
then run a script that gives those slots to everything,
I'm doing all this atm, its tiresome and boring, but the wasteland should get nice and wacky.

Actually : bollocks, let me find a fo4edit script to find/replace.

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 18, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a mod that gets rid of confirming every time you scrap something?

Pressing R/E a million times is killing my hand.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just use the console and scrapall

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Azhais posted:

I just use the console and scrapall

gently caress me in the rear end. I didn't know this was a thing. I just tried it and... I need to be alone for a while.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I spent a couple of hours wandering around Sanctuary trying to scrap every little thing so I would be very grateful if PS4 could get a scrapall mod

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress me in the rear end. I didn't know this was a thing. I just tried it and... I need to be alone for a while.

What's it do? Scrap every possible thing within the cell, a certain radius, the entire game? It sounds great for vanilla scrapable items, but with the expanded scrap mods I'm afraid it would remove too much stuff (eg. in Sanctuary you'd end up with no roads, foundations, retaining wall around the river).

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Does scrapall work with mods like Spring Cleaning?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

What's it do? Scrap every possible thing within the cell, a certain radius, the entire game? It sounds great for vanilla scrapable items, but with the expanded scrap mods I'm afraid it would remove too much stuff (eg. in Sanctuary you'd end up with no roads, foundations, retaining wall around the river).

It scraps everything scrappable using the normal tools within the current settlement. This includes crafting benches and dropped weapons/armor, so you need to be at least somewhat cognizant of what you're up to (or be able to rebuild the benches), but for most places that aren't the red rocket it doesn't matter much. It won't destroy random other structures if you couldn't R/E them anyway.

8 Ball posted:

Hmm, I've not tried it tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

8 Ball posted:

Yes. Be careful with the command, though. It will remove everything that's scrappable in the settlement, including doors to interior cells. That will break the castle quest line if you use it before a certain point in the story. Needless to say, the root cellar in Sanctuary and the basement at Croup Manor will also no longer be accessible after scrapall, so, yeah, works.

And ditch Spring Cleaning, Scrap Everything is better and lets you scrap even more poo poo. ;)