Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Kesper North posted:

What do I have to do to find a GS214 Aug in this game? If it involves incursions, I'm hosed -.-

It involves incursions. I got one from Clear Sky that is decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
so is sub-200 DZ dead now?

I haven't played since basically release and now I can't DZ group any more :(

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Assuming you meant GS204 the one I'm using came from a random DZ drop in DZ01 in the 200+ bracket, if you meant 214 like gear set pieces those don't exist, and are the equivalent of GS 182 yellows anyway (ilvl 31).

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
How do HVT weekly missions work? A friend and I were trucking along just fine with 2 minutes left when it just farts out "HVT failed" and everything disappeared. No one was dead, we were in the pump room fighting, there were 2 minutes left on the time. Are the missions just broken?

What the timer for anyways? Do we just need to hold out for 10 minutes? What happens if we don't kill mobs, does the next wave spawn anyways?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
I wonder if the next patch will update the keyed crates in the DZ to give out loot reflecting the bracket the player is in. Every crate I've popped has given me 168-182GS junk :(

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Elysiume posted:

:yikes: So how about, uh, literally anything else? How do you feel about...not what you're currently talking about?

Hey guys have you seen that article about how this game is actually racist?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Hey guys have you seen that article about how this game is actually racist?

The best ones are the articles defending the rioters.

You know.

The folks molotoving children. :thumbsup:

also it's super funny when it's obvious the folks getting all pearl clutchy about video games didn't play long enough to see the PMC trying to stage a coup but oh well

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Is there an official "play with me" list for Goons? I'm on PC as Agent_970 if anyone wants to add me. Down for incursions, missions and DZ fuckery. Just getting back into it so I'm only GS 183

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Capn Beeb posted:

The best ones are the articles defending the rioters.

You know.

The folks molotoving children. :thumbsup:

also it's super funny when it's obvious the folks getting all pearl clutchy about video games didn't play long enough to see the PMC trying to stage a coup but oh well

I read an article calling Laura Barrett some incredibly brave and inspiring BLM type figure and it was another white male power fantasy that you get to kill her.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I wasn't serious, please don't do this.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I wasn't serious, please don't do this.

Its kinda hard to tell anymore friend. :shrug:

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Extra Credits attempted to do a piece on the factions. They did a really poor job.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Why do HVTs only drop Lonestar? I don't need that stuff :argh:

On the other hand I wonder if I should keep grinding gears atm now that DLC might be coming to PC on late June. Because current gears will become obsolete.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I might start doing clear sky a poo poo ton just to farm guns until I get great rolled ones for the update.

What gear setup and stamina/firearms do I want if I want to be the main tank type for incursion stuff? Tanktician?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Thronde posted:

I might start doing clear sky a poo poo ton just to farm guns until I get great rolled ones for the update.

What gear setup and stamina/firearms do I want if I want to be the main tank type for incursion stuff? Tanktician?
Yep. Great heal and great tank.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Aesis posted:

Why do HVTs only drop Lonestar? I don't need that stuff :argh:

On the other hand I wonder if I should keep grinding gears atm now that DLC might be coming to PC on late June. Because current gears will become obsolete.

Set gear pieces sell for a pretty penny which helps recalibration costs, though.

Speaking of: My Striker mask rolled with one mod slot but 3500 skill power. Should I reroll that for a second mod slot? Cause that seems like a whole heap of electronics boost.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Shouldn't preferred rolls for gear be +armor and a mod slot? I dunno what optimal rolls are with all the poo poo in game.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
The 4-piece set that gives you infinite consumables sounded pretty already but it just occurred to me that it gives infinite incendiary/explosive bullets. Can't wait to spam the gently caress out of those for the half a week before the set gets nerfed.

Capn Beeb posted:

Set gear pieces sell for a pretty penny which helps recalibration costs, though.

Speaking of: My Striker mask rolled with one mod slot but 3500 skill power. Should I reroll that for a second mod slot? Cause that seems like a whole heap of electronics boost.
Keep it like it is I say.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Yeah I honestly have no clue as to what the meta is anymore beyond "pile on armor until 75% mitigation" :v:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah I honestly have no clue as to what the meta is anymore beyond "pile on armor until 75% mitigation" :v:

marcoStyle has a good video on the Optimal stats you want on gear regardless of set.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If I haven't played since this release am I going to have to read up on a bunch of poo poo to figure out what's going on, or should I be able to figure it out in game?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Lemming posted:

If I haven't played since this release am I going to have to read up on a bunch of poo poo to figure out what's going on, or should I be able to figure it out in game?

Do HVT's, Do hard mode Incursions, probably try and get some cool dudes to carry you in the DZ

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Capn Beeb posted:

I think it is suggested to never use an electronics item (except on a 3 stat holster). Taking +skillpower on a firearms or stamina item is more effective.

If you pay no mind to minmaxing like that, you will be well served by taking a mix of firearms and stamina items, rolling +armor on some of them till you hit the cap, then rolling up whatever you want on the rest. Crit chance/damage, +skillpower, +exotic resist (if you run FM), etc.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Stormgale posted:

Do HVT's, Do hard mode Incursions, probably try and get some cool dudes to carry you in the DZ

Thx

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Thanks to whoever recommended the L86. It's a great mix of MG and Assault Rifle in one!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looks like it didn't turn into a thing, which is awesome, but in the future: this really isn't the thread to debate gun control, etc.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

You always want skill power on a mask if you can get it. You can maybe make an argument for a second slot instead but skill power is generally the better choice.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Game is on sale (PC). Regardless of whether you are playing it and posting in this thread because it is fun or because you hate yourself, is the game still dying or does it look like it might have a future?

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Alchenar posted:

Game is on sale (PC). Regardless of whether you are playing it and posting in this thread because it is fun or because you hate yourself, is the game still dying or does it look like it might have a future?

Game's good. I think some people will come back with the DLC.

This is how I logged in today. Caution indeed.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Alchenar posted:

It's not the best game ever but on sale you'll get a decent singleplayer run and if you like shoot and loot games (esp if you have people to play it with) this is pretty good.

The game play is basically a modern rainbow 6 las vegas style if you care alot about gunplay.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 17, 2016

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's fun, if not good. Has potential to be great, seems like the devs may have pulled their heads from their asses. Who knows though. I'll keep playing until something else grabs me. There's not many fun 4 man coop shoot man games and payday 2 is tired for me now.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Alchenar posted:

There's some console players that are still around for the long-haul.
For everyone else, the game is an exceedingly shallow cover shooter that isn't a cover shooter when it's PvP.

The first major DLC piece looks like 80% reused assets as well.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

"reused assets" is something people use to complain about when they want to complain about something. Fallout New Vegas was amazing and that game was mostly reused assets.

the DLC is going to be randomized dungeons and if they pull that off well it will probably be the best thing added to the game so far.

you are right about the PVP. I think a lot of the weapon balancing and new stuff it to try and force people to use cover in PVP more often, but we'll have to see about that

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-255947-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

tl;dr: in 1.3 everyone gets a new gear set, DLC gets 4 exclusives and the new incursion. Frontline set confirmed NOT in 1.3 and stats/perks of all the new sets are subject to change, etc.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Kesper North posted:

My opinion is that it was horrible and it should not have happened, and that change is needed. I held the same opinion before the incident as well. Yes, I am an avid shooter and poster in TFR, yes, I own a gun. I am not, however, stupid or insane.

I think I and every halfway rational person in the gun community (and yes, there are some) has had to take a serious look at their own opinions. In the end, my position has not really changed from what it was before:

I am in favor of a ton of additional regulation such as deeper background checks, stricter licensing and training, insurance, frequent renewals, qualifications, and a host of other things. (I am not a policy wonk in this area; I leave figuring out those specifics to those better suited to it).

Additionally I feel it is just as important to address the need for increased funding for mental health treatment, assistance with cultural integration for new immigrants, and working with religious institutions, schools and employers to proactively identify and get help for people who are in danger of becoming extremists of any sort, whether Christian, Muslim, Pastafarian or whatever other silliness humanity has decided to weave bullshit stories around to justify bad behavior.

I also believe that mass shootings are intimately tied to the toxic nature of modern masculinity and the fact that men are having to wake up to what equality actually means, both between genders and races, and they don't know how to cope with it. The modern world increasingly forces people to work more closely together, to be more productive and to share more equally, because the consequences of what happens when we wreck that balance are so vast (megadeaths rather than decimations). This conflicts with the whole evolutionary goal set of the human male brain and endocrine system, let alone the cultural institution of masculinity, both of which emphasize small-scale tribalism, fear of the Other, encourage violence to settle disputes, punish displays of vulnerability and emotion, and generally drive men to seek victory through dominance and brute force. Men tend not to be good at articulating themselves or what they need; they lash out instinctively when they've had enough. It's an epidemic that I think the psychological profession is only just waking up to, and we need to do more research to figure out how the hell we're going to normalize this. Because until then, we're going to have a lot of angry white guys with guns because...

I believe an outright ban on semiautomatic weapons is futile, because the portion of America that is voting for Trump is eager to turn this into a hill to die on for this election season. He can take this and use it to say "Look at all these libtards who want to take your guns away" and whip them into a frenzy, and I'm honestly scared about how bad it could get. Like, I think we're genuinely at a cultural place where a critical mass of people, mostly middle or upper class, mostly educated, and mostly employed, would be OK with a semiauto ban for the first time in US history. But I still don't think that we could go through with it because the mostly poor, uneducated, unemployed, rural people who feel they would have the most to lose by giving up their precious Second Amendment rights would start taking up those arms and fighting back. I really believe it could result in a second American civil war, and that scares the poo poo out of me. Because I think those people are crazy, the ones who would kill to defend their right to own the guns they are using to kill other Americans with. And not just about guns, about a whole lot of things relating to immigrants and race and homosexuality and our overall right to individual self-determination with respect to one's own body, not to mention not perverting science in the name of rhetoric. There is a whole slice of this country which is straight up bugnuts, and it's too loving late to ban them now, because it's too ingrained. Twenty years ago it might have been possible. Maybe even until Sandy Hook. But after Sandy Hook, people really started stockpiling, in anticipation of a ban. Guns, ammunition, parts, you name it. This is a dozen or a hundred Waco compounds just waiting to happen. The principle of least harm forces me to at least ask: would a ban actually kill more people than it would save?

I don't know. I hope someone figures it out.

But even leaving the stockpile problem aside - the AR-15, the AK-47, these are not complicated machines. They are literally open-source guns; the designs are in the public domain. That's why they've proliferated so widely, or at least part of the reason. It doesn't take Tony Stark to make more. And as 3D printers, CNC mills and laser sinters get cheaper and more common, I start thinking about how drug prohibition is falling out of favor and how cartels and organized crime may need to turn to new business models. Such as turning a chop shop into a black market arms factory in a matter of days for less than the cost of a brick of heroin. And even without the high-tech stuff, Sten guns and Thompson SMGs are just made out of wood and stamped metal; you don't even need a complicated machine shop to make those.

The people who want these guns won't go away, with a ban. They'll just get angry, and creative.

The alternative is making this a generational shift, like the march to civil rights or gay marriage. This is a watershed moment in that shift, and we need to make the most of it, but I don't think we will get there in the near future. And definitely not before the election, or even before the end of the next Presidential term. This is the sort of thing where you have to wait for all the kids who grew up learning from their Dad to shoot and have fond memories of all that, and who kept on doing it, and who associated killing machines with family fun - kids like me - to die off.

And teach the young ones better.

Make sense? :P

Without these guns how would I kill janitors in fireman outfits?

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

So, I finally got an MP7 and it's pretty rad.

Brutal 24.5% / Accurate 43% / Ferocious 18%

It's stupid with a rate of fire magazine, though. 1300 ROF is insane.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Insert name here posted:

The 4-piece set that gives you infinite consumables sounded pretty already but it just occurred to me that it gives infinite incendiary/explosive bullets. Can't wait to spam the gently caress out of those for the half a week before the set gets nerfed.

Keep it like it is I say.

I bet it won't give you the bullets, just the other consumables. There's a new set dedicated to fire and incendiary bullets too so that would prevent overlap. Personally, I'm excited for the flashbang set. Flashbangs are already the best CC and they showed that one rifle that gets a bonus damage talent vs enemies that are flashbanged.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Infidelicious posted:

So, I finally got an MP7 and it's pretty rad.

Brutal 24.5% / Accurate 43% / Ferocious 18%

It's stupid with a rate of fire magazine, though. 1300 ROF is insane.

Yes, I usually use a +weapon damage/ammo clip on mine for that reason.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Brine posted:

Yes, I usually use a +weapon damage/ammo clip on mine for that reason.

What's the recoil like on an MP7? My Accurate Vector is pretty drat stable but my Aug has kick to it even after stability mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Tagichatn posted:

I bet it won't give you the bullets, just the other consumables. There's a new set dedicated to fire and incendiary bullets too so that would prevent overlap. Personally, I'm excited for the flashbang set. Flashbangs are already the best CC and they showed that one rifle that gets a bonus damage talent vs enemies that are flashbanged.
The description on the set bonus actually specifies "consumable and special ammo" so yeah. Of course it's possible they might just change it before it does live.

• Locked thread