Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

GobiasIndustries posted:

Serious question, where does he 'pop up outside of sa', just Brietbart? I have literally never heard of him other than my brother complaining about Gamergate and here, and I basically mute my brother when it comes to Gamergate.

he's popped up on my facebook feed from idiot friend-of-friends posting 'haha watch this guy OWN these feminazis'

also just search google news for his name. he's spreading pretty quickly amongst the usual suspects like theblaze et. al

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Montasque posted:

Andrew Sullivan never did this:

If there wasn't a line of guys doing blow off of Sullivan's cock in some corner of the New Republic offices back in '88 I'd be pretty surprised and disappointed.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
make money from alt-right shitbags while poisoning national discourse and getting tons of attention with this one weird trick discovered by a failed writer / college dropout / failed theater critic / failed scumbag entrepreneur! libtards hate him!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

DrPlump posted:

Do the polls even matter at this point. It is one thing to spend money when the other person is doing the same. She is flooding airwaves with ads that people will forget in days months before the election just to make some meaningless mid-summer nights polls move to feel better about herself. I don't think flooding the airwaves with trump memes is going to go the way she plans. At some point people will tire of Trump and Hillary will be the one that keeps forcing him upon us.

the paradigm shift posted:

so you think Hillary airing constant attack ads will hurt? I don't think past campaigns bear this out.

WTF are you guys talking about? Trump is tanking in the polling, raising hardly any money, has hardly any time to pivot nor apparently any desire to do so, his campaign is a trainwreck and Hillary has barely started to hit him on his dumpster fire of issues that have already alienated him from most of the electorate.

It's a possibility but something pretty much cataclysmic has to happen to Clinton at this point for her to not spend a billion dollars kicking Trump when he is already being buried in legitimately negative press for her to lose.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Defiance posted:

Milo is just a reheated Andrew Sullivan for the millennials, absent the journalistic standards that made Sullivan readable.

Sullivan had a point at which his conscience kicked in and he said "no" -- torture, for example. Milo doesn't seem to.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Necc0 posted:

make money from alt-right shitbags while poisoning national discourse and getting tons of attention with this one weird trick discovered by a failed writer / college dropout / failed theater critic / failed scumbag entrepreneur! libtards hate him!

Most of Milo's draw is that he's a pretty decent provocateur and the people that show up to protest him are almost uniformly complete assholes themselves and only 'prove' Milo's points for him. Peaceful non-violent protest that humiliates with calmness is a lost art apparently.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I'm a big fan of a good ol British pie in the face myself

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Al! posted:

no, no that's political violence

why are you still going on about how nobody knows how to do nonviolent protests notastep? lots of protests happen around the country that are perfectly peaceable.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Milo's pretty great. An outrageously gay Jew being the face of the pseudo-fascist alt right will never stop being funny.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Bryter posted:

Milo's pretty great. An outrageously gay Jew being the face of the pseudo-fascist alt right will never stop being funny.

and british, don't forget that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_been_pied

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

so you think Hillary airing constant attack ads will hurt? I don't think past campaigns bear this out.

Well then riddle me this. Why isn't she running attack ads against 3rd party candidates? I think the Johnson has more money on hand than Trump at this point.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

DrPlump posted:

Well then riddle me this. Why isn't she running attack ads against 3rd party candidates? I think the Johnson has more money on hand than Trump at this point.

lmao. because that would be dumb as gently caress

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

why are you still going on about how nobody knows how to do nonviolent protests notastep? lots of protests happen around the country that are perfectly peaceable.

Im talking about in regards to Milo, not in general. Milo goes after college campuses where he knows emotions run high and kids get antsy so he can always look cool and collected next to a screaming minority. Hes a troll.

Al! posted:

This would be hilarious and an appropriate response. Alas, it would require planning and foresight and its not serious business enough so I doubt it will be used against Milo.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

DrPlump posted:

uhhh source your quotes?

honestly no way you thought of this dumb post on your own dude

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Sullivan had a point at which his conscience kicked in and he said "no" -- torture, for example. Milo doesn't seem to.
Sullivan would go off the deep end on the Sarah Palin baby thing or "just asking questions" about race and IQ despite getting demolished over and over again. But I got to give it to Sullivan because his books helped get me out of the closet. A big point of his was the closet being evil and that being gay was a positively good thing. He may have saved my life, actually.

Milo, on the other hand:

quote:

Forcing gays back into the closet also solves the problem of what happens to children when they have two dads or two moms. Children raised in gay households are more likely to suffer mental problems, more likely to end up gay themselves and, if raised by lesbians, almost certain to witness domestic abuse.

The good news is that gay rights are in the minority, globally speaking. China, India and most of all Russia proudly celebrate the importance of the nuclear family.

You can hardly blame them. Online photo blogs from San Francisco’s notorious Folsom Street Fair will do nothing to dispel Vladimir Putin’s hunch that the west has become a decadent mess. Frankly, I would have been less ashamed to be gay in the days when being gay was something to be ashamed of. Gays were classier when they were worried about being queer-bashed.
I would advise not to protest his events because he is a troll but goddamn, I want to punch him! He should go live as gay in India, if he wants to experience what it's like, and get gang-raped for it because that's what happens there. I can introduce him to someone from there who can tell him about it. Milo is appalling.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 17, 2016

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
I think a lot of you guys may be remembering latter-day View From Your Window Sullivan rather than Live in Fear of the Liberal Fifth Column Sullivan, but even I agree that Milo is much trashier.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Wikkheiser posted:

Sullivan would go off the deep end on the Sarah Palin baby thing or "just asking questions" about race and IQ despite getting demolished over and over again. But I got to give it to Sullivan because his books helped get me out of the closet. A big point of his was the closet being evil and that being gay was a positively good thing. He may have saved my life, actually.

Milo, on the other hand:

I would advise not to protest his events because he is a troll but goddamn, I want to punch him! He should go live as gay in India, if he wants to experience what it's like, and get gang-raped for it because that's what happens there.

This is the insidiousness of Milo. He is so offensive that his presence goads people into violence and hysterics, which of course makes him look cool and collected by comparison. And his people love him for the rage he inspires in others. He's really very good at it, like a reverse Daily Show segment from its peaked times a hundred.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Not a Step posted:

This is the insidiousness of Milo. He is so offensive that his presence goads people into violence and hysterics, which of course makes him look cool and collected by comparison. And his people love him for the rage he inspires in others. He's really very good at it, like a reverse Daily Show segment from its peaked times a hundred.
Oh, I know. I know.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Over the next 5 months Hillary will spend 1 billion dollars of dark money from wall street and the 1 percent to attack Donald Trump. She will not promote herself or her message because people hate it. By the end of this everyone will know about Donald Trump.

Trump will slowly spend 2.5 million on jet fuel flying back and forth from New York for the next 5 months promoting his news network Trump.news

Not a Step posted:

It is what happens when the right finally figures the whole "daily show" angle of politics and jams it into 1000th gear.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Serious question, where does he 'pop up outside of sa', just Brietbart? I have literally never heard of him other than my brother complaining about Gamergate and here, and I basically mute my brother when it comes to Gamergate.

This is a fairly good piece from just as he was breaking into the alt-right mainstream.

http://fusion.net/story/220646/the-terrifying-allure-of-gamergate-icon-milo-yiannopoulos/

quote:

In Yiannopoulos, it seems impossible to separate the man from the mythology, and really it’s not clear whether there is much separation anymore. Years ago, he tells me, he used to keep part of himself hidden away from public view, worried about whether others would like him.

“I didn’t like me very much and so I created this comedy character,” he says. “And now they’ve converged.”

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

dark money

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
He isn't really doing much Ann Coulter or her imitators didn't do, he's just a much better fit for trolling in 2016 than they are.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I'm that guy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wow racist

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The one with the gun or the one with the flowers?

I'm the guy in camo pants and a black shirt. HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

Wow racist

Look all I am trying to say is that money comes from Super PACs. Dark Super PACs. Black Super PACs. They are no good dirty nasty Super PACs. They are rapist.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i wish mike huckabee would just go off on a hike of the appalachian trail and never return to public life. but alas, he has returned to his default as a fat stupid rear end in a top hat.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

DrPlump posted:

Look all I am trying to say is that money comes from Super PACs. Dark Super PACs. Black Super PACs. They are no good dirty nasty Super PACs. They are rapist.

some, i assume, are good superPACs

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mirthless posted:

Here's a challenge: which one's Julian Castro, and which one is Edgar, the cockroach alien from Men in Black?

And no google image searching! That's cheating!

extra puncheable face

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shiksa posted:

i wish mike huckabee would just go off on a hike of the appalachian trail and never return to public life. but alas, he has returned to his default as a fat stupid rear end in a top hat.

savage

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lum_ posted:

This is a fairly good piece from just as he was breaking into the alt-right mainstream.

http://fusion.net/story/220646/the-terrifying-allure-of-gamergate-icon-milo-yiannopoulos/

does he talk like an anime villain all the time or just during interviews

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

extra puncheable face

Second most punchable face in this election after Cruz (followed by Trump himself).

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DrPlump posted:

Do the polls even matter at this point. It is one thing to spend money when the other person is doing the same. She is flooding airwaves with ads that people will forget in days months before the election just to make some meaningless mid-summer nights polls move to feel better about herself. I don't think flooding the airwaves with trump memes is going to go the way she plans. At some point people will tire of Trump and Hillary will be the one that keeps forcing him upon us.

Individual polls don't matter a whole hell of a lot but trends do. The fact that Trump is trending so badly in so many areas means that he has to work to stanch the bleeding instead of sharpening attacks on Hillary or building his path to victory. He doesn't seem to have the kind of money or organization to really efficiently do either of those jobs, so he either has to really change the way that he's operating or he'll fall further and further behind.

I don't see him changing.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

What the Trump site's recommended articles look like:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Shageletic posted:

This man caused the lieutenant Governor of Missouri to kill himself by spreading rumors of him being Jewish

good

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeroisanumber posted:

Individual polls don't matter a whole hell of a lot but trends do. The fact that Trump is trending so badly in so many areas means that he has to work to stanch the bleeding instead of sharpening attacks on Hillary or building his path to victory. He doesn't seem to have the kind of money or organization to really efficiently do either of those jobs, so he either has to really change the way that he's operating or he'll fall further and further behind.

He doesn't need to change. Hillary will change first. If Trump starts polling below Gary Johnson I bet Hillary will stop running ads against him.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Jewel Repetition posted:

What the Trump site's recommended articles look like:

What more do you need to understand today's world?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Zeroisanumber posted:

offense puts butts in the seats, defense wins championships. hillary's basically all offense at the moment, but only because her opponent can't seem to put up anything to defend against.

DrPlump posted:

He doesn't need to change. Hillary will change first. If Trump starts polling below Gary Johnson I bet Hillary will stop running ads against him.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

DrPlump posted:

this is a weird gimmick

• Locked thread