Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
So... How does the Biker deck interact with Frenzy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LuciferMorningstar posted:

So... How does the Biker deck interact with Frenzy?

I assume it's an immediate and permenant 7 seconds off of the cooldown, cause it doesn't reduce max HP, it just locks it to 30%, so combined with some good or mild armor, might be a really good perk deck.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
I noticed the Sketchfab link on the website: https://sketchfab.com/payday2

The masks look nice (Sydney's got a staff pick) and the guns are super detailed, but I'm bummed they have not allowed downloading on any of the models.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Dr Cheeto posted:

On the rafters in the bar.

Or in the shelves directly above the bar.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
What's the end-all-be-all way to deal with SWAT Turrets?

Also the new shotgun is insanely good. I can ding targets 40m away with Dragons Breath with zero issues.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Avoidance.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

ace swan song, stand in front of it with a minigun, flamethrower, or akimbo bernettis, guaranteed to work all the time, 20% of the time

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is dragons breath good now? Also I want that skull helmet.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

An LMG with the bipod deployed has basically no recoil. Outside of like maybe Death Wish, that will shut down turrets real fast.

Swan Song is always handy, but may or may not be necessary based on cover, regenerating health, and what the gently caress ever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

hup posted:

Is dragons breath good now? Also I want that skull helmet.

OVERKILL works with dragons breath, so yes

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Even without Overkill it's pretty good (or at least fun).

Soral
May 30, 2009

the turret that drives alongside the train in the new heist is an rear end in a top hat

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Am I imagining things or did they make it to where ammo bags also refill cable ties?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
DLC Trip Report: Robbing a moving train is as great as expected, angry old man Ron Perlman telling snipers to suck his dick good is as great as expected, flip-cocking is as great as expected but only happens for dry reloads which is disappointing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I can't hear any of the new tracks. It just plays silence. Verified the game cache, still nothin'.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Wintermutant posted:

Am I imagining things or did they make it to where ammo bags also refill cable ties?

Cable ties seem to be multiply for some reason. I notice everyone gets a cable tie back if a cop unties a hostage, you can end up with 36 cable ties between the whole team.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
There's a small chance of picking up a cable tie when you pick up ammo boxes.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

I was unaware of that. :shobon: I didn't play a lot in the months preceding the skill revamp.

It doesn't seem like it comes in that handy anywhere else but the bank heists.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Breaker 12g he report: :supaburn: :wtf: :supaburn:

Its really good you guys.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BillmasterCozb posted:

I can't hear any of the new tracks. It just plays silence. Verified the game cache, still nothin'.

They're mixed incredibly softly so it could be they are just drowned out by the rest of the yelling and shooting and whatnot

all achievements done on DW :shepface:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
My sound in general seems a bit quieter in Payday 2, the voices and music are quieter but the guns are still loud but maybe also a bit muted. I can't really describe it but one of my buddies also said that her game sounded weird.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Chain whip is extremely mediocre.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I blame its speed and weird wind up animation. I'd rather have a quick lash and if I hold it then it tries to spin it around or something, but when I tap the melee button I should just swing my arm with the chain.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Crabtree posted:

I blame its speed and weird wind up animation. I'd rather have a quick lash and if I hold it then it tries to spin it around or something, but when I tap the melee button I should just swing my arm with the chain.

Yeah. It has good damage (like the katana), but it's slow, has low range, and lacks concealment. Katana or ice pick are better choices.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Psion posted:

They're mixed incredibly softly so it could be they are just drowned out by the rest of the yelling and shooting and whatnot

No, this is straight up just not working. Everything else is perfectly fine (Softer than usual, but fine), but the two new songs just don't work. And the bundle modder seems to be hosed up temporarily for other people too, so I can't disable PDMods to see if they're the issue

You're mediocre.

Anyways, this new shotgun is the absolute best. At first with dragon breath rounds, I thought that 19 shells wasn't too good, but then I found out that if a whole room of cops is set on fire, and they all die immediately, do you really need more than 19 shells?

I tested out the range and reload times of it - range is just loving unbelievable (this was without Far Away), and the reload speed is pretty much instant if you have Bloodthirst aced (melee kill a cop for a 50% faster reload)

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 17, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/yK0uieY.jpg][/timg]

pisssssssssssss

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Klaus88 posted:

Breaker 12g he report: :supaburn: :wtf: :supaburn:

Its really good you guys.

Except for the ammo, you're mostly right.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Thoughts on Biker Heist:

Outside of the horrible hitboxes of the Motorcycles, which I'm very glad OVERKILL didn't bother making a race achievement or whatever for day one or around that, it feels like a more cohesive Goat Simulator. It's wacky and doesn't hide having you go after weird loot or fighting in something new, but like Goat Simulator, its pushing boundaries from what we've seen from most heists and I appreciate it. But not some of its RNG if you're trying to get Let the Man Work as I don't like having his truck park itself right under a spawn location. But I guess that's what turret builds are for now.

The turrets on day 2 are odd sometimes.

Besides the chopper turret being a right bastard trying to loop around where players are, it can also apparently get stuck in the far back of the map?

Secret Items are a little frustrating, but that's what happens when we're still learning things.

I was happy when I found this by accident, but so far haven't seen it since in my other runs. Makes me really worried it has a horrible RNG too. Or worse, it can be destroyed like other beer bottles due to random gangster fire at the start of the heist. :(

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
What's with that vault door in the Biker heist? Is it an RNG objective?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Geight posted:

What's with that vault door in the Biker heist? Is it an RNG objective?

Yes. The mechanic can ask you to do several tasks for him, including blowtorching a door and drilling a safe (in the clubhouse), getting into the garage (for two different things iirc), going into the bunker, looking through the front of the garage for tools in toolboxes, etc etc

so the bunker is one of many RNG locations for the heist. I dig it; it's really a good day.

day 2 is very silly.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Outside of the horrible hitboxes of the Motorcycles

The driving is awful. If you get the setup where they're parked farther from the escape route, facing toward the building, it's just dreadful. Doable, sure, but on DW, you're going to take a shitload of damage trying to get the bikes turned around. It's probably better to just ride Rust's bike out and have the other three run.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

The driving is awful. If you get the setup where they're parked farther from the escape route, facing toward the building, it's just dreadful. Doable, sure, but on DW, you're going to take a shitload of damage trying to get the bikes turned around. It's probably better to just ride Rust's bike out and have the other three run.

Pretty much this. Both times we beat day 1, the host drove the bike out, while the other members shot cops to guarantee the escape. Do we know if the assault wave that spawns with the bike being completed is infinate?

Day 2 is a complete clusterfuck on DW, and the final boss has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much health.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Sucks to hear that. Same thing for butterfly knife. They both look so cool.

Thankfully the machete exists.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT14Q3LTuM4

Rust's Pager Lines. :swoon:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crabtree posted:

Secret Items are a little frustrating, but that's what happens when we're still learning things.

I was happy when I found this by accident, but so far haven't seen it since in my other runs. Makes me really worried it has a horrible RNG too. Or worse, it can be destroyed like other beer bottles due to random gangster fire at the start of the heist. :(

It's got a random location. I've also seen it in the rafters and in the vantage point. I suspect there's also a location it can spawn in the bunker.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

"You guys seen Hellboy?"

JESUS CHRIST

Edit: Yeah, these lines were good let's say.

widespread fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 17, 2016

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

He has more lines than that - I heard ask control if he wanted to play dungeons and dragons with him and the guys. They needed a cleric.

also this is obviously DLC of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY1HYmqZLyg

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Sentry Guns are pretty loving insane.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

clockworkjoe posted:

He has more lines than that - I heard ask control if he wanted to play dungeons and dragons with him and the guys. They needed a cleric.

First pager response I heard in-game was "Sorry control, I was going to eat a bite of my sandwich and bit the radio instead." :haw:

Rust and Dragan have some of my favourite lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

clockworkjoe posted:

also this is obviously DLC of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY1HYmqZLyg

Same thing happened to us with Rust's bike during pro DW. The lovely driving is just great. :allears: