Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165355717/lemmon-glass-cartoon-manga-australia/description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Smythe posted:

sexy logans run woman....................................................................... :jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;:jackbud;

hmm, this sounds like it mnight be objectridying.... better report it just to be safe

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Did he ever explain where the extra M came from?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
its dedicated in memory of Jack Lemmon

atmz
Jan 5, 2005

lurk lurk lurk
Indiegogo is cheating, but: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/breathe-world-s-smallest-wearable-air-purifier#/

Highlights:
- giant grid of blogs which almost certainly have *not* written about this thing
- above list includes things like Joystiq, which no longer exists
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT - Breathe remarkably reduces the chances of getting sick by 75%

Fully funded.

Edit: "We have reached our initial funding goal, help us hit our stretch goal and we'll give all of our backers 1 year warranty." lol

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Anyone who falls for any project run on IndieGogo deserves to be scammed at this point

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Someone in the comments accused it of potentially being a scam because they didn't show it working in the video with the dock station

because THAT'S the implausible part of the pitch

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

i love a good dock pounding

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

we missed a good one he backed

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

:heysexy:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

1 backer for $1 and he expects $50k in 8 days. Oh dear

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

quote:

Having now seen Pacific Rim it gave me the inspiration and strength to get back into what I love

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://kotaku.com/the-mighty-no-9-k...dium=Socialflow

after a year of delays so the devs could run another Kickstarter for another game they're making their magnum opus is out

quote:

Mighty No. 9 is finally out. Yet, it looks like some of the people who made it all happen are having difficulty getting their download codes or simply figuring out what exactly is going on.

Over 67,000 backers contributed a total of $3.8 million to fund this project.

After numerous delays, as the clock rolled over to the game’s June 21 release, backers flooded the game’s Kickstarter page saying they hadn’t yet received their codes. Or if they did get them, the code was for the wrong platform or didn’t work.

it crashes every 10 minutes on the wiiu and the 360 version can't pass MS' review process so it's still not out

Oh and the reviews are in and it sucks, another Kickstarter success

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

more like a mighty number 2 :nexus:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
idgi

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/basslet/the-basslet-a-wearable-subwoofer-for-your-body

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

if you put it on your taint, maybe it gives you a prostate massage

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

company 80 brand/marking 10% engineers 10% developers

lmao

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

more like a mighty number 2 :nexus:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i freaking love review scores with decimal points

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lmao i just watched a video of it and it looks like a beta of a 2006 ps3 game, god that fire effect is so bad

how did they get a game to look this lovely this year

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 21, 2016

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

post a video of it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

GameCube posted:

post a video of it.
let the lomarf wash over you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHmyNBxgE38

i just looked again and it's somehow even uglier than i remembered from 5 minutes ago

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Let's do an exercise, and I want you to to really take a look at how beautiful the artwork of this game is, first. Okay, ready? Imagine, of your own personal design, a sky fortress. Imagine it floating in the air, with cannons surrounding its exterior. It looks kind of cool in your mind's eye, right? Well snap back to reality and stop right there at the concept. Don't bother to fill in all the little details -- don't think of what metal the walls are made out of, what color they are, and what types of bullets rain down from those cannons. That's basically how the development team handled Mighty No. 9's visuals in the limited Unreal Engine 3, which has since been replaced by Unreal 4 -- at least how it's optimized here.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

at least everybody has learned not to fund video game kickstarters now, right? no more video game kickstarters?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

GameCube posted:

at least everybody has learned not to fund video game kickstarters now, right? no more video game kickstarters?
hahahaha

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

how else will you know it's .1 better than a 5.5 game???

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's kind of necessary when general score inflation means everything scores between an 8 and a 10

it's the same reason i have to condense every possible student outcome from "you did a lovely job, but just good enough to not have to repeat the class" and "literally perfect" into a range of 30 points

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
decimals and 100 point scales also help jockey for metacritic position (so your review comes first), like 7.1 / 71 in a field of sevens.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GameCube posted:

I backed both shantae and Barkley 2. Also dujanah but that looks really good and it's a small game from a dude who makes good small games

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

A Yolo Wizard posted:

I backed both shantae and Barkley 2. Also dujanah but that looks really good and it's a small game from a dude who makes good small games

lol u dumb

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have a cyber dwarf pillow now though

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Literally no idea why I backed shantae though

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Literally no idea why I backed shantae though
because shantae is one of those Most Underrated Games like beyond good and evil or ico and you bought the internet hype

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 22, 2016

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
does anyone have that sonic tweet about anime virgins where sonic is running away from the explosion that looks like pizza?

i thought it was supposed to be a pizza in the background until i saw the source. how do you make fire look that bad?

edit
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/735638491636195328

pizza

Gus Hobbleton fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 22, 2016

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i miss @BrandsSayingBae

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Gus Hobbleton posted:

does anyone have that sonic tweet about anime virgins where sonic is running away from the explosion that looks like pizza?

i thought it was supposed to be a pizza in the background until i saw the source. how do you make fire look that bad?

edit

pizza

yeah that's making fun of a mighty no 9 promo image that had really lovely fire. it actually is pizza in the sonic one though

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

GameCube posted:

i miss @BrandsSayingBae

is the account dead? i just saw it mentioned on a blog post my employer posted about if you should use memes or not in your marketing (the tl;dr was "no, not unless you are going to hire a good writer/comedian, see @BrandsSayingBae for why you will look out of touch otherwise")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Gus Hobbleton posted:

edit

pizza
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/745311041987371008

fishmech posted:

yeah that's making fun of a mighty no 9 promo image that had really lovely fire. it actually is pizza in the sonic one though
no fishmech it's the thumbnail for the horrible trailer they made and the prom night thing is in reference to the video also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 22, 2016

• Locked thread