Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
a platinum made SK game with the full roster playable...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I would buy multiple copies.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

How is Superbeat Xonic? I love music games and its on sale this week.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Suicide Pacmen posted:

hell, i'd play a sk game with mechanical depth

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ceramics posted:

It's fun with a pretty diverse selection of tracks, don't get used to the touch controls though they're not good enough for the higher difficulties.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ceramics posted:

It's a lot of fun, with a great tracklist and a nice dripfeed of unlocks, but personally, I don't find it too engaging until you unlock 6trax FX. And unfortunately, it ties difficulty to mode, so it can get real evil real fast if you like that. Though I guess the alternative would involve having to do like four times more work to have extra notesheets so it's probably unreasonable.

You can totally play it with touchscreen though, it's just kind of crazy to try.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Suicide Pacmen posted:

Would actually make me buy it.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Hot Shots Golf is so loving hard!!!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

El Hefe posted:

Hot Shots Golf is so loving hard!!!

Seriously, the difficulty spike is crazy. I really wanted more, but I couldn't get good.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'm up to silver rank at the Legacy of Golf Links and I can't even beat it on easy mode lol

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got the platinum trophy in Super Meat Boy but getting all the crowns in Everybody's Golf was too much for me

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i bought superbeat xonic and it's made me feel nostalgic for the early mid-2000s, downloading awful dance music to play in stepmania.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i bought superbeat xonic and it's made me feel nostalgic for the early mid-2000s, downloading awful dance music to play in stepmania.

same

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

will new miku have Hello, Planet in it

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atlus is localizing Caligula as a PSN exclusive for next Spring.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE NEXT MIND ZERO

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

that game looks like rear end

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's a lot of fun, with a great tracklist and a nice dripfeed of unlocks, but personally, I don't find it too engaging until you unlock 6trax FX. And unfortunately, it ties difficulty to mode, so it can get real evil real fast if you like that. Though I guess the alternative would involve having to do like four times more work to have extra notesheets so it's probably unreasonable.

You can totally play it with touchscreen though, it's just kind of crazy to try.

Looks like an average day in Deemo if you ask me.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Super No Vacancy posted:

will new miku have Hello, Planet in it

That's not on Diva X if that's the game you are asking. It's on Mirai on the 3DS, though.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of rhythm games on the vita, I'm a fan and was wondering if I've missed any. Here's the ones I do have/have played:

Deemo Last recital
Superbeat Sonic
Project Diva f 1 & 2
Taiko no Tatsujin V
Lumines
IA/VT Colorful

Am I missing any good rhythm games? I know I don't have project diva x but I'm waiting on the European release.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some people don't like it but I love Persona 4 Dancing All Night (I mostly skipped through the visual novel stuff though)

I guess I don't know how into it someone would be if they've never played P4 though

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

There's Miracle Girls Festival, which uses the Project Diva engine, but with anime songs.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Some people don't like it but I love Persona 4 Dancing All Night (I mostly skipped through the visual novel stuff though)

I guess I don't know how into it someone would be if they've never played P4 though

it's never going on sale is it??? I wanna get it

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Zas posted:

it's never going on sale is it??? I wanna get it

Was ~just~ on sale at Best Buy for $20/$16 for the regular and $40/$32 for the CE

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
DAN has been 50% off on EU PSN at least a couple of times since its release, so I imagine it's the same for NA.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I actually didn't bother clicking because it was Atlus, but I just learned that apparently they are also releasing Caligula in Europe? Around the same time as the NA release, too? I imagine this is more due to Furyu pressuring them for a simultaneous release than Atlus USA finally realizing that Europe wasn't Canada and that they hadn't been releasing games here after all.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tamba posted:

There's Miracle Girls Festival, which uses the Project Diva engine, but with anime songs.

that's never going to leave japan is it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

I actually didn't bother clicking because it was Atlus, but I just learned that apparently they are also releasing Caligula in Europe? Around the same time as the NA release, too? I imagine this is more due to Furyu pressuring them for a simultaneous release than Atlus USA finally realizing that Europe wasn't Canada and that they hadn't been releasing games here after all.

Yeah I was about to moan as usual til I saw Europe too.

Shame it's not a game that actually looks good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

that's never going to leave japan is it?

Of course not, there's tons of licensing poo poo that would need to be sorted for basically no profit. Just import it.

Sakurazuka posted:

Shame it's not a game that actually looks good.

Eh, I'd withhold judgement until it actually releases in Japan. It's got a good writer working on it at least.

vvvv jesus, look at this nerd.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 17, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Cool. Still going to import it because I love some FuRyu kusoge.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Knew I forgot to write something! I have that one and enjoy it for what it is.

Tamba posted:

Never heard of this one though. Thanks! I'll look into that.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh and don't forget Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!

Actually, do forget Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I did, but you brought it up.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hack your Vita, and play StepMania on the PSP side.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

13/f/cali posted:

Oh and don't forget Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!

Actually, do forget Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit.

I know about that but I specifically asked if I was missing any good rhythm games :v:.

Takoluka posted:

Hack your Vita, and play StepMania on the PSP side.

Since I have a PSP, I'm guessing it would be easier to just grab the PSP version, right?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do the Bit.Trip Runner games count?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

I'm pretty much the only one here who ever mentions it, but there's also DJ Max Technika Tune, a portable 3 lane version of the DJ Max arcade game Technika.

It's purely a Touch Screen game. There is Rear Touch functionality, but you should disable it first thing. It's kinda unwieldy, and also makes the game play differently from the arcade game (Repeat Notes and Hold Notes map to the Rear Touch for or Tune. When disabled, all notes are hit on the main Touch Screen.).

The main problem is that the game never goes on sale digitally, and the copies on Amazon are from 3rd Party Sellers. It didn't really get a large print run either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."

Nyeehg posted:

Speaking of rhythm games on the vita, I'm a fan and was wondering if I've missed any. Here's the ones I do have/have played:

Deemo Last recital
Superbeat Sonic
Project Diva f 1 & 2
Taiko no Tatsujin V
Lumines
IA/VT Colorful

Am I missing any good rhythm games? I know I don't have project diva x but I'm waiting on the European release.

I think you could play Pop'n Music Portable 2 on Vita, but if you have a PSP as well, I'd play it on that. Both of the Pop'n Portables have large, varied songlists and are very challenging.