Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Vapors. Don't let him live down that shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I can't wait to see Psylocke's free travel power in action

Which is to say it'll be a momentous occasion to see someone playing Psylocke

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I like Mom but it probably wasn't me.

A return to the dark times of 9 pubbies trying poorly not to die right next to the cosmic Sinister 6 as their HP spikes, please... Mr Gaz no.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Don't worry, it wasn't you. Soothing Vapors is the one who wants to get his toxic masculinity all over invisimom.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Looks like the jungle queen still has the king's ear, rip trial of the century.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

DVa's pretty young. We try not to sexualize her

Just when I think you are a lost cause... you drop one of these gems.

I imagine ICR is like a white Abed...

and DP is Shirley.

edit: I am fat Neil.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Worldstones are gone and the Odin boxes are here, uh, to be relevant as 6 slices a boss makes them. If only Omega files dropped as plentiful as those goddamn Worldstones.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

If we're reserving Community characters, I'd like to be Kickpuncher please. Thank you.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

ransome posted:

taskmaster gets web swing

I always liked that travel power when leveling spicy and dd so maybe I will get him to 60 next.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ransome posted:

taskmaster gets web swing

How did that get past Marvel? It's canon that while Taskmaster knows how to web swing, the one time he tried it he dislocated his shoulder because he doesn't have Spidey's super strength.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He's also done it successfully and way crazier poo poo in other books. It's entirely likely no one working at marvels' games are aware of that comic. Or care.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

You still believe in Marvel Approvals Guy? How exactly do you think one man can approve all the heroes in all the households in the world on Christmas Eve.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Wait, so they're seriously killing off the cosmic trial?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I can't do cosmic trial on a well geared Cyclops and it makes me sad

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Gilok posted:

I can't do cosmic trial on a well geared Cyclops and it makes me sad

Yeah my fiance is trying to get him through, she can face tank pretty much the whole thing but she hits the timer because of dps. I am working silver man through it right now, I think I am 2 Hellas and 1 level on my artifact to getting it. If they do remove I hope I can get past it before they do.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

How did that get past Marvel? It's canon that while Taskmaster knows how to web swing, the one time he tried it he dislocated his shoulder because he doesn't have Spidey's super strength.

Taskmaster can Spidey-swing in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. :colbert:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Soothing Vapors posted:

DVa's pretty young. We try not to sexualize her

They should change her weakspot from face to her butt. Just saying.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
My Cyclops used to do red Sutur raids no problem. Cosmic trial? He sort of pops like a balloon in a pit of angry kittens. I've only gotten Cap'n Hydra and Silver Stoner through it of the handful of people I've tried. Juggernaut wasn't able to do enough damage in time, but I also hadn't played him in short of 2 years.

Okay, so this event is Odin+Omega Files, but I've seen maybe 6x10 omega files. The Odin chests seem to be dropping by the handful at least. However at this rate I'll never have the patience for the Colson TU. I'm like 600 short and getting maybe 30/hr. If not less.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:

a big fat bunny posted:

Wait, so they're seriously killing off the cosmic trial?

What is this true? Why? How will I know I'm still streets ahead of the average pubbie? Streets!

The trial actually has been fun trying to get garbo heroes through. I better work on squirrel gal.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Therapist posted:

What is this true? Why? How will I know I'm still streets ahead of the average pubbie? Streets!

The trial actually has been fun trying to get garbo heroes through. I better work on squirrel gal.

It sounds like cosmic modes will be accessible via a difficulty slider, and presumably there is nothing to stop people from playing in cosmic difficulty alongside other people who are not.

I suppose they could lock out cosmic difficulty til you pass the trial, though I'm not sure there'd be any point.

(If I ever start playing again, I will start a rumor that people not playing in cosmic difficulty are somehow loving things up for people who are. Substantially less effort than my previous plan of taking characters I've passed the cosmic trial with and AFKing naked in Cosmic Midtown.)

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Therapist posted:

Yeah, it took me a few attempts to get Dr. Doom through, so I have no right to pull a superiority complex here.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
If they get rid of Cosmic Trial, I am proud - PROUD - to say that I was able to get Wolverine through. If they shut the game down tomorrow, that will be my greatest and best moment in Marvel Heroes 2016.

I like Invisible Mom, so I'm happy to hear she's doing well. I was playing her on the Test Center last night, she looks good now cause TheDink updated her basic costume and she's fun. I was hoping for a 50% off sale this week so I could buy her and Mr. F, but alas it will have to wait a week :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

@Asros said: Update before event switch over tomorrow!

1. We'll be leaving King's County on through next week since it has been such a big hit this week. Bosses will continue to drop cake (1 per normal boss, 3 per cosmic) and have the 50% XP boost to the region! Woo!
  2. Cosmic Chaos is ending at midnight, so double cosmic loot and the cosmic leveling boost will be going away. Boo!
  3. Sales starting tomorrow at noon - Stash Sale and Boost Bonanza! Woo!
  4. Operation OMEGA starts at midnight, including 172% XP boost all week! Woo!
  5. Because we hate fun, Odin's Bounty rotation also starts at midnight, schedule links below. If we didn't hate fun, we'd turn Odin's Bounty on in every zone, but YOU SHITLORDS WILL NEVER HAVE THAT!

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/odins-bounty-operation-omega

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Kheldarn posted:

@Asros said: Update before event switch over tomorrow!

1. We'll be leaving King's County on through next week since it has been such a big hit this week. Bosses will continue to drop cake (1 per normal boss, 3 per cosmic) and have the 50% XP boost to the region! Woo!
  2. Cosmic Chaos is ending at midnight, so double cosmic loot and the cosmic leveling boost will be going away. Boo!
  3. Sales starting tomorrow at noon - Stash Sale and Boost Bonanza! Woo!
  4. Operation OMEGA starts at midnight, including 172% XP boost all week! Woo!
  5. Because we hate fun, Odin's Bounty rotation also starts at midnight, schedule links below. If we didn't hate fun, we'd turn Odin's Bounty on in every zone, but YOU SHITLORDS WILL NEVER HAVE THAT!

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/odins-bounty-operation-omega

Odin's Bounty in every zone is the last week of the anniversary.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
what is kings county?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Holyshoot posted:

what is kings county?

It's the new zone, where the good loot is at, have you not logged in recently?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So this week I just follow the event to wherever this 3 hours is? Or go insane by doing icp for hours on end. Hmm I think I might follow the Odens. I will just get cake a wee bit slower.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

what is kings county?

Kings County is the name of the county where the borough of Brooklyn, NY is. In game, they are talking about Industry City Patrol (which is based on a warehousing and manufacturing district in irl brooklyn).

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Andrigaar posted:

My Cyclops used to do red Sutur raids no problem. Cosmic trial? He sort of pops like a balloon in a pit of angry kittens. I've only gotten Cap'n Hydra and Silver Stoner through it of the handful of people I've tried. Juggernaut wasn't able to do enough damage in time, but I also hadn't played him in short of 2 years.

Okay, so this event is Odin+Omega Files, but I've seen maybe 6x10 omega files. The Odin chests seem to be dropping by the handful at least. However at this rate I'll never have the patience for the Colson TU. I'm like 600 short and getting maybe 30/hr. If not less.

The best way to get omegas is to do the daily shared quests and the 5 holosim waves per day. You don't really "grind" omegas, but you'll have well over 600 by the end of the week.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I picked up Black Cat and she's surprisingly cool and good. It's nice to finally get a revive mechanic that doesn't count as a death in every situation where dying actually matters. The cosmic trial is hilariously easy; if you somehow manage to die 9 times just pop your ult and get 9 more lives. Great damage too.

Andrigaar posted:

Omega files are actually mainly obtained through set methods. You get 30 from Coulson from doing 5 danger room waves, 30 from doing your 3 shared quests, 30 from some other thing and 10 from logging in. So you're supposed to be able to get 100 per day.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 17, 2016

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Kelp Plankton posted:

have you not logged in recently?

I just about died from the irony of that post.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Erdricks posted:

I just about died from the irony of that post.

The ghost of Erdricks would definitely log more time than Klap Ankton

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Plelp Kankton.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/ultron-hero-pack.html

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Based on all these posts about failing the cosmic trial, I am glad it is working as intended.

Please gaz keep the trial.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

New Marvel crossover video game event launched at E3, get hype (spoilers, obv)

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The cosmic trial going away is a mistranslation, they're actually getting rid of cosmic prestige

Anyone who is currently cosmic will be marked for death

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

HebrewMagic posted:

The cosmic trial going away is a mistranslation, they're actually getting rid of cosmic prestige

Anyone who is currently cosmic will be marked for death

Glad I squeaked in before the cutoff, now I can die a warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Blockhouse posted:

universal free travel powers y'all

hulk jog

:psyduck: I get that this poo poo's getting a new hotkey and therefore is technically necessary, but Hulk doesn't use spirit anyway, so this adds nothing for him.

I mean, aside from the part where they set the movement speed on this poo poo to 550, which is too slow to be worth using on anyone except those who fly for free but can't clear obstacles with the spamable movement power. And even barely then.

e: Oh, they're bumping to 600. Slightly better, still close enough that it might be better to spam away and eat the Medkit though.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 17, 2016

• Locked thread