Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Otisburg posted:

It's possible the person is physically intersex rather than just latching on to being PonyGender or whatever because they saw it in a list of tumblr flags that don't even follow the rule of tincture.

But vanishingly unlikely

I'm p sure the idiot is the dude who called them mentally ill and was so proud of that burn that he had to screenshot it and share it on imgur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How 'bout a palate cleanser? Gamers are cringe worthy:

"NO MOM IT'S NOT A PHASE THIS IS MY LIFE"

Top comments on Imgur:

quote:

As an avid gamer myself. You should've paid more attention in school.

quote:

Then you probably don't know a lot about the American Revolution or World War 2.

quote:

As my life goes on, this gif gains more relevance http://i.imgur.com/Kvo1RU4.gif

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Goddamnit.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Kajeesus posted:

I'm p sure the idiot is the dude who called them mentally ill and was so proud of that burn that he had to screenshot it and share it on imgur.

In the ecumenical spirit of internet mockery, I will grant that they are both v. dumb. Probably screenshot guy moreso since the guy he believes he's owning is probably a just a idiot teen.

I hate to engage in elaborate revenge fantasy but it would be sauce for the goose if all these contemptable idiots had a big conspiracy convention that was shot up by a active shooter and spent the rest of their lives poo poo on as faking crisis actors

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm sure instead we'd be hearing all about how the gunman was a hired gov assassin.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Otisburg posted:

It's possible the person is physically intersex rather than just latching on to being PonyGender or whatever because they saw it in a list of tumblr flags that don't even follow the rule of tincture.

But vanishingly unlikely

It's legit sad to watch just how far down the right wing Alex Jones style conspiracy rabbit hole my dad is crawling in his twilight years. :smith:

Usually it's people under twenty-five that seem to think Likes and Shares and Upvotes are some sort of global currency.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Otisburg posted:

In the ecumenical spirit of internet mockery, I will grant that they are both v. dumb. Probably screenshot guy moreso since the guy he believes he's owning is probably a just a idiot teen.

nonbinary people are actually a thing that exists and not just tumblr bullshit, fyi

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I gotta have the context on this one.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Otisburg posted:

I gotta have the context on this one.

Humanity is fleeing from God's light

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

(I checked,)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Someone Awful! posted:

nonbinary people are actually a thing that exists and not just tumblr bullshit, fyi

Well it's bullshit if that gets them out of the draft while I'm stuck here doing long-range patrols in the jungles of Vietnam.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Otisburg posted:

I hate to engage in elaborate revenge fantasy but it would be sauce for the goose if all these contemptable idiots had a big conspiracy convention that was shot up by a active shooter and spent the rest of their lives poo poo on as faking crisis actors

You just have to look at that "put Britain first" dude who shot an MP to try and advance his cause and immediately his whole faction goes "false flag, he was a stay in the EU pawn all along" or "must have a been a taqueria Muslim!"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fathis Munk posted:

You just have to look at that "put Britain first" dude who shot an MP to try and advance his cause and immediately his whole faction goes "false flag, he was a stay in the EU pawn all along" or "must have a been a taqueria Muslim!"

He liked tacos that much, huh?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

cptn_dr posted:

That is... That is far more than 23.

They're spreading! :kingsley:

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Stoatbringer posted:

They're spreading! :kingsley:

They're spreading into Canada too!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Ularg posted:

How 'bout a palate cleanser? Gamers are cringe worthy:

"NO MOM IT'S NOT A PHASE THIS IS MY LIFE"

Top comments on Imgur:

Ah yes, Assassins Creed, where even in the narrative the history of long dead people are embellished for the purposes of entertainment.

Or did I miss that part of Assassins Creed III where you had to find leaves to wipe Connor's rear end after the quick-time making GBS threads event?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

He liked tacos that much, huh?

Replacing taqiya with taqueria makes stupid anti Muslim rants much more bearable to me. Also I never remember the exact spelling of taqiya so taqueria it is for me.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Otisburg posted:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm sure instead we'd be hearing all about how the gunman was a hired gov assassin.

I saw someone fighting the claim that it was crisis actors by saying that they knew it wasn't, because they had a friend of a friend who was killed. Instead, they claimed, it was a government operation.

This was met by other people claiming that it was indeed crisis actors, and the first person was obviously a purchased account there to spread disinformation.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fathis Munk posted:

Replacing taqiya with taqueria makes stupid anti Muslim rants much more bearable to me. Also I never remember the exact spelling of taqiya so taqueria it is for me.

Yeah, I burst out laughing and then looked up 'taqueria muslim' and found the antecedent term.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

God drat it, there's another one - IOSM: Sex with your cousin isn't technically incest, it's just taboo.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I hope orange doesn't do their own wiring. Or anything in the dark, really.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
dunno what kind of screwdriver hes using cause its handle should be non-conductive anyways but i guess someone made that image to attract electricians or something?

Aix has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Jun 17, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The outlets look like a scared face and I laughed

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Otisburg posted:

But vanishingly unlikely

It's legit sad to watch just how far down the right wing Alex Jones style conspiracy rabbit hole my dad is crawling in his twilight years. :smith:

I haven't actually googled it, but it'd be great if those were just places where religious summer camps for kids were located in the US.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Bored posted:

I haven't actually googled it, but it'd be great if those were just places where religious summer camps for kids were located in the US.

My worry is that if there is a quantum of anything to base the story on, it's probably that these are exactly that, and I worry that horse poo poo like this is going to inspire another Anders Breivik

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Otisburg posted:

My worry is that if there is a quantum of anything to base the story on, it's probably that these are exactly that, and I worry that horse poo poo like this is going to inspire another Anders Breivik

I should know better by now. I didn't even think of crazy people tracking down those camps and shooting them up.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So apparently I am the IOSM right now. The day before the Orlando tragedy, I made a post about how I had finally gotten around to fixing the anti-aircraft sight on my Arisaka rifle.

I have now deleted the post, but not before my post was shared by 3 people as "why we need to get rid of the 2nd amendment entirely. There is no reason a military assault rifle needs an anti-aircraft sight."

My guess I should have included a picture of the rifle in the facebook post because, while it is a military rifle, it's a bolt action rifle. The anti-aircraft sights are the most hilariously optimistic thing ever to put on a rifle because they might be able to hit a WWI biplane... maybe.

In anycase I have been trying to avoid Facebook lately as my mix of friends has caused a poo poo show of "dey takin are gunz" and "we need to get rid of the 2nd amendment entirely." And no, those aren't hyperbole.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You realised taking down the post was a good idea and didn't double down which makes you a normal an sensible person imo. However I also once ate one of my teeth so maybe don't trust me on this.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

EmmyOk posted:

You realised taking down the post was a good idea and didn't double down which makes you a normal an sensible person imo. However I also once ate one of my teeth so maybe don't trust me on this.

What happened to it?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
He enjoyed the feeling so much that he became the spokesman for Thompson's Teeth. The only teeth that can eat other teeth.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

jadebullet posted:

So apparently I am the IOSM right now. The day before the Orlando tragedy, I made a post about how I had finally gotten around to fixing the anti-aircraft sight on my Arisaka rifle.

I have now deleted the post, but not before my post was shared by 3 people as "why we need to get rid of the 2nd amendment entirely. There is no reason a military assault rifle needs an anti-aircraft sight."

My guess I should have included a picture of the rifle in the facebook post because, while it is a military rifle, it's a bolt action rifle. The anti-aircraft sights are the most hilariously optimistic thing ever to put on a rifle because they might be able to hit a WWI biplane... maybe.

In anycase I have been trying to avoid Facebook lately as my mix of friends has caused a poo poo show of "dey takin are gunz" and "we need to get rid of the 2nd amendment entirely." And no, those aren't hyperbole.

The 2nd amendment only applies to American guns :colbert:.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What happened to it?

When I was 19 I was eating a chicken strip and there was a crunchy looking protrusion and I thought "I'll be having that" and went right for it. It turned out to be harder than expected and I really had to grind it into dust with my molars. As it turns out my front tooth had snapped the second I bit into the chicken and I'd actually been grinding up my tooth not the chicken strip. I'd cracked that tooth three times before so I guess it was just weak.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

EmmyOk posted:

When I was 19 I was eating a chicken strip and there was a crunchy looking protrusion and I thought "I'll be having that" and went right for it. It turned out to be harder than expected and I really had to grind it into dust with my molars. As it turns out my front tooth had snapped the second I bit into the chicken and I'd actually been grinding up my tooth not the chicken strip. I'd cracked that tooth three times before so I guess it was just weak.

Were you under the impression at the time that chickens have teeth?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You learn something new everyday! In my defence I didn't know my tooth had snapped until I drank something a few minutes later and my mouth suddenly felt weird.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Thinky Whale posted:

The election is definitely bringing out the "be horrified by people you knew in childhood" function of Facebook.

Wasn't there a presidential who called for a registry of people of a certain ethnicity? That seems a bit more Hitlerisque.

Also, a friend just posted a meme about male violence. Let's see how well that went

The dude railing on "femanazis" has now started flooding her wall with youtube videos proving that that violence against women is overblown and it's all feminists fault. I swear it's like a a bloody batsignal or something for idiots. Many they see something about men and women they have to respond lest the perfect name of man gets tainted.

Madkal has a new favorite as of 17:18 on Jun 17, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crust First posted:

I saw someone fighting the claim that it was crisis actors by saying that they knew it wasn't, because they had a friend of a friend who was killed. Instead, they claimed, it was a government operation.

This was met by other people claiming that it was indeed crisis actors, and the first person was obviously a purchased account there to spread disinformation.

you ever see that episode of king of the hill where dale feels like he's losing touch on his conspiracy theorist ways so he goes to the site of the Kennedy assassination to ground himself again and he gets weirded out when 3 different people start arguing about 3 different mutually exclusive conspiracies

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

I'm just wracking my brain for what could be "technically, but not actually" cannibalism. All I can think of is eating someone else's fingernail clippings. :psyduck:

CallingYouARadical
Aug 6, 2008
I have never been more glad that this thread exists. I'm usually a lurker, but today all the folks I usually vent my futile fury over stupidity at are asleep or working, so here we go.

I try to see both sides of an issue so as not to be a straight up rear end in a top hat, but I have problems ignoring when someone's talking point is straight up false. So when that fact is pointed out to you, why the hell would you just go "well I don't care if it's true, I was just making a point." NO YOU ARE loving NOT. IF YOUR EXAMPLE WAS MADE UP YOU HAVE NO POINT.

I'm the one with the red scribbles in the boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Idiots on Social Media: having sex with your cousin is not incest (I checked)