Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Elblanco posted:

well of course it's a heart problem, why would there be a problem with objects that are made specifically for killing?

They're TOOLS! Jeez.

My Facebook feed is all over the place with these lovely argument, I think a social media detox is needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Senf posted:

This one is showing up again. I can't even

Wow way to go for them to worship violent media. :v:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Senf posted:

This one is showing up again. I can't even

I looked that passage up, and man it's bleak. It's a couple verses away from "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind." :(

If I thought humanity was unconditionally evil, I think I'd be stockpiling weapons too.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sometimes people get killed with things other than guns so might as well let terrorists buy whatever guns they want and take them wherever they please. Free country!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I was under the impression that Cain killed Abel with the jawbone of an rear end though

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Who loving cares? Dude is still creeping on underage girls and sexually harassing them because of THEIR CLOTHING. Ew.

Hey rear end in a top hat; both are wrong and terrible.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

NotAnArtist posted:

I was under the impression that Cain killed Abel with the jawbone of an rear end though

There's some argument about whether it was a stone or a jawbone but rest assured Samson unequivocally killed 1000 dudes with the jawbone of an rear end

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Really the rear end jawbone was the AR-15 of the biblical ages.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
That's a strong rear end jawbone.

Feel free to hyphenate that however you wish.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

rear end-ault weapons, if you will

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I never realised your avatar was a GIF

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
The political panic has died down and my cousins are going to Disneyland yet again and just posting away about it. They are really steady, nice people but I never have much to say to them because they are into the smarmiest stuff. Anyway, they aren't saying it, but their friends are.

Littles.

In reference to chidren.

Oh, your littles look like they're having fun.

My littles just love dressing up like Elsa!

I give my littles fruit snacks.

What happens when these kids aren't little and cute anymore? Do they start saying "My assholes just love locking themselves in their rooms only to come out and demand hot pockets!"

I'm being cynical. These kids are lucky to be so loved. But jesus, that way of talking is gross.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Guns don't kill people.

People kill people. With guns.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Technically it's the bullet that actually kills.

Sell all guns but get rid of the bullets.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
This is dumb but I like it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Bast Relief posted:

The political panic has died down and my cousins are going to Disneyland yet again and just posting away about it. They are really steady, nice people but I never have much to say to them because they are into the smarmiest stuff. Anyway, they aren't saying it, but their friends are.

Littles.

In reference to chidren.

Oh, your littles look like they're having fun.

My littles just love dressing up like Elsa!

I give my littles fruit snacks.

What happens when these kids aren't little and cute anymore? Do they start saying "My assholes just love locking themselves in their rooms only to come out and demand hot pockets!"

I'm being cynical. These kids are lucky to be so loved. But jesus, that way of talking is gross.

"Littles" is how creepy child fetishists refer to the partner in age-play who acts like the kid.

Source: creepy roommate I had in college.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

A page late but w/e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVo7ysKcMbI

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Bast Relief posted:

My mother called me "little" until I started into growth spurts, at which point she transitioned to "kid" and never stopped. I am now mid-30s and still called "kid."

It's just a cute euphemism/nickname.

(Granted, I'm glad to read this over more Orlando-inspired idiocy... that poo poo's depressing.)

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Sometimes people get killed with things other than guns so might as well let terrorists buy whatever guns they want and take them wherever they please. Free country!

I've been using the analogy that since people will have car accidents no matter what, why should we put seatbelts in cars? Sure it might save SOME people, but what about the rights of people not to be restrained in a giant speeding vehicle?

Also bike helmets. Because bike helmets only prevent one type of injury it's an infringement of our rights to make everyone who wants to ride a bike wear them. They could get spinal injuries, or break a leg! THEN WHAT, GUN NAZIS?!?!?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

That70sHeidi posted:

I've been using the analogy that since people will have car accidents no matter what, why should we put seatbelts in cars? Sure it might save SOME people, but what about the rights of people not to be restrained in a giant speeding vehicle?

Also bike helmets. Because bike helmets only prevent one type of injury it's an infringement of our rights to make everyone who wants to ride a bike wear them. They could get spinal injuries, or break a leg! THEN WHAT, GUN NAZIS?!?!?

Except these arguments are made unironically by many people in the US. Louisiana has a large contingent of people who see mandating seatbelts and safety gear as an infringement on personal liberty. Big gubmint etc etc (see also: traffic laws, parking regulations, sales tax, income tax, child discipline, safety regulations, healthcare, workers' unions, non-Christians, all the other evils of the world).

Edit: Wearing a seatbelt in the back seat of a car didn't become required by law here until 2009 and was much protested. A proposal to actually use the parking meters downtown and require payment for parking, which would have gone to the infrastructure budget and fixed many roads, was shot down for being discriminatory against downtown businesses. It's a libertarian paradise as long as you're a white man.

Busket Posket has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Jun 17, 2016

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
And some content. This guy regularly uses the words "feminazi," "reverse racism," "female privilege," and "misandry." I unfollowed him long ago but still check in to see the Tumblr Anti-hero made flesh. Here are his thoughts on cultural appropriation:

Why yes, he has referred to The Big Bang Theory as "nerd blackface," how did you guess?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

"Littles" is how creepy child fetishists refer to the partner in age-play who acts like the kid.

This is what I was thinking when I first started reading it and I seriously though the post was about those creepy daddy kink relationships.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

chitoryu12 posted:

This is what I was thinking when I first started reading it and I seriously though the post was about those creepy daddy kink relationships.

That's it! That must be what was setting off my creep-o-meter. I should probably just relax as my white bread relatives and their friends have no idea that's a perv thing.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

That70sHeidi posted:

I like this one. Lack of seatbelts don't cause injuries and deaths, bad drivers do. Technically true, but bad drivers are inevitable, as are murderous and/or stupid owners. You can solve the problem of lack of seatbelts, or lots of guns easily - why go for the insurmountable problem instead?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Busket Posket posted:

And some content. This guy regularly uses the words "feminazi," "reverse racism," "female privilege," and "misandry." I unfollowed him long ago but still check in to see the Tumblr Anti-hero made flesh. Here are his thoughts on cultural appropriation:

Why yes, he has referred to The Big Bang Theory as "nerd blackface," how did you guess?

Why don't you show those horrible things rather than the single reasonable one.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Busket Posket posted:

As long as that person getting into Magic the Gathering is a white male, right? Otherwise she can go gently caress her feminazi self.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

DicktheCat posted:

People with MPD also use the term for their "child" personalities.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Busket Posket posted:

Sounds like the guy just really really wants to wear a neon rainbow feather headdress to Burning Man.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Throwing Turtles posted:

[–]FleetingSorrow 17 points 4 days ago
To be fair children can actually consent to sex...

[–]FleetingSorrow
Seems like an impossible standard to subject children to when it is arguable that everyone would fail at this "informed and rational" criteria when it comes to decision making, and by extension should not be allowed to act autonomously.

[–]FleetingSorrow
Seems very SJWish and dogmatic to me, which only makes sense in terms of a certain predefined/prejudiced sense of what is "good", which is ultimately undefined. It is also unconvincing to ethically judge behaviors based on legalism/societal norms either, which is fundamentally no different than an appeal to nature.

[–]FleetingSorrow
Oh FFS Moderator, I said nothing of ad hominem nature regarding you, only that your argument was SJWish, with all the vague terms of "disparity of economic and societal power" and "not a truly consensual decision (from an anti-capitalist perspective)" etc, now here you are going through my comment history and making opinionated statements regarding my person.
I think I'll pass on the further debate, and since you're against nihilism.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Lottery of Babylon posted:

[–]FleetingSorrow 17 points 4 days ago
To be fair children can actually consent to sex...

[–]FleetingSorrow
Seems like an impossible standard to subject children to when it is arguable that everyone would fail at this "informed and rational" criteria when it comes to decision making, and by extension should not be allowed to act autonomously.

[–]FleetingSorrow
Seems very SJWish and dogmatic to me, which only makes sense in terms of a certain predefined/prejudiced sense of what is "good", which is ultimately undefined. It is also unconvincing to ethically judge behaviors based on legalism/societal norms either, which is fundamentally no different than an appeal to nature.

[–]FleetingSorrow
Oh FFS Moderator, I said nothing of ad hominem nature regarding you, only that your argument was SJWish, with all the vague terms of "disparity of economic and societal power" and "not a truly consensual decision (from an anti-capitalist perspective)" etc, now here you are going through my comment history and making opinionated statements regarding my person.
I think I'll pass on the further debate, and since you're against nihilism.

Law and morality is just made up maaaaan.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

EvilGenius posted:

I like this one. Lack of seatbelts don't cause injuries and deaths, bad drivers do. Technically true, but bad drivers are inevitable, as are murderous and/or stupid owners. You can solve the problem of lack of seatbelts, or lots of guns easily - why go for the insurmountable problem instead?

I've been telling people beers don't just pour themselves into peoples mouths before they get behind a wheel and plow through a crowd of pedestrians, so drunk driving laws are dumb.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

My local paper had an article about knife crime and how we need to get knives off the street. Compared to America, it was quite cute.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
The election is definitely bringing out the "be horrified by people you knew in childhood" function of Facebook.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

"Why yes, the first killing of a sitting politician since the Troubles, perpetrated by a man with documented links to far-right politics, is surely going to be prosecuted as manslaughter. :downs:"

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Throwing Turtles posted:

MPD isn't real

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's possible the person is physically intersex rather than just latching on to being PonyGender or whatever because they saw it in a list of tumblr flags that don't even follow the rule of tincture.

But vanishingly unlikely

It's legit sad to watch just how far down the right wing Alex Jones style conspiracy rabbit hole my dad is crawling in his twilight years. :smith:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

That is... That is far more than 23.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Thinky Whale posted:

The election is definitely bringing out the "be horrified by people you knew in childhood" function of Facebook.

Hitler actually broadened the general public's access to guns. The only people whose guns were confiscated were Jews, Communists, Roma, etc.

History, motherfuckers! Learn you some!

I bet every person who posts that meme would be chill with limiting Muslims' access to guns, too. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

cptn_dr posted:

That is... That is far more than 23.

"Mister President."
"Yes?"
"It's about those terror camps that you secretly sanctioned, as a secret Muslim."
"What of it? No one will have the courage to stand up to me. I am the president, and hundreds of my Muslim brothers will be trained under the noses of our khafir enemies, Inshallah."
"I'm afraid that a Facebook status about them is being shared."
"Don't tell me the number of shares has reached--"
"Yes sir. Five thousand. The threshold for your undoing."
"Noooo! You were told to keep it under wraps, four thousand nine hundred ninety nine shares or fewer! You have failed me! I am ruined!"