Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Top 10 in the betting! Yes!

And congratulations to Go Big!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Just a little FYI.

The Plump Helmets are the deadliest team. All four of them survived.

I did this based on the standings. Team #1 was Worse Munki, Team 2 is Chicks with Dicks, Team 3 is Heavyweight Horror and so on. So if you want to count "minotaur number 9" or whatever down the log you can.

http://pastebin.com/KtD9WWu3

Edit: I started outside left. So way left is Team 1, way right is team 2. Team 3 is 2nd row on the left, team 4 is 2nd row on right and so on and so forth. CRAP is up top and Lightly Whipped down bottom since we have 16 teams and the arena is only 14 wide.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 17, 2016

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Hey, we won, and Slam Whale Willy was mostly useless which was par for the course. Of course that early hand break causing a spear to drop was really the lynch pin that won us the whole thing....

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Tyler Durden is Hobbes wins the Top Blagger award, having sneakily ridden his teammates' coattails to the top podium whilst contributing a mere five deaths.
Three Wolf Moon Shirt earns the Best of the Best accolade for his 24 kills. out of the champions' final total of 54.
Snowshank Redemption and Slam Whale Willy get to wear these "I Went Big and all I got was this Adamantine T-Shirt" T-shirts.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

the whole "extra points for making it to the semifinals" aspect may have helped. albrik aka kobold 3 did his usual shtick of beating up some dudes with an axe somewhat ineffectively before unceremoniously dying near the very end

also

Yeti 3 strikes Human 4 in the lower body with the pommel of his {large copper dagger}, bruising the muscle and bruising the stomach through the iron chain leggings!
It is a gelding blow!

how, also, ouch

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 17, 2016

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Whoops, I didn't realize that the site doesn't default to showing a list of tournaments if there is no active tournament. I'll go in and fix that today.

In the meantime:

Betting Leaders: http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/view_betting_leaders.php?9

Match Bets: http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/view_bet.php?9.21

Thanks to Spermy for running probably 80% of this tournament by himself!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the whole "extra points for making it to the semifinals" aspect may have helped. albrik aka kobold 3 did his usual shtick of beating up some dudes with an axe somewhat ineffectively before unceremoniously dying near the very end

I did that with the macros I had saved from rounds 18 and 17. No playoff points added (except Petting Zoo because I didnt have any other one handy)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Spermy Smurf posted:

I did that with the macros I had saved from rounds 18 and 17. No playoff points added (except Petting Zoo because I didnt have any other one handy)

fine, crush my delusions down so it can fit in the same can im storing the shreds of my arena ambitions

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Just a little FYI.

Fun! I love crap like this.

Baldwin did pretty well in that brawl. Killed 4 opponents. Then...

Elf 4 bashes Dwarf 4 in the head with her copper mace, bruising the muscle, fracturing the skull through the small iron helm!
Yeti 2 grabs Dwarf 4 by the left upper leg with his left lower arm!
Human 4 bites Dwarf 4 in the head, but the attack is deflected by Dwarf 4's small iron helm!
Minotaur 5 grabs Dwarf 4 by the fifth toe, right foot with her right upper arm!

Drawn and quartered by the Helmets.

For a laugh, follow Dusseldwarf (Dwarf 6). She loses a spear hand early on, but is somehow allowed to mount and smash Krog in the head with a wooden shield for over a thousand lines. All this combat raging around her, and no reaction other than:

Dwarf 6 strikes Elf 3 in the head with her oaken shield, but the attack is deflected by Elf 3's small iron helm!

over and over and over.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Thanks to Spermy for running probably 80% of this tournament by himself!

Also, THIS. I appreciate everybody that put time and effort into this, but major thanks to Spermy for keeping the ball rolling throughout.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 17, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
God, that mass melee. Trump spent a few thousand lines of it tearing Elf 3's face apart with her fingers, then suffocated Dwarf 5 with a choke hold and somehow survived to into the 3300's.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Strangler 3 did pretty much par for the course, though biting more than usual. Picked off a couple molemarian limbs, ripped someone's ear off, lost his nose, got his foot smashed, couple fractured arms, otherwise had fun and lasted until line 1328.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Spermy Smurf posted:

Just a little FYI.

Jameson did pretty well!

Human 7 slashes Tiger Man 3 in the head with his iron two-handed sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Human 7 stabs Molemarian 4 in the lower body with his iron two-handed sword, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the spleen!
Human 7 stabs Dwarf 4 in the lower body with his iron two-handed sword, tearing the muscle and tearing apart the pancreas through the small cow leather leggings!

He also smashed an eyelid.

Then he got his hand cut and gave in to pain :saddowns:

He died on line 2055 :rip:

That'll do, Jameson, that'll do.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Thanks Spermy! This has been a fun thing to read, really appreciate the effort you put into this.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:roflolmao:

Sun Tzulander, the arenas only unblooded, passed out from pain on line 173. He caused a light bruise and that was it. He dies at line 302.

The next passing out from pain is troll 1 on line 213. Then we skip to 286 for Human 6, then aaaalll the way to 413 for Yeti 2.

However: Strangler 2 gets almost one-shotted and is killed on line 63. That strangler is Knife Toseeu.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Just a little FYI.

I did this based on the standings. Team #1 was Worse Munki, Team 2 is Chicks with Dicks, Team 3 is Heavyweight Horror and so on. So if you want to count "minotaur number 9" or whatever down the log you can.

Edit: I started outside left. So way left is Team 1, way right is team 2. Team 3 is 2nd row on the left, team 4 is 2nd row on right and so on and so forth. CRAP is up top and Lightly Whipped down bottom since we have 16 teams and the arena is only 14 wide.

Follow Molemarian 1 for the tale of "the sn that wouldn't die". Almost immediately, he lost his spear. He followed it by losing his shield. And his incisors, separately. Also mouth, most/all limbs, and more. Still, he does not die for a long while. He passes out from exertion first! It was 2500+ lines in before someone manages a killing blow.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I spent all my career as a bitey hat for troll 1.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Spermy Smurf posted:

:roflolmao:

Sun Tzulander, the arenas only unblooded, passed out from pain on line 173. He caused a light bruise and that was it. He dies at line 302.

The next passing out from pain is troll 1 on line 213. Then we skip to 286 for Human 6, then aaaalll the way to 413 for Yeti 2.

However: Strangler 2 gets almost one-shotted and is killed on line 63. That strangler is Knife Toseeu.

My favorite part of this whole tournament was when Sun Tzulander squared off against that yeti in a contest of fisticuffs and the yeti straight up bit Sun's arm off.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I can't read logs. Who killed Jimbo in the brawl?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This one wasn't exactly fair. I took the last-known-macros and individually created 64 fighters on the same tile. That means that the guys in Go Big had all the extra points than someone who didn't get out of round 18.

Someone find out who Elf 3 is in this list.

Everyone on one tile

Elf 3 standing victorious over "I got extra points" Dory.

Is the elf Josie? She got extra points too.

http://pastebin.com/nvD8MsFd

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I killed antwoman!

quote:

Strangler 4 bites Antman 1 in the head, fracturing the chitin and bruising the muscle and bruising the brain through the iron helm!
A tendon has been torn!
Antman 1 has been struck down.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I should note that it was Minotaur 1 that lasted forever on the ground unconscious. I believe Dory is the first minotaur in the list, so I guessed. I might be wrong.

Also Tunicate: :fuckoff:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Bad Munki posted:

I can't read logs. Who killed Jimbo in the brawl?

I think Jimbo is Dwarf 7. He killed many people, including Jameson (not technically, someone else finished Jameson off).

Jimbo's killer?

Elf 4 bashes Dwarf 7 in the head with her copper mace and the injured part explodes into gore!

NONE OTHER THAN RIVAL BLUDGEONEER JOSIE! (she had help from at least one yeti)

The motive?

JEALOUSY! no doubt.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
gently caress, I hate being ill/allergic etc. I'll get the first losers thing finished written in the morning and post it, then I'll try and run another and get that done sunday (my time)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Just a little FYI.

hahahhah holy poo poo loving incredible 100% worth it

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Is the elf Josie? She got extra points too.
http://pastebin.com/nvD8MsFd

Female elf with a platinum war hammer so maybe?

EDIT: That elf seems to have iron armor so probably not unless she was taking and wearing gear trophies.

Ramc fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 17, 2016

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Augh I have been DEFEATED.

Someone let me know the second the next arena goes up, including if it's a test arena. I'm not missing out and getting saddled with a half-way-through terrible fighter pick-up + betting megalomania this time.

I place 62 bets this season, 39 of which were correct, a 62.9% correct betting rate!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Spermy Smurf posted:

Just a little FYI.

:stare:

OK, I'm willing to take that as a consollation prize.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Ramc posted:

hahahhah holy poo poo loving incredible 100% worth it

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I counted 8 kills for Dory. :stare: And it's not like she was just executing downed people, either, there's a bunch of fighters she stabbed in the lungs or something before moving on to a different target.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
No kills for Panty, but he mangled a werewolf and a dwarf pretty good. And...somehow did this:

quote:

Yeti 2 throws Dwarf 4 by the upper left back teeth with Yeti 2's left lower leg!

:psyduck:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm amazed that even in that huge scrum, Sun Tzulander managed sweet fuckall.

I sure know how to build 'em!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Keru posted:

I'm amazed that even in that huge scrum, Sun Tzulander managed sweet fuckall.

I sure know how to build 'em!

Wait a minute. Is Sun Tzu Elf #4? Is there another elf in the list alphabetically lower than Sun Tzu?

Elf 4 punches Werewolf 2 in the upper body with his left hand and the injured part collapses!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
Werewolf 2 has been struck down.

Elf 4 punches Molemarian 1 in the left front foot with his right hand and the injured part collapses!

800 lines deep and still not a single injury.

Elf 4 grabs Gremlin 2 by the small iron helm with his right hand!
Grabbing a helmet

Elf 4 strikes Dwarf 3 in the head with his {small iron helm}, bruising the muscle and fracturing the skull through the small iron helm!
Using the helmet

Elf 4 strikes Molemarian 3 in the left lower arm with his {small iron helm}, chipping the bone through the large bronze left gauntlet!

Elf 4 strikes Yeti 1 in the right hand with his {small iron helm}, fracturing the bone through the large steel right gauntlet!

Elf 4: This is a fight! I feel no terror.

Elf 4 strikes Werewolf 6 in the right lower arm with his {small iron helm}, chipping the bone through the large bronze right gauntlet!

1600 lines deep before anyone even attacks Elf 4.

2209 before taking an injury (fractured arm)

Dory stabs Elf 4 in the neck at line number 2748 and the Elf 4 passes out.

iLonie
Feb 17, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Tyler Durden is Hobbes wins the Top Blagger award, having sneakily ridden his teammates' coattails to the top podium whilst contributing a mere five deaths.
Three Wolf Moon Shirt earns the Best of the Best accolade for his 24 kills. out of the champions' final total of 54.
Snowshank Redemption and Slam Whale Willy get to wear these "I Went Big and all I got was this Adamantine T-Shirt" T-shirts.

Does this make me the first double arena champ, or did Ramc win two back in the early days? First back to back arena champ maybe? Either way thanks for all the work that's gone into this!

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mr. Vile posted:

No kills for Panty, but he mangled a werewolf and a dwarf pretty good. And...somehow did this:

:psyduck:

quote:

1660.Yeti 2 stabs Dwarf 5 in the head with his {large bronze dagger}, tearing the muscle, fracturing the skull and tearing the brain through the small adamantine helm!
1661.A tendon in the skull has been torn!
1662.Dwarf 5 has been knocked unconscious!
1663.Dwarf 5 has been struck down.

rip qwarf (I think?) - stabbed a bunch of people, then the first injury was fatal

e: Iron spear, adam helm? Yeah, that's Q. rip!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Yeah, I -think- Krog Bonesmasha was the the winner of the single match free for all going by equipment. I am pretty sure Josie is Elf 1 who seems to do a lot of damage but then is taken out by Dory of all people.

In the grand team melee I am still trying to piece together the word picture. I might try to forensics and find-replace some names in it to make more sense. If I do I'll post it up.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
12th in betting and I didn't spend a goddamn cent.

You people are horrible at gambling.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc posted:

In the grand team melee I am still trying to piece together the word picture. I might try to forensics and find-replace some names in it to make more sense. If I do I'll post it up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vW4HMW4uXS0acS-bOd42IXo0qUde7n6PQU08dRDx9xQ/edit?usp=sharing

Work in progress. Feel free to tell me if you know who someone is.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Whipped should be the last of our respective races. So Trump is Mino 5, Ghost-trees is Molemarian 5, Jupis is Strangler 5 and Grimmik is Gremlin 3.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Three Gremlins was Strangler 5, and accounted for Human 1, Kobold 3, Werewolf 7, Human 7, Kobold 4, Dwarf 7 and numerous removed limbs, before finally falling to Elf 3 in an epic duel in which he crippled one of Elf 3's legs. Made it to line 3057, and was the penultimate casualty in the whole thing! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Human 5 aka Roland Gorchnik lasted to line 2147, holy moly!

quote:

Human 5 lashes Tiger Man 2 in the right upper arm with his copper scourge, fracturing the bone through the large iron mail shirt!

Not bad.

quote:

Human 6 bashes Werewolf 2 in the left paw with his platinum war hammer, jamming the bone through the left ankle's muscle and shattering the left ankle's bone!
The Werewolf 2 loses hold of the large cow leather right glove.
Dwarf 6 hacks Werewolf 2 in the right upper arm with her steel great axe and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Serpent Man 2: Death... The horror conssssumesss me!
Minotaur 4 slashes Werewolf 2 in the left paw with his iron two-handed sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Antman 3: Death is all around us. The horror consumes me!
Molemarian 3 stabs Werewolf 2 in the right upper leg with his steel spear, chipping the bone through the large cow leather armor!
A tendon has been torn!
Strangler 2 lashes Werewolf 2 in the upper body with his copper whip, bruising the muscle and bruising the liver through the large cow leather armor!
Werewolf 4 bashes Werewolf 2 in the upper body with his bronze mace, bruising the muscle and shattering the left false ribs through the large cow leather armor!
The Werewolf 2 gives in to pain.
Human 6: Death is all around us. The horror consumes me!
Minotaur 5: Death is all around us. I am not upset by this.
Strangler 5 strikes Werewolf 2 in the right paw with his iron pick and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Human 5 lashes Werewolf 2 in the right paw with his copper scourge!
Human 5: Death... This is truly horrifying.

Good lord. Roland hit the paw at is was sailing through the air.

quote:

Tiger Man 5 punches Werewolf 4 in the upper body with his left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the left false ribs through the heart and tearing apart the heart!
A major artery in the heart has been opened by the attack!
Dwarf 6: Death is all around us. This is truly horrifying.
The Werewolf 4 loses hold of the large cow leather right glove.
Human 5 lashes Werewolf 4 in the right hand with his copper scourge and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Minotaur 4 slaps Werewolf 4 in the fourth finger, right hand with the flat of his iron two-handed sword!

A very rough time for werewolves.

quote:

Werewolf 6 strikes at Minotaur 4 but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
Human 5 lashes Minotaur 4 in the right upper arm with his copper scourge, fracturing the bone through the large iron mail shirt!
Minotaur 5 strikes at Minotaur 4 but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
The Minotaur 4 loses hold of the large copper right gauntlet.
The Minotaur 4 loses hold of the {iron two-handed sword}.
Dwarf 6 hacks Minotaur 4 in the right lower arm with her steel great axe and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Shouldn't have batted away the werewolf's hand like that.

quote:

Minotaur 2 stabs Human 5 in the right lower leg with her copper spear, fracturing the bone and shattering the right knee's bone through the iron greaves!
A ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
A ligament in the right knee has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
Dwarf 7 punches Werewolf 6 in the left upper leg with his left hand, bruising the bone through the large bronze greaves!
The Human 5 falls over.
The Human 5 gives in to pain.

And a few more stabs to the head and it's all over. Who was Minotaur 2?