Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah Rayman is aces. I wish there was a game of nothing but music levels.

That's essentially Runner 2, another fantastic game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
what dad games can they put on sale

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John Romero posted:

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

John Romero posted:

Octo?

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

John Romero posted:

The Last of Us, Telltale's Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, sports games for the 2016 version of buying Dad a tie.

Can't believe I didn't mention Yakuza!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

My dad loved The Wolf Among Us. He's never enjoyed a non-driving video game before in his life but playing an interactive movie blew his mind. He was genuinely conflicted about how to treat characters. Except Toad, who he was a dick to at every opportunity.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Quote-Unquote posted:

Except Toad, who he was a dick to at every opportunity.

your dad played the game wrong

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

unl33t posted:

The Last of Us, Telltale's Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, sports games for the 2016 version of buying Dad a tie.

Can't believe I didn't mention Yakuza!

Bioshock Infinite, Fallout 4

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Final fantasy X remaster

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Hyperdimension Neptunia

*if your dad's a perv

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Syrinxx posted:

Hyperdimension Neptunia

*if your dad's a perv

Nep is for friends. Senran Kagura is for pervs.

PS get him Gal*Gun

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like Sony just changed how pre-orders work in the UK store to take your money straight away, I kind of thought they weren't actually allowed to do that here for some reason. Guess I'm never pre-ordering anything again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sakurazuka posted:

Looks like Sony just changed how pre-orders work in the UK store to take your money straight away, I kind of thought they weren't actually allowed to do that here for some reason. Guess I'm never pre-ordering anything again.

Was it possible to pre-order Dishonored 2 before this and get the free Dishonored Definitive Edition?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As far as I can see there's no pre-order for Dishonored 2 up yet so I guess not.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
They only changed it on select titles, seemingly those with pre-order bonuses like South Park.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Shadow of Mordor. Hnnf. Got into a fight with a couple of captains, I'm overwhelmed and backing off, climbing a tower to snipe. One of the captains decides to retreat, camera zooms in on him and he does a dramatic "I am crotchscratch and I will be back" before cheesing it.

Kill another captain and he keeps coming back in ever more hosed up state. Cut half his face off at one point, returns in a burlap sack tied around his head with ropes.

Get into a mega brawl with 5 captains, one of which Bumfuck the Poet has been present at 3 of my arsekickings. I now hate that guy, and will hunt all of Mordor to murderise him.

Every single one of these named orcs has more personality and character than 95% of villains in all of gaming history.

Game owns.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I doesn't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yQzDbv6rS8

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

what a sad existence

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

BillmasterCozb posted:

your dad played the game wrong

My dad was all like "get a job Mr toad!"

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Szurumbur posted:

what a sad existence

Yeah, but think about those poor saps that are using both thumbs to play that game.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm glad games are becoming more assailable. Like imagine if someone cut off 9 of your fingers, I wouldn't mope about it because I could still play shadows of mordor

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Quote-Unquote posted:

That isn't being a dick, that's just good advice

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

you can do this in the Arkham games. It doesn't speak to any lack of difficulty or design in the fights, they just use a rhythm-based combat system that isn't dependent on position.

monolith PLS!!!

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Faux Mulder posted:

you can do this in the Arkham games. It doesn't speak to any lack of difficulty or design in the fights, they just use a rhythm-based combat system that isn't dependent on position.

monolith PLS!!!

Rhythm-based combat system that isn't dependent on position = lack of difficulty and simplistic design. At least in Shadow of Mordor.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I bought shadow of mordor but I guess there's no hard setting like in Arkham..........

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Shadow of Mordor was fun for a while, except for stealth.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Shadow of Mordor was fun for a while, except for stealth.

It was one of those games for me where I played it, played it more, and then one day just forgot to turn it on anymore. It just never changed at all, and as much fun as it was, it never seemed to go anywhere else.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's surprising no other games have used the nemesis system since.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ethanol posted:

I bought shadow of mordor but I guess there's no hard setting like in Arkham..........

Play it on Share Play or something else to add lag, there's your hard mode

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Platypus Farm posted:

It was one of those games for me where I played it, played it more, and then one day just forgot to turn it on anymore. It just never changed at all, and as much fun as it was, it never seemed to go anywhere else.

Theres a big change half way through but after that i agree. The end is also very very bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingShiro posted:

Crackdown 3 is claiming to have one now but they also couldnt show any progress on a game that is entering its fourth year of dev soooo maybe not

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

KingShiro posted:

It came out like two years ago, AAA games are usually in development for a while. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a few games in the coming years.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fallout 4 needs a nemesis system dlc and then it might be worth playing

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Super No Vacancy posted:

fallout 4 needs a nemesis system dlc and then it might be worth playing
As if I am going to let anyone survive? Pffft

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Spider-man doesn't usually create his villians like Batman does but if they added nemesis with a really pissed off thug I want all the procedural generated content to be animal themed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the only downside to the nemesis system is it makes dying more interesting than living and in mordor it was too hard to die after like the first two hours or something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

the only downside to the nemesis system is it makes dying more interesting than living and in mordor it was too hard to die after like the first two hours or something

yeah the implimentation didn't quite work out for me either. nemesis feels like it would work way better in a universe with no killing.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quote-Unquote posted:

He had a job! Toad's got it bad enough as it is, lay off :/

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Real hurthling! posted:

Crackdown 3 is claiming to have one now but they also couldnt show any progress on a game that is entering its fourth year of dev soooo maybe not

Crackdown 3 is never coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

Crackdown 3 is never coming out.

it will come out but to play it a dev needs to come over and sit between you and the screen

• Locked thread