Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Slugworth posted:

Was it? Was it really?

I honestly dont think it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!

drat. Black nerds deliver the goods.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Two new Suicide Squad TV spots. Some new footage in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5okgENDeCfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWNpoaQMXS4

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I just want a Planetary TV series within this century
Or would that be impossible because they'd get sued super hard

Put it on HBO, keep the spinal cord punting

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Well less that and more that it would be really expensive.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It turns out that Superman in the Supergirl TV show was Tom Hank's teenage son in Road To Perdition (also a comic book movie).

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/696041-superman-actor-cast-for-supergirl-on-the-cw

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The MSJ posted:

It turns out that Superman in the Supergirl TV show was Tom Hank's teenage son in Road To Perdition (also a comic book movie).

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/696041-superman-actor-cast-for-supergirl-on-the-cw

Weird, I'd assumed he'd be older to visually communicate how much more established he was as a superhero. That guy is only a year older than Melissa Benoist.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Well less that and more that it would be really expensive.

One episode would just be Snow and Stone sitting and talking in a pub.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

Small ville. Er, world.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yes small vile world indeed

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Here's the Soundtrack list for Suicide Squad

Purple Lamborghini [Explicit] by Skrillex & Rick Ross
Sucker For Pain (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors) [Explicit] by Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons
Heathens by twenty one pilots
Standing In The Rain (feat. Mark Ronson) [Explicit] by Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys)
Gangsta [Explicit] by Kehlani
Know Better [Explicit] by Kevin Gates
You Don’t Own Me (feat. G-Eazy) by Grace
Without Me by Eminem
Wreak Havoc by Skylar Grey
Medieval Warfare by Grimes
Bohemian Rhapsody by Panic! At The Disco
Slippin’ Into Darkness by War
Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival
I Started a Joke (feat. Becky Hanson) by ConfidentialMX

http://www.slashfilm.com/suicide-squad-soundtrack/

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Sucker For Pain (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors) [Explicit] by Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons
Standing In The Rain (feat. Mark Ronson) [Explicit] by Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys)
Without Me by Eminem

this is jared leto's worst tryhard joke to date

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I got the biggest drat grin on my face

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oddium posted:

this is jared leto's worst tryhard joke to date

Try Hard 2: Try Harder

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Without Me by Eminem

Oh my god I am so hype for this movie, no matter what happens it's going to be glorious

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Now that a superhero movie is basically a license to print Money, i want studios to go crazy with it.give 60 mil to i dunno,Lars von Trier and make a man-thing movie.make it ambigous:is it a man setting people on fire?a supernatural monster?the longest streak of spontaneous combustions? I wanna see some freaky poo poo.im getting tired of all these blockbusters.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I want a Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends movie. Villains would be Videoman and Swarm. As long as we are dreaming, I want a Thundrarr the Barbarian movie too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We all know the best movie ever made would be a faithful recreation of the Herculoids the greatest cartoon of all time

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Burkion posted:

We all know the best movie ever made would be a faithful recreation of the Herculoids the greatest cartoon of all time

Not my Gleep and Gloop.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Burkion posted:

Dude, I've been trying to find this cartoon for weeks but couldn't remember the name for the life of me. Bless you.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Burkion posted:

It's getting a shared universe deal with Space Ghost, Birdman, Mighty Mightor, Johnny Quest and Frankenstein Jnr:

It's only a comicbook series but I'm guessing they're testing the waters to see whether the characters are still popular enough for a revival animated series. They're also doing an updated Scooby Doo comic series (with hipster Shaggy and cyber-emoji Scooby) and a post-Apocalyptic Wacky Races reboot in a desperate attempt to make those 1960s IPs relevant again.

There's also going to be a new animated Scooby Doo movie which will attempt to launch a Hanna Barbera shared cinematic universe.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly I'm a bit worried about that and I can tell you why

Herculoids is seriously my favorite Hanna Barbera series and it's entirely because it's just no bullshit pure 15 minute chunks of insanity and amazing

It's about Space Tarzan, his family, and his family of super powered monsters fighting aliens and monsters and everything in between to protect their planet filled with non stop lasers and explosions and explosive lasers.

There is no useless character, no comic relief that eats up screen time but provides nothing else- every one of them is cool and awesome and it's just everything a 60s action cartoon needed to be.

Also all of the drugs they had to of been on Jesus Christ.

I don't know what the 80s version was like, having never seen it and never managing to track it down, but Herculoids is not the kind of property that would benefit from being updated or modernized. It's pure pulpy bullshit from start to finish with laser dragons and stone apes and living sex toys galore.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Personally, I want adaptations of Ulysses 31 and Cities of Gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ki99YBVKyw

poo poo was great.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Burkion posted:

I don't know what the 80s version was like, having never seen it and never managing to track it down, but Herculoids is not the kind of property that would benefit from being updated or modernized. It's pure pulpy bullshit from start to finish with laser dragons and stone apes and living sex toys galore.

Apparently these 'Future Quest' comics are going to be really faithful to the spirit of the original cartoons. Issue one came out recently if anyone wants to check it out.
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/future-quest-2016/future-quest-1

MonsieurChoc posted:

Personally, I want adaptations of Ulysses 31 and Cities of Gold.

:hfive:

Apparently there was a second series of Cities of Gold a few years back but I never got around to checking it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vNQfbXDSbY

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 18, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

:hfive:

Apparently there was a second series of Cities of Gold a few years back but I never got around to checking it out.

Yeah, there was. It didn't look that great so I didn't watch it, but my 10-year old sister loved it so it's got her seal of approval.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I mentioned earlier with my first post in here that I stopped watching comic movies because I really hated The Avengers. Like, a lot. Joss Whedon really let me down there, even more than with Alien Resurrection.

But I feel like I'm so far behind and I'm in a comics mood and I want to catch up with the MCU and "Foxverse" or whatever it's called. What movies since...2011 or 2012, whichever, should I look into? I would be most interested in Days of Future Past 'cuz I love X-Men but I dunno if it's any good.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

So I mentioned earlier with my first post in here that I stopped watching comic movies because I really hated The Avengers. Like, a lot. Joss Whedon really let me down there, even more than with Alien Resurrection.

But I feel like I'm so far behind and I'm in a comics mood and I want to catch up with the MCU and "Foxverse" or whatever it's called. What movies since...2011 or 2012, whichever, should I look into? I would be most interested in Days of Future Past 'cuz I love X-Men but I dunno if it's any good.

DOFP and First Class before it are both good, and you can probably like The Wolverine if you want to see Wolverine Wolverine-ing in a movie where saving the world is not the main objective.

As for the MCU, Iron Man 3 is a very entertaining Iron Man movie as envisioned by Shane Black, The Winter Soldier is only a bit better than Avengers when it comes to visuals but the writing and characters is definitely better, GOTG is colorful and funny, and Ant-Man is not completely an Edgar Wright movie but is close enough. Thor 2 had some issues with the writing and tone, but you get to see elves 9/11 Asgard with spaceships and engage in aerial combat with flying viking boats, and the ending had Thor fighting with portals. You should probably avoid Age of Ultron.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Iron Man 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Deadpool, Days of Future Past, maybe The Wolverine, and if DC is also on the list Man of Steel.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Now that a superhero movie is basically a license to print Money, i want studios to go crazy with it.give 60 mil to i dunno,Lars von Trier and make a man-thing movie.make it ambigous:is it a man setting people on fire?a supernatural monster?the longest streak of spontaneous combustions? I wanna see some freaky poo poo.im getting tired of all these blockbusters.

I want an appropriately insane adaptation of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol run but I don't know who the right director would be. Terry Gilliam maybe.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gilliam would be great for Doom Patrol but he'd be fantastic for The Filth. Or maybe Shade, the Changing Man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All I want out of life is a Michael Bay directed Silverhawks.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Michael Bay directs the 80s. Silverhawks, Thundercats, Centurions, Visionaries, Real Ghostbusters, Dino Riders, Dino Saucers, Captain Planet, Sky Commanders, Defenders of the Earth, Galaxy Rangers and Bionic Six. Then they can all crossover in a shared universe.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

How do we feel about the idea of Masters of the Universe directed by George Miller?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/744076085785034753

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Apparently there's a new character in the works called "Sombra". Personally, I think it would be unwise for Blizzard to introduce additional characters as this could make balancing more difficult.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kurzon posted:

Apparently there's a new character in the works called "Sombra". Personally, I think it would be unwise for Blizzard to introduce additional characters as this could make balancing more difficult.

I agree.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Forgive me, I don't understand why that post appeared in THIS thread. I could have sworn I was in the Overwatch thread.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Here's the actual poster from Ayer himself

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/744214165074509824

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
You know, I'm reasonably optimistic about this movie, given the talent involved and the series being a classic and one that can easily be adapted to film, etc., but this is some lovely graphic design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Are you suggesting Kid Pix isn't a perfectly viable program for modern day movie posters?

• Locked thread