Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jetamo posted:

Even Max's shadow is o_o about this.

Which is bullshit, how can his shadow show his eyes like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's a pair of eye shaped spirits that happened to be there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And there's the last title page element.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

next time on paranatural: ollie oop straight up murders a dude

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 15, 2016

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Excited to see who these "other friends" are!

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

This character looks oddly familiar and seems to be a little emphasized from the current prespective. Where has she been seen before?

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
That's Violet.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's a very light-haired violet i think, who is arguably also the focus of a panel shortly after max gets the note

compare hair against this i guess

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah the light hair and pink shirt threw me too, I thought it was somehow Suzy at first.

Also while Violet might be upset at Jeff's ostracization I don't see why she'd guilt Max over it, it's not like it's his fault Jeff went Carrie on everyone. Although she does seem kind of like the focus of the shot, so they might at least talk.

If Lisa passed the note I wonder if the secret she's referring to is spectral related, or some other secret? With all her weirdness it'd hardly be surprising to discover she knows about spirits too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Maybe Violet has a crush on Max?

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

I think the thing that threw me off the most is the outfit; I swear to god I've seen it before on a different character in this comic, but I have no clue where.

In any case, I really doubt that she is the one who made the note. Violet basically peace'd out the second hitball started to get crazy, and it's not entirely a secret that hosed up poo poo happened during the game. She seemed to get pretty freaked out by Jeff, but I don't know how she would figure out that there was any kind of deeper connection between them. On top of this, there is a truckload of evidence that, if anyone would know about the Activity Club / important secrets, it'd be Lisa, not Violet (She's been referred to as being really good at getting information, she has alluded to how there is more to the people who go to the School than one would otherwise assume, i mean come on she basically told Max that she was expecting him ect).

Whatever it is, I can't wait to learn the answer two weeks from now. (There won't be an update on Friday, and lets be honest it's going to be a page to introduce the people in this scene and another for them to actually start talking about it. And this already assumes we aren't going to get an inopportune scene change.)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the note writer is violet, who knows about max's secret meeting with boss leader. because violet is boss leader

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

violet is giant subterranean insect

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kikas posted:

Maybe Violet has a crush on Max?

If anything she has a crush on Jeff.
I'd like to see more of what Violet's deal is though.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, Violet gives off the occasional vibe like she's supposed to be a more significant secondary character than some of the other classmates. I didn't get a crush vibe from her talk to Jeff and her actions in Hitball so much as she's just being a good person. And since we're in the middle of enjoying another patented "Max nope's the gently caress out of the situation" moment, her reaction to Jeff's murder throw (stop playing around and go get an adult) shared his self-aware quality of doing the actually sensible thing instead of the anime thing.

The little martini glasses make me wonder what this school store sells, exactly. Looking forward to whatever joke Zack has in store about the menu.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

violet is max's yang energy that was sealed in mayview during whatever big event happened in the past

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Dolash posted:

Yeah, Violet gives off the occasional vibe like she's supposed to be a more significant secondary character than some of the other classmates. I didn't get a crush vibe from her talk to Jeff and her actions in Hitball so much as she's just being a good person. And since we're in the middle of enjoying another patented "Max nope's the gently caress out of the situation" moment, her reaction to Jeff's murder throw (stop playing around and go get an adult) shared his self-aware quality of doing the actually sensible thing instead of the anime thing.

Eh, I wouldn't say that so soon, since Zack has said stuff previously which implies that Max and Johnny aren't going to be the only people to get more involved in the Activity Club / Become spectrals. Assuming that's what Zack is actually planning, smart money so far would be on Cody, the other members of Johnny's gang, or the non-Dimitri members of the Journalism Club - but it's possible that other characters just haven't been getting the spotlight yet.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

an_mutt posted:

Excited to see who these "other friends" are!

Good odds he grouses about Suzy, and Max deadpans reminding him about the bug.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Dolash posted:

Yeah, Violet gives off the occasional vibe like she's supposed to be a more significant secondary character than some of the other classmates.

That vibe is that she and the normal kids clique are who Max would have ended up hanging out with if spectral poo poo hadn't happened.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Violet is actually Revolver Ocelot.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

violet is a character in a webcomic that i enjoy reading

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Why does the school shop sell bowling pins.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it looks like the it's also the gym storage room so they're probably for some bowling hitball hybrid game

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

VerdantSquire posted:

Whatever it is, I can't wait to learn the answer two weeks from now. (There won't be an update on Friday, and lets be honest it's going to be a page to introduce the people in this scene and another for them to actually start talking about it. And this already assumes we aren't going to get an inopportune scene change.)

Zack! posted:

I hope you're all excited for the School Store! We'll be checking in with some other friends before we dive deeper into this scene though :^) Thanks for reading!

so more like a month perhaps

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I'd always wondered why Lisa was on the school store link on the Paranatural site.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cheston posted:

I'd always wondered why Lisa was on the school store link on the Paranatural site.
Sticker sheet is out of date.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Update!

Alt Text: like if your feet go "tup"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes, good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Poison Mushroom posted:

Update!

Holy poo poo yes.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
There's a teacher and a conflict child, so i'm predicting... a lecture.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

tup tup tup tup tup

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

merry Christmas y'all. can't believe we get to see who wrote the note tomorrow

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Cryophage posted:

tup tup tup tup tup

Please

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Cryophage posted:

tup tup tup tup tup

Mr Starchman has my vote for Hokage

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Update!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Time to clip away, lest the readers see a mystery too deep.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-128

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
See you on Monday when we cut away to more Dad and Zoey hijinks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also when it cuts back in two months it will turn out he was just checking his pager (of course Starchman has a pager) because life is suffering