Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Lost 4lbs and I got a job. Today is p sweet.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

BraveUlysses posted:

better question, why are you guys still replying to this poo poo tier troll?

You're right I should read the past five pages of gun debate and earnestly try to continue the discussion.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ether Frenzy posted:

Counterpoint: I played football (tackle) on asphalt playgrounds from 2nd-6th grade, then played both sides of the ball organized tackle for 7 years including a year as a WR at a Div-II school (also in the same era as you, when the high school and junior high helmets were 10+ years old and "It kinda fits" was good enough) and I never got a single lingering injury playing football, have many great memories and life-long friends from it, and would wholeheartedly recommend my 5 year old nephews to play if they want to. It made me exceptionally good at catching things with one hand! A critical career and life skill.

Note: This may only apply if you play one of the soft positions like QB/WR/CB like I did (and Tide didn't). But, football is fun and cool and even if you don't let your kids play organized tackle, there's nothing better than beating your punk-rear end brother/cousin/friend on a sick out-route to the pylon and your dad (playing all-time QB) nails the throw perfectly just as you break into your cut, before you've even started to turn around to look for the ball.

I absolutely loved football. I loved the contact, the comaraderie, the toughness. I loved to hit. If I could light you up, hombre, you better be strapped in tight because I'm coming for you. I am convinced my issues aren't from games, its from practice and specifically, drills. Oklahomas? Every day. Bull in the ring? Twice a practice. Tackling drills, bounce and thud drills. Our own variation of the Oklahoma was ball carrier and tackler 5-7 yards apart. Tackler on their back. Whistle blows, tackler has to flip over, find the ball carrier and tackle them.

And 14-17 year old me in high school loved being 'starter and team captain on the football team'. The Letterman's jacket. Cheerleaders wanting to wear the jacket. Little kids thinking you're cool because you play football. Team breakfast on Fridays and team dinner before game. Big crowd cheering when you scored or the oooooooh when you lay someone out. Pictures and name in the newspaper. Week long football camp at a nearby boy scout camp with three a day practices. drat good fun and alot of really great memories.

I don't know that I would expressly forbid my kid from playing, but I'm not in any way encouraging it. Plus he doesn't (at this point) have the mentality for it. He's tough, but not aggressive.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Well I mean obviously, if you've got guns what the gently caress do you need swords for? Turn that poo poo into plowshares.

Also for a second I thought he was swinging the hammer at his own junk which pretty much sums up talking gun control.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Also for a second I thought he was swinging the hammer at his own junk which pretty much sums up talking gun control.

It looks like he's hit his junk a few times already.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
but what if im a god-fearing petunia farmer with varmints everywhere in this land of 400 million people.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Cakefool posted:

I shoot a bow and arrow for fun because it's fun, should that be banned because it's a weapon and I don't use it to hunt for food?

Shooting live anything with a bow and arrow is illegal in the UK.

Moving on from guns, Aldi is selling Wagyu steak so what's the best sauce to put on it to cover the burnt bits when it's well done?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

freelop posted:

Moving on from guns, Aldi is selling Wagyu steak so what's the best sauce to put on it to cover the burnt bits when it's well done?

Ketchup, or if you're feeling fancy, Heinz 57. Heinz 57 is to sauce like Miller High Life is to beer. The fanciest.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

freelop posted:

can we go back to gun talk? that's less of a :can:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Dude needs to turn his sword into some chain mail pants.

I got called a "dirty hipster" for driving the multipla today, equal parts hilarious and confusing. I like it though. If it did better than 40 mpg I'd drive it everywhere if I slowed down it'd do 50mpg. How much is an airbag set-up?

freelop posted:

This was stressed quite emphatically in training, I have no desire to torture small animals.

freelop posted:

50/50 Worcester/ketchup. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 17, 2016

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

freelop posted:

A cheeto tapenade.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

freelop posted:

If it's well done it belongs in the bin

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Sauce on steak smdh.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
When it comes to sports and injuries, I think it's important to remember that a lot of it is a case by case thing. Some people play football for years and have no issues. Others play for a year and quit due to injuries.

It's refreshing to hear that parents are reluctant to sign their kids up for football. I was afraid there would be a lot of "well I played for Xmas amount of years and I'm fine, the science is wrong!"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Guys, I'm out of my depth here, I need help.

My wife and I moved to New Mexico from California last summer. She wanted to "save money" by not registering her car in NM until the CA reg was almost up.

Her car, at the time, had a lien with Toyota.

In January, we sent the request to Toyota saying we need the title sent to NM DMV to register it. They said they'll have to request a paper title from the CA DMV.

Then, as we're waiting for that, my wife decides to pay off the loan.

Now Toyota says that they're no longer the lienholder and cannot get the title from CA.

The CA DMV, on the other hand, claim they still show Toyota as lienholder and that they in fact issued them a title in February.

We sent in a request for duplicate title but CA claims 1) they never received it, and 2) since Toyota still shows as a lienholder it wouldn't have worked anyway.

It's been so long, NM no longer wants to give us temporary registrations.

So we have a car that apparently cannot be registered anywhere anymore. We don't have a title. Toyota doesn't have a title. CA DMV won't give us a title.

What the gently caress do we do?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Pham Nuwen posted:

Pound on eardrums higher up on the Toyota Financial food chain.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cakefool posted:

This was stressed quite emphatically in training, I have no desire to torture small animals.

How is shooting an animal with a bow torture?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I'm looking at used sprinter type vans and was wondering if anyone here has experience with them. Anything to be wary of or avoid? I'm in the SoCal market so rust shouldn't be an issue but I'll still keep an eye out as I've seen a some here and there. I'm looking specifically for high roof models and preferably diesel. I'd mostly be hauling motorcycles and maybe the odd job for old people hauling Costco items home for their sweet old person money. It would be used for the occasional summer trip up the coast to visit family in the NW, too. So, thoughts?

Edit: unless I have to talk about shooting things, then I guess I should add I like guns? Especially the completely legal, silenced .22 pistol I shot while up in Oregon visiting the in laws. So quiet we didn't even need earpro! Then we had smoked turkey from my parents who have a farm but they don't have any guns themselves. All of their neighbors do and occasionally they hire the kids to stay up late and shoot at coyotes and other predators.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 17, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fyodor posted:

Sauce on steak smdh.

Abominable practice.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

QuarkMartial posted:

Lost 4lbs and I got a job. Today is p sweet.

Dang, that's a strict employment requirement.

Airline stewardess trolley dolly cabin attendant?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

While the USA can have some gun violence, I bet you UK duders wish you could see rear end like this on the daily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO89_H7GqaQ

:nsfw:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

I got called a "dirty hipster" for driving the multipla today, equal parts hilarious and confusing. I like it though. If it did better than 40 mpg I'd drive it everywhere if I slowed down it'd do 50mpg. How much is an airbag set-up?
Honestly, I struggle to think of any reason to drive a Multipla other than the hipster-esque "ironically".

Pham Nuwen posted:

Find an "interstitial" state which will let you register the car with random bullshit, then use that registration to register it proper?

When I hear these stories from the US, it makes me very glad for the DVLA - despite a lot of people bagging on them - actually being really easy to deal with for this stuff.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

There's hipsters in other countries? What in the purple gently caress?

Hey Tusen Takk, how do you pronounce MØ ? This Danish artist apparently gets bitchy when you prounouce it "MOO". I mean, I know the umlauts on Deutsche words, but the Ø is a whole 'nother level.

E: I wish I could show you guys the website I just wrapped up, but the doxxing would be strong, and a lot of SA people are buttholes.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 17, 2016

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dude, what's wrong with your penis?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Pound on eardrums higher up on the Toyota Financial food chain.

The wife did this, turns out if you talk to someone a little higher up they do have the title after all, and will be overnighting it.

Cool.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

corn in the fridge posted:

If it's well done it belongs in the bin

A VERY good post

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

BloodBag posted:

There's hipsters in other countries? What in the purple gently caress?

Hey Tusen Takk, how do you pronounce MØ ? This Danish artist apparently gets bitchy when you prounouce it "MOO". I mean, I know the umlauts on Deutsche words, but the Ø is a whole 'nother level.

E: I wish I could show you guys the website I just wrapped up, but the doxxing would be strong, and a lot of SA people are buttholes.

I think it's pronounced "low-rent Lykke Li."

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux9azE2JBNA

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BloodBag posted:

While the USA can have some gun violence, I bet you UK duders wish you could see rear end like this on the daily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO89_H7GqaQ

:nsfw:

You underestimate how fat our society is.

Speaking of fat, I just watched a Kevin Smith film called Tusk and it's possibly the worst thing I've seen in a loooooong time.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
TT, I'm genuinely curious. Could you tell me why I shouldn't be allowed to own a gun to protect my livestock?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

freelop posted:

Guess I'm going to Aldi tomorrow then. Salt, pepper, all purpose seasoning and garlic salt on a properly cooked steak (bleeding) provides a lovely sauce to dip your chips in.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Noise Complaint posted:

TT, I'm genuinely curious. Could you tell me why I shouldn't be allowed to own a gun to protect my livestock?

Because it's a slippery slope from protecting chickens to guarding puckins.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Noise Complaint posted:

Because guns give anyone from australia uncomfortable and confusing erections.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

one thing that would be nice for us gun laws would be some kind of storage requirement like down here in aus where the cops come and check out the storage area with heavy penalties for not following them. i also dont see the point in having a >10 round magazine or a handgun although it would be fun as heck im sure. i read somewhere that the vast majority of gun crime is done by cheap handguns in the states so some sort of floor price on handguns might be something worth looking at. if banning handguns outright would be too problematic to pass (its a democracy after all)

We have a problem in that last bit because literally any excuse a US cop has to come into your house is essentially probable cause to toss the place if they 'thought they smelled weed'.

Setting a price floor? It'd be easier to just cut the manufacturers a check directly.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Meat is murder milk is rape why do you want a death machine to guard your immoral livelihood

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Why is a Subaru downpipe such a loving oval office to remove

T-Square
May 14, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

No sports but motorsports :colbert:

QFT

I've been road racing motorcycles for like 8 years or so now, and I can only chuckle to myself and roll my eyes when the dudes at work start poo poo-talking each other about who's more badass for playing what ball-sport. I've had some pretty fuckin' close calls.

I do enjoy hearing your guys' stories though, it's pretty neat stuff.

:q:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

iwentdoodie posted:

Because Japan, you can replace Subaru with Nissan, Toyota, Honda etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

iwentdoodie posted:

Pb blaster soak, then get the top two with a big rear end wrench. The rest come off under the car with an impact gun, flex socket, and extension. The heat shields are really the bigger pain in the rear end, but breaking a few of the bolts isn't a big deal.

• Locked thread