Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It's around here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337&pagenumber=426&perpage=40#post451368596

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

CIG is finished

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Tippis posted:

You chose to make yourself a punching bag. There are others who have come here and integrated just fine, in spite of being far more — and far more explicitly — in favour of CIG than you claim to be.

He chose to PLAY a punching bag, coming up with 'mature', 'intelligent' arguments against anti-SC sentiment... in order to elicit responses from goons who've treated this as as an actual attempt at discourse.

It's a troll we've run on people millions of times. I've run it. Goons shouldn't be falling for weak amateur hour poo poo like this. He's scraping the bottom of the barrel for material, it's blatant.

Just say no to trolling yourself by replying to MoMA with anything besides ridicule. Don't be that guy.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Coolguye posted:

I saw a request for dogges like 25 pages back so here we go

My little homie Chip made a buddy

These are good and cool

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ManofManyAliases posted:

Wtf? How or why would I know this? I have no personal connections to anyone at CIG .

Dont you live in the same building?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

"Skörgin burk børk skork skîb bürg shårshin börk Chris?"

(Where's the loving money Chris?)

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Alighieri posted:

is there any way to make it not show posts from ignored users when people quote said ignored user? asking for a friend....

Not exactly as you requested, but if you...er, your friend is using Firefox or Chrome, and "said ignored user" is who I think it is, then you can hack it.

Your friend will need TamperMonkey:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/tampermonkey/

Anything that can run user scripts will probably work too.

Since SA uses jQuery, you can do this with a one-liner - create a script for forums.somethingawful.com with this:

pre:
$('.quote_link').filter( function(ix, ql){ return $(ql).text().indexOf('ManofManyAliases') == 0 }).closest('table').hide();
And there you go. An SC thread that is funny again, and with far less posts to scroll past!

There might be a way to figure out your ignored users in script somehow, and you could certainly re-write it to support multiples, but hey, effort.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think ManofManyAliases could find a belt for Ben?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Prolly the last stretch goal of that stupid belt kickstarter that swindled him

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Has NASA developed the tether for a space elevator yet?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Has NASA developed the tether for a space elevator yet?
Get it?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Because both a tether for a space elevator and a belt for :lesnick: would require an unheard of feat of engineering.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

CIG is finished

Ah man don't say that, I want them to survive till Citizen Con.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
So apparently in this sale the Caterpillar with LTI will be sold again, first time since November 2013. Another LTI promise broken.

The only explanation that makes sense to me for doing that is they are hurting for money bad.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

AP posted:

So apparently in this sale the Caterpillar with LTI will be sold again, first time since November 2013. Another LTI promise broken.

The only explanation that makes sense to me for doing that is they are hurting for money bad.
If the shitizens don't call CIG out on this, then they truly are beyond hope.

Alternatively, this will be a different variant of the Caterpillar and thus a new "concept."

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Cig would be doing great if it wasn't for that freespace 2 mod that killed all interest in space sims.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

AP posted:

This sale will be Drake Caterpillar and Dragonfly? If so, I agree with you, CIG is hurting badly for money.

Did you see how their reactions / body language are? Gorf said that CIG was extremely nervous during ATV yesterday. Has that carried over to today?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

AP posted:

Thats easy, hurting for money and incompetence are the only explanations for anything CIG does.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

AP posted:

The alternative is they have plenty of money and are just really horrible people.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"Hello and Welcome to NASA's Engineering 2016 Symposium. Our first speaker is Mark, he works at IZOD"

*audience baffled, crickets from crowd*

"Mark developed the buttons on Ben Lesnick's shirts."

*hundreds of hands go up in unison*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

Generous estimates of their daily operating costs are around 100k, they haven't been clearing that number for a long time now.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

If the shitizens don't call CIG out on this, then they truly are beyond hope.

Alternatively, this will be a different variant of the Caterpillar and thus a new "concept."

I think that most shitizens subconsciously know CIG is hurting for money. Thus, they excuse a wide range of blatant monetization efforts by CIG.

More generally, I have the theory that shitizens have a permanent mental disconnect. They subconsciously know CIG is in a bad way for money / management, but they haven't realized the ramifications of that. Consequently, they excuse a wide variety of CIG monetization and delays. It is similar to knowing that a whale (or tornado, or other massive natural / man-made object) exists and seeing it in person.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

thatguy posted:

Toast hasn't told us if he pledged for Transverse yet.

:smith:

It's good to remember there was a space game with an even smaller chance of coming out. :pgi:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Thanks commando o9

...and everyone else that chipped in on this

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

The script had to be written during the last 4 years from scratch, whereas HBS has over 30 years of Battletech history to draw from (not from scratch).

I squeeze comparable pieces of literature through my sphincter about twice daily

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Reddit trip report : Citizens seem confused about funds required.
ps. Hi zecumbe or whatever your name is! :yosbutt:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Now that's a stretch goal

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sperglord posted:

This sale will be Drake Caterpillar and Dragonfly? If so, I agree with you, CIG is hurting badly for money.

Did you see how their reactions / body language are? Gorf said that CIG was extremely nervous during ATV yesterday. Has that carried over to today?

I didn't watch the terrible thing.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

Uppity? No - if something doesn't play out well in the CIG-story, I either accept that or vote with my wallet (read: haven't donated any more). Uppity in terms of conversation? Not really. I've only really just responded/replied.

If there is a fire and goons say hey don't touch that it hurts and you keep touching it and saying "that didn't hurt I swear!" they will probably treat you like a child after a while.

tis true

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

LA traffic is terrible. This is true.

I saw a man die on the 405. LA traffic is basically Mad Max with slightly less dust.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

ManofManyAliases posted:

The script had to be written during the last 4 years from scratch, whereas HBS has over 30 years of Battletech history to draw from (not from scratch).

The script is over 450 pages long. It is sphincter clenchingly bad. Hours of mocap data have been captured and not one minute has been prepped in game. They do not have one mission up and running for sq42 . The net code is completely hosed and the ai doesn't work because the code has been branched internally.
Other than that I remain optimistic of a 2016 release like your good self.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Just not on the Gregorian calender

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

EightAce posted:

The script is over 450 pages long. It is sphincter clenchingly bad. Hours of mocap data have been captured and not one minute has been prepped in game. They do not have one mission up and running for sq42 . The net code is completely hosed and the ai doesn't work because the code has been branched internally.

Oh so that's why they didn't send anything new to AMD?

For those who missed it:

AMD dude who is part the AMD game promo thing posted: posted:

We're partnered with them [CIG], of course. We are. It's four months before E3 and we're getting our PC showcase set up. We're reaching out to get demos, sizzle reels, all kinds of different promo stuff. We hear back from a lot of people; there's some new stuff, new games, new partners, all that. Absent is a response from CIG.

Someone else here handles all that, she's calling and calling thinking there's some mistake or she's not getting through to the right people. It's now three months until the PC Gamer showcase and there's nothing on the table from CIG. She's trying to set up a conf call or a face to face with CIG and there's nothing solid set up.

She finally talks to someone over there and is assured we'll get a slice of scripted gameplay and some cutscene stuff with the big name A listers on the project. E3 is what, six weeks away? Maybe seven at this point.

A week later what we get a package with a disc, no explanation, table of contents, nothing. On it, there's nothing new, [its] a mashup of all their previous trailers. It's not even cut differently. We have the Hamil one, the Oldman speech, some fighters shooting things and some FPS segments that were lifted straight out of the last con they did. They're all just dumped into a "Promo" folder on a blu-ray.

She's thinking this is a mistake, they sent us the wrong material -- easy mistake to make, you throw in an old disc instead of the one you just cut, it got handled differently, an intern misunderstood what we wanted, whatever. So she calls them up again, no response, emails, nothing.

Two weeks later we get what is referred to around here as the "Letter." Capital "L" letter. The email is addressed to everyone high up at AMD, not even the gaming guys but the chip designers and the heads of departments. The PDF attachment is a rambling statement from Chris about how we're pushing him into something he doesn't think is necessary, he has a vision and that it's "too important" to be disrespected like this.

The decision was made to drop them from the show after that. Probably from our partnership as well, but that's above my head.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

EightAce posted:

Now c'mon, stop spreading FUD

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Wrecked Angle posted:

You too will need to do some spreading. Otherwise you won't be able to ... insert that script!

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Thanks for pointing this out. I now consider it disproven that ships purchased with store credit are double counted as additional revenue. I also am skeptical of another related hypothesis often floated here, that melts are counted as revenue.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jon Do posted:

He chose to PLAY a punching bag, coming up with 'mature', 'intelligent' arguments against anti-SC sentiment... in order to elicit responses from goons who've treated this as as an actual attempt at discourse.

It's a troll we've run on people millions of times. I've run it. Goons shouldn't be falling for weak amateur hour poo poo like this. He's scraping the bottom of the barrel for material, it's blatant.

Just say no to trolling yourself by replying to MoMA with anything besides ridicule. Don't be that guy.

Come now, while MoMA's posts are apologetic nonsense, I quite liked the 'Mech derail and some of the counterposts to his narrative. It makes people formulate simpler, more concise, less brain-dependent posts that are pleasantly undemanding.

Also he outed our shared dildo kink and man I've been in the closet about that one since Taygon ruled his seasteading empire

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Wrecked Angle posted:

I am Elmer FUD

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Much like star citizen, the AMD letter doesn't exist and it's better in our imagination anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

Who the gently caress would pay for a Caterpillar in this day and age? Hasn't that one been a laughingstock for like two years?

• Locked thread