Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Trast posted:

I am happy to help sub-65s with heroics when I am doing them. The exp is obscene and you get gear boxes if you are subbed.

Right, the best time to do Heroics is 60 and lower - you get gear boxes to make your gear better. 61 and higher you get KOTFE boxes which is nice, but not a huge deal.

This week's conquest is Nar Shaddaa - do all the Heroics for points and money and gear if you're like 30 or higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I just hit 21 again last night, so I'll be there soon. Thanks for the info, I'll be pestering folks this weekend.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Like taking up a raid spot and dying to a door.

Libel! I've never died to a door, I've simply been locked behind them repeatedly (where on one occasion, I died of unrelated causes)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Aphrodite posted:

The game does not provide a way for you to heal enemies

My sage begs to differ.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How does one make a few million credits trivially running through heroics? Do you mean just running them all or is there some trick to maximize credits?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Group up and you get bonuses.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bob NewSCART posted:

How does one make a few million credits trivially running through heroics? Do you mean just running them all or is there some trick to maximize credits?

I understand that the money each person gets from heroics is multiplied by the number of people running the heroic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

I understand that the money each person gets from heroics is multiplied by the number of people running the heroic.

Close - not the heroic itself, but the bonus. So say you run a Heroic and the credit bonus is 12,000 for completing the bonus objective. If you run that with two people, you get your 12,000 along with an additional 12,000 for the second person. Run the Heroics with a full group of four and that is 48,000 credits per person.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Speaking of heroics I can still do the NS ones on my alt later if anyone is around. With the guild bonus and any stronghold completion bonuses you might have they're worth a fair bit of your personal conquest target so you might as well bash them out if you can.

Also it's bounty week in case anyone missed it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wow Id better get some drat good compensation for killing Broonmark. Those answers were vague as poo poo and he turned around and attacked me even after I granted him his request for some reason. :argh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You get an achievement if you complete the quest. Otherwise you can reset the quest and answer better to recruit him.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Furnaceface posted:

Wow Id better get some drat good compensation for killing Broonmark. Those answers were vague as poo poo and he turned around and attacked me even after I granted him his request for some reason. :argh:

You monster!

Funnily enough as a SW you can talk him down and still have him join you, thus saving the wookie and getting him as a comp. Although of course, when you talk to Hylo she gets pissy and acts as though you just recruited Broonmark and let the wookie die. :sigh:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Has Bioware ever mentioned adding the intent icons to the chat wheel like they had in DA:I and hopefully Mass Effect:Andromeda? Their writers seem to think some of the calm responses mean you literally want to murder a child in this game and it would be nice to have a little more warning.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trast posted:

Has Bioware ever mentioned adding the intent icons to the chat wheel like they had in DA:I and hopefully Mass Effect:Andromeda? Their writers seem to think some of the calm responses mean you literally want to murder a child in this game and it would be nice to have a little more warning.

By default it should tell you if it's a light side or dark side choice.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Why would you NOT kill Broonmark? He's one of the most useless companions.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Medullah posted:

By default it should tell you if it's a light side or dark side choice.

I think their complaint was more about the non-alignment dialogue choices, which can be pretty misleading!

If nothing else, remember that you can always hit ESC to cancel a conversation in case you wanna redo a dialogue option.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Trast posted:

I'm more bothered by the fact that, when an Inquisitor's dialogue wheel's got "Oh boy!" on it, and you choose that response, your Inquisitor doesn't literally exclaim "Oh boy!" in a stereotypically excited '40s/'50s-style cartoon.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

Why would you NOT kill Broonmark? He's one of the most useless companions.

He's my Sith Clan murder-fuzzball bro.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Sombrerotron posted:

I'm more bothered by the fact that, when an Inquisitor's dialogue wheel's got "Oh boy!" on it, and you choose that response, your Inquisitor doesn't literally exclaim "Oh boy!" in a stereotypically excited '40s/'50s-style cartoon.

> Oh boy!

"I suppose that would be acceptable."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

dmboogie posted:

I think their complaint was more about the non-alignment dialogue choices, which can be pretty misleading!

If nothing else, remember that you can always hit ESC to cancel a conversation in case you wanna redo a dialogue option.

For the life of me I never remember that escape key is a thing. :smith:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It wasn't until awhile until i figured out escape key was a thing. Woulda came in handy for mass effect.

After finding that little detail, it sure was fun waylaying a noble for being a dick in the alderaan BH story, over, and over, and over.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Question, I'm getting quite attached to Kira, Teevee, Doc, Scourge and even old Rusk, but I'm getting pretty close to the end of the Jedi Knight story and then it's on the Fallen Empire plot, do I get to keep them as companions?

Like, do I keep toodling around on my old ship and it just fills with the new people too or is it a whole different setup?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

Question, I'm getting quite attached to Kira, Teevee, Doc, Scourge and even old Rusk, but I'm getting pretty close to the end of the Jedi Knight story and then it's on the Fallen Empire plot, do I get to keep them as companions?

Like, do I keep toodling around on my old ship and it just fills with the new people too or is it a whole different setup?

Every class loses all of their companions in the beginning of KOTFE. Throughout the storyline some of them return as characters in the story, some return as "alliance alerts" which are short missions to recruit a companion that show up beginning at chapter 9. And any companion you don't get back that you want back early you can summon a non-canon version from a terminal beginning with Chapter 9.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You also lose your ship and don't set foot in it at all throughout KOTFE.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You get your ship back pretty early on in it but all the old crew don't come back to it, save HK-51 and Treek if you have them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aleth posted:

You get your ship back pretty early on in it but all the old crew don't come back to it, save HK-51 and Treek if you have them.

You also never need to use it because you can basically fast travel everywhere that you would ever care to go in KotFE. On the one hand, kinda disappointing, but on the other, kind of a relief because gently caress extra loading screens.

Darium
May 2, 2016
Kinda sad about the old followers, considering how much credits I spent on em :-/

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Darium posted:

Kinda sad about the old followers, considering how much credits I spent on em :-/

If it's any comfort, those credits are already wasted since gear stats don't matter for companions

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can get them back as soulless husks.

But then they were that once you beat the launch content anyway.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

If it's any comfort, those credits are already wasted since gear stats don't matter for companions

So many wasted hours doing the Yavin weekly to gear all my companions up....

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

You can get them back as soulless husks.

But then they were that once you beat the launch content anyway.

I mean, Kaliyo's at the very least had a few fun lines wandering around Makeb? I kinda hate how the game handles those, because I spend 90% of my time either rocket-boosting or using a speeder and I feel like I'm missing almost all of them.

Also, is it just me, or is Ilum completely godawful? The environment's like a more boring Hoth, the planet storyline should feel huge but the conflict is brought up and resolved so quickly it doesn't feel weighty at all, and the two flashpoints associated with it are... just kinda dull. The introduction cutscene to Makeb had more personality than the entirety of Ilum put together, imo.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

So many wasted hours doing the Yavin weekly to gear all my companions up....

Yeah, but at least you got rep out of it for another walker mount.

dmboogie posted:

Also, is it just me, or is Ilum completely godawful? The environment's like a more boring Hoth, the planet storyline should feel huge but the conflict is brought up and resolved so quickly it doesn't feel weighty at all, and the two flashpoints associated with it are... just kinda dull. The introduction cutscene to Makeb had more personality than the entirety of Ilum put together, imo.

Ilum was meant to be the PvP world with an open warzone at release. It ran like poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Yeah, but at least you got rep out of it for another walker mount.

Which I've probably made 60 million buying from Yavin and selling on the GTN.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
False Emperor is still my favorite flashpoint since I think it really evokes the feeling of the final part of Return of the Jedi without literally being Return of the Jedi. It always tickles me right in my Star Wars organ when the dramatic music comes up and you have to Face Malgus Alone :3:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dalris Othaine posted:

False Emperor is still my favorite flashpoint since I think it really evokes the feeling of the final part of Return of the Jedi without literally being Return of the Jedi. It always tickles me right in my Star Wars organ when the dramatic music comes up and you have to Face Malgus Alone :3:

Shame they nerfed the poo poo out of the fight and the big iconic moment went away forever.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Shame they nerfed the poo poo out of the fight and the big iconic moment went away forever.

What was the iconic moment?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

When he became invulnerable and you had to knock him off the ledge before he killed all of you. They nerfed it so he could die normally.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Yeah, that's the one. You basically throw him over the edge, Return of the Jedi style (though with bombs rather than Vader Strength).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oh, they got rid of that? Why, because OMG RAID MECHANICS or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Fuzz posted:

Oh, they got rid of that? Why, because OMG RAID MECHANICS or something?

Yeah apparently it was too complicated so they just made it so you hit him a few more times and he keels over. Epic confrontation, it isn't.

• Locked thread