Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
You know what? If anyone deserved Pod's magic cock after all the horrible poo poo she's been through, it would be Sansa. So no matter how ridiculous, I'd be totes onboard with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

gently caress all of this, the rightful person to sit the Iron Throne is Salladhor Saan. :colbert:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

:lol: ahhhh...memories....

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

skasion posted:

Jaime's offer to Edmure is completely reasonable and the best solution he can realistically hope for. House Tully rebelled and its rebellion got put down. They are already defeated in the field, their allies have abandoned them, their king has been dead for like three years with no claimant to his throne, they have one castle and even the guy who wants to defend it is explicit that he's doing it just to say "gently caress the Lannisters" and die in battle. If Jaime decided to execute Edmure even now that the castle is taken, nobody would think it was out of the ordinary or unfair. He was a major lord and direct vassal to the crown, he rebelled against the crown and then he lost. He is getting a pretty sweet deal by being a glorified hostage for the rest of his life.

While he was certainly ready to do that, I think Blackfish's plan was more than sound if he had the 2 years of provisions he claimed. Everyone south of Winterfell has heard about the walk of shame and the arming of the faith militant by now. Cercei's daughter was straight up murdered by Dorne and there's been no repercussion. Everyone now knows the Lannisters are paper tigers and no one respects the Freys. Winter is basically here and food is going to be a lot more valuable than gold while the Lannisters are losing their influence with the Tyrells. If he waits out the siege, the Blackfish can probably hold onto his ancestral home.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CrazyLoon posted:

:lol: ahhhh...memories....

But when you're playing Regicide, Kings are immune to conversion :goonsay:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Skeesix posted:

While he was certainly ready to do that, I think Blackfish's plan was more than sound if he had the 2 years of provisions he claimed. Everyone south of Winterfell has heard about the walk of shame and the arming of the faith militant by now. Cercei's daughter was straight up murdered by Dorne and there's been no repercussion. Everyone now knows the Lannisters are paper tigers and no one respects the Freys. Winter is basically here and food is going to be a lot more valuable than gold while the Lannisters are losing their influence with the Tyrells. If he waits out the siege, the Blackfish can probably hold onto his ancestral home.

A good post that makes sense and also indirectly underscores that Edmure is still a twat

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Vanderdeath posted:

gently caress all of this, the rightful person to sit the Iron Throne is Salladhor Saan. :colbert:
What would he want a lovely iron chair for?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's dumb as hell to think the Lannisters are paper tigers when they have a fully armed, well fed army caked out in full armor at your doorstep. The Lannisters are bad at domestic politics, not war.

Edmure made the right decision. After all those years in a dungeon, why should he pen himself up in a castle for another two? And why should he care about keeping his ancestra home at all? No allies, surrounded by enemies. Fighting is losing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dad Davos better get to do good and cool stuff because he is good and cool and I hope he doesn't get raped to death or something

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Can't wait for Cersei to escape to Essos after her trial goes sour. Just like Eddarf suggested.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Vegetable posted:

It's dumb as hell to think the Lannisters are paper tigers when they have a fully armed, well fed army caked out in full armor at your doorstep. The Lannisters are bad at domestic politics, not war.

Edmure made the right decision. After all those years in a dungeon, why should he pen himself up in a castle for another two? And why should he care about keeping his ancestra home at all? No allies, surrounded by enemies. Fighting is losing.

They lost to Rob until they resorted to Frey trickery, their daughter was just murdered and they didn't do poo poo to stop it, hell look what the faith is doing in the capital. Sure the army is there but if came out to a waiting game its a safe bet to say within 2 years there won't be any Lannisters with power.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
actually there's a lannister with direct access to dragons, sooo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Zzulu posted:

actually there's a lannister with direct access to dragons, sooo
Can't wait for the Rains of Castamere to play while Tyrion cuts Dany's throat

Grey Worm and Missandei get poisoned, of course

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Vegetable posted:

Grey Worm and Missandei get poisoned, of course

That already happened gosh pay attention :rolleyes:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

That already happened gosh pay attention :rolleyes:
Yes that was the joke

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Is Cersei's uncle only hanging around being grumpy because of Lancel or does he want to support Tommen? A long time ago he said he wanted to go back to whatever the Lannister home place is, but then he didn't. Does he really want to be on the small council? I can't remember what his whole beef was.

e: He is Cersei's uncle/Tywin's brother right, that old Lannister guy that looks like a discount Tywin on the small council and he also blocked Cersei in the throne room last ep

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Blacktoll posted:

Can't wait for Cersei to escape to Essos after her trial goes sour. Just like Eddarf suggested.
Finally a Cersei and Tyrion reunion.

turtlecrunch posted:

Is Cersei's uncle only hanging around being grumpy because of Lancel or does he want to support Tommen? A long time ago he said he wanted to go back to whatever the Lannister home place is, but then he didn't. Does he really want to be on the small council? I can't remember what his whole beef was.
I think he's just fed up with all that bullshit in the capital, but stays partly because he wants his son back, partly because he's one of the few competent people around which aren't seeking to undermine everything.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

turtlecrunch posted:

e: He is Cersei's uncle/Tywin's brother right, that old Lannister guy that looks like a discount Tywin on the small council and he also blocked Cersei in the throne room last ep

He actually did go back to Casterly Rock; he came back when Cersei was in jail.
He left because Cersei is insufferable and dumb, and was in charge. He's used to following competent orders, but he couldn't handle her poo poo.

Then she got arrested and lost control over Tommen, which meant Kevan needed to be around to make sure everything didn't fall apart. Since Cersei has been disgraced, he can serve as an actually good and effective Hand.

He does also want his son back.

Seems like Cersei will probably kill him.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

He is currently the Hand of the King, so he couldn't gently caress off even if he wanted to.

I can't quite remember when that happened though. Must've been sometime is S5 when I was in a self induced coma from all the wheel spinning that was going on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Cersei is going to burn them all.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Didn't he straight up tell Cersei that he'd happily go home, but only if she came along so she wouldn't be able to keep loving poo poo up in King's Landing? And then she gave him poo poo for suggesting that she leave her son behind? I'm like 80% sure that happened.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

His name is Kevan and that really says it all

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Stay safe, pupper.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Please tell me there are more of those.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CrazyLoon posted:

You know what? If anyone deserved Pod's magic cock after all the horrible poo poo she's been through, it would be Sansa. So no matter how ridiculous, I'd be totes onboard with that.

lol if you think Pod the Rod is gentle

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Advice posted:

Please tell me there are more of those.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Zzulu posted:

Dad Davos better get to do good and cool stuff because he is good and cool and I hope he doesn't get raped to death or something

Going to die on Fathers day.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Tormund has a couple of daughters, I bet he gets to die on father's day.

Not sure if anyone else is one as well tho. Davos was one but...his kid's dead so...I hope he doesn't count? :ohdear:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

CrazyLoon posted:

Not sure if anyone else is one as well tho.
Sam

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

Not sure if anyone else is one as well tho. Davos was one but...his kid's dead so...I hope he doesn't count? :ohdear:

Jaime is still a father.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

turtlecrunch posted:

Kevan is hanging around because the tables have turned and now he has more power than Cersei and he is super loving happy to be able to lord it over her.

Look at his poo poo eating grin when he's standing next to the Iron Throne and Cersei's being shuffled into the ladies' gallery.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Kajeesus posted:

Didn't he straight up tell Cersei that he'd happily go home, but only if she came along so she wouldn't be able to keep loving poo poo up in King's Landing? And then she gave him poo poo for suggesting that she leave her son behind? I'm like 80% sure that happened.

You're half-remembering book-stuff. He says he'll stay in King's Landing and be regent only if she goes home to Casterly Rock.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Guys, remember how Varys didn't want Tyrion to follow him to the docks? It's because he didn't want him to see him transform into his true merman form and swim away.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Gendry the bastard is coming back for the Battle of the Bastards, you'll see

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Vegetable posted:

Arya's direwolf will burst from the seas, pulling Gendry's boat in tow like a sled dog.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

The Battle of the Bastards is actually Gendry versus the Sand Snakes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sand Snakes versus Pod the Rod. Battle of Bad Pussy Vs Magic Dick. I imagine it going down like Ghola Duncan and Murbella trying to sexually enslave each other in Heretics of Dune, forcing them to fall in love.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

http://www.wired.com/2016/06/crazy-game-thrones-theory-ill-bet-right/ :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
It's just Pod and BP loving for an hour with so much CGI in the background it blows the budget for the whole season.

• Locked thread