Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
it is impressive he survived that first round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

looking forward to Fedor vs. Beastin' 25/8

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I hope Fabio got paid.

E: and by that I mean that I hope he got decent money for that fight AND that they actually followed through and gave him the money.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
"there are many many questions"

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Wise Learned Man posted:

I hope Fabio got paid.

E: and by that I mean that I hope he got decent money for that fight AND that they actually followed through and gave him the money.

I choose to believe his bank account increased six figured between rounds 1 and round 2.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I had to go to a stupid job interview, will this be up in the fightpass library anytime soon?

oh it already is!

edit edit: oh my loving GOD

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 17, 2016

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
anyway i'm glad that even if it was in a fairly roundabout way via fight pass that ufc fans still got to see the greatest of all time fight fedor

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Triticum Guzzler posted:

anyway i'm glad that even if it was in a fairly roundabout way via fight pass that ufc fans still got to see the greatest of all time fight fedor

Can you imagine how savagely Bones would crush Fedor?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
We can safely say that Brock made a mistake in picking Mark Hunt because he would've had it drat easier with Fedor.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

make this the background of PSP please

https://giant.gfycat.com/CandidSaltyAnhinga.webm

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
fedor made his opponent fight in the home alone house and still lost

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
fedor doesn't too well when getting hit from under his own arm pit

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
All of the other stuff aside, and theres a lot of it, its pretty impressive he survived that

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

All of the other stuff aside, and theres a lot of it, its pretty impressive he survived that

and not just that but that he spent so long in maldonado's best position (opponent's thai clinch)

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'd still like to see Fedor versus a couple UFC heavyweights but there needs to be an age limit. How old is Josh Barnett? yeah make that the cutoff.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I'd still like to see Fedor versus a couple UFC heavyweights but there needs to be an age limit. How old is Josh Barnett? yeah make that the cutoff.

It would cool to see the Black Beast knock Fedor's head into the stratosphere.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Wise Learned Man posted:

I hope Fabio got paid.

Look man they let his family live, what more do you want?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

Barnett would probably cripple Fedor at this point in their respective careers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think something like Fedor/Mir would be amazing in Japan.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

Age facts (i was looking at this stuff earlier) The average age of a top 10 UFC heavyweight is 36 years old. Theres no top 10 ranked fighter in the ufc HW division under 30, the youngest is bizarrely JDS at 32. Fedor is younger than 2 current top 10 HW fighters (Hunt and Roy nelson) and just slightly older than Brock lesnar

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think something like Fedor/Mir would be amazing in Japan.

Oh my god yes

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
talking about fedor fighting anyone is kinda premature since he took the kind of beating that might make a man think about other things

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Or not think, as it were.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
anyway if he does fight again the opponent should be absolutely without question roy nelson

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

anyway if he does fight again the opponent should be absolutely without question roy nelson

[Demonius x voice] absolutely, ab-so lutely...

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/743922799740215296

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

yeah Roy Nelson would be good.

Fedor fighting anyone vigorous (which according to manyak is a man aged about 35 in heavyweight years) would be sad, however I think if you restricted the list to: Roy Nelson, rematches with Hunt or Werdum (:siren::siren: ONLY IF THEY ARE COMING OFF OF LONG LOSING STREAKS AND COMPLICATED SURGERIES :siren::siren:) or the fights with some historical significance like Fedor vs Barnett or Fedor vs Brock finally happening, I'd be okay with them.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Roy would straight up murder the Fedor we just saw so yeah sure book it

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Fedor sucks and at this point I have zero interest in seeing him in the UFC

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Mind you, one might have said the same about Mark Hunt in 2009 and look where we are today

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mark Hunt will KO Brock and then do the same to Fedor, and this will be the best decade of MMA for it

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

mmafighting posted:

Following his controversial majority decision victory over Fabio Maldonaldo Friday night in St. Petersburg, Russia at EFN 50, a fight in which he almost got knocked out in the first round, Emelianenko implied that his fighting days aren't over yet.

"All is still ahead," he said at the post-fight press conference, "we will fight on."

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
currently on WSOF: USA chants in a fight between a Peruvian and a Brazilian

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
lmao @ everything about that fight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
someone said fedor ran like QWOP so i did this

https://vine.co/v/ildzTqiV9vb

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I like when Doomsday hits people in the body and legs so I liked that fight.

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016

manyak posted:

the youngest is bizarrely JDS at 32.

:stare:

sometimes I forget brazilian years isn't just a joke

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

TheUltimateDoofus posted:

:stare:

sometimes I forget brazilian years isn't just a joke

tbf JDS looked like a middle-aged janitor when he was 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
I don't know why but WSoF set up a brother vs brother fight for their next card. Phoenix Jones vs Caros Fodor is official.