Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HappyHippo posted:

time to unskew twitter

Break it down to cost per like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/01/17/george-wallace-donald-trump/78942536/

George Wallace's daughter just disavowed Trump as being worse than her dad.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Xandu posted:

They've learned nothing!

Lol

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Clinton could pay him herself as the best October Surprise ever.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Unlike Trump, Wallace "knew his limitations, he knew the limitations of the executive branch," Kennedy told an audience at the McLean Community Center.

"He never would have attacked a culture or people on their religion and he also had a lot of respect for the process and the candidates that he was running against."

Wallace also wouldn't have "put out vicious attacks on the other candidates, especially such personal attacks," she said.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

EDIT: Barry Goldwater is not George Wallace. My bad.

Barry Goldwater's widow has done the same. She has gone so far as to say she was voting for Hillary and claim Barry would have.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...his-widow-says/

quote:

“Ugh or yuck is my response," Susan Goldwater Levine said Thursday night when called by a reporter. "I think Barry would be appalled that his home was being used for that purpose. Barry would be appalled by Mr. Trump’s behavior — the unintelligent and unfiltered and crude communications style. And he’s shallow — so, so shallow.”

Asked to respond to Levine's criticisms, Hobbs suggested that her opinion was less important because she was Goldwater's second wife. Goldwater remarried after his first wife, Margaret, passed away.

“She was his second wife; she’s not his first wife," Hobbs said. "So she came along later in life.... She’s entitled to her opinion, but Barry was a Republican and Donald Trump’s a Republican, and we’re going to support whoever the Republican nominee is."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 18, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

You know this tweet is kind of representative of Trump's problem in general (and in the general). It makes perfect sense to Republican primary voters but Obama's approval rating is at 54% so a majority of people would be fine with four more years of him. Mainly because of who their current presidential choices are.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Reince has foreseen this. It is his destiny.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Jewel Repetition posted:

You know this tweet is kind of representative of Trump's problem in general (and in the general). It makes perfect sense to Republican primary voters but Obama's approval rating is at 54% so a majority of people would be fine with four more years of him. Mainly because of who their current presidential choices are.

would you rather have:
[x] 4 more years of a fair-to-middling status quo
[_] 4 years of a guaranteed national dumpster fire that may consume your family and everything you hold dear

man i just don't get why more people aren't checking box 2

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Is he RNC making up for Trump's massive lack of people? Like all "job creators" he assumes someone else will do the job creating for him

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Meanwhile, in Texas.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

That guy says he wants a closed southern border but his chin says otherwise

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Al! posted:

Is he RNC making up for Trump's massive lack of people? Like all "job creators" he assumes someone else will do the job creating for him

i want to say there was an article about RNC having 600 or so people on the ground, but they're also spending time on other races even as Trump seems to expect them to pick up the majority of the work

HappyHippo posted:

at what point does clinton have to ease off on the attacks for fear of the gop rallying to dump trump at the convention? even as bad as cruz is as a candidate, he'll certainly run his campaign more effectively than this. should clinton back off a little until trump's actually nominated? the wild card here is how much of a factor the pissed off trump faction would be should he be denied the nomination.

article mentioned how someone in her camp (i think?) said they are trying to cement things before the summer break starts, so that's why they're pushing harder now

e:

quote:

“I’m of the opinion that the whole thing comes down to June. It’s the last month when kids are still in school, people are still paying attention and minds are open before everyone tunes out for summer vacation,” explained David Cohen, a Democratic strategist who led battleground budget planning for Obama in 2008. “The important piece is you’ve got to communicate in that window so that they can start to build up their messaging before everybody tunes out."

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 18, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Sir Tonk posted:

Meanwhile, in Texas.

read that as amnesia first and was rather confused

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

EDIT: Barry Goldwater is not George Wallace. My bad.

Barry Goldwater's widow has done the same. She has gone so far as to say she was voting for Hillary and claim Barry would have.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...his-widow-says/

Hobb's response would be "fine" if it was just the last bit, but he had to say the first part and be a complete rear end in a top hat about it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Karl Sharks posted:

read that as amnesia first and was rather confused

to be fair, they probably are

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

I listened to 2 hours of fnc today and that is indeed his problem. They are not working in reality.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Karl Sharks posted:

i want to say there was an article about RNC having 600 or so people on the ground, but they're also spending time on other races even as Trump seems to expect them to pick up the majority of the work

I suspect most if not all of them will be working triage for downtickets in swing/leans red states and be told to stay far away from Trump as possible.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Meanwhile, in Texas.

Al! posted:

That guy says he wants a closed southern border but his chin says otherwise

Its me. Im Simon Killface.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lmao

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Sir Tonk posted:

Meanwhile, in Texas.

this guy takes his surgeries without anesthesia like a real man

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
"Ironically, the presumptive nominee’s own toxicity is making the job of finding a vice presidential nominee that much easier, because the short list is so short. Multiple high-level Republican sources said it is topped by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, with Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions a distant third and Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin also in the mix."

Oh No

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-vice-president-224488

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Prof. Lurker posted:

"Ironically, the presumptive nominee’s own toxicity is making the job of finding a vice presidential nominee that much easier, because the short list is so short. Multiple high-level Republican sources said it is topped by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, with Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions a distant third and Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin also in the mix."

Oh No

I was just thinking moments ago it'd be hilarious to know how many people told him no thanks, please remove me from consideration

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
yes i lust for vp candidate christie

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Trump picks someone as VP and he wins then legally they have to serve as VP. It is a lot like being subpoena into court. Technically you are allowed to say no but I think you goto jail until Trumps term is over.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DrPlump posted:

If Trump picks someone as VP and he wins then legally they have to serve as VP. It is a lot like being subpoena into court. Technically you are allowed to say no but I think you goto jail until Trumps term is over.

No Democrat ever called me Little Marco

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cmon Bachmann

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump being the nominee of one of the big two parties is like America is making out with a girl for the first time. We are not sure what to do about it or how to proceed but it is the first time something like this has happened and we should try to make the best of it. Getting all the way to this stage without taking money from the one percent is a big deal. No one has been able to do it before so lets try to figure out how to make it happen more often.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Prof. Lurker posted:

Oh No

Out of Clinton's VP shortlist who hates Christie enough to know how to eviscerate him onstage? Corey Booker? I used to work in Newark, and it was this fascinating place of sealed finance office parks connected to the PATH. My first day there I wondered why that was. Minnesota does it because the winter there is brutal, and you don't want to go outside in winter if you can.

Then I realized it was to protect the office workers from the poor people outside.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Prof. Lurker posted:

Oh No

I very rarely play the PredictIt game, but when I do, it's putting $15 on Gingrich with a 5:1 payout.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/743855759511986176

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

The Boy Who Lived (in his mother's basement)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

logikv9 posted:

yes i lust for vp candidate christie

Need the fat comic relief

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/743936610371256320

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/743955253226135552

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
DAMNIT JOEMENTUM, YOU HAVE BESTED ME FOR THE LAST TIME

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
He makes a good point with the "series of tweets" bit.

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/743900079061348352

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sometimes I don't think he can surprise me with his gloating but he sometimes still does

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

He makes a good point with the "series of tweets" bit.

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/743900079061348352

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

like i get a daughter trying to whitewash her father but george wallace was a loving rear end and unlike trump, actually had power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Can someone explain to me why Donald Trump is holding free rallies in Texas this week?

I mean, I know the answer is "lol nothing matters", but....

• Locked thread