Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Adam's is a lab though right?

I feel like labs hold a special place in the world of dogs eating poo poo. Ours tore up a box of shotgun shells once and one time somehow opened the door to the fridge and ate an entire lasagna. He was hospitalized once because he (unbeknownst to us) could hop onto the counter, and from there, get on top of the fridge where there was 4 bags of bakers chocolate. Like I said before he's calmed down now, but sometimes I still find a fork or a spoon that I know was in the sink when I left on the floor, implying that at 9 years old he can still hop onto the counter and just walk around.

so yeah crate training is needed sometimes

Ya i believe its a black lab and he says its up to like 135 LBs already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Young labs have endless amounts of energy. My brother has one and we ran that dog outside for hours over Christmas and he wanted more.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

rotinaj posted:

and a line of decorative urns we put in the way to the kitchen.

This is fantastic.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

~Coxy posted:

If the rants are anything to go by, those projects *are* with parental help. :eng99:

That said, if they're going to a top flight private school then the other kids in the class are probably going to be a lot smarter and have more parental involvement/pressure than someone whose parent doesn't believe in homework.

He said on today's episode that they go to a public school

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

He said on today's episode that they go to a public school

No they dont. Its most definitely a private school that he has to pay for. I remember when he said they were looking at schools and he wanted to avoid the ones that were too crunchy/new age.

He wont send his kids to LAUSD schools.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I know they went to private schools in the past because he would complain about them running fundraisers which I agree with.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JB50 posted:

No they dont. Its most definitely a private school that he has to pay for. I remember when he said they were looking at schools and he wanted to avoid the ones that were too crunchy/new age.

I just listened to the episode and I guess they do go to a public school. He qualified it and said its a good one though. I guess in Cali you can just pick what school your kids go to? I know we dont get to pick the school here in MN.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Don't know anything specific but he probably moved in part to get to a better public school.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

He literally said that since he's in a good neighborhood they go to public school on yesterday's episode. He spent ten minutes talking about it.

EDIT: Saw your second post.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Does anyone else find Jo Koy and Adam's "Improv" to be insanely unfunny? "Black Lab" was mildly amusing the first time but the rest of it just goes way the hell too long.

Also, according to Neal Brennan, Jo Koy is a dick.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

visuvius posted:

Does anyone else find Jo Koy and Adam's "Improv" to be insanely unfunny? "Black Lab" was mildly amusing the first time but the rest of it just goes way the hell too long.

Joy Koys black guy persona is insanely unfunny. I wish he would just talk to comics instead of rehashing the same poo poo voices they did the last time in.

Big momma got it goin on belongs in this category too.

The bit him and Koy did about the cops collecting money and not chasing bank robbers was pretty good.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 15, 2016

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Adam will come across a funny bit and then just run it into the loving ground every time that guest is on. DAG's Teddy Pendergrass, Steve Austin's PSAs, Jay Mohr's Big Momma Got It All, Jo Koy's Bung Lu Su/Black Lab/Brown Sugar.

I bet DAG quit coming on the show because he got sick of doing the same bit over and over again.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

comedy factory

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Tweak posted:

comedy factory

And yet he owns TWO warehouses.

Really makes you think.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Is Brian still completely insufferable and comfortably inside Adam's rear end on the show? I listen to Film Vault and Brian was talking about how one of Adam's employees had to Uber to pay for his wedding after working for Adam for years and he said it without a tinge of irony.

McJuicy
May 9, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Is Brian still completely insufferable and comfortably inside Adam's rear end on the show? I listen to Film Vault and Brian was talking about how one of Adam's employees had to Uber to pay for his wedding after working for Adam for years and he said it without a tinge of irony.

Yes, and.

LFO
May 9, 2009

visuvius posted:

the improv4humans podcast showed me how good improv can be, whenever it gets boring they quickly cut to something else in the same scene, where adam rarely cuts.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Well weddings can be EXTREMELY expensive, and Im not sure Chris HAS to work for Uber to pay for his wedding, but some extra money is always good. As far as I know hes been Ubering for quite a while, and I dont think he started doing it just for his wedding. Besides realistically what do you think these guys deserve to get paid for working for Adam, plus they live in California which has almost the highest cost of living in the country.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

JB50 posted:

Well weddings can be EXTREMELY expensive, and Im not sure Chris HAS to work for Uber to pay for his wedding, but some extra money is always good. As far as I know hes been Ubering for quite a while, and I dont think he started doing it just for his wedding. Besides realistically what do you think these guys deserve to get paid for working for Adam, plus they live in California which has almost the highest cost of living in the country.

Yeah, but still

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
In other news, Gina Grad continues to be a completely empty vessel.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

I think it was actually Matt that Brian was talking about. Anyway, yeah, I didn't really think it through that day to day to life is one thing but most incomes could not handle a wedding. I guess I'm just adding that to the rest of what I've heard along the years listening to the podcast that gives me the impression they get paid a pittance, guess they could always leave but I don't know how many podcast producer jobs there are out there. I also just think Adam is rich enough to pay his employees more for dealing with his bullshit, but I'm way left of him and he can do what he wants and it's up to them to take it, since they don't seem to mind.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 16, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

visuvius posted:

In other news, Gina Grad continues to be a completely empty vessel.

For being a Mensa member (laff) she sure comes off as dumb (she is).

LOL at her not knowing why blood banks dont want blood from gay people. (Aids duh)

Plus I think his lackeys get paid pretty well if for no other reason than no one ever seems to leave.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I mean it is pretty dumb that gay people can't give blood at all because it's not like they just shove the blood right into someone else without testing it first anyway

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I'm not allowed to give blood due to being in the United Kingdom for a short period in the 80s. It's completely reasonable that you can't give blood if you're gay or a past IV drug user. All that extra special screening adds cost.

EDIT: I use propecia, just found out I cannot give blood unless I stop for at least a month

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 16, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JB50 posted:

LOL at her not knowing why blood banks dont want blood from gay people. (Aids duh)

The gay blood ban is really dumb because if you're in a monogamous relationship for many years, it's not like AIDS will suddenly pop up in your blood because you're gay.

Also the gay blood ban is dumb because you could easily lie and just say you've never had gay sex and donate anyway, which is why they test all donated blood.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Statistically speaking and in a world where tests aren't perfect / everything is a numbers game anyway, the gay* blood ban/deferrals make a ton of sense. This isn't stuff coming from bible bumper land, it's from the CDC/FDA. If people lie because they're dying to donate their blood then fine, unless everyone is doing that in practice (which they aren't) then it's neither here nor there. It won't be around forever, in any case.

*not just "gay", forget details but male on male sexual contact or something

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
"Men who have sex with men" is the phrasing they use

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The live show with Drew from a few days ago is pretty great. Even Brian was killing it.

LFO
May 9, 2009

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I mean it is pretty dumb that gay people can't give blood at all because it's not like they just shove the blood right into someone else without testing it first anyway

They don't test each donation individually. They pool like, 100 donations into 1 batch, then test the batch. If the batch fails the test, all 100 get thrown away, even though it may have been only 1 that spoiled it. Apparently it's more cost efficient this way, but they need to do pre-screening to keep the # of failed batches lower.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

WampaLord posted:

The gay blood ban is really dumb because if you're in a monogamous relationship for many years, it's not like AIDS will suddenly pop up in your blood because you're gay.

Also the gay blood ban is dumb because you could easily lie and just say you've never had gay sex and donate anyway, which is why they test all donated blood.

It's not a gay blood ban. It's a man on man sex ban. A gay virgin is a great donor, for example. The stats speak for themselves.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

LFO posted:

They don't test each donation individually. They pool like, 100 donations into 1 batch, then test the batch. If the batch fails the test, all 100 get thrown away, even though it may have been only 1 that spoiled it. Apparently it's more cost efficient this way, but they need to do pre-screening to keep the # of failed batches lower.

Huh, interesting

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

LFO posted:

I don't think this is true, both my state's blood center and the American Red Cross specifically state they test each received unit of blood individually.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Moniker posted:

It's not a gay blood ban. It's a man on man sex ban. A gay virgin is a great donor, for example. The stats speak for themselves.

Also, it's not like that is the only group that is denied.

People who have traveled to certain countries recently, British expats, people that have gotten a tattoo in the last year, people that use or consort with drug users, and I think I might even be forgetting one or two more groups on the questionnaire.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

The actual reason for the blanket ban (and this is from my personal experience working in a blood bank), is due to the sheer volume of samples that are tested. They don't test everybody's blood individually, the samples get pooled. They may mix 10, 20, even 100 samples together in one big batch, and then test that. The tests are sensitive enough that it doesn't matter.

Now the problem is if that batch comes up as reactive for HIV, the lab will not then test each sample individually to see who was reactive and who wasn't. Every person in that batch will simply be rejected and their blood will never be accepted for donation again. Its just more cost effective.

This is contrary to the way testing is done for say organ donation, where samples are tested individually, or if they are batched they are later separated to see who exactly was reactive for XYZ.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I think I remember seeing (here in Aus) that you may also be excluded if you in the last x months had sex with a sub saharan African, which stuck in my mind because my partner is Zambian.

Obviously due to the massive AIDS problem in that part of the world.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Yeah go ahead and skip the Alex Epstein episode.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Question I've been wondering. Has Adam every admitted to being wrong about anything?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Moniker posted:

Question I've been wondering. Has Adam every admitted to being wrong about anything?

Picking the Patriots over the Giants on the super bowl.

McJuicy
May 9, 2008

visuvius posted:

Yeah go ahead and skip the Alex Epstein episode.

I love when guests come on and Adam tells them what their opinion is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Blood banks can only test for viruses there are well established assays for.

When new poo poo mutates and emanates out of a community (like AIDS did) then you can end up with contamination.