Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Sulecrist posted:

Haha gently caress off. These are outstanding.

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hencoe posted:

Oh hey, I get to see my dice before Havocs or tyrants!
You know you'd just bitch when you got them.

"These have too many stars!"

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

DJ Dizzy posted:

Nice. All you need is some annoying music in the background, and you are set for YT stardom.

I'll take that as a compliment! :) I have toyed with doing music understeer voiceover, but not sure if it works really, plus finding the right music is key.

DrPop posted:

Shouts out to krushgroove for getting me the special limited man and nerdwear from Warhammer Fest. Thanks dude!

you're welcome!

Now if I hadn't messed up Hencoe's request it would have all gone smoothly.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 17, 2016

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Von Humboldt posted:

You know you'd just bitch when you got them.

"These have too many stars!"

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

The Heresy train ain't got no brakes

Your ultras are the only version I've looked at and said, "yeah those are awesome looking."*

*except those 2nd ed throwback ones from last year some goon made

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

OhDearGodNo posted:

Your ultras are the only version I've looked at and said, "yeah those are awesome looking."*

*except those 2nd ed throwback ones from last year some goon made

They're the same person :ssh:

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 17, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sisko posted:

They're the same person :ssh:

It took a lot of restraint not to paint these guys the same way, Goblin Green bases and all.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I bet because the 2nd ed. ones is how I actually pictured Heresy-era Ultras.

Like the reaaaaaaaallly old artwork where the Ultras even have cheque on the armour it's so cool

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I only just realized that earlier today.

Have you contemplated that your 30k guys' geneseed is running raw and wild through your 40k guys' bodies?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

moths posted:

I only just realized that earlier today.

Have you contemplated that your 30k guys' geneseed is running raw and wild through your 40k guys' bodies?

Geneseed running raw and wild through 40 guys' bodies is how I spent college

I personally feel like my Heresy Ultramarines inhabit the 31st millennium just after Calth and my 40k Ultramarines inhabit a timeslot just after He-Man on Saturday mornings. I don't think of them in the same "universe" as dorky as that sounds.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Baby's first Imperial Knight is finally finished except eventually maybe a mask, although I kind of like her without it.

I want to add kill markings, but only for things I actually kill in-game.

Initially, I planned the color scheme to complement my 40k marines (purple and green dudes) but as I got deeper into 30k I decided to include a few little details that would fit in with my Sons of Horus. She started the Crusade somewhere near Mezoa, got picked up by the Imperial Fists, dicked around for a while until a hand-off at Askanisa, the Sons of Horus took her with them to Ullano, and then I don't know how that sickly green crescent/serpent/laurels thing got there, maybe my hand slipped, it probably doesn't represent anything I wouldn't overthink it.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Brilliant detailing like the crenallations mate!

The more I look at these demons I whipped up, the more I think they look pretty average.

Does anyone have a decent guide to Zenithal highlighting? I'm a bit of a noob.

Basically want grey flesh, bone horns, bronze metal. Bases will probably just be brown to keep it simple. Will have the same scheme for the Marines.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Paging Bulbasaur.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Having given it a YouTube I realised I did try to do that kind of highlighting with these guys but it doesn't look particularly subtle!

Also any tips for bone beyond 'Skull white, brown wash x2'?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Bulbasaur's blog is 'Power Fisted'. He certainly has a zenithal priming tutorial. I work up from brown to yellow to bone for my bone but I paint much fewer models than you seem to get through!

How is your summer looking? I need to paint up the three models I have selected to be the token not-dreadnoughts in my 30K list but otherwise would love to throw down sometime.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Ill have a browse this afternoon!

My summer is looking down for some games as I can take some days off. Give me a PM and we can hamslam

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Lord Twisted posted:

Having given it a YouTube I realised I did try to do that kind of highlighting with these guys but it doesn't look particularly subtle!

Also any tips for bone beyond 'Skull white, brown wash x2'?

I usually go for Snakebite Leather, heavy drybrush Bleached Bone, light drybrush Skull White. Or whatever those're called this week.

Comes out looking like this. Don't know that it'd work for bone-coloured armour, though - that feels like it'd need a different technique.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

krushgroove posted:

I'll take that as a compliment! :) I have toyed with doing music understeer voiceover, but not sure if it works really, plus finding the right music is key.
you're welcome!

Now if I hadn't messed up Hencoe's request it would have all gone smoothly.

It was a joke. Don't do music on unboxing videos.

:frogsiren: WARDEN AND CRUSADER KNIGHTS CONFIRMED. TREMBLE IN FEAR MARINES :frogsiren:

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 18, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

:frogsiren: WARDEN AND CRUSADER KNIGHTS CONFIRMED. TREMBLE IN FEAR MARINES :frogsiren:

Not quite new though...

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

It was new to me :colbert:

This does mean that Mechanicum can take them, right?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Yep. I think the only piece of wargear that they don't have access to is the gauntlet thingy whatever it's called.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Thats pretty wierd considering you can take a gallant.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
So as a side project I have some Word Bearers I am putting together slowly out of spare Calth parts, some dark vengeance bits, and any Chaosy looking stuff I can rustle up.
This weekend I had a crack at doing a quick test paint on a conversion I had done, I tried to get the crazy religious man look going on these.

Not finished of course, but you get the general idea, was thinking of putting them on lava basis to go with my new lava mat.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Killer_Bees! posted:

So as a side project I have some Word Bearers I am putting together slowly out of spare Calth parts, some dark vengeance bits, and any Chaosy looking stuff I can rustle up.
This weekend I had a crack at doing a quick test paint on a conversion I had done, I tried to get the crazy religious man look going on these.

Not finished of course, but you get the general idea, was thinking of putting them on lava basis to go with my new lava mat.

Those are some really sick looking Word Bearers even if they're not finished. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
"Legion Jetbike Sky Slayer Support Squadron"?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Probably heavier weapons scimitar jetbikes. Rapier level stuff.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

My dumb wishlist:

Assault squads, breachers, destroyers dropped in points.
Cerberus upgraded to 1+d3.
Falchion upgraded to 2 shots.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What is this? The LACAL replacement?

I hope it releases soon.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

My dumb wishlist:

But that's a good wish list.

Guess I'm doing a 6 man 30k apoc game, 3k each.

So all terminators and Perturabo or Perturabo and all terminators?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren:

We're kicking off a VisV campaign at the beginning of next month up in the Seattle area. If you have good hygiene, painted heresy models, and are heresy curious hit me up for the deets.

Lord Twisted posted:

In case you're scared to google 'power fisted':
http://www.powerfisted.com/?p=199

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

good hygiene, painted heresy models, heresy curious

You can only have two of the three.

Hencoe posted:

But that's a good wish list.

Guess I'm doing a 6 man 30k apoc game, 3k each.

So all terminators and Perturabo or Perturabo and all terminators?

All of them. That sounds like a pretty cool battle, hopefully your allies will bring something to balance out your mass of 2+ saves.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

You can only have two one if you're lucky, of the three.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

My dumb wishlist:

Huh, there's at least one new unit on there. The Jetbike Sky Slayer Support Squadron. It's probably just a jetbike squadron where ALL of the dickbikes have heavy weapons instead of 1 in 3. Not sure if that's really needed, but whatever. Maybe it's a sign of some kind that jetbikes might become more easily available at some point (plastic). I can dream. Also, Christ, there are a ton of Heavy Support options.

I need this goddamned book already. My future purchasing decisions depend on it. :shepspends:

BULBASAUR posted:

We're kicking off a VisV campaign at the beginning of next month up in the Seattle area. If you have good hygiene, painted heresy models, and are heresy curious hit me up for the deets.
I manage to fit all of your criteria, but I'm not anywhere close to Seattle. :smith:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 20, 2016

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

You can only have two of the three.

All of them. That sounds like a pretty cool battle, hopefully your allies will bring something to balance out your mass of 2+ saves.

Well my teammates are world eaters, and death guard or night lords. So there should be plenty of other bodies.

Also list because why not.

+++ Terminator IV: I'm Hard as Iron (3000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3000pts) ++

+ HQ (555pts) +

Damocles Command Rhino (100pts)

Legion Centurion (135pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon (35pts), Power Fist (5pts)]
····Consul (45pts) [Siege Breaker (45pts)]

Legion Centurion (125pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon (35pts), Power Fist (5pts)]
····Consul (35pts) [Primus Medicae (35pts)]

Legion Praetor (195pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon (35pts), Digital Lasers (15pts), Grenade Harness (10pts), Mastercraft a Single Weapon (15pts), Paragon Blade (20pts)]

+ Troops (1385pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (277pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 5x Combi-Weapon (35pts), 5x Legion Terminators (150pts), 5x Power Fist (25pts)]
····Legion Terminator Sergeant (12pts) [Combi-Weapon (7pts), Power Fist (5pts)]

Legion Terminator Squad (277pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 5x Combi-Weapon (35pts), 5x Legion Terminators (150pts), 5x Power Fist (25pts)]

+ Heavy Support (570pts) +

Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad (570pts) [5x Chainfist (25pts), 9x Tyrant Terminator (450pts)]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [IV: Iron Warriors, Traitor]

+ Lord of War (490pts) +

The Primarch Perturabo (490pts) [After Istvaan (35pts)]
····Master of the Legion

Since its apoc gently caress the FoC, that 2+ reserve roll is too good to pass up.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

In case you're scared to google 'power fisted':
http://www.powerfisted.com/?p=199

Great guide mate. Will pick up some paints for experimenting later.

One question - PSI for the airbrush. I find thin layers tricky to do, what kind of PSI do you use?

I think instead of grey skin I'll go for a more traditional red with the zenithal effect.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is that not 4 HQ?

fake edit now see the 'gently caress the foc'

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is that not 4 HQ?

Doesn't matter - the moment someone pulls out a Typhon all 4 HQs are dead.

Typhon needs at least a 25 points increase or something.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I laughed that they included the thunderhawk transporter. It has no model anymore and it's rules have always been comically awful. Would be nice if they fixed up the super heavies, but somehow I doubt they'll get to all of them.

Cool to see Malcador squadrons in heavy support though. All the more competition for those slots.

Lord Twisted posted:

Great guide mate. Will pick up some paints for experimenting later.

One question - PSI for the airbrush. I find thin layers tricky to do, what kind of PSI do you use?

I think instead of grey skin I'll go for a more traditional red with the zenithal effect.

Red will be super easy with a Zenithal effect. Don't be scared to push your highlights a bit. Post results!

As for PSI, I tend to do most of my basecoating at about 25-30psi. I knock it down to about 10psi for detail work (which I do very little of).

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is that not 4 HQ?

It's apoc, I told the dude running it why not let people bring shenanigans? Apoc is meant to have no FoC.
The other 5 people that are a part of it are all pretty chill dudes and no one locally own a typhon. Primarily because the scene uses ITC. if he changes his mind I'll just drop the command rhino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

FML I wrote a quite nice fluffy Word Bearers list... ended up for free with 10 gal vorbak from friends.

Gonna need to rewrite this poo poo. I want demons and have to take gal vorbak. Is there a list for that?