Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mmm.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Was in Milan recently on vacation and I got to visit the roof of the Duomo Cathedral, I forget if it's exactly what the devs had in mind when designing Anor Londo, but the architecture was extremely soulsy and walking around it felt so much like Anor Londo/Cathedral of the Deep

Dec 26, 2012

whoa

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Um I'm the exit sign showing the way to getting impaled by the archers

Soral
May 30, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Was in Milan recently on vacation and I got to visit the roof of the Duomo Cathedral, I forget if it's exactly what the devs had in mind when designing Anor Londo, but the architecture was extremely soulsy and walking around it felt so much like Anor Londo/Cathedral of the Deep

nice. wonderful. amazingly gorgeous. simply beautiful. *turns monitor on* cool vacation photos dude

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
lol at the 16-bit dark souls gif getting quoted more than the milanese cathedral

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Captain gently caress Face posted:

lol at the 16-bit dark souls gif getting quoted more than the milanese cathedral

this is the dark souls 3 thread, not the milanese cathedral thread

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*visits milan* guys this place is just like dark souls!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

this ones my fave

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

this is the dark souls 3 thread, not the milanese cathedral thread

htats a good point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[/me walking around Notre Dame cathedral as everyone else is awed by the majesty] Okay, but where's the next bonfire

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

[/me walking around Notre Dame cathedral as everyone else is awed by the majesty] Okay, but where's the next bonfire

lmao

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I went to Ireland right before ds3 released and went to a place called Glendalough which was a valley ringed by mountains with a lake and thousand year old abbey and graveyard and when I saw it I was just like "whoa, I bet this is what dark souls 3 will eb like"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

lmao

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

apropos to nothing posted:

I went to Ireland right before ds3 released and went to a place called Glendalough which was a valley ringed by mountains with a lake and thousand year old abbey and graveyard and when I saw it I was just like "whoa, I bet this is what dark souls 3 will eb like"

I just came from there. the tombstones are scattered all over the place like in ds1. killarney has a similar graveyard that's part of a ruined abbey.

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

nice. wonderful. amazingly gorgeous. simply beautiful. *turns monitor on* cool vacation photos dude

thanks I've got more but they're mostly food

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the duomo is so cool

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

the duomo is so cool

all duomo are cool. duomowns.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

putting the game's insaneley grossest monsters in its most beautiful level was such a good idea

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

swamp waste posted:

putting the game's insaneley grossest monsters in its most beautiful level was such a good idea

i think irithyll is fugly. it looks like dark souls 2 crossed with one of those pictures of space that opeople who take research chemicals like to look at while high on research chemicals

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
althogu h i do like the actual level design, i like going into the castle through the sewer and then climbing all the way up to the highest point in the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish they did more with the profaned capital

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wish they did more with the profaned capital

It took me forever to find the way forward and I ended up doing laps between the capital and irithyll dungeon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still haven't beaten this.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I got nibbled to death by a pack of rats in irithyll dungeon while trying to use a homeward bone.
rip that level up I guess

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I think I'm gonna go play dark souls 1 tonight instead and whack seath with great chaos fireball and my zweihander.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

i think irithyll is fugly. it looks like dark souls 2 crossed with one of those pictures of space that opeople who take research chemicals like to look at while high on research chemicals

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i soooort of like ithryll. i think it has really good level design, but the inside and outside are just sort of boring. it's also sort of disappointing that AL is literally AL, and ithryll dungeon is mostly a rehash of latria. but both of them have great combat set pieces that you can separate from that, so I can't be too disappointed.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

you say that as a joke but you would be singing a different tune of you saw irithyll on 40 milligrams of 5-act-homethyline. best night of my fukken life

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Over clocked PC, over clocked brain. Now that's paper

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

disagree, but, to each their own

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
People over hyped the dungeon. The upper cathedral ward and research hall were better

The jump scares are ace though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
opinion: the first segment of irithyll (between the fountain & the church) is the hardest part of ds3

• Locked thread