Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I too am against AMNESTIA

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Anyone know how to get in touch with Ted Cruz? I think I found something he's been looking for...

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/241573094291034112

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

ReidRansom posted:

I was just thinking moments ago it'd be hilarious to know how many people told him no thanks, please remove me from consideration

It sounds a lot like telling telemarketers to put you on the "do not call" list.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

It's nothing more than a media creation and a series of tweets

:ironicat:

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Joementum posted:

Can someone explain to me why Donald Trump is holding free rallies in Texas this week?

I mean, I know the answer is "lol nothing matters", but....

I heard something about 5000 dollars a ticket for the rally going on now at the Marriot in the Woodlands? I live literally 20 minutes away from there and poo poo's plastered all over the local news. Supposedly one of my relatives paid for one.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

like i get a daughter trying to whitewash her father but george wallace was a loving rear end and unlike trump, actually had power

Another key difference is that Wallace apologized for his lovely ideas later, something I can't really imagine Trump doing.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
When Trump starts proclaiming how there's no coup incoming shouldn't that worry his employees that there is, indeed a coup incoming.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Think about how much Trump used everyone. He went into entertainment as a reality show host. This means for years the liberal media minds at NBC Universal were paid to edit footage of him to make him look good. They paid Trump to allow them to film and promote him. This reality show was business focused so it targeted the exact kind of retards who run the GOP. They slowly changed the rules of their own nomination process to be more like the elimination rounds of Trumps reality show. After the first round of rule changes Trump uses their primary process to further promote himself. This convinces NBC Universal to renew the contract for his show. The GOP responds by further changing the rules towards a reality show to temp even more contestants that are even crappier than the last election.

Cut to mid-2015:
Trump then begins to angle for his own "right wing" news network with the execs at NBC Universal. They tell him that his name is not well known enough for them to back this idea for now. Trump enters the GOP primary which is now a reality show with 17 other contestants. Using his experience and fame as a reality show host Donald Trump assumes to role of host of the GOP Primary. During the primary he methodically targets and eliminates opponents one by one. He uses every trick in the book from reality show style voting. He give them nick names and forms alliances that work in his favor.

His version of the GOP primary is the most popular of all time. It has the all time highest ratings of this genre and a record number of at home participants. Trump of course wins because he is running the show. Many people are unsure of what is going on but raise the alarm that something is amiss. Once he secures a ratfuck-proof majority the media narrative shifts entirely. Sometime during the primaries NBC Universal figured out what he was doing. He is taking the celebrity fame they gave him and is leveraging it for political means. A sort of crude version of the daily show. He was fired from his own show and lost all sorts of liberal media linked sponsorships. The jews that run the media are mad at him for using their own tools against them. At this point the flood gates are opened against Trump not only does he have the "liberal media" going at him full force but also Hillary starting to ramp up her general election campaign against him. Around the same time the one percent and GOP start trying to wrangle him in. When this fails they start to turn against him to teach him obedience.

This is where we are at. I think Trump is flailing because season 1 of the political apprentice has ended and he is standing alone. He has tried to ad lib by attacking Warren and some media personalities but it isn't working. People are expecting a 1 on 1 fight as it has always been done. I think he has figured he needs to pick a side and since The GOP is for themselves, DNC for Hillary and the Media for ratings/money he choose the media.

What could Trump offer the media to make up for abusing their previous rewards. It looks like they have decided that it will be the destruction of the GOP. He is starting to build up an army of #nevertrump. I think season 2 of this whole show will begin on July 1st like Trump said after his vacation. Before it can begin though he needs to be real low in the polls. Low enough that the GOP has decided to fight him and replace him. The problem with their plan is that everyone in America will be on Trumps side in the narrative of the GOP vs Trump.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Randabis posted:

I heard something about 5000 dollars a ticket for the rally going on now at the Marriot in the Woodlands? I live literally 20 minutes away from there and poo poo's plastered all over the local news. Supposedly one of my relatives paid for one.

There probably are a few VIP tickets that they sell, but I'm sure Captain Amnestia up there didn't pay $5,000.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

DrPlump posted:

Think about how much Trump used everyone. He went into entertainment as a reality show host. This means for years the liberal media minds at NBC Universal were paid to edit footage of him to make him look good. They paid Trump to allow them to film and promote him. This reality show was business focused so it targeted the exact kind of retards who run the GOP. They slowly changed the rules of their own nomination process to be more like the elimination rounds of Trumps reality show. After the first round of rule changes Trump uses their primary process to further promote himself. This convinces NBC Universal to renew the contract for his show. The GOP responds by further changing the rules towards a reality show to temp even more contestants that are even crappier than the last election.

Cut to mid-2015:
Trump then begins to angle for his own "right wing" news network with the execs at NBC Universal. They tell him that his name is not well known enough for them to back this idea for now. Trump enters the GOP primary which is now a reality show with 17 other contestants. Using his experience and fame as a reality show host Donald Trump assumes to role of host of the GOP Primary. During the primary he methodically targets and eliminates opponents one by one. He uses every trick in the book from reality show style voting. He give them nick names and forms alliances that work in his favor.

His version of the GOP primary is the most popular of all time. It has the all time highest ratings of this genre and a record number of at home participants. Trump of course wins because he is running the show. Many people are unsure of what is going on but raise the alarm that something is amiss. Once he secures a ratfuck-proof majority the media narrative shifts entirely. Sometime during the primaries NBC Universal figured out what he was doing. He is taking the celebrity fame they gave him and is leveraging it for political means. A sort of crude version of the daily show. He was fired from his own show and lost all sorts of liberal media linked sponsorships. The jews that run the media are mad at him for using their own tools against them. At this point the flood gates are opened against Trump not only does he have the "liberal media" going at him full force but also Hillary starting to ramp up her general election campaign against him. Around the same time the one percent and GOP start trying to wrangle him in. When this fails they start to turn against him to teach him obedience.

This is where we are at. I think Trump is flailing because season 1 of the political apprentice has ended and he is standing alone. He has tried to ad lib by attacking Warren and some media personalities but it isn't working. People are expecting a 1 on 1 fight as it has always been done. I think he has figured he needs to pick a side and since The GOP is for themselves, DNC for Hillary and the Media for ratings/money he choose the media.

What could Trump offer the media to make up for abusing their previous rewards. It looks like they have decided that it will be the destruction of the GOP. He is starting to build up an army of #nevertrump. I think season 2 of this whole show will begin on July 1st like Trump said after his vacation. Before it can begin though he needs to be real low in the polls. Low enough that the GOP has decided to fight him and replace him. The problem with their plan is that everyone in America will be on Trumps side in the narrative of the GOP vs Trump.

What reality I'm I in? What's going on? I feel like I'm in an episode of lovely Doctor Who.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Joementum posted:

There probably are a few VIP tickets that they sell, but I'm sure Captain Amnestia up there didn't pay $5,000.

Yeah I think the people who paid get to shake his hand or some poo poo hahaha.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

DrPlump posted:

Cut to mid-2015:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/743960096133292032

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Joementum posted:

Can someone explain to me why Donald Trump is holding free rallies in Texas this week?

Haven't you heard? This is the year Texas's going blue!!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

holy moley trump is surging!!

quote:

Donald Trump chipped away at Hillary Clinton's lead in the presidential race this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday, as the candidates clashed over how to respond to the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The poll, conducted from Monday to Friday, showed Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, with a 10.7 point lead among likely voters over Trump, her likely Republican rival in the November presidential election. That's down from a lead of 14.3 points for Clinton on Sunday, the day an American-born shooter who declared allegiance to militant group Islamic State killed 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Haven't you heard? This is the year Texas's going blue!!

This made me LOL as a person living in Texas that hates living here.

Also this "horse race" narrative is loving hilarious.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Joementum posted:

Ray Washburne is one of Trump's major finance guys and lives in Dallas, he held a private fundraiser where he probably tried to convince the local Republican major donors that Trump is not terrible. As for the rally, optics, everyone would know he flew into Dallas and he probably didn't want it to look like it was just about asking for money from rich people. Plus ego.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the giant nerd baby fash pictured here got into it with some fb comrades and myself the other week. he's exactly as vile and stupid as the story suggests

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/743965817386086401

because he doesn't have to ask

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
trump on stage now

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Prof. Lurker posted:

"Ironically, the presumptive nominee’s own toxicity is making the job of finding a vice presidential nominee that much easier, because the short list is so short. Multiple high-level Republican sources said it is topped by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, with Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions a distant third and Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin also in the mix."

Oh No

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-vice-president-224488

yes trump please pick the guy who deleted a bunch of emails to cover up a scandal as your vp. please!

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Could Trump pay his kids for campaign work, and if he did, would we ever find out?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"We've raised a lot of money the past few days...the party really likes me"

Okay Don

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Trump is literally only holding these rallies to inflate his own ego now. They accomplish nothing besides making him feel good

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhV1F0j3XI

CalvinCoolidge
Dec 27, 2008

DrPlump posted:

If Trump picks someone as VP and he wins then legally they have to serve as VP. It is a lot like being subpoena into court. Technically you are allowed to say no but I think you goto jail until Trumps term is over.

The dream of Mike Rowe being legally forced to be Trump's VP still has a chance then?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"I didn't have to do this, folks. This is like work."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"I didn't have to do it. This is like, work, folks!" - Donald Trump, on running for president.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WaPoSean/status/743969774560960512

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Nobody will protect your second amendment like Donald JOHN Trump

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Wait until Bernie's people realize that Trump has given his share of paid speeches to Wall Street too.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

I do like the implication of that first sentence that Trump is in no way qualified for anything.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

OldSenileGuy posted:

Anyone know how to get in touch with Ted Cruz? I think I found something he's been looking for...

it's like his pappy's old gnarled tree that haunts his dreams... But they were never dreams but unholy prayers stitched into the meat of his body and mind

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God I hope the Clinton campaign uses his 'Trump rallies are the safest places ever' soundbite as the basis for an attack ad. Literally just him saying that and then a few minutes of carnage.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Trump reiterates that he wants the drunk people in the crowded bar heavily armed.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/743972042752430080

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Defiance posted:

Wait until Bernie's people realize that Trump has given his share of paid speeches to Wall Street too.

or, that, youknow, he's the avatar of soulless greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Trump just started a USA chant.

• Locked thread