Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

MrSmokes posted:

I don't get this outrage on reddit over the new sounds when your gun is almost empty. I've played almost a dozen games since the change and there's been zero moments where it's changed the outcome of a duel or round, at least from my perspective. It really wasn't that loud even before they reduced the noise.

Part of it is I guess some people are all too attached to the aesthetics and mechanics they studied and memorized due to rote repetition and so any kind of change, for better or worse is seen as a slap in the face. Even if it doesn't come into play for 99% of all incidents (lol what about 1v1s??). Given how it seems like a cawa dootey mechanic (and guess what CSGO players love to poo poo on CoD all day long) It honestly feels more like "we don't like this change" rather than a "this is gamebreaking revert it", not nearly as serious as the rifle nerfs that came around months ago but irritating enough to get people crying about it.

Like they recently changed cobblestone so there are steps leading up to the platform so CTs can move into position there and there's not one post on the first two pages of that reddit about it but there's still saltposting over the low ammo sounds. I guess since it's cobble it's ok, if it was stairs from CT spawn to catwalk on dust 2 people would be throwing monitors over how they ruined perfection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I don't care about the reload sound but I'm going to burn down valve hq if they don't revert the mag7 sound

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
How long does it take to get to rank 21? Only level 9 at the moment and would like to join prime MM.

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011
What's the goal/benefit of the low ammo sounds though? The only case where I can imagine this affects anything is if you pick up a gun that's almost empty, and you just happen to fire once before you get into a battle.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

It's for the opponent, not the person firing the gun.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The person firing the gun isn't allowed to listen to it.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Kumbamontu posted:

adderall and hating yourself

Well, I have a foot in the door, then.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Wait, can the opponents actually hear that sound? I played a bit since the update and I don't recall ever hearing that sound.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yes they can. It's a global sound.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

You should probably turn your sound up.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

B-Mac posted:

How long does it take to get to rank 21? Only level 9 at the moment and would like to join prime MM.

With the way bonus XP works, I get about a half level per MM game. I think you have bonus xp for your first three games of the week, starting wednesday, so playing 3 mm games tuesday and 3 mm games on wednesday could net you about 3 levels. Playing DM or casual is a really slow way to get xp so don't bother if your goal is to level to 21 quickly. After bonus XP wears off you still get around 1/5 to 1/4 level per mm game. if anyone plays a lot of mm feel free to add to this or correct me

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

MrSmokes posted:

I don't get this outrage on reddit over the new sounds when your gun is almost empty. I've played almost a dozen games since the change and there's been zero moments where it's changed the outcome of a duel or round, at least from my perspective. It really wasn't that loud even before they reduced the noise.

Then this begs the question, why even add it at all? It does nothing for the overall CS experience. It's addressing a problem that wasn't there to begin with.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe they're setting up for StatTrak Ammunition, loaded into a gun it tracks how many kills made with a gun with the last few shots fired.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

canoshiz posted:

Then this begs the question, why even add it at all? It does nothing for the overall CS experience. It's addressing a problem that wasn't there to begin with.

Yes this is exactly the thing about it that is annoying. Nobody asked for this, it isn't a real problem, it lowers the skill ceiling (Keeping track of shots fired by your enemy takes skill, only now it doesn't), and takes potential hours away from developing fixes/tweaking settings that actually could use adjusting. Heck, re-balancing the R8 would be a better way to spend dev time than this.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I don't like what the sound is telling my opponent, and I don't like the sound itself, honestly I don't care that I'm giving my opponent slightly more info, what i care about is that the loving sound is loud as gently caress to the user, jesus christ it drowns EVERYTHING else out. I've been very careful my last few games to find out what guns make the sound when (most guns are shots 1-5, the more ammo they have the higher it is, I haven't played with the negev/m249 tho) and I've been trying to avoid causing it because it's distracting as gently caress and I can't hear other enemies trying to flank and poo poo.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Your opponents can theoretically hear the low ammo sound, but they basically have to stand on top of you to do so, the sound is super low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vi5qaQvkU8&t=130s

I do find it a silly and unnecessary addition but it's not at all gamechanging, really.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just had to mute my whole team after us going 5-10 on mirage as CTs.. Then me constantly buying my team 1-2aks per round and me with an mp7 with multiple 3v1 won for me and us winning 16-14...

Feels good to dig down and pull out a win with a bunch of mic spamming teamshooting kids on your team.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I wouldnt mind the new sound if it wasn't so loving loud. Does anyone know if it can be turned down

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

exethan posted:

I wouldnt mind the new sound if it wasn't so loving loud. Does anyone know if it can be turned down

They already did turn down the volume in last night's patch, but I haven't tried it myself to see how much they reduced the sound by.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Excellent, it was nuts before

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Just hopped on casual to see. It is much quieter. Definitely a non-issue in my mind now. But, I still don't really understand the point of it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/SPUNJ/status/743834188462325760

Wonder what'll happen to Renegades now.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

There's been a lot of rumors about them dropping out of esports entirely after they had to sell their league of legends team.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
My first prime game was... interesting. Mic spammers blasting terrible music during warm up. Then two of my teammates just started jumping off roofs and shooting constantly. Then one of my teammates abandoned. Then the enemy team all killed each other in spawn. Then one of their teammates abandoned. Then they voted off two others.

Then we won 16 to 4.

So all in all prime is clearly doing something right.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
fitting that he goes in the middle of the night au time

hopefully azr finds a decent team, the rest of them who cares

azr jks ustilo emagine [awp] I'd love to see an au dreamteam make it work but that isn't going to happen :(

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

that's a bummer. he was a fun player to watch.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
If he's not moving onto a real job, he's at least personable enough that he can probably make a living doing casting or analysis or something similarly e-sports related

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

xsf421 posted:

There's been a lot of rumors about them dropping out of esports entirely after they had to sell their league of legends team.
If that's the case, then that'll be three orgs that have folded in just the past six months: Titan, Copenhagen Wolves, and then Renegades.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

whodatwhere posted:

Just hopped on casual to see. It is much quieter. Definitely a non-issue in my mind now. But, I still don't really understand the point of it.

I think it the minor non-changes are basically a way to justify releasing a new run of crates and doing very little otherwise. Basically, some patch notes to go with your skins.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

If that's the case, then that'll be three orgs that have folded in just the past six months: Titan, Copenhagen Wolves, and then Renegades.

Vexed

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wonder how prime MM will shape up in a few months from now, after a wave or two.

Bohemian Nights posted:

They already did turn down the volume in last night's patch, but I haven't tried it myself to see how much they reduced the sound by.

It's far more tolerable now. It's more of a hint rather than drowning out the actual gunfire.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Can't wait for the first wave to go down

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
KRIMZ WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
They need to turn the crowd mic wayyy down

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so it's looking like Faze has tilted pretty hard now

the dream of a second 16-0 is dead now thow

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 18, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

It's hard being a FaZe fan. :negative:

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

dat smoke frag tho :stare:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Remora posted:

dat smoke frag tho :stare:

Which one cause there was easily a dozen

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
http://www.hltv.org/match/2303130-absolute-monster-m0nster-mixbot-pro-league-golden

quote:

* Match cancelled (Absolute Monster match fixing)

** BOOT will replace Absolute Monster in the tournament

:rip: johnnyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
is jonny the guy who was kicking rear end at an international lan last year with the awp?

https://clips.twitch.tv/m0e_tv/HelplessChimpanzeeBORT

stewwwww