Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I dont understand what new shen does other than still having taunt & global ult shield tele.

Like i dunno, maybe having a ghost sword floating nearby is good... but for my money, I'll take the telekinesis blades anyday.

From what little I know is he's good against an auto based toplaner because he can block basic attacks, and if he positions his flying sword right he can %hp kick somebody's face in for a few strikes.

Really though I preferred old shen.

It didn't help that Meteos got recked hard by Sven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Maybe ban Zilean if you don't know how to deal with Zilean :shrug:

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Moatman posted:

He's fine when he's with some casters (Zirene and... ???) but generally yeah.

Phreak is good when the games are fast paced enough, or the other casters talkative enough, that he doesn't have time to stop talking about the game and go off on tangents. He does pretty good in tri casts and they should probably just use him only in those, although honestly that's true of every caster that isn't Doa.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

YancyQ posted:

Maybe ban Zilean if you don't know how to deal with Zilean :shrug:

Yeah game was really one sided. Really sad to see how that missed shen taunt snowballed the whole game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
AHHH KILL ASHE KILL ASHE DOUBLELIFT YOU DIE DIE PETER KILL VIKTOR AHHHHHH

I see bjerg is developing into a nice shoutcaller :smugdog:

Edit: This TSM squad is probably the most aggressive TSM team in their history, and only slightly less aggressive than old teams like LMQ or TIP. They seem to have the highest mix of mechanics, aggression, and macro play of any NA team. Like IMT is good at mechanics & macro play but they are slightly less aggressive since Pobelter is a pretty reactive mid. I think the top teams like G2, TSM, and IMT, and that one squad Seraph all play pretty aggressively overall.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 18, 2016

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Crazy Larry posted:

Phreak is good when the games are fast paced enough, or the other casters talkative enough, that he doesn't have time to stop talking about the game and go off on tangents. He does pretty good in tri casts and they should probably just use him only in those, although honestly that's true of every caster that isn't Doa.

There's just a general lack of good color commentators. Tasteless from starcraft casting I think set the bar really high. I agree his best equivalent in league is Doa.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Lol 88% win rate on nidalee let's see that go up to 90%. (I actually want c9 to win but don't think it's in the cards)

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

milkman dad posted:

Lol 88% win rate on nidalee let's see that go up to 90%. (I actually want c9 to win but don't think it's in the cards)

You say that, but it looks like C9 is trying to take control of this game pretty much out of the gate.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Calax posted:

You say that, but it looks like C9 is trying to take control of this game pretty much out of the gate.

I wouldn't say they're in control but having a top lane champ that actually does something is a big improvement over last game.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

I wouldn't say they're in control but having a top lane champ that actually does something is a big improvement over last game.

Sneaky is managing to clobber DL pretty well too.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Sneaky with the LITERAL snipe.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Jesus christ how far was that Jhin W

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Moatman posted:

Jesus christ how far was that Jhin W

In the replay it looked just south of the dragon pit.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Hey guys we won last game by trading a kill and an outer turret for an inhib turret. Let's do the exact opposite this game.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
"Blue Buff tankier than all of TSM,"
drat, that was harsh.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
So did they just have a gentleman's agreement to trade stomps in the first two games and then play one game for real?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Crazy Larry posted:

So did they just have a gentleman's agreement to trade stomps in the first two games and then play one game for real?

this is why best of 3s own. Now we get a decider!!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Jerkface posted:

this is why best of 3s own. Now we get a decider!!

I mean if Immortals vs TSM is anything to go by it's gonna be a stomp by TSM but goddamn I wasn't expecting that game 2 showing

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Moatman posted:

He's fine when he's with some casters (Zirene and... ???) but generally yeah.

I'm still newish to lol, but I really think zirene and jatt are the best na casters. kobe doesn't bother me and i think he's a good color guy but i've got no use for phreak and riv.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Kobe is the best in sloppy action packed games.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

I like Jatt but he has a tendency to oversell the losing team's situation and ability to come back. I'm pretty sure Riot eSports makes the casters do that to some degree, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous (a recent IMT game being a prime example of this).

Phreak and Riv are pretty bad though

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Caster Tier List:
Zirene
Doa
Kobe/Deficio
Pira
Jatt
Phreak
Froskurrin
Monte
Krepo

Random Goons

Quickshot

The guy in the crowd with a Teemo hat

The Riot employee who thought Thundersticks were a good idea in S3

Rivington Bisland the Third

I'm missing that super short British(?) asian guy and Pappasmithy or whoever and probably some others

Deaman and Joe Miller are obviously S-Tier but since they don't work for Riot anymore I can't count them

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I'm still newish to lol, but I really think zirene and jatt are the best na casters. kobe doesn't bother me and i think he's a good color guy but i've got no use for phreak and riv.

Kobe isn't a color caster he is an analyst. You're not wrong though that he is great at adding color to the cast. By far my favorite caster.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nook posted:

I like Jatt but he has a tendency to oversell the losing team's situation and ability to come back. I'm pretty sure Riot eSports makes the casters do that to some degree, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous (a recent IMT game being a prime example of this).

In fairness, Jatt knows more about getting extra chances to win than anyone else

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nook posted:

You have to understand, Jatt has seen so many Dignitas Barons and Vulcun's whole League career. He knows that until a team wins you never know if they'll throw and just lose.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

milkman dad posted:

Kobe isn't a color caster he is an analyst. You're not wrong though that he is great at adding color to the cast. By far my favorite caster.
:confused: In LoL commentator terms, those are basically the same things. Kobe is totally a colour caster, he played profesionally.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Swain into two champs with slow zones huh? Not too sure about that.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Hmm yes pick Swain into Trundle. Nothing could go wrong.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
"C9 is probably going to lose top lane turret"

Well yes, expert analysis there of their objective trade.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Man I love bard, what a funny escape

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

As much as I like meteos is there a reason he takes all the champion kills? Also is that glacial shroud really more valuable than boots upgrade for impact?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

milkman dad posted:

As much as I like meteos is there a reason he takes all the champion kills? Also is that glacial shroud really more valuable than boots upgrade for impact?

thats his gimmick

Edit: I unmuted my mic just as phreak said: "with svenskaren forced to...die..and forced... to respawn..." likea dope

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 18, 2016

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

They just need some more play by play guys. Seems like Phreak and Riv do a lot of the heavy lifting in that department and while the color guys are trying to come up with something to say, they feel they have to make sure there's not dead air.

It's that attempt to make sure there's no dead air that gets people annoyed because it seems like they're sharks... with ADD (sorry, old city of heroes joke). If you can keep other people talking then Riv and Phreak don't start pulling BS out of their asses.

I think that's why Kobe and Zirene work so well. They know enough and can talk enough to keep Riv and Phreak from just going into the unintelligable garble.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hahah this is a clown fest baron

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
C9 needs to let Meteos handle the bottom lane because Jhin and Bard can punish the baron attempt from outside of engage range.

Edit: and C9 loses because they stop taking advantage of their two champs that can do things from 3 screens away.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Just really poor macro play by C9 that entire game

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Sneaky's Jhin was nice, I wonder why TSM didn't select something divier for him in the 3rd match.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
P1 is going to beat liquid and I'm going to laugh real hard.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Team Liquid are apparently playing Fabby for at least one game in this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
#keepfabbbyyy

• Locked thread