Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Am I gonna see knockouts at this level of MMA, I'm chilling watching WSOF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MysteryNad posted:

I don't know why but WSoF set up a brother vs brother fight for their next card. Phoenix Jones vs Caros Fodor is official.

IIRC one of them was adopted or a foster kid or something, and they actually hate each other.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I love watching Ricci lose.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
That was a whopper left hand by Jason High

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I thought High was done but he got up and blasted him.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I thought High was done but he got up and blasted him.

Totally right on the button

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Copeland almost went down the wrong way before security grabbed him haha

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Wise Learned Man posted:

IIRC one of them was adopted or a foster kid or something, and they actually hate each other.

One is also a superhero.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Blood for the cuddly blood god.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Remember that Fedor was the heavyweight GOAT for a period. He might be old and busted now but I want him in the UFC. As a lhw.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Remember that Fedor was the heavyweight GOAT for a period.

So was Tim Sylvia.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

So was Tim Sylvia.

..was?

mods???

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
People said Wanderlei was the best LHW of all time. It means about the same thing. He was good in PRIDE for a few years.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's easy to look good when you're beating up middleweights. I'm looking at you Jon Jones.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Wait what? Did I miss something in the third round? Ivanov was getting crushed and pouring blood most of the time

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

So was Tim Sylvia.

Like hell

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Fedor was protected more than the president, and he got exposed in StrikeForce.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Wait what? Did I miss something in the third round? Ivanov was getting crushed and pouring blood most of the time

He was landing more and better strikes the whole fight.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He was landing more and better strikes the whole fight.

Figures. It just seemed like whenever I looked up Ivanov was getting hammered

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I just watched the Fedor fight. loving hell of a fight. Fedor can still rip those punches in a dangerous way. I'd welcome him to the UFC fold.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Captain Log posted:

I just watched the Fedor fight. loving hell of a fight. Fedor can still rip those punches in a dangerous way. I'd welcome him to the UFC fold.

I'm amazed the announcer already had an account here

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kensei posted:

Fedor was protected more than the president, and he got exposed in StrikeForce.

I still remember the Werdum fight and yelling "tap you fat Russian gently caress" instead of playing poker with my family and friends.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That Fedor fight should have been stopped.
It's not surprising all things considered that it wasn't though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
did he win? was it cool?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

manyak posted:

Age facts (i was looking at this stuff earlier) The average age of a top 10 UFC heavyweight is 36 years old. Theres no top 10 ranked fighter in the ufc HW division under 30, the youngest is bizarrely JDS at 32. Fedor is younger than 2 current top 10 HW fighters (Hunt and Roy nelson) and just slightly older than Brock lesnar

that makes sense to me, cos the heavyweight style of fighting sort of suits people slightly past their peak. people slightly past their physical prime cant go at a fast and explosive pace for days or anything but they do have really good base endurance, and you get real strong in your 30s. well this fight sounds unmissable so im gonna watch it asap/.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fedor won a controversial decision but he was absolutely hammered for a good 4 minutes in round one.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Echoing everyone, but I couldn't stop giggling when the announcer asked "What the hell is going on?"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
It was a really entertaining fight and scored correctly at 29-28 Fedor. Maldonado seemed like the fight was there for the taking and he just stood there. Glad he didn't though because I want to see Fedor kill some UFC cans.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The bone of contention is Round 1 being a 10-8 for Maldonado, which is a very strong shout. There were no more 10-8 rounds meaning a victory for Fedor should have been an impossible scenario if it was a 10-8 R1. Dunno how you can see that round last night and feel as though he's going to kill anyone other than himself in the UFC though.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah it should have been stopped. i can't believe he survived that

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've no idea who won the second two rounds because both of them alternated being one punch away from a KO but the first round was definitely a 10-8 potentially 10-7 so there's no way Fedor could have won.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I thought the first round was 10-8 and would have been stopped for a TKO under normal circumstances. Fedor did win the final two rounds though, he didn't give up. I don't think it was a very good look for him though, even the Russian homer announcer was dismissing his chances of going to the UFC before the fight was even over.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I had read that the referee was hired by the governmental MMA body that Fedor himself is president of which seems extremely probable, all said and done.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I had read that the referee was hired by the governmental MMA body that Fedor himself is president of which seems extremely probable, all said and done.

https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/status/743916024626438145

https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/status/743916834403950592

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
My favorite moment was when a gassed Maldonado used the Archie Moore cross guard on the fence to wait Fedor out.
For as tired as he was, his defense was pretty effective.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is there some sort of law on the books that says its totally ok to cheat if you're blatant about it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

fatherdog posted:

Those tweets

coconono posted:

is there some sort of law on the books that says its totally ok to cheat if you're blatant about it?

Yeah, this is just so ballsy that I'm kind of okay with it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kimbo305 posted:

My favorite moment was when a gassed Maldonado used the Archie Moore cross guard on the fence to wait Fedor out.
For as tired as he was, his defense was pretty effective.

Fabio Maldonado probably deserves some kind of award for the best striker who looks and moves like a bad striker. The guy hardly ever gets clean, he's accurate, he picks his shots well, and he has creative ways of getting good shots in, but he looks like an extra from a Kimbo Slice backyard video.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CommonShore posted:

and moves like a bad striker.

His guards are top notch. Even in his Pride best, Rampage didn't have forearm shucking and blocking like Fabio did against Fedor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Captain Log posted:

It was a really entertaining fight and scored correctly at 29-28 Fedor. Maldonado seemed like the fight was there for the taking and he just stood there. Glad he didn't though because I want to see Fedor kill some UFC cans.

You still taking all those painkillers man?