Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The 05-10 mustangs are starting to drop to new edge prices. Finding one without a bama chip in the craigslist ad is impossible though. Mustang owners are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

The 05-10 mustangs are starting to drop to new edge prices. Finding one without a bama chip in the craigslist ad is impossible though. Mustang owners are the worst.

oh yea, I forgot about that whole thing.... but that has since been corrected right?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I pretty much pretend there were no mustangs prior to 2011.

And I say that as someone who drove an '01 V6 for a decade.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I have an irrational love of fox bodies.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Jack B Nimble posted:

I see a lot of clean new edge mustangs here and new hotness but not much 05-10. Are they not liked for some reason (that generation of modular v8?) Or are they just in a weird spot where they cost more than people might have on hand if they're buying used but are also too old for anyone to want to finance?

The styling was extremely subjective, the performance wasn't really there, and the '11 release of the 5.0 engine wasn't exactly a secret. It was a perfect storm for mediocre sales.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Buhbuhj posted:

It's not irrational, it's love and it's right.

frozenphil posted:

The styling was extremely subjective, the performance wasn't really there, and the '11 release of the 5.0 engine wasn't exactly a secret. It was a perfect storm for mediocre sales.

Spot on.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

frozenphil posted:

I really like the body style on those, but mostly because of the headlights. If they weren't so expensive, I'd be looking to get one here soon.

Buhbuhj posted:

Its not called a fox for no reason :quagmire:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I've got a few things for you guys

The best foxbody in existence, gently caress the haters

And a news video
https://www.facebook.com/ABC10News/videos/1139241802784967/

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Buhbuhj posted:

I do too. I constantly watch craigslist for a 'vert or coupe.

If I had any balls between my legs, I'd just buy a 4 banger and do a conversion, since pretty much all the running gear and suspension will need serious work anyway. It's not overly difficult, but I just can't pull the trigger.

Tide fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 16, 2016

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

This is why I don't drive my Mustang. Just keeping it in the drive way is like a "Beware of Dog" sign. People know not to f**k with me.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
the entire comment section is just mustang memes. Is the mustang that divisive?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Well...

I went and test drove the 5.0 Premium in Yellow.....

I'm in love and my wife told me the color makes it ok to buy. Waiting on numbers..... eek.

Plus the leather recaros own.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Someday 05-10 mustangs will be cheap enough for 5.0 swaps, and then they might be a bit more interesting. I wonder what the automotive landscape will look like by then though.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Digital_Jesus posted:

Well...

I went and test drove the 5.0 Premium in Yellow.....

I'm in love and my wife told me the color makes it ok to buy. Waiting on numbers..... eek.

Plus the leather recaros own.
One of us....

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I just got offered an 08 Shelby for 32k...

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

RFC2324 posted:

I think this is market price for low miles ones. Don't break the hood.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Elephanthead posted:

I think this is market price for low miles ones. Don't break the hood.

Wish i could get it but i don't have 32k handy, and am about to move anyway.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RFC2324 posted:

Which is just a few grand shy of a '16 GT which is probably a better car in every way.

Yeah, I get it - Shelby nameplate and all but not worth the premium; especially the 05-09 (10?) body style.

Unless its a GT350. Which is significantly more expensive.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
How much did Shelbys cost new, $54k or so? $32k for an almost 10 year old car would mean an exceptionally low rateo f depreciation.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Throatwarbler posted:

How much did Shelbys cost new, $54k or so? $32k for an almost 10 year old car would mean an exceptionally low rateo f depreciation.

Its mostly buying a name with those. Talked to another guy today who said to look for a gt-cs in s197, if anything, and walked past one today for 11.5 and 67k miles.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

The first year was only $41k, with light use there's almost no depreciation on them in 10 years. Hard to say if that will continue with new, better shelbys coming out every day, and the people who care about the shelby name dying off.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

No '16 GT for me. Dealer wants to stand their ground over $500.

Oh well it can sit on the lot all winter. gently caress em.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Digital_Jesus posted:

No '16 GT for me. Dealer wants to stand their ground over $500.

Oh well it can sit on the lot all winter. gently caress em.

I basically sent out a mass email telling a bunch of dealers what I wanted and asked what their out of door price was. Told them all I was going with the lowest price and they were tripping over themselves to best each other. Try that maybe.

Or wait and get a '17 because fiscal responsibility is for losers.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Crazy Pigeon posted:

I basically sent out a mass email telling a bunch of dealers what I wanted and asked what their out of door price was. Told them all I was going with the lowest price and they were tripping over themselves to best each other. Try that maybe.

I just put in a "Have someone talk to me about a 2017 pre-order" request and used the down payment money I was gonna spend to pay off another car.

Fiscal Responsibility :smug:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Speaking of fiscal responsibility, I won't be doing big turbo this year because I ended up buying another bike. Also won't be able to do suspension this year either RIP.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tide posted:

the 05-09 (10?) body style

The weird pseudo-throwback body style is indeed '05-'09. '10 was the same body style as the '11-'12, but it still had the old 4.6 drivetrain, so they get lumped in with the older ones I guess. I don't understand why anyone would ever buy a '10; a year later even the V6 was better, as I recall.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

So uh....

I guess I spoke to soon.

In a weird twist of events on a whim in my disdain for the dealer... I called a local car guy I used to buy from in the past and asked him if he could do a dealer swap with them to get the car and give me a better price....

He came in substantially less, and wants to give me more for the trade on my eco....

lol? Guess I'm signing the paperwork monday?

:smugdog:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Digital_Jesus posted:

So uh....

I guess I spoke to soon.

In a weird twist of events on a whim in my disdain for the dealer... I called a local car guy I used to buy from in the past and asked him if he could do a dealer swap with them to get the car and give me a better price....

He came in substantially less, and wants to give me more for the trade on my eco....

lol? Guess I'm signing the paperwork monday?

:smugdog:
Winner winner!

Grats, dude. What are the specs?

You said 16 GT. PP? Color? Trans? Other options? We want to know!

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

ilkhan posted:

Winner winner!

And price.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Blasting an email with your requirements and all in copy is THE best way to negotiate. Tell them simply that lowest price wins and you'll be there at x time to sign the paperwork.

That's how I've bought my last three new cars.

However, I'll probably just go the costcoauto route next time.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I did x-plan when I bought mine. Probably not as good of a price as I could have negotiated, but it was good enough and I didn't have to do any back and forth with the dealer.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Winner winner!

16 GT Premium with the Performance pack, 400A pack + leather Recaros.

Gonna work out to just a hair over 40 with state fees/taxes/etc.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
My salesman just asked me what he had to do to sell the car to me. So I told him and he did that. I guess I got a good one.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Throatwarbler posted:

They do have a low rate of depreciation, even though as others pointed out they aren't that great of vehicles compared to what else you can get for the money. It seems to me watching used prices that SVT/Shelby stuff seems to hold its value very well. It's one reason I'm thinking of getting a Raptor or GT350 in a few years, even though my dog is named Chevy.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I want a Raptor so bad it's not EVEN funny.

Unfortunately I can't afford a Velociraptor :(

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Before I got my Jeep, I went looking at Raptors. even buying one used was still more expensive than getting a fully loaded Jeep.

when I finally decided to get a Jeep, I mass emailed all the dealers in my area to make sure they could all see I was emailing all of them. I told them what I wanted to pay with all the options I wanted. I think it was something around $32k for it.

I told them who ever would give me the most for my old Ford Escape would earn my business.

Then when one of the dealers offered 9k for it I went there to sign the paperwork. one dealer offered me $1000 for it. Another dealer said he would give me $5k for it, if I was willing to get a slightly less optioned and cheaper jeep.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

help me mustang thread, I did a bad thing

I went to look at mustangs today, and accidentally came home with

2016 GT performance pack, 300a with the cloth power bucket seats, right at 36k with taxes and tags

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

boxcarhobo posted:

2016 GT performance pack, 300a with the cloth power bucket seats, right at 36k with taxes and tags

Nice, I always liked the ruby red, you're going to love it!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Digital_Jesus posted:

16 GT Premium with the Performance pack, 400A pack + leather Recaros.

Gonna work out to just a hair over 40 with state fees/taxes/etc.
Wait a sec, didn't you already have a 15 EB-P?
e: Your post history in the thread is amusing. Looks like are replacing the EB with this one.
How do the memory seats work with the recaros?

boxcarhobo posted:

Where's the bad thing?

Looks like a good thing to me.
My local cruise leader went down to Ford to test drive a 2015 in March of last year. No intention of buying, just wanted to see how they compared to her 03 Mach 1.

She loves her 50 anniversary edition now.

These cars are addicting.

Went to a show today. Have some pics. (Hers is the one labelled "Modern")
http://imgur.com/a/kkyDO

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Wait a sec, didn't you already have a 15 EB-P?
e: Your post history in the thread is amusing. Looks like are replacing the EB with this one.
How do the memory seats work with the recaros?

Don't judge me. At least my cars (usually) last me longer than my motorcycle ADD.