Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

AJ_Impy posted:

Three Gremlins was Strangler 5, and accounted for Human 1, Kobold 3, Werewolf 7, Human 7, Kobold 4, Dwarf 7 and numerous removed limbs, before finally falling to Elf 3 in an epic duel in which he crippled one of Elf 3's legs. Made it to line 3057, and was the penultimate casualty in the whole thing! :black101:

I think that was for the free for all, not the team one.

Maarak posted:

Human 5 aka Roland Gorchnik lasted to line 2147, holy moly!

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

In the team melee, Three Gremlins was Strangler 3. (Iron pick, oaken buckler, iron armor including low boots)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
For the team thing just go down the standings team by team.

Top to bottom on the standings page. Simple enough, but 128 find/replaces.

64 find/replace if you dont remove "the" in front of Elf 1 and poo poo.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
The betting pages should no longer fail now, they should at least let you choose which tournament to look at. I should probably change it so that it defaults to the most recently completed tournament with an option to choose a different one from there, but that will require more work.

goatface posted:

The Whipped should be the last of our respective races. So Trump is Mino 5, Ghost-trees is Molemarian 5, Jupis is Strangler 5 and Grimmik is Gremlin 3.

In the case of the free-for-all, actually, I provided Mr. Smurf with the individual fighter macros in alphabetical ASCII order, which is almost the same as alphabetical except that sn is last due to the first letter of his name not being capitalized. Assuming the fighters were created in order, I can get the full list of who's who momentarily, hang on...

edit: Stupid MySQL doesn't support windowed OLAP functions. I want my money back for this free database. This will take a little more time...

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 18, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
In the free for all my first image is the order they were created.

It doesnt have races, but someone must know the names and races. I get hung up on the humans/elves.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
This SHOULD show who's who in the free-for-all, let me know if it looks like I've gotten anything wrong.

pre:
3 Wolf Moon Shirt:            -- Werewolf 1
A Lost Cowman:                -- Minotaur 1
Albrik the Insignificant:     -- Kobold 1
Anthony:                      -- Tiger Man 1
Antwoman:                     -- Antman 1
Bad Munki:                    -- Kobold 2
Baldwin:                      -- Dwarf 1
Bo:                           -- Human 1
Braun Strowman:               -- Antman 2
BS-45 "Apeliminator":         -- Strangler 1
Candy Corn Tiger:             -- Tiger Man 2
Chaz Steadyfist:              -- Werewolf 2
Combat Liberalism:            -- Gremlin 1
Dontellim Pike:               -- Human 2
Dory:                         -- Minotaur 2
Dusseldwarf:                  -- Dwarf 2
Experiment Twenty-Two:        -- Tiger Man 3
Eyeteeth IV:                  -- Werewolf 3
Face:                         -- Troll 1
Ghost-trees:                  -- Molemarian 1
Goku:                         -- Tiger Man 4
Grimmik:                      -- Gremlin 2
Here comes Mongo!:            -- Troll 2
In Like Flynn:                -- Dwarf 3
Jakob:                        -- Werewolf 4
James LargeSausage:           -- Human 3
Jameson the Unruly:           -- Human 4
Jimbo Akimbo:                 -- Dwarf 4
Josie the Bludgeonatrix:      -- Elf 1
Jupis Tooki McGannel:         -- Strangler 2
Knife Toseeu:                 -- Strangler 3
Krog Bonesmasha:              -- Elf 2
Madmartigan:                  -- Molemarian 2
Min/Maxotaur:                 -- Minotaur 3
Mogwai:                       -- Gremlin 3
Molegrim:                     -- Molemarian 3
Punc Hant:                    -- Antman 3
Qwarf:                        -- Dwarf 5
Return of Panty Thief:        -- Yeti 1
Richard Kyanka:               -- Dark Gnome 1
Rob Ford:                     -- Minotaur 4
Roland Gorchnik:              -- Human 5
Simon Belmole:                -- Molemarian 4
Slam Whale Willy:             -- Werewolf 5
Snarls Barkley:               -- Werewolf 6
Snowshank Redemption:         -- Yeti 2
Solomon Rabinowitz:           -- Serpent Man 1
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS:   -- Elf 3
Stephen Harper:               -- Serpent Man 2
Strangler Than Fiction:       -- Strangler 4
Stumpy:                       -- Dwarf 6
Suck & gently caress Pighead:          -- Goblin 1
Sun Tzulander the Philomodel: -- Elf 4
Tash Al'rhyn:                 -- Werewolf 7
The Abominable Gladiator:     -- Yeti 3
The Krying Bowbold Returns!:  -- Kobold 3
Three Gremlins in a Blender:  -- Strangler 5
Trump's Viscous Discharge:    -- Minotaur 5
Turquoise Tonic:              -- Human 6
Tyler Durden is Hobbes:       -- Tiger Man 5
Uma Thurman:                  -- Human 7
Unthrottle the Axolotl:       -- Kobold 4
Urist McLee:                  -- Dwarf 7
sn:                           -- Molemarian 5

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 18, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

So FARTSTORM won then? About about the team fight? Which is more important because it is the one my team won.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Jazzimus Prime posted:

This SHOULD show who's who in the free-for-all, let me know if it looks like I've gotten anything wrong.

pre:
Mogwai:                       -- Gremlin 3

why is mogwai using a whip :confused:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
In my defense the team macros are one button. The individuals need me to go into the character creation screen and run individually.

Its possible I moved the mouse while one or two were running which fucks it up. Did the dude above mogwai have a whip?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

So FARTSTORM won then? About about the team fight? Which is more important because it is the one my team won.

Yes, FARTSTORM won the free-for-all, but The Plump Helmets won the each-team-for-itself match, despite two teams in the fray having one more round's worth of points than the Helmets had.

You guys probably did have the strongest team overall, going 7-1 in eight tries against The Petting Zoo, including one regular season match and six unofficial WTF-sanity-check matches after the bronze match upset. But for some reason you didn't seem to match up well against Team Laser Explosion, which somehow beat you guys two out of three tries.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 18, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Dark Off posted:

Ignore my previous post. He stole that whip somewhere. He starts off with adamantium dagger on line 34 or so.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Dark Off posted:

Grimmik was Gremlin 3 in the every-team-for-itself match. The list that I provided showed who was who in the no-team individual free-for-all here: http://pastebin.com/nvD8MsFd

Mogwai had an adamantium dagger in that fight, he lost the dagger early on, and he somehow stayed alive almost to the very end bashing his opponents with a shield.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Also, I'd like to wish a hearty congratulations to Lightly Whipped for being the last team to achieve an official victory against the tournament champions! :siren:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Yes, FARTSTORM won the free-for-all, but The Plump Helmets won the each-team-for-itself match, despite two teams in the fray having one more round's worth of points than the Helmets had.

A lot more points because most of us stopped spending our points about half-way through the season. :ssh:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

iLonie posted:

Does this make me the first double arena champ, or did Ramc win two back in the early days? First back to back arena champ maybe? Either way thanks for all the work that's gone into this!

I was on winning team Meat and Two Veg and took a bronze with The Skewer.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Everyone suddenly ganged up on Jameson around line 1122. Jameson is Human 4, and these are sequential:

Human 6 bashes Human 4 in the left hand with his platinum war hammer, bruising the fat through the copper left gauntlet!
Elf 4 scratches Human 4 in the fifth toe, right foot, but the attack is deflected by Human 4's copper low boot!
Werewolf 6 stabs Human 4 in the left lower leg with her bronze pike, tearing the muscle through the copper chain leggings!
Many nerves have been severed!
Gremlin 3: Death... This is truly horrifying.
Elf 1 bashes Human 4 in the right lower leg with her platinum war hammer, bruising the muscle through the copper chain leggings!
Dwarf 4 bashes Werewolf 4 in the right lower leg with his copper war hammer, chipping the bone through the large cow leather high boot!
Minotaur 5 grabs Human 4 by the right lower arm with her left upper arm!
Yeti 3 grabs Human 4 by the upper right back teeth with her left lower arm!
Serpent Man 2 bashes Human 4 in the third toe, right foot with his silver war hammer, tearing apart the skin and bruising the fat through the copper chain leggings!
Yeti 2 stabs Human 4 in the right upper leg with his large bronze dagger, chipping the bone through the copper chain leggings!
A tendon has been torn!
The large bronze dagger has lodged firmly in the wound!
Yeti 1 misses Human 3!
Elf 1: Death... This cannot horrify me.
The Human 4 gives in to pain.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Man, second place on the betting board just from betting on my team and random for all the other fights. I should go to Vegas.

(Snowshank Redemption) has the following equipment.
Bronze Large Dagger
Copper Helm
Iron Mail Shirt
Steel Mail Shirt
Steel Breast Plate
Copper Greaves
Steel Gauntlets
Copper High Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 7 Fighting (Adept)
Level 8 Knife (Expert)
Level 2 Biting (Adequate)
Level 3 Dodging (Competent)

I thought the iron breast plate was what was weighing him down so much, but apparently not.

Thanks to my teammates for carrying my guy through the early fights until he could level up enough to start doing real damage. I would have been eliminated from a one-on-one tournament really quick.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well that was fun. Congratulations to the winners and a big round of thanks to the real suckersheroes in all this, the commissioners!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

SynthOrange posted:

Well that was fun. Congratulations to the winners and a big round of thanks to the real suckersheroes in all this, the commissioners!

I already have brilliant* ideas for next time around! I do think we probably need a bit of downtime between tournaments. A couple weeks, or so, plus or minus Tink's loser's league stuff. (Need any help with that?)

* Brilliance not guaranteed.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm probably a bit late with this, but here's a (most likely messed up) list of fighters for the team melee:

Tiger Man 1 Experiment Twenty-Two
Strangler 1 Strangler Than Fiction
Elf 1 SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS
Werewolf 1 Chaz Steadyfist
Goblin 1 Suck & gently caress Pighead
Human 1 Bo
Dwarf 1 Stumpy
Dark Gnome 1 Richard Kyanka
Troll 1 Here Comes Mongo!
Molemarian 1 sn
Troll 2 Face
Werewolf 2 Jacob
Strangler 2 Knife Toseeu
Elf 2 Sun Tzulander the Philomodel
Human 2 Roland Gorchik
Werewolf 4 Eyeteeth IV
Yeti 1 The Abominable Gladiator
Dwarf 2 In Like Flynn
Molemarian 2 Madmartigan
Elf 3 Krog Bonesmasha
Antman 1 Antwoman
Minotaur 1 A Lost Cowman
Molemarian 3 Simon Belmole
Serpent Man 1 Stephen Harper
Werewolf 5 Tash Al'rhyn
Strangler 3 Three Gremlins in a Blender
Kobold 1 Bad Munki
Tiger Man 2 Candy Corn Tiger
Tiger Man 3 Goku
Human 3 Dontellim Pike
Minotaur 2 Min/Maxotaur
Minotaur 3 Rob Ford
Human 4 James LargeSausage
Minotaur 4 Dory
Elf 4 Josie theBludgeonatrix
Yeti 2 Return of Panty Thief
Molemarian 4 Molegrim
Tiger Man 4 Anthony
Gremlin 1 Mogwai
Human 5 Turquoise Tonic
Human 6 Uma Thurman
Dwarf 3 Urist McLee
Werewolf 6 Snarls Barkley
Serpent Man 2 Solomon Rabinovitz
Gremlin 2 Combat Liberalism
Kobold 2 Unthrottle the Axolotl
Human 7 Jameson the Unruly
Kobold 3 Albrik the Insignificant
Antman 2 Braun Strowman
Dwarf 4 Baldwin
Dwarf 5 Qwarf
Dwarf 6 Dusseldwarf
Yeti 3 Snowshank Redemption
Tiger Man 5 Tyler Durden is Hobbes
Werewolf 7 3 Wolf Moon Shirt
Werewolf 8 Slam Whale Willy
Strangler 4 BS-45 "Apeliminator"
Dwarf 7 Jimbo Akimbo
Antman 3 Punc Hant
Kobold 4 The Krying Kobold Returns!
Molemarian 5 Ghost-trees
Minotaur 5 Trump's Viscous Discharge
Gremlin 3 Grimmik
Strangler 5 Jupis Tooki McGannel

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How up-to-date were the fighters you put in the brawl? I want to think it was Snowshank who mashed that human's junk with the dagger pommel, but that was a copper dagger, and I switched to bronze during the playoffs. Was there another yeti with a dagger that I was rude enough to forget about?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

A good poster posted:

How up-to-date were the fighters you put in the brawl? I want to think it was Snowshank who mashed that human's junk with the dagger pommel, but that was a copper dagger, and I switched to bronze during the playoffs. Was there another yeti with a dagger that I was rude enough to forget about?

From before the playoffs with a few exceptions. Your gladiator hit James' Sausage.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Fuubi posted:

I'm probably a bit late with this, but here's a (most likely messed up) list of fighters for the team melee:

It seems like there are a few mistakes in there, or that I made a few in guessing in the doc, but pretty helpful to fill in some blanks here.

EDIT: looks like mostly me. Also man find-replace to fix someone with the name sn? Gonna name my next fighter Dwarf 2.

EDIT EDIT: Will finish this up later, or someone can copy-paste it up and finish it if they like, gotta zz.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vW4HMW4uXS0acS-bOd42IXo0qUde7n6PQU08dRDx9xQ/edit

Ramc fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 18, 2016

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Ramc posted:

EDIT: looks like mostly me. Also man find-replace to fix someone with the name sn? Gonna name my next fighter Dwarf 2.

I was legit considering this.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Jazzimus Prime posted:

The betting pages should no longer fail now, they should at least let you choose which tournament to look at. I should probably change it so that it defaults to the most recently completed tournament with an option to choose a different one from there, but that will require more work.

If I were designing this, I'd say that a just-completed tournament should remain "open" for 1 week and after that it should default to the "list of completed tournaments" page.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
IMO Lightly Whipped are the true champions.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

ZeeToo posted:

I already have brilliant* ideas for next time around! I do think we probably need a bit of downtime between tournaments. A couple weeks, or so, plus or minus Tink's loser's league stuff. (Need any help with that?)

* Brilliance not guaranteed.

Mystery boxes right?

Hell yeah.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Wait a minute. Is Sun Tzu Elf #4? Is there another elf in the list alphabetically lower than Sun Tzu?

Elf 4 punches Werewolf 2 in the upper body with his left hand and the injured part collapses!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
Werewolf 2 has been struck down.

Oh no, my losing streak!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Hee. This means in the free for all, Three Gremlins took out Bo, The Krying Bowbold Returns, Tash al Rhyn (Skeleton on Skeleton action!), Jameson the Unruly, Unthrottle the Axlotl and Jimbo Akimbo. Good haul!

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Thanks again to the commissioners for an excellent tournament!

Gotta say it was pretty nice being the only dark gnome for these free-for-alls. Made keeping track of Richard nice and easy.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Is it at all possible to set up the macros to autorename characters? Seems like it'd make things easier on the commish next time if so.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jazzimus Prime posted:

:siren: Also, I'd like to wish a hearty congratulations to Lightly Whipped for being the last team to achieve an official victory against the tournament champions! :siren:

FillInTheBlank posted:

IMO Lightly Whipped are the true champions.

Yeah! :D

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Thanks to all the great commissioners. And I guess spermy smurf in addition to them, you participated somewhat.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Would it be completely insane of me to do a quad hammer strangler in the next tournament?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Cathode Raymond posted:

Would it be completely insane of me to do a quad hammer strangler in the next tournament?

If you don't I will.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tunicate posted:

Is it at all possible to set up the macros to autorename characters? Seems like it'd make things easier on the commish next time if so.

Not as of DF2014, I tried all kinds of different ways. You could rename the characters by taking control of them, but they're still referred to as "Dwarf 1", etc., in the combat log.

I'll see if DF2016 changes this as part of the testing of the new version.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hmm, maybe set up a macro that places all combatants in a single execution, so the arena website knows the proper creature order? That would make it easy to have it autorename the combatants properly when the logs got uploaded, too.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It is set that way for teams. 4 men per macro run. Still requires 16 find/replaces in the logs

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

It is set that way for teams. 4 men per macro run. Still requires 16 find/replaces in the logs

Yep. 4 fighters per team, 2 teams, two replacements per fighter (for some reason the combat log uses both "Dwarf 1" and "The Dwarf 1" in different places).

The free-for-alls were a one-off thing. If we were to start running lots of those I could maybe set up a macro to do it all at once, I guess.

Also, DF2016 doesn't appear to let you rename fighters with a macro in the arena either. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yeah, but if it's just one macro run, then the website will know dwarf 1 is on team 1 (for instance), and be able to run all 16 find/replaces when you upload the combat log.