Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ferrule posted:

The mimic has been in D&D since 1977 you idiots.

It's a comic starring the main character and the genie girl from the PS2 game Dark Cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I only played the sequel because when your LEGEND hammer breaks you can fix it with powder, instead of getting a new one.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I only played the sequel because when your LEGEND hammer breaks you can fix it with powder, instead of getting a new one.

I decided to start playing Dark Cloud again for nostalgic reasons and then subsequently quit after one of the weapons I had, which had been leveled up a ton, broke. God that was a horrible mechanic.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ferrule posted:

The mimic has been in D&D since 1977 you idiots.

Nothing warms my bitter heart more than some jackass being condescending while also proving what a moron they are.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Aw buddy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Buddy comics are good.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Nuebot posted:

Buddy comics are good.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

it's loving Achewood day

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Woebin posted:

it's loving Achewood day

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Woebin posted:

it's loving Achewood day

In my head, his mom is voiced by Doris Roberts.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

kizudarake posted:

Or Jessica Walter (voice of Malory Archer)

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

kizudarake posted:

I slightly more genteel Doris Roberts, maybe.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I don't need to read the achewood comic to know that this piece of shot comic is still funnier.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I don't need to read the achewood comic to know that this piece of shot comic is still funnier.

It's not and you're wrong and bad.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Even the BME pain Olympics version of ache wood is better than that dogmen comic

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

As someone who had not only read Sluggy Freelance since a few years after it began, and even owned the first four hard-copies, no, it really isn't. It's kind of funny for the first 5 years or so. But it's still going on now. Haven't read it in probably 5-6 years, and whenever I look at it, it still is running, and I still don't feel the urge to get back in.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Think of the amount of bullshit, convoluted canon DC or Marvel accumulates in a decade. That is equal to a year of Sluggy Freelance.

Edit: Still not as bad as College Roomies From Hell.

Edit 2: A comic about a copy of Photoshop sitting on a witness stand, and pointing at a doll.

Clitch has a new favorite as of 18:46 on Jun 17, 2016

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Ignore me

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Sentient Data posted:

Even the BME pain Olympics version of ache wood is better than that dogmen comic

Wait, what?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

techknight posted:

Wait, what?

Comic poopy, him no like comic, it poop.

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

Sentient Data posted:

That reminds me; I need to start stuffing chicken breasts for dinner tonight.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Guys, achewood is cats and bears and an otter

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Munchables posted:

I can't keep up with gay terms.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Munchables posted:

shhh, the thread title is funnier the way it is

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Achewood is honestly my third favorite thing in this thread, right after Nedroid and Moon over June.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Achewood is honestly my third favorite thing in this thread, right after Nedroid and Moon over June.

Every time achewood is posted someone should post moon over june.

And then an actually funny comic.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Achewood gave the world the word "bloatee" and the phrase "dude of gravity." That in and of itself makes it worth it.

""When a dude of gravity tries to distinguish his neck from his face by arbitrarily shaping facial hair that is the bloatee"

http://www.achewood.com/index.php/index.php?date=09072005

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Munchables posted:

...who look like dogs and aren't funny.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Tiggum posted:

Man you must have some weird dogs

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Munchables posted:

Man you must have some weird dogs

Who do you think taught him how to post?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tiggum posted:

And thus by the transitive property of Tiggum posting, we can conclusively declare that Achewood is Funny, and they don't look like dogs. Whether it is "good" per se is yet to be determined.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

As someone who had not only read Sluggy Freelance since a few years after it began, and even owned the first four hard-copies, no, it really isn't. It's kind of funny for the first 5 years or so. But it's still going on now. Haven't read it in probably 5-6 years, and whenever I look at it, it still is running, and I still don't feel the urge to get back in.

'Sup Sluggy buddy. Think I got two of the hardbacks for christmas 15 years ago. I remember also transcribing many of the comics when they put up their search thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nuebot posted:

Every time achewood is posted someone should post moon over june.

And then an actually funny comic.

No they should not. Moon over June had a single panel that made me chuckle and it was a xenomorph that had two dildos coming out of it's face instead of the little mouth.

It's also the only webcomic I've ever read where the art gets worse as the series goes on.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Len posted:

No they should not. Moon over June had a single panel that made me chuckle and it was a xenomorph that had two dildos coming out of it's face instead of the little mouth.

It's also the only webcomic I've ever read where the art gets worse as the series goes on.

It should be the achewood punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Munchables posted:

also a squirrel and at least two robots?

i don't follow it any more but i don't recall any bears that weren't especially hairy gay cats.

• Locked thread