Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
http://i.imgur.com/2TYtQFd.gifv

Using deflector shields is cheating, game :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The train part of the heist is fun as hell. It reminds me of the Goldeneye 64 train and Silo level where it's a no nonsense A to B murder scene. It's a simple pleasure.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Unfortunately the train heist is the second-ever videogame thing to cause motion sickness for me. :(

That new shotgun, however.... :getin:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Is there any info on the Overkill MC boss on day 2 of the heist? She seems to act like the Commissar but doesn't stumble from HE rounds.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

clockworkjoe posted:

Is there any info on the Overkill MC boss on day 2 of the heist? She seems to act like the Commissar but doesn't stumble from HE rounds.

She's the Commissar's daughter, she was trained not to flinch after what happened to her lovely dad

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

"THE COMMISSAR OUTSMARTS YOU AGAIN, ASSHOLES!"

edit: the mod that turns the Hector in Hoxvenge into the commissar is still one of my favorites.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
There needs to be a mod which makes Hector cloaker-kick you as soon as you open the vault.

also: ECM duration bug, still annoying. wastin' my skillpoints, overkill!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

clockworkjoe posted:

Trying to dig that up now. She has some voice lines that are almost never heard by players because of the circumstances.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

oohhboy posted:

The train part of the heist is fun as hell. It reminds me of the Goldeneye 64 train and Silo level where it's a no nonsense A to B murder scene. It's a simple pleasure.

Honestly my biggest disappointment with the heist is that Day 2 is so cathartic and enjoyable as a quick run that I wish I had the ability to just play it on its own without having to bother with Day 1 when I just want to rob a fuckin' train.

Discendo Vox posted:

Trying to dig that up now. She has some voice lines that are almost never heard by players because of the circumstances.

"The circumstances" meaning "everyone just mag dumps into her the moment the door opens".

You know, with all the different things we've stolen at this point, we really could just become supervillains if we hadn't sold them on. Imagine a fleet of brain-controlled, cold-fusion-powered, nuclear-armed drones robbing a Harvest & Trustee.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

clockworkjoe posted:

He has more lines than that - I heard ask control if he wanted to play dungeons and dragons with him and the guys. They needed a cleric.

also this is obviously DLC of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY1HYmqZLyg

This is beautiful. PD2's terrible vehicle handling strike again.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The other vehicles have never been amazing but I feel like the motorcycles are uniquely terrible.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So I just dragged two 0 level people through First World Bank no problem. They even participated in all the Dozer killing in the Vault. And bag tossing since everyone now has Fast Hands and throws bags further. Overall, I think it's the new players who win the most with the recent updates. A level 0 now has access to akimbos, the SAW (well once you Infamy and have some cash), all the deployables and it shows.

Sentries are hell of a drug tho.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kikas posted:

So I just dragged two 0 level people through First World Bank no problem. They even participated in all the Dozer killing in the Vault. And bag tossing since everyone now has Fast Hands and throws bags further. Overall, I think it's the new players who win the most with the recent updates. A level 0 now has access to akimbos, the SAW (well once you Infamy and have some cash), all the deployables and it shows.

Sentries are hell of a drug tho.

Does everyone throw bags further? We still have basic transporter (Throw Bags 50% further) in the Enforcer->Armor Skill tree, and it feels like I don't throw bags as far without that skill.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

Does everyone throw bags further? We still have basic transporter (Throw Bags 50% further) in the Enforcer->Armor Skill tree, and it feels like I don't throw bags as far without that skill.

Yeah, old basic Transporter is now avalible to everyone, you must have forgotten how lovely the bag throwing distance was without skills :v:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Wasn't Basic Transporter just a reduction in the move speed penalty for heavy loot?

John Murdoch posted:

The other vehicles have never been amazing but I feel like the motorcycles are uniquely terrible.

I had to restart Day 1 my first time through because I managed to get Rust's bike stuck on one of the junk cars in the yard in such a way that it literally couldn't move. This seems like something that should be fixed!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Ramming bikes with other bikes to jar them loose is basically how you succeed. Alternately, the best driver (biker?) takes Rust's immediately and goes for the exit while the remaining players re-enact a Three Stooges sketch.

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008
I like how the cars chasing the train explode and flip and roll when you RPG them. I cackled at my teammates through my mic :)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Psion posted:

Ramming bikes with other bikes to jar them loose is basically how you succeed. Alternately, the best driver (biker?) takes Rust's immediately and goes for the exit while the remaining players re-enact a Three Stooges sketch.

This is how I had to unstuck these two clowns, they were completely stuck and couldn't move and inch.

As you can clearly see in the picture :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh yeah and my friend managed to carry the Chrome Skull to the end of the heist, even though he clearly gave it to the mechanic.

EDIT2: And Clover still has the best feature when driving the car around:

Kikas fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 18, 2016

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
I can confirm 24 turret crew gimmick build for big bank death wish is great.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

wargames posted:

I can confirm 24 turret crew gimmick build for big bank death wish is great.

People on reddit are bitching about how turrets are OP but I hope they don't nerf them into uselessness again. Turrets are not omnipotent and they can't win you all maps. Sure they're great for defending, but when you have to move, you have to pick them up and redeploy. If you put them too far out from cover, they're a bitch to get and if you put them too close to cover, they won't have good lines of fire. You also have to spend a lot of skill points to make them viable.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

clockworkjoe posted:

People on reddit are bitching about how turrets are OP but I hope they don't nerf them into uselessness again. Turrets are not omnipotent and they can't win you all maps. Sure they're great for defending, but when you have to move, you have to pick them up and redeploy. If you put them too far out from cover, they're a bitch to get and if you put them too close to cover, they won't have good lines of fire. You also have to spend a lot of skill points to make them viable.

While I agree that turrets shouldn't be nerfed, what (loud) maps can they not win?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The time has come to buff the cops, not nerf the crew

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Is Goonmod currently working properly? I reinstalled PD2 and Goonmod for the first time in ages and the familiar stuff like mutators and bitcoins aren't appearing in my menus,

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Metrohunter posted:

Is Goonmod currently working properly? I reinstalled PD2 and Goonmod for the first time in ages and the familiar stuff like mutators and bitcoins aren't appearing in my menus,

Did you install the BLT hook thingy?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

LuciferMorningstar posted:

While I agree that turrets shouldn't be nerfed, what (loud) maps can they not win?

In my experience, they're not as useful on Birth of Sky, Beneath the Mountain, Meltdown, Forest, White Xmas, Lab Rats, Goat day 1, and Hox Breakout day 1 because you have a lot of objectives spread out. A more mobile build with inspire and better weapon skills is an advantage compared to a turret build on those heists.

Haven't played Biker Heist enough yet but it seems like day 2 isn't super great for turrets either. If you drop and leave them, they'll run out of ammo soon and be useless. If you keep picking them up, you have to keep picking them up to move down the train before you have enough time to grab ammo boxes.

Sure, you can probably solo all of those heists with turrets, but I think you can solo those heists with any number of builds.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Metrohunter posted:

Did you force load it? Goonmod automatically disables itself after every patch.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
God drat it.

Yes, those numbers are below stars, inside diamonds.

RandallODim posted:

"The circumstances" meaning "everyone just mag dumps into her the moment the door opens".

They actually play before you open the door- but as a result they've got a muffle filter on them.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

In my experience, they're not as useful on Birth of Sky, Beneath the Mountain, Meltdown, Forest, White Xmas, Lab Rats, Goat day 1, and Hox Breakout day 1 because you have a lot of objectives spread out. A more mobile build with inspire and better weapon skills is an advantage compared to a turret build on those heists.

Haven't played Biker Heist enough yet but it seems like day 2 isn't super great for turrets either. If you drop and leave them, they'll run out of ammo soon and be useless. If you keep picking them up, you have to keep picking them up to move down the train before you have enough time to grab ammo boxes.

Sure, you can probably solo all of those heists with turrets, but I think you can solo those heists with any number of builds.

I've used turrets on BoS, BtM, Meltdown, Goats, and probably HoxBreak. I'd also be willing to use them on the other named maps, since you'd just want to drop them by cop spawns.

On BoS, just stick the turrets such that they're close-ish to 2 pallets if possible. Ideally, put them near cop spawns so they can light up the cops as they come over walls or whatever. That's if you don't want to move them. If you don't mind micro, just drop them two at a time near the pallet you're working. They definitely help draw aggro.

They're good on BtM. They help you get inside the facility, since they can fight cops while you're sorting out a turret/burning through gates. Then they can, basically by themselves, handle the control room and keep cops from stopping the vaults from opening. Even at the end, they can create a safe area.

I could keep going, but I'm getting bored. Point is, turrets are really, really good, if you commit to building around them, and place them with a goal in mind. You're right that other builds can do the same job, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any loud heist where you could get good work done with 4/8, if not more, turrets.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Lynx posted:

Did you force load it? Goonmod automatically disables itself after every patch.

I did now and it's on. How do I get my gooncoins back.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Metrohunter posted:

I did now and it's on. How do I get my gooncoins back.

There's an inventory file you can modify manually, or there's the gagecoin file to simply have the number of coins awarded on completing a pack be whatever number you had before... Or 6000. You can force a redownload after you modify to go back to the old values if you want.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
You can also edit the lua to make everything cost no coins at all. :v:

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Did they just add tutorial levels for a 3-year-old game? One would think firing up a Normal Four Stores/Jewellery Store would be good enough for anyone to learn the controls, especially if they've played PD: TH.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Wastrel_ posted:

Did they just add tutorial levels for a 3-year-old game? One would think firing up a Normal Four Stores/Jewellery Store would be good enough for anyone to learn the controls, especially if they've played PD: TH.

The tutorials cover more than just the controls, and given how widespread misinformation, bad practices, and general pubbie badness are, any additional useful information inside the game itself is a good thing.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm really digging the 1887 so far but I need to get myself a shark teeth nozzle and the accuracy -4 boost to see if I can really make it shine. Dragon's breath is fantastic now as well.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

closeted republican posted:

This is beautiful. PD2's terrible vehicle handling strike again.

I wouldn't call anything in this game a 'vehicle'. They're half life 1 tram sleds.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Anyone know if dragon's breath can headshot now?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Lets all find out.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

watho posted:

I'm really digging the 1887 so far but I need to get myself a shark teeth nozzle and the accuracy -4 boost to see if I can really make it shine. Dragon's breath is fantastic now as well.

I know that it's better stats-wise, but I just can't bring myself to put a barrel extension on the 1887. Sights either. It just feels wrong.

Discendo Vox posted:

They actually play before you open the door- but as a result they've got a muffle filter on them.

"Sound mixing outsmarts you again, assholes!"

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm fairly sure it still can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Nope, they can't headshot