Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Because temporal chains + enfeeble + vulnerability means mobs are limp, slow, and useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

killstealing posted:

Because temporal chains + enfeeble + vulnerability means mobs are limp, slow, and useless

much like your weiner lol

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Why are Heretic's Veils so expensive when most caster uniques are, like, 1c?

Are they just that popular? :psyduck:

What does this even mean exactly? Shavronne's is 7 exalts, Void Battery is 7 exalts, Skyforth is 30 exalts. Cospri's Will is about 3 exalts and it's just as much of a caster item as Heretic's Veil. Uniques are expensive when they're from a really rare drop tier, and cheap when they're not. Similarly, The Beast Fur Shawl has a huge pile of ES and actually gives a ton of spell damage, and hey it turns out it's worth ~50 chaos. Doryani's Catalyst also ranges from around 10 chaos to 40 chaos, depending on the roll.

If something is expensive that just means supply is much lower than demand. If the supply is high enough that significantly more people find the item than actually want to use it, the item becomes worthless. And honestly, most of the things you think of as "cheap caster uniques" are probably just trash uniques that no one has a reason to use at mapping level because there are much better options for those gear slots.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

What does this even mean exactly? Shavronne's is 7 exalts, Void Battery is 7 exalts, Skyforth is 30 exalts. Cospri's Will is about 3 exalts and it's just as much of a caster item as Heretic's Veil. Uniques are expensive when they're from a really rare drop tier, and cheap when they're not. Similarly, The Beast Fur Shawl has a huge pile of ES and actually gives a ton of spell damage, and hey it turns out it's worth ~50 chaos. Doryani's Catalyst also ranges from around 10 chaos to 40 chaos, depending on the roll.

If something is expensive that just means supply is much lower than demand. If the supply is high enough that significantly more people find the item than actually want to use it, the item becomes worthless. And honestly, most of the things you think of as "cheap caster uniques" are probably just trash uniques that no one has a reason to use at mapping level because there are much better options for those gear slots.

Again, that's a fraction of caster uniques available. But I get your meaning.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
What are some good, preferably fast, season starter builds?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Rufio posted:

i can see you've put a lot of research into this

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Yeah I've looked at a few builds on the website but I'm wondering if there are some particularly cool starters this season. Don't have to be a jerk

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I guess that was after cruel ascendance though?
How was levelling for you, and what did you use?

I went with the guide that used firestorm, but after normal difficulty it was turning more awful every pack since the build doesnt take any spell or elemental damage.
I tried going KB with a twyzel sooner, with a 4link at that time and the clear was even worse which i wouldnt have believed possible.
Even when i switched to dual obliteration at 56 (no scendancy then) it was "meh" at best.
At 62 i got the 5l carcass and decided there was finally enough dps to do labs and now its taking off at last.

I'm running an assassin Obliterator using bladefall mines as a secondary and I just leveled with viper strike until I got bladefall and then through to 68 using only bladefall mines. Bladefall mines is sweet for levelling because your tree works well with poison on bladefall, and it benefits from the chaos damage of Obliteration once you can get them. 68 was the magic number for me to start running KB because that's when you can use a level 19 added chaos damage. You can buy a corrupted one for cheap, and it helps a lot for getting the build running well. For me that is the breakpoint of the build actually feeling good to use.

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 17, 2016

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Rufio posted:

Yeah I've looked at a few builds on the website but I'm wondering if there are some particularly cool starters this season. Don't have to be a jerk

get on steam nerd

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Rufio posted:

I haven't played since act 4 came out and am just starting up again but RF Totems Marauder has been a blast. Never played HC before but so far I am level 63 and steam rolling everything with only a 4L

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Can someone point me in the direction of resources for telling if items have any value trade wise? I've gotten up to t8 maps, and i'm starting to find a couple things that I think might be halfway worth selling, but my criteria has basically been: Does it have dual resists above 25-30% and + Life above 50? If it's boots, does it have movespeed as well?. I get the feeling I might be missing a bit and vendoring stuff that I might be able to sell for some alchs or maybe a chaos or two. Now that I'm regularly running maps but not actually selling anything, my currency has started to take a hit.

Edit: I'm looking more for an overview or some youtube vids I can watch. I know I could compare what I have to what's on POE.trade, but that's a huge pain when sorting thru a bunch of rares I pulled from a map. I'd rather try to teach myself what to look for.

God Damn Dam God fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 17, 2016

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
poe.trade

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
theres also http://www.poeprices.info/

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Thanks for this!

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Rufio posted:

JEB!Quake

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Did not know the voice actor for Izaro is Iolaus from Hercules/Xena.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403628/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Did not know the voice actor for Izaro is Iolaus from Hercules/Xena.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403628/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

That's cool.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
That voice work is credited to him in 2012

A little surprising. I wonder if they plan that far ahead, or if his part was created back then and never used for whatever reason until now.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
trip report: pathfinder with doomfletch is a ton of fun

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Apple Craft posted:

A little surprising. I wonder if they plan that far ahead, or if his part was created back then and never used for whatever reason until now.

Wouldn't doubt it. Maybe they wanted to do it sooner but had to push it back for whatever reasons.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Apple Craft posted:

I'm pretty sure any voicework ever for path of exile will show up on imdb as 2012, because that's the date on the game.

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
Can anyone invite me to the goon guild in prophecy league?

IGN: Chucullinn_EQ

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Chucullinn posted:

Can anyone invite me to the goon guild in prophecy league?

IGN: Chucullinn_EQ

"You have been ignored by the target player."

Sorry, I tried.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

"You have been ignored by the target player."

Sorry, I tried.

did you ignore my post? What ladder tracker do you use?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

did you ignore my post? What ladder tracker do you use?

I missed your post. http://lutbot.com/

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

thx

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

TheRat posted:

I use this as well but I haven't figured out how the whisper alerts work. Any tips?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

climboutonalimb posted:

I use this as well but I haven't figured out how the whisper alerts work. Any tips?

I've not tried it, sorry. I just use it for the hotkeys + overlay.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is bloodline a good map mod?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nice chicken button

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zotix posted:

Is bloodline a good map mod?

One of the best for leveling if you can remember to avoid the explodey mod.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I can't decide what to get for my ascendencies.

SRS Necromancer. Commander of Darkness is great, but aside from that I'm not sure. I'm thinking Fleshbinder, Soul Weaver, Beacon of Corruption?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

dis astranagant posted:

One of the best for leveling if you can remember to avoid the explodey mod.

and have staunch

Hauki
May 11, 2010

rip servers, rip all the poo poo i just found or used, time to take a break

edit: i guess it was about 50c down the drain by poe.tr, I dunno if that's more or less than I thought it was

Hauki fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 18, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Here's the build I've been playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cOyruY7Xw

It does a lot of damage.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Thinking of a new build on PSC. Either some kind of Inquisitor Doomfletch Prism Bow or an Inquisitor Ice Nova Shatterer (LiftingNerds build).

Cant quite decide. Anyone tried either of these?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Touchdown Boy posted:

Inquisitor Doomfletch Prism Bow.

Cant quite decide. Anyone tried either of these?

I'm doing this right now. only level 48 but it's pretty drat strong with the first 2 ascendency nodes, I can only see it getting more insane once I start picking up damage nodes and stuff in the ranger area. First ~40 levels are ok, i just leveled with a elemental bow/storm cloud, since you get some ele damage nodes over in the templar are before shooting over to ranger. once you hit 40 and pick up a couple crit nodes, holy jesus. Do reccomend.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Randy Mythbuster posted:

Can someone point me in the direction of resources for telling if items have any value trade wise? I've gotten up to t8 maps, and i'm starting to find a couple things that I think might be halfway worth selling, but my criteria has basically been: Does it have dual resists above 25-30% and + Life above 50? If it's boots, does it have movespeed as well?. I get the feeling I might be missing a bit and vendoring stuff that I might be able to sell for some alchs or maybe a chaos or two. Now that I'm regularly running maps but not actually selling anything, my currency has started to take a hit.

Edit: I'm looking more for an overview or some youtube vids I can watch. I know I could compare what I have to what's on POE.trade, but that's a huge pain when sorting thru a bunch of rares I pulled from a map. I'd rather try to teach myself what to look for.

Keep in mind the criteria for what is sellable changes as the league goes on. In the first couple days of a league you can sell absolute garbage rares for 1c. By a few weeks in, a lot of players have quit and it becomes more difficult to sell things. Sometimes rares get crowded out by uniques depending on the slot - chestpiece being a good example. Between shav's, cospri's, carcass jack, kingsguard, lightning coil, that new elephant ES chest, daresso's defiance, kaom's heart, voll's protector, belly of the beast, tabula rasa, and probably a few others I'm forgetting....not many people are willing to pay anything for a rare chest that isn't absolutely amazing.

Jewelry is a slot to look at - you might be letting go of some rings and amulets that may be sellable. In addition to the standard life and resists, people want damage stats on their jewelry that don't spawn in other slots. In fact many are willing to trade life and resists on their jewelry for more damage. Added x-y physical damage to attacks, cast/attack speed, spell damage, crit and crit multiplier on amulets. A lot of builds also need big +str/dex/int stats from their gear somewhere to use certain gems. An otherwise mediocre ring with a big stat roll on it can easily become sellable, and a good ring will gain in value with a mod like that on it.

If you have premium tabs, one way to slowly learn how to price things, is to make your chaos vendor recipe tab public and price it at 1chaos. Then if you ever get a buyer, take a look at that item and see if you can try to figure out why they wanted it. Sometimes people just buy junk with no explanation, in which case cool you got 1c for something you were gonna vendor. But other times you'll undervalue something, or miss why it had any value to begin with. If you got messaged quickly for something there is a good chance it is worth more than 1c, so try to figure out why.

Also if you're in t8 maps your currency shouldn't really be taking a hit yet. T8 maps are really cheap (1 fusing, or 2 chisels or so), you don't need to waste currency trying to roll a nice map. Alch and go and if you can't do the mods you can always just buy more maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Can I get an invite to the prophecy goon guild? ign is Rugioo

• Locked thread