Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

PaintVagrant posted:

I guess the CBR650F, FZ6R, etc sort of fill that hp range gap too. They are just not as light and sporty and not nearly as cool as a loving VFR250 or something awesome like that.

I was gonna suggest the XJ6. It seems to be a little more interesting that its predecessor. Which would put it in tbat range as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

DRZs are dumb expensive here too. No fuckin idea why. I've seen the fizzer 400s for like a grand. as for Buell? they're cheap as poo poo here. I'd consider owning one as a beater, but the whole harley thing kills it for me. I'll put nearly anything between my legs, but not that

Wait are you saying north america got the FZR400 from the showroom? Why on god's green earth did yamaha think they'd make any money doing that?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Yup! and they sold like -poo poo-.

I owned this fucker for 3ish years. Spouse liked it so much *he* bought one, and then did nothing with it after realizing what kind of upkeep they require. lololol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

this has been said before but dual round headlights inside a huge fairing as a design trend needs to make a comeback

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Counterpoint: fairings as a whole need to go away as a design trend.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

PaintVagrant posted:

It's very frustrating that if you want to transition from a 300cc "sport bike" (in the US) the next bikes up of similar style have triple the drat hp.

Nope. Not frustrating.

Glorious.

I just went from a Ninja 300 to a Street Triple R. Feels so good when your face shield is pressed up against your nose.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

HotCanadianChick posted:

Counterpoint: fairings as a whole need to go away as a design trend.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

Yeah and in the end I have a lovely drz. :v:

a 600 is pretty loving big when you oh-poo poo (yourself).

Eventually we all come to the light:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

According to the tail graphics it's a replica, my mate had one and it just had an rgv250 engine with nicer carbs and a better cdi.

"Replica" is badging Aprilia have always used on their hottest street two-strokes including the Nera models - it's supposed to mean "this bike is identical to the GP bike". Also the RS250 always used the RGV engine, although in the later models it was considerably reworked (new power valves, lighter pistons, some other stuff I can't remember)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

It got better!

quote:

A wealthy Russian businessman and political ally of Vladimir Putin has become an unlikely viral star after he was filmed picking a fight with a biker and then getting body-slammed. 

Aleksey Bolshedanov, 36, was driving his Lexus on a dirt road near his home in Kreva, central Russia, last week when he got out and confronted a motorcross rider, Daily Star reports. 

Apparently drunk, Bolshedanov yelled, "Are you f----ing out of your f----ing minds?" 

He then took a swing at one of the riders’ helmeted heads. 

The rider, who filmed the attack on his helmet cam, then pushed Bolshedanov to the ground and kicked him. He threw him to the ground again when he tried to get up. 

Bolshedanov then attempted to tackle the biker before being body-slammed into grass. 

A woman can be heard yelling from the car, "Get off him, I am going to call the cops!" 

"You are f----d, man. You are f----d," Bolshedanov then said in a slurred voice. 

It is not known if any charges have been pressed. 

Bolshedanov stood as a candidate for President Putin's United Russia party in the recent Moscow elections. 

Putin's party has now distanced itself from their former candidate, with the video of the brawl having been viewed more than two million times. 

"He took part in primaries of our party but did not succeed. He is definitely not a member of our party. We know he is an entrepreneur,” a United Russia spokesman said. 

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/06/17/15/33/russian-politician-bodyslammed-after-picking-fight-with-biker

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Japanese rumour mill indicating the 2017 ninjette will be getting a H2-esque makeover:

A powerplant update may also be included but I don't dare to hope what that might mean; it's near baseless speculation at this point in any case. I'm not really expecting to hear anything concrete (or anything else at all really) until November. Even if it just comes with the same old twin, unf

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Does anyone have the over/under on the biker getting radiation poisoning in the next year?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Unlikely, since the party appear to have formally disowned the drunk driver.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Renaissance Robot posted:

Unlikely, since the party appear to have formally disowned the drunk driver.

Good old Machiavelli. If he isn't important to Putin, much better to disown him and seem fair and righteous.

A powerplant update may also be included but I don't dare to hope what that might mean

Haha, it's a sweet dream though. *whistles wistfully, yet turbine-like*

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Went out for a ride yesterday.

Then I installed a tail tidy

Also there's a cat.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also I'm gonna be honest, this is the real reason I'm so attracted to the new generation aesthetic Kawasaki is starting:

:awesome:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

You're too short for that bike.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

You're too short for that bike.

if it were a SD I'd be convinced it was Z3n

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I must be the only one who likes having a fender on my FZ

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

KARMA! posted:

Does anyone have the over/under on the biker getting radiation poisoning in the next year?

I read this thinking that buying a new ninja or any other japanese bike will give you radiation poisoning due to Fukushima

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

A MIRACLE posted:

I must be the only one who likes having a fender on my FZ

It's the only thing I've done (to this bike) for purely aesthetic reasons. I hate the look of those weird bulbous things.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

A powerplant update may also be included but I don't dare to hope what that might mean; it's near baseless speculation at this point in any case. I'm not really expecting to hear anything concrete (or anything else at all really) until November. Even if it just comes with the same old twin, unf

A few months before the H2 hit dealers, I attended a Kawasaki technical service school and we took a brand new, never apart H2 engine right down to the cases. While doing that, the topic cropped up of why Kawasaki would spend a considerable amount of money in R&D and testing, as everything is made in house, for forced induction on a very limited production bike with little practical use. The rep said something along the lines of "You don't think they would be doing this for only the benefit of the H2, do you?" Nothing was confirmed or denied, but the topic of small displacement, forced induction engines versus displacement based insurance rates was the next topic.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I think that had always been the assumption that the h2 was a flagship "look at how good this can get" technology showcase for eventual trickle-down into other bikes.

I'll take my 80hp ninja 300 turbo, please

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6zJrN9zRQ&t=675s

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Jesus. Isn't this the same guy from a few days ago getting into an argument with a cop? How many arguments is he going to get in before there aren't any witnesses and he gets a gun pulled on him.....

He did lay that guy out with that right hook though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Tbf, that is a very punchable face.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

I don't understand. Why was the dude on the bike following the guy in the Nissan?

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

YF19pilot posted:

Why was the dude on the bike following the guy in the Nissan?

To pick a fight.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Pretty Cool Name posted:

To pick a fight.

I get that. But is that all there was? He was dicking around in the dirt lot then just decided to follow some random guy to see if he could start something? It looked like all the guy in the Nissan did was drive by on his way to Wal-Mart. Did the motorcyclist not like how fast he was going and decided to be Upstanding Citizen Vigilante?

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

At the very start of the video the nissan passes him a bit fast in a residential neighborhood, that seems to be all it took to trigger the psycho.

fake edit: looks like he runs a red as well?

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Pretty Cool Name posted:

At the very start of the video the nissan passes him a bit fast in a residential neighborhood, that seems to be all it took to trigger the psycho.

It's nice the video includes the beginning so we know for certain he instigated virtually everything. I think manchild is the right term.

Also :lol: at his dirt lot stuff. As though a few minutes of sped up POV dirt burnouts is top notch moto vlog content.

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 18, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
He's an American Royal Jordanian.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fBL6fuM_fg

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Pretty Cool Name posted:

But it's not even a neighborhood. Unless I'm missing something, the Nissan is maybe just driving like any other rear end in a top hat through a Wal-Mart/stripmall parking lot. The only fault I see the Nissan perform is a slightly "fast" left-hand turn where he has right of way anyways, and no other cars around. If anything, the motorcyclist is doing worse by cutting through the parking lot to catch the Nissan rather than the Nissan driver himself who is sticking to the main "roads" of the parking lot. Hell, the Nissan driver even stops for people crossing in front of the Wal-Mart where the motorcyclist seems like he wanted to push through.

I'm probably over thinking this grand piece of idiocy, looking for a rationale where one doesn't exist. Motorcyclist pretending to be the Parking Lot Knight and sticking his nose in where he should just leave things be.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That dude had a thousand opportunities to get out of that situation. He's lucky the dude in the Nissan didnt have anything more than his fists.

What an idiot

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sikh ride, brah

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The Canadian flags really tie this video together

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

captainOrbital posted:

How do you like that speaker? I was killing time in an airport today and they had one in the brookstone store. It sounded good for a fairly small/cheap speaker but they wouldn't let me turn it up to a volume level appropriate for garage use.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

KodiakRS posted:

How do you like that speaker? I was killing time in an airport today and they had one in the brookstone store. It sounded good for a fairly small/cheap speaker but they wouldn't let me turn it up to a volume level appropriate for garage use.

Now I'm trying to find it and failing, hint please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
It was like a game of search and find for me, too. Hanging from the handlebar of the black bike on the left.

Only the sikh could make a video with so many lame things, and still end up looking like total cool dudes I'd absolutely chill with.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 19, 2016