Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Nothing specifically against you but why do people always trot out Texas as the bad state? I mean it does suck but I've lived in a lot of states in the south and Texas isn't even close to the worst.

My hometown has this giant 48-star flag that they sometimes drape over city hall for events. Someone once asked the guy who stores it if he thinks using it is an insult to Alaska and Hawaii. He replied, "Of course not. It's an insult to New Jersey and Texas."

That's an old memory. Thanks for listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

dijon du jour posted:

I'm just wracking my brain for what could be "technically, but not actually" cannibalism. All I can think of is eating someone else's fingernail clippings. :psyduck:

Legally, cannibalism is eating flesh of a human corpse, and is not illegal in and of itself, in the US; there are laws that prevent you from engaging in "legal" cannibalism, however, such as disturbing a corpse or killing/injuring someone even with their consent. As far as I've been able to find info on it, someone would have to willing give you their flesh by removing it from their body themselves (ie, cutting of their own arm) and giving it to you to prepare, and as long as they don't die and it's all consensual, you're good :chef:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Nothing specifically against you but why do people always trot out Texas as the bad state? I mean it does suck but I've lived in a lot of states in the south and Texas isn't even close to the worst.

I'm not American but I see Florida used as this far more than Texas.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm not American but I see Florida used as this far more than Texas.

Florida is the Australia of America: full of bizarre people and crazy animals in a hostile climate.

Texas is more "The decadence of capitalist pigs".

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Munchables posted:

Legally, cannibalism is eating flesh of a human corpse, and is not illegal in and of itself, in the US; there are laws that prevent you from engaging in "legal" cannibalism, however, such as disturbing a corpse or killing/injuring someone even with their consent. As far as I've been able to find info on it, someone would have to willing give you their flesh by removing it from their body themselves (ie, cutting of their own arm) and giving it to you to prepare, and as long as they don't die and it's all consensual, you're good :chef:

You would know that.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
My "knife tragedies will increase" crazy person just said that making it hard to impossible for people to purchase assault rifles will have the opposite effect of what we hope to achieve with MORE violence, not less!

CRAZY PANTS: Again. I am against getting rid of our right to bear arms, not against regulations to keep certain, people from having them. Like the mentally ill. But, it will not stop all violence or even terrorism, gang wars, etc. Violece is still going to happen. And stabbings tend to be more vicious, and harder to treat.

NORMAL PERSON (OP): The regulations as they stand now are a joke. People complain about waiting three days for a pistol permit. OMG! You have to wait how many months for a full driver's license! A gun license should be at least as hard to get, AND include insurance!

ME: No one has mentioned stabbings except you, and frankly they don't really matter in this discussion. No one loving cares about the stabbings that may or may not be more prevalent after guns are "banned." We're talking about legislation NOW for GUNS.

RANDOM PERSON: Stabbings, lol. I'm sorry, but that's fricking beyond ridiculous

CRAZY PANTS: I am saying there is a correlation between banning guns and increased violence and if you want to stop the violence, banning or regulating guns may not be the whole answer. It is entirely relevant if you are looking at the whole picture. And FYI, a lack of improved safety is why our busses and other large vehicles do not carry the same laws, regarding seat belts. So yes, in some cases, the seatbelts may not be banned, but they are not required either.

Look, I am not saying don't regulate at all. I am saying to be careful what you are regulating and how, because it may not end up as less violen(ce)(t) in the end. It may not entirely have the effect we want or desire and in fact may be the opposite of what we want.

Like..... what?! Who said it was "all or nothing" about stopping violence? It's gun violence. And gun violence in mass shootings, with assault weapons. Not gang wars, not terrorism, just... what?!?!

AND WHO GIVES A gently caress ABOUT STABBBBBBBBINGS.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Just mention the first part of the second amendment and tell them that they don't actually have a right to own a firearm.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Wisconsin Rep. Gwen Moore issued a statement that wealthy individuals should face mandatory drug testing, as they get more "government assistance" in the form of deductions and subsidies than most welfare recipients make. It's not any sort of binding proposal; she's trying to make a point to people who have a hard-on for drug testing the poor despite numerous examples of it being a huge waste of resources.

Public comments on the Milwaukee local news article:

ಠ_ಠ

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr2GeWiDrdY

Imagine that with more people. And probably more death.

EDIT: Or that time (times?) that New York cops shot a bunch of bystanders while trying to shoot someone they were after. I don't think they ever even hit him.

About a week ago in Syndey the police injured 3 bystanders after opening fire on a man with a knife. It was an outdoor market, though I have no idea how crowded it was after the knife-guy and police had been around for a bit. We can only imagine how much better it would have gone if the crowd had simply opened fire on the man instead.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

In my case it's because I live here, and haven't lived in any of the places that might be worse.

Texas seems to take some kind of boisterous joy in being terrible, compared to other states that have the courtesy to be a little ashamed of it, or at least give the impression they're doing it out of stubbornness.

texas has almost gone blue several times since 2000. NC has been getting deeper red and is trying to slap fight bama for most bigoted state.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Something a little more light-hearted than recent stuff (public post):

:science:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Munchables posted:

Culinary arts are redeemed!

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

cash crab posted:

Culinary arts are redeemed!

Yaaaay I got cash crab to quote one of my food related posts!

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
To the single moms this weekend:

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Ein cooler Typ posted:

What is up with people attaching their weakass opinions to birds

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

ratbert90 posted:

Just mention the first part of the second amendment and tell them that they don't actually have a right to own a firearm.

Meh, case law says they do. I mean, the second amendment is way out-of-date for the 21st Century, and the interpretation of such so as to prohibit basic gun safety doubly so, but the right to own a firearm is an individual right.

It's best to concern troll that, under an originalist interpretation, you're allowed to own nuclear weapons. :v:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

GIRL BRAINS posted:

What is up with people attaching their weakass opinions to birds

Look man. I'm not saying it. It's the bird. And I agree with him, so it's two against one!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Coming this Summer

Two Birds

One Stone

IDIOM

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
HONK HONK

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Don't you loving start

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Whatup biznatches

SCREECH

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Hieronymus Bird checking in for a fight

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Look at this greasy bitch

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Weatherman posted:

Whatup biznatches

SCREECH

Rondette posted:

Hieronymus Bird checking in for a fight

None of these are budgerigars.

My work here is done.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

budgieinspector posted:

None of these are budgerigars.

My work here is done.

Important work done well.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did someone say birds

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Come on guys, we're not supposed to be the idiots here.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

BigglesSWE posted:

Come on guys, we're not supposed to be the idiots here.

Bird brains, the lot of them.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Otisburg posted:

It's possible the person is physically intersex rather than just latching on to being PonyGender or whatever because they saw it in a list of tumblr flags that don't even follow the rule of tincture.

But vanishingly unlikely

It's legit sad to watch just how far down the right wing Alex Jones style conspiracy rabbit hole my dad is crawling in his twilight years. :smith:

I somehow missed this when it was first posted but drat I didn't know there was a terrorist camp in Peggy's Cove of all places!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvAFSAqPGM

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The State of PVP or How I Learned to Hate Birds

I think there is a massive PVP balance issue and it's the fact PVP is all about picking people up with birds. Sure, there are some counters. Adding a ton of weight to your character is one, yet that can be simply countered by adding some carry weight to an argent (high end ones can carry 500 at base). The other is guns, but it's not easy shooting a bird plus most birds now have upwards of 10,000 health if the person is building for PVP.

All battles we get into are all about picking people up with birds. That determines the whole fight, and honestly it's pretty silly. We should at least be able to get out of a birds talons if we so choose so we can't be carried off to some random jail cell people built to troll someone (I would prefer not to have to log out to prevent this). You could still get someone off a mount briefly so it would be an anti bird tactic, but only a minor inconvenience for someone on the ground or a ground mount. Simply make attacking a bird with a weapon cause the bird to drop you. It would completely change the dynamics of PVP and open up a lot of new tactics instead of the constant bird battles PVP has turned into.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I love you, LoB.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I love you, LoB.

Go scream into a cup.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The State of PVP or How I Learned to Hate Birds

I think there is a massive PVP balance issue and it's the fact PVP is all about picking people up with birds. Sure, there are some counters. Adding a ton of weight to your character is one, yet that can be simply countered by adding some carry weight to an argent (high end ones can carry 500 at base). The other is guns, but it's not easy shooting a bird plus most birds now have upwards of 10,000 health if the person is building for PVP.

All battles we get into are all about picking people up with birds. That determines the whole fight, and honestly it's pretty silly. We should at least be able to get out of a birds talons if we so choose so we can't be carried off to some random jail cell people built to troll someone (I would prefer not to have to log out to prevent this). You could still get someone off a mount briefly so it would be an anti bird tactic, but only a minor inconvenience for someone on the ground or a ground mount. Simply make attacking a bird with a weapon cause the bird to drop you. It would completely change the dynamics of PVP and open up a lot of new tactics instead of the constant bird battles PVP has turned into.

Air superiority was always crucial in real world battles...stop whining and kibble tame high level Argents!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Is that a weird-looking male ruddy duck? Or a scaup where you can't see the green head? It seems like it would have made more sense to use a mallard? I am no duck :eng101:

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Jun 18, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The original meme was the Advice Mallard, which was indeed a mallard. Then it spawned the Malicious Advice Mallard, which was the same duck but photoshoped red.

This is the Angry Advice Mallard apparently, I have no clue where he comes from.

tviolet
May 20, 2004

That's certainly an adventurous post to make on /r/gaming, let's look at the top comment chain!

Bonus OP trying to go with the flow

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lmao birds

Bird!

BIRDS

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"God, why don't you have an original thought"
"This character that has been around for 70 years shouldn't change"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Immolat1on posted:

Something a little more light-hearted than recent stuff (public post):

:science:

I like that the comment, the article image and the article title have nothing to do with each other, outside of involving DNA. I wonder what the article actually says.